A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

First Character Form

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime

Female
    Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2012-11-26

First Character Form Empty First Character Form

Post by OptimistPrime 11/26/2012, 10:05 pm

Name: Evangeline (Evan) Avery
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Brunette with hints of Red
    Height: 5'6"
    Body Type: Lean and Muscular
    Skin Color: Lightly Sunkissed with Tons of Freckles
    God Parent: Apollo
    Mortal Parent: Dr. Idris Avery
    Country of Origin: America
    Pets: Doberman Pinscher named Adonis
    Talents: Archery; Natural Musician (favoring hand drums such as bongos and djembes); Intermediate Medical Skills
    Weapon: Celestial Bronze Kopis
    Flaws: Seriously Impatient; a Little TOO Curious (curiosity DID kill the cat); Arrogant
    Powers: Healing Abilities and can Inflict Illness(minor and major) but both take a hit to Health, the impact depending on the degree of injury/illness

Life Before CHB: Evangeline was born to famous surgeons Idris and Hubert Avery. Hubert was unable to sire children, so the Avery's prayed to the gods for help. Apollo answered their prayers and acted as the surrogate father to Evangeline. She was never told that Apollo was her actual father. She grew up as any normal kid with two famous surgeons as parents would. The Avery's traveled often and spent much time in Brazil to perform surgeries for the tribespeople. This is where Evangeline was taught archery and how to drum, both of which she naturally excelled at. Evangeline was taught by the best teachers money could buy and learned medical skills from her parents. She loved exploring in the jungle, but started feeling lonely after a few months away from civilization. Her parents noticed her melancholy attitude, and surprised her with a doberman puppy. Evangeline instantly fell in love with the dog and named him Adonis. Everything was grand and the Avery's couldn't have been happier, that was, until the monsters started attacking. Her parents knew she was in danger, but couldn't tell her about her real father, so the Avery's enrolled their daughter in a prestigious boarding school back in America just as Evangeline was turning 13. A few months went by without incident, and then there was a sudden outbreak of chicken pox. Everyone was stricken, the students, the teachers, even those who had already had the pox, but not Evangeline. The power attracted many monsters, but, before they could attack, a satyr came and took Evangeline to Camp Half-Blood where she finally learned the true origin of her birth.

RP Example:
    "Hello?" I called out, "Is anyone there?"
    There was a rustling up in the bushes behind me. Adonis whined in earnest and started sniffing around. I turned on my heels and peered up into the foliage.
    "Hello?" I was used to noises in the jungle; I'd been exploring them for a good three years. But today was different. Adonis had been jumpy for the last half mile, and I couldn't help but feel the same way. Something was following us; I was sure of it.
    The rustling grew louder, and I had a sudden feeling of dread. We were alone out here, and it would take us an hour to get back home. I thought about turning around and running, but my curiosity got the better of me. I continued to walk towards the rustling, Adonis at my heels. It was then that a big nasty ogre came barreling through the trees.
    "Adonis," I said carefully, "Run." He took the cue, turned around and ran further into the jungle. I followed closely behind. I paid no mind to the branches and sharp leaves cutting my face and arms. All I wanted to do was get as far away from that thing as possible.

Any notes about your characters: Has a nack of getting overly obsessed with things very quickly, and losing interest in them just as fast

Last edited by OptimistPrime on 11/27/2012, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

First Character Form Empty Re: First Character Form

Post by Jordan 11/27/2012, 8:48 am

We don't allow exotic animals as pets.

What is the biggest wound she can heal?

What is the worst disease she can inflict?

How many times a day can she use her power?

Did she meet Apollo before CHB?
    OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime

Female

Post by OptimistPrime 11/27/2012, 5:28 pm

Edited

She can heal major illnesses without fully tiring. Other wounds, such as a stab wound or a broken bone would take all of her energy to heal. Minor cuts and ills, like the cold or a stomach ache, take less energy, and she can do them about 10 times a day if needed.

The worst diseases she can inflict is leprosy and the plague. The disease is instant and contagious, but it does not kill, and wears off after two days. She can inflict major diseases 2 times a day, but usually only does so in battle.

Isn't it against the rules to have demigods meet their god parent before CHB?
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Jordan 11/27/2012, 6:08 pm

Yeah, we don't allow children to meet their godly parent before CHB. You mentioned how Apollo acted as a surrogate father...

I'd only allow a major illness to be inflicted once a day. When She infects people with the illness, is it through touch? Or like an aura type of of thing?

And when you say "leprosy and the plague" I'm assuming (when you say plague) you mean the Bubonic Plague, correct?
    OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime

Female

Post by OptimistPrime 11/28/2012, 1:18 am

Surrogate as in he was the sperm donor. Nothing more, really.

Once a day is perfectly fine. She does it through touch.

Yes, Bubonic. I suppose I should have specified.
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Chuck 11/28/2012, 11:54 pm

Inflicting disease doesn't seem like much of an Apollo power, not to mention it seems a bit over-powered, unless it could be resisted, so I wouldn't allow it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 3:03 pm