A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

LostCat's Characters

LostCat
    LostCat

Male
    Number of posts : 321
    Registration date : 2012-07-30

LostCat's Characters Empty LostCat's Characters

Post by LostCat 7/31/2012, 11:29 pm

Name: Hunter Gault

Eyes: Light Blue

Hair: Dark Brown (turns white when emotional or using ability)

Height: 5'7"

Body Type: Skinny

Skin Color: Very Pale White

God Parent: Chione (Goddess of Snow)

Mortal Parent: James Gault

Country of Origin: U.S.A

Pets: A snow white cat named Serenity

Skills: Novice dual blade combat, novice spear combat, writing, strategy

Weapon: A pair of dual blades called Θανάσιμη Νιφάδες χιονιού (Deadly Snowflakes), which are disguised as a pocket watch that has two snowflake insignias on it. Made of Celestial Bronze.

Flaws: Quick temper, shy, bipolar (can switch from angry to shy in a heartbeat), stubborn, near sighted (has to wear glasses)

Powers: Control over snow and the cold (5-6 inches for all snowfall he causes), summoning snow storms for a short period of time (about 5-10 minutes, usable only once a day. Only strong enough to annoy opponents, or possibly hinder vision. Takes up a small area, around 15 feet radius),can cause snowfall for 5-10 minutes (longer if assisted by his siblings, useable only once a day), freeze opponents if he has extended contact with them (to freeze a limb takes about 10 seconds of continous contact. And only remain frozen for a minute, or less if they have heat-based abilities. Usable three times a day. If the opponent also has ice capabilities, they will not be frozen.), can create waves of snow or ice by chaneling it through through his blades (can only go 5-10 feet away before it becomes useless, range extends in a snow storm, not very powerful, mainly used to hurt opponents enough to knock them down, or inflict damage by having ice crystals launched at them. Is a inch thick, containing either ice or snow. Only usable once a day. Arc like in shape, the arc is 5 feet wide, and it's range extends by 2 feet in a snowstorm. Ice crystals are only the size of a pencil. If opponent also has snow capabilities, they would be able to deflect or completely stop the arc, causing little to no damage.).

Life before CHB: Hunter was a odd child, never choosing to go outside when it was hot out, and wanting to stay out all day if it was snowing or very cold. He was what could consider a shut-in, never joining in with other kids outside, or joining sports clubs. He excells at writing, which always made english his best grade, and his stories were loved by his Language Arts teachers. His father was a ery quick tempered man who could make Hunter's day miserable with just one conversation. He blamed Hunter for his mother leaving, and either down right ignored him or was hurtful to him. Hunter wa made fun of because of his odd habits, shyness, and his hair when he was younger. When he got upset, his hair would turn pure white, which earned him ridicule as a child. His father saw a scene of it one day, and dragged Hunter away. He threatned that if it ever happened again, than being picked on would be the least of his worries. So afterwards, when he was upset, he would run to the bathroom and wait for it to turn back to normal. At the beginning of what was supposed to be his first year in highschool, he and his best friend were attacked on the way to school by a Sphinx residing in that part of the town. His friend was batted away when he tried to help Hunter, but thankfully he wasn't hurt to badly. The two were saved by the satyr that was working the area, who was disguised as their Lang. Arts teacher at the middle school. Afterwards, the situation was explained to his father, who simply told Hunter to get out and take his stuff with him. After he packed the little things he had, he was taken to Camp and put in with his half-siblings.

RP Example: I sat on a stump of a cut down tree and stared at the cloudy skies. If i were to look to my far right, I could see the camp, and the hussle and bussle that were there. I wasn't in the mood to deal with much today, so I decided to take a little excursion to the edge of the woods, enough to be in it, but not far enough to be in danger. I sighed for the umpteenth time today, somedays I wish I wasn't so shy. Maybe then I could find a girlfriend, or at least a friend.

Notes: Sunburns easily, doesn't tan, has a strange love for grape soda, and wears a large amount of white or black.

Last edited by LostCat on 8/1/2012, 12:47 am; edited 6 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

LostCat's Characters Empty Re: LostCat's Characters

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 12:08 am

(I recommend using a different color; this blue is hard to read.)

We normally only let snowfall last for, at most, 20 minutes -- how much snow can he create at most (in inches, preferably)? How much of an area do his snow storms take up, how strong are the snowstorms, and how much snow can they cause in inches at most? Calming snow/ice monsters isn't really a power, anybody could do it, so I suggest you remove it. How long do people's limbs remain frozen? (We only allow people to freeze limbs or such, not whole people.) By wave of snow or ice, do you mean it's like an arc? 20-30 feet away is too far a range. How much snow or ice is contained within each wave? Please put how many times a day he can use each power.
    LostCat
    LostCat

Male

Post by LostCat 8/1/2012, 12:19 am

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 12:31 am

Are his weapons Celestial bronze?

You need to define how much of an area the snow storm affects -- like, a ten foot radius around him or such. What happens if your character tries to freeze another character who has ice/snow powers -- would it affect them? How wide is the arc of ice/snow, and how much does the range extend in a snow storm? How large are the ice crystals he can launch? Would a person with ice/snow powers be able to counter this arc?
    LostCat
    LostCat

Male

Post by LostCat 8/1/2012, 12:37 am

edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 12:42 am

For his snow storm, do you mean a 15 foot radius/diameter or such? I recommend shortening the extension for his arc range a bit, maybe to 3 ft, as well as the size of the ice crystals. Do you mean the arc's an inch thick?
    LostCat
    LostCat

Male

Post by LostCat 8/1/2012, 12:46 am

Edited, and yes I mean a fifteen foot radius for the snowstorm. And yes, the wave is meant to be an inch thick.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/1/2012, 1:02 am

Approved.
    LostCat
    LostCat

Male

LostCat's Characters Empty Alistair King

Post by LostCat 8/10/2012, 6:19 pm

Name: Alistair King
    Eye Color: Dark Blue
    Hair Color: Light Brown (Almost wheat color)
    Height: 5'9"
    Body Type: Skinny
    Skin Color: Regular (not pale, but not tan either)
    God Parent: Demeter
    Mortal Parent: John King
    Country of Origin: U.S.
    Pet: A mouse named Wheately (resides in his jacket pocket)
    Talents: Good plant caretaker, plays violin, gets along with most animals, writing poems and stories, hiding
    Skills: Archery, Novice Spear fighting
    Weapon: A bow disguised as a arrow charm on a necklace, and two daggers strapped to his belt (Daggers disguised as belt clips. All Celestial Bronze)
    Flaws: Not very social, smokes (flavored scents), easily angered, tries to find ways out of work that doesn't interest him
    Powers: Can make plants or seeds within a ten foot radius grow (only useable 3 times a day, takes 3 minutes for the plant to reach full size, the largest plant he can make grow is a small tree. Can only grow one plant at a time. Tree size=6-7 feet tall, the maximum height of a plant he can grow), can control a plant he has grown (recquires him to be immobile to be immobile to work, and control only lasts 3 minutes. Loses control if hit or distracted. Can only be used 2 times a day. The largest plant he can control is a small tree.), can make arrows that cause the impacted area to sprout grass and roots (arrows dificult for him to make, only ever carrying two to three at a time due to how dificult it is for him to make. The area of effect is only 5 feet in diameter, meaning the enemy has to be within close range of the arrow for it to take effect. If the arrow actually lodges into a persons body, their body would be slowly covered in roots, however the full effect would take at least a minute, giving the opponent enough time to tear out the arrow. The roots are semi thick, not enough to strangle, but enough to slightly hinder movement. When the roots take full effect, they will slowly begin to cover the person's body, but they are thin enough to easily break out of. And the roots will only last two minutes when it takes full effect. The grass that sprouts from the impact is only a inch or two tall, hardly even coming near the height of a persons shoes. This so the roots will be barely noticeable in the grass, and possibly ensnare a persons foot. )

Life before CHB: Alistair lived a pretty normal life before coming to camp. He lived in a small apartment in the dead center of town, which didn't sit very well with him. He loved plants and to take care of them. Eventually, he found a abandoned greenhouse on the way to school and cleared it out. He began to buy seed packets with his allowance and grow them in the greenhouse, which he visited every afternoon. He often pressured his father about who his mother was, and was met with vague crappy answers. His constant frustration at his father led to his smoking. His father didn't mind it, but he wouldn't let Hunter smoke near him unless he agreed on scented smokes, which he did agree to. A satyr had been watching him under the guise as his Agriscience teacher, who he had told about his greenhouse. He explained everything to Alistair, who promptly left the city, only leaving a note behind for his father (he didn't want his father to freak out and start a search for him or something dumb like that). Afterwards, after some near-perils, he made it to camp and was placed in the Demeter Cabin.

RP Example: I sat behind my cabin, had to smoke and not get bugged by the others. Honestly, I don't know why I still smoked. Boredom I suppose. Eh, who cares, not me. I laugh at myself, why am I worrying about this? I've got better things to worry about, like getting this little beauty planted hehehe.

Notes: Carries his mouse, Wheately, with him everywhere, due to his quick temper, he has a hard time getting along with many people, and has an odd love for shaved ice.

Last edited by LostCat on 8/10/2012, 11:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/10/2012, 10:44 pm

How many times a day can he control plants, and for how long each time? What does he normally make the plants do, and what's the largest plant he can control? (I'd think putting that he can control plants he grows is redundant, with the first power already there.) For the plants he's grown and can control, do you mean he's immobile or the plants are? What's the largest plant he can grow, and how long does it normally take him to grow something? When his plant arrows hit the ground, how much of an area does it affect?
    LostCat
    LostCat

Male

Post by LostCat 8/10/2012, 10:50 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/10/2012, 11:07 pm

So, it's one plant grown per time, correct? Can you define the size of a small tree for both the plant growth and the plants he can control? So, you mean a 5 foot radius or diameter for the impact of the arrow? What happens if it actually hits somebody and, say, lodges into their shoulder?
    LostCat
    LostCat

Male

Post by LostCat 8/10/2012, 11:12 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/10/2012, 11:27 pm

Mhm.... How large are the roots and how long is the grass that grows when the arrow hits the ground?
    LostCat
    LostCat

Male

Post by LostCat 8/10/2012, 11:35 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/10/2012, 11:52 pm

So, from the arrow/the arrow wound, the roots slowly begin to cover the person's body? How long do the roots last if the full effect manages to take place, or can a person easily break out of them?
    LostCat
    LostCat

Male

Post by LostCat 8/10/2012, 11:56 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen