A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Twisted Worlds - Nearworld - An original story

Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female
    Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Twisted Worlds - Nearworld - An original story Empty Twisted Worlds - Nearworld - An original story

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 1/6/2013, 10:37 pm

A.N. The chapters are supposed to be really short. There are supposed to be a lot of them though, so it won't be too short. I hope you enjoy!

Prologue
    “The last, Malyssa Bleux,” Professor Canary announced in her leader-like voice. Hard and stern like always. “She may be the bane of our success. Our mission is to mark, revert, and eliminate. Phase one will commence immediately. The Vortex Converter will be ready in two hours. By then the retrieval team should be prepared for transport into the Nearworld. Phase two will be delivered through the multiworldly telecommunication device.
    “The others will be informed though. We have to be very precise with this operation. These variables are critical pieces for our survival and our destruction. We must not fail at any circumstances. The future of the human race may depend on it. Correction, will depend on it. The world is counting on you. Now, get ready to save it.”
    The physicists, astronomers, and various types of scientists launched a volley of questions, though they had taken part of the operation at hand. Professor Canary had affirmed and answered at lightning speed, never faltering, and without a flaw. She had answered all of these simple minded questions hundreds of times so Professor Canary thought elsewhere.
    [i] We need to get started. Will these idiots stop messing around? They should have been prepared weeks ago! Now, it’s two hours ‘til.[/i] Professor Canary thought while the commotion died down. She had been stressed over this project for years and years; she wasn’t going to let these cretins mess up her life’s work. Sacrificing an unbelievable amount, she just wouldn’t allow it. Impossible to go back now. This is the beginning of the end. [i]It starts with a child, my child.[/i]

Last edited by Ryndiangelo on 1/7/2013, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart
    Ryn the Sylph of Heart

Female
    Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Twisted Worlds - Nearworld - An original story Empty Re: Twisted Worlds - Nearworld - An original story

Post by Ryn the Sylph of Heart 1/7/2013, 1:06 am

I wasn’t sure what to make of my current situation. It’s bad, really bad. I just wasn’t built for this. I’m not invincible. I’m not Superman. I want to give up and let it all be over. Sadly, that would mean the end of the world. But, you’re most likely confused at this point. Let me start over.

It was the pants that really ticked me off. Not the police officers, not the blaring sirens, not the yelling people, but the fact I landed in a fountain and got my pants wet got me to lose my temper.
    I had no idea how I got there, I was saying bye to my dad then suddenly I’m in a fountain. Unbelievable! Its hard to understand what’s happening when your pants are wet. Okay, not the best idea to say that to the world, but, I hope you can imagine how agitated I was.

Malyssa Bleux. It’s my name. Not to be confused with the pronunciation Maleesa Bleh-oox. Trust me, its happened a surprising many times before. Can anyone tell me why? No.
    I’m a regular person, so why’d this have to happen to me? I have a mom, a dad, and a cat. Is that not good enough for the universe to leave me alone? Many of my friends go to the same school as me. We talk, study, and laugh like regular students. When I get home, I greet my dad, grab a snack and head upstairs to my room to do my homework. Am I not a usual teenager? My mom gets home, we have dinner, chat about our day, watch some television, then hit the sack. Why was it me?
    Unfortunately, I am that unfortunate to have to be put through this. I’m not just talking about the fountain, I’m talking about what happens next, after the fountain.

A man with curly, brown hair in his mid twenties clad in casual clothing was whispering something to someone next to him. My eyes focused onto both the people. The second, recognizably female though a bit tomboyish, was dressed in a black police officer’s uniform, was jotting down notes on what the man had seen. Somehow I overheard their conversation over the water streaming onto my sore head.
    “I was walking by and then, flash! Suddenly there was this girl passed out in the fountain. Some other people noticed cause a crowd formed. Then I was, like, ‘What?’ and my friend was like on his phone telling me to stop shouting. Then, I got him to look and he was wondering what happened. That’s when I noticed the top thingy on the fountain broke. There was also like a big crack and a chunk missing. And there was water everywhere” The man nervously answered.
    “I can see that sir, thank you.” The police officer calmly said. The man walked off into the crowd as she asked him to retrieve his friend.
    Keeping my eyes barely open, I pretended to still be passed out as the woman slowly approached my body. She laid her index and middle fingers lightly on my neck. They were calloused and rough. I managed not to flinch as the officer checked my pulse.
    “She’s alive.” She sighed with relief and smiled a bit. Quickly she returned to her straight face as she looked directly at the crowd and walked. Then turned back to me and resumed walking. I realized she was pacing and trying to remember something because she was mumbling to herself. “What was I supposed to do? Oh, dear God, CEF is going to fire me for sure.” Who or what was CEF? What is she going to do? Less than a minute had passed when the officer had ceased pacing, and walked to me again. She softly shook my shoulder to see if I was awake. That time, I flinched. My eyes fluttered open to clearly see a ginger haired woman. Her hair in a frizzy, tousled ponytail. Frown lines populated her face along with freckles that almost seemed out of place.
    “Are you okay, miss?” The face of the officer portrayed an odd mix of confusion and delight.
    I mumbled something unintelligible meaning to say, “What do you think? Would you be if you landed in and broke a fountain?” Finally, I managed to say “Y-Yeah.” Realizing I was cold, the officer Helped me up out of the fountain, and offered me a towel that another officer handed to her. Suspicious, I glanced at the towel for a moment and then wrapped in around my shoulders. Shivering and shaking, my knees almost buckled. I was exhausted, freezing, and dripping wet. Please point me to the nearest mattress store. I needed a nap.
    “Are you sure you’re okay?” The officer repeated. “What’ your name?”
    Jeez, like I’m gonna tell you. I thought but almost said. I don’t respect authority. I like to be the authority. Instead I answered truthfully before I could stop myself. “Malyssa and yes I- I, achoo! I’m okay.”
    “Good, where are your parents?” She smiled but I saw right through it. Her eyes screamed suspicion. “ Do you remember anything? How old are you?”
    “How old are you?”
    “Excuse me?” The officer seemed offended. Good.
    “You are not excused.”
    “I’m sorry but I’m going to have to ask you to-”
    “Ma’am, I’ll take it from here.” A boy, by the looks of it, about fifteen, my age, dressed in briefs and a tucked in dress shirt strolled in. He had blond hair that looked like gold in the sunlight. A few flyaways shined making his head look like a glimmering halo. His strides, evenly paced, looked smooth and graceful. His welcoming, deep brown eyes portrayed kindness, though overall he looked like he was meeting someone for lunch. Not strolling into a crime scene to see a sopping wet girl and a police officer.
    “I am sorry, but you will have to leave. Civilians are not allowed past the police tape.”
    “Not to worry, I’m a Conoway,” the boy’s steady voice matched his appearance. Kind and welcoming.
    “Yeah, like you are a Conoway,” The police office snorted. A few others heard the boy’s response and laughed. “The Conoway’s only let the finest in. Why would they have a child working at the facility?”
    “Because I am their son,” the boy triumphantly smiled as he knew he had won. The officer’s face surprised and embarrassed “Jess Conoway. Now may I see the girl? CEF needs to ask her a few questions.” There is that name again, CEF. “The she will be returned to you Officer Nicholas.” Okay, from welcoming to weird. Jess, as the boy identified himself as, was talking like I was some kind of toy or plaything. Like I wasn’t even there, he promised the officer that I would be ‘returned’ to her.
    “Oh, I am, uh, sorry.” Officer Nicholas apologized. “I didn’t recognize you, sir.” Nor did the rest of the crowd since they began chatting about the ‘Conoway boy’ who came to the scene of the ‘crime’.
    “Hello, do I get a choice in this matter?” I intervened.
    “Nancy, that will be all.” The boy dismissed Officer Nicholas with the wave of his hand. Whipping around, Jess faced me though he avoided my gaze. “You better be obedient!” He yelled in a hushed voice. So I guess the nice boy was all a facade, an act. There goes me coming quietly, like he wanted.

You know one time, a cop asked me if I needed a ride home because it was raining and he happened to know my dad. Most people would have either graciously accepted or kindly denied. I, on the other hand, snorted, slammed the car door, and told him I would beat his police cruiser home anyday. After that I stalked off, but turned around occasionally to throw rocks at his car. This was like that time. Well, not exactly, but it did involve not obeying and respecting the police. I ducked under the police tape and got looks from the surrounding crowd. I glanced around me to find any spots I could escape as I followed shortly behind Jess. As we passed by a tree, I saw my opportunity. A slowed my pace and then slipped away into the brush. Or at least that was what I planned to do.
    Jess caught my right arm before I took two steps. “I told you to obey.”
    I looked at him right in they eye and said “No”. With my free hand I slapped his face with as much force as I could. Oh, I love the sound of my hand in contact with someone’s face. Yes, I am that sick. Running back into the brush, I glanced behind me to see Jess had already recovered and was catching up fast. With my luck, of course, I had to run into a tree while looking back. My head throbbed even more. Jess had quickly taken a device from his pocket and I felt a sharp pain on my arm like getting a shot. The world slowly faded away into a black nothingness, until I was unconscious.

Current date/time is 5/18/2024, 9:45 pm