A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Coming to Terms

Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Coming to Terms Empty Coming to Terms

Post by Jordan 5/22/2013, 4:22 pm

Jordan sighed, lowering himself slowly onto a wooden bench in front of a marble fountain. His shoulders ached, his abs, his lower back. He wasn't used to carrying his weight all hunched over. Jordan rested the crutches down on the ground and stretched his legs out in front of him... well, his right leg, and what was left of the other one. What would he tell his mother? She was absolutely devastated when she learned his arm had been removed. How would she react if another part of him went missing? Jordan stared down at his worn converse shoes, the dingy laces peaked out from behind a pair of jeans. Maybe he didn't need to tell her... maybe he could hide his wound from his mother... forever. His leg actually looked fairly normal under his jeans. He sighed, leaning forward and pressing his face into his palms. Why had he agreed?
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2766
    Registration date : 2012-07-08

Coming to Terms Empty Re: Coming to Terms

Post by Snuffleasaurus 5/22/2013, 4:29 pm

Ever was on her way to the Athena cabin, her red Jansport backpack slung ovrr shoulder, and three large booksin her arms. She approahed the marble fountain and was continuing on when she saw a large figure. His broad shoulders, well muscled frame. Ever squealed and rushed over. She dropped her books o the bench and threw her arms around the guy's neck. "Oh my gods , Jordan!" she squeezed his neck then steppe back, her eyes skimming his body. He'd lost his leg. She cringed slightly at the sight of it, her eyes resting on it slightly longer then back to his face.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 5/27/2013, 10:10 am

Jordan stared up towards the sky as an excited friend ran over to hug him. He forgot he had friends to worry about. How would they take it? He didn't want to be babied. He was the same, tough old demigod who could deal with an injury... even if it involved a major loss. He felt the arms pull way from his neck and stared up at Ever as the hug was terminated. "Hey." Jordan murmured, general uneasiness was laced in his tone. His voice lacked emotion recently after the attack. He felt hopeless, betrayed, lost. Why would the gods send him on a quest to accomplish nothing but return a lost pet? He knew he was kidding himself. He'd saved the entire camp from destruction. Lamia and her daughters were relentless, and would stop at nothing until their castle was filled with each demigod's head. He looked up at Ever through tired eyes, plagued with dark, bruise-like circles, and smiled. "Hey Ever." He said, attempting to force emotion into his words.
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Snuffleasaurus 5/27/2013, 4:00 pm

Ever frowned down at him, then gently sat down on the spot next to him. "I really want to apologize for ditching you and Vic..." Ever trailed off and looked down at her Chucks and frowned. She did feel bad for leaving them, but she didnt really want to focus on that. She looked back to his face. He looked exhausted and like he wanted to be left alone, but Ever wasnt leaving just yet. "You look... sick," she noted, always bringing out the obvious. "Whats wrong?" EVer was like a shoulder to cry on, the person you came to for advice. of course, she didnt care to hear anyone's problems, but Jordan was different.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 5/28/2013, 4:35 pm

Jordan looked at Ever and frowned.
    "Look. There's no good way to say this, but I'm glad you left. I'm glad you couldn't handle..." Jordan sighed, leaning forward and pressed his palms to his eyes.
    "I don't know what I would have done if you left the quest... looking like me." Jordan covered his face entirely, rubbing his eyes with the tips of his fingers. He didn't want to imagine his friends being in danger, let alone, left with major injuries. The son of Hephaestus let out a heavy sigh, sinking back into the bench and sprawled out, letting his limbs dangle off the end of the bench. His head hung back against the back of the seat and he watched the sky, slowly turning several shades purple and pink. It would be time for dinner soon.
    "I'm alright I guess... just... Just tired." Jordan decided. There was so much more. But he didn't want to make Ever uncomfortable with his politics. It wasn't exactly a good thing to resent the gods, and hell, even despise them a little.
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Snuffleasaurus 5/29/2013, 6:39 am

Ever scooted over and wrapped her thin, tan arms around his large one. "No one's going to judge you because you lost a leg. The only one judging is you. You're still Jordan and you are still bug and strong. You're still you." she squeezed his arm and then released it. She pulled back and let her gray eyes land on his face. "If I had stayed, I couldve kept your leg from being severd from your body. It could have been me." Ever said quietly, but loud enough so he could hear. She kept her piercing eyes locked on his face. "So whats bothering you?" ever asked gently
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 5/30/2013, 9:52 pm

Jordan smiled, the first time in a long while. "You always know what to say." He mused with a heavy sigh. "There was no stopping it. Lamia took my leg after the final blow, I was stubborn, I had to be the one to do it even though I had lost too much strength, and blood." Jordan explained. If he had the proper energy at the time, he could have dodged her tail and the spikes that tore his flesh. "I mean... I don't know. It's hard to be okay after a loss like this." Jordan sighed. In actuality he wanted to go to sleep and never have to wake up. He felt so tired, so helpless. And at least in sleep, he didn't have to worry about... well anything. The only thing to worry about while sleeping was waking up.
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Snuffleasaurus 5/31/2013, 8:49 pm

Ever turned her large, round, gray eyes up to Jordan. "I would say I know how you feel, but I don't. But look; You're still you, and you're still amazing. If you need anything, and I mean Anything at all, you can come to me. You were my first friend here, and I owe you for a lot of stuff. I havent forgotten." Even though she would never ever admit it, she'd always had a bit of a crush on Jordan. I mean, come on. He was big and strong, and sexy as hell. Of course, that ended when she had met Achilles, and Jordan morphed into a brother for her. "You just need to perk up a bit. Come on. We can go to the library, or the arena. Let's go do something." she gave him one of her dazzling smiles. he needed to keep his mind off his loss.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 6/1/2013, 8:03 pm

It was hard to remain depressed when faced with a smile like that. Jordan's face broke into a similar smile and he put up his hands in a reassuring manner. "Okay, okay. I'm convinced." Jordan smiled and leaned his torso forward to retrieve the crutches that rested on the ground. He propped them up and pulled himself off the wooden bench and sighed as he adjusted the rests under his arms.
    He had no idea where he wanted to go. Personally, he had no interest in the library. Jordan wasn't in good enough shape to head to the arena. He wasn't feeling hungry... which was new for him. He had no idea where he wanted to go. He did want to feel better though. Jordan did not want to sit there sulking... but... he wasn't sure what Ever had in mind. He looked at his friend with a shrug. "No where really sounds all that great... " He sighed wanting to sit back down in defeat. He wasn't really feeling up for anything... nothing sounded enjoyable.
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Snuffleasaurus 6/1/2013, 10:11 pm

Ever frowned. She pondered the different places they could go. A walk seemed rude, and Jordan was never one for the library. The arena would kind of be an insult. "Okay, well how about we go to the Music room?"Even as Ever said it, she was secretly hoping he'd offer up archery. With her luck, Achilles would be there, and she's get to be with Jordan and Achilles
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Post by GwrachSeren 6/1/2013, 10:18 pm

Victoire was on her way from her cabin to the library when she spotted them. She stopped, frozen like a statue. A rather ugly statue in her opinion. She had a long scar down her face and bandages on her arms from being cut so much. She also hid her mechanical fingers on instinct. Her voice made itself work. "Jordan?" she called out.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 6/2/2013, 11:36 am

Jordan shrugged as his eyes dropped to the ground. Nothing sounded enjoyable or interesting. All the things he used to enjoy doing... well he wasn't exactly in the best state for them. Wrestling, boxing, sword fighting, metal working... Eating was the one thing he still could do, but he didn't want to. He wasn't feeling hungry much, which was very weird for him. "Maybe we should just not do anything today. I'm not really feeling up for anything..." Jordan sighed and maneuvered himself backwards to sit on the bench once more. He wasn't in the position to be on his feet for extended periods of time. Jordan dropped his crutches once more and pressed his hands to his face.
    He didn't want to do anything. Nothing. Everything reminded him of the horrors that followed them on the quest.
    Mountains of dead campers. Broken and splintering skeletal monsters. Reptilian women with sharp talons and evil eyes. He wasn't sure if he'd ever be able to go near the lake or the beach again. More than being tortured by Lamia, he was terrified of those skeletal monsters, Mormo, Lamia had called them.
    Campers were always so eager for quests, but they never knew what actual dangers waited for them. Jordan pulled his hands away from his face to notice they were shaking. He heard his name called and clamped his hands to the loose cloth of his jeans. Victoire stood, illuminated by sunlight, she was a sight for sore eyes. Jordan waved her over with a quick motion from his hand, hoping she would understand why he wouldn't stand to greet her, let alone, run and hug her.
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Snuffleasaurus 6/2/2013, 12:13 pm

Ever sighed. Maybe he just didn't like her anymore. How could she blame him though? She did run out on them, ditched them and ran to keep herself safe. She heard Jordan's name being called. Victoire stood. Gods, she was pretty. Her looked down at her own ragged nails, her greases smeared on her left cheek. Ever backed up a step. She was going to bolt before Vic got to them, but she did want to see the older girl, make sure she was okay.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/2/2013, 6:39 pm

Victoire approached, clearly hiding her hand. She saw Ever and her face lit up. "Biscuit! You're alive!" Victoire smiled weakly. Her watch beeped and Victoire sighed. She moved her hands in front of her to silence the alarm, the celestial bronze fingers she wore on her hand glinting in the light of the sun. She gave a sheepish look to the two of them as she brought out an antibiotic and swallowed it. "It's for the pnuemonia... I have some lingering effects..."

She shifted awkwardly. "I see you both got back... How's the legs, Jordan? I'm sorry I wasn't around... I kinda had to deal with that girl..."
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Snuffleasaurus 6/2/2013, 8:58 pm

Biscuit. Vic had called her that because of her last name, Mercado. Ever backed up a step. "I-I'll leave you two alone. If you need me, I'll be at the library." She didn't want to leave them. They were the only people that talked to her except Achilles. Ever had pretty much only been to the mess hall, library, and her cabin since she had ditched the quest.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 6/8/2013, 4:04 pm

"It... it's working out." Jordan said, bending his left knee repeatedly to demonstrate movement. "No it's cool. I had to keep Lamia from getting to you..." He looked at her face and moved his eyes to her hand. Jordan frowned, convinced it was his fault she was wounded. "I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough." The son of Hephaestus sighed, now unsure whether he was apologizing to her or himself. He was no match for Lamia's speed. She nearly gutted him like a fish. He remembered the shower after he had mostly healed, the long jagged scar the stretched across his abdomen. Her swift movements, her glowing eyes and long black hair blurred in his vision.

Those claws... Those horrible, rending claws that cost him his health, his blood, and ultimately his leg. He remembered everything so vividly and there was no way to get rid of the fear. His nightmares were getting progressively worse and worse. He remembered as she gripped his wrist and removed his sword. Those emerald scales that plunged deep into his skin and muscle as she whispered sweet lies, lowering him slowly to the cold floor as warmth and life drained out of him. She left him to die... to listen to the screams of his friends as they met their fate. She told her daughters to leave him to suffer alone, feeding them the blood that was left on her hands.

Jordan looked up at Toire and Ever to realize tears were streaming down his face as he gripped the t-shirt he wore... damn it. Another flash back... in front of people, his friends. His limbs, the ones he had left, were shaking. He could have come out worse, but he felt so helpless, so lost. "Sorry." He sniffed as his voice shook. He used to be so strong, emotionally and physically... he wondered if he'd ever get over it. He looked up to Ever to mentioned leaving and shook his head, "No... please stay." He said, it almost sounded like begging. He sighed again, but it turned into audible and shaky breaths as he tried to calm himself. It was his fault for everything. Victoire's injuries, her illness. He was a pretty poor excuse for a hero
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/9/2013, 3:07 pm

Victoire bit her lip and looked at her shoes before looking back up at Jordan. She placed a hand on his shoulder, her metal fingers making a soft tapping sound. "Hey, it's OK. You went through a lot... But look. We're all alive. We're all here. You're alive. You're here. So what if we've brought a lack of appendages. We're alive, Jordan."

She gave him a smile with her reddened lips before looking at Ever. "Biscuit, if you leave, I'll use my new sword to skewer you."
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Snuffleasaurus 6/9/2013, 8:03 pm

Ever looked up, and her scrunched her face together. "Fasten together or pierce with a pin or skewer. That doesn't sound desirable," She looked back and forth between the two. "I-I'm sorry I left you guys. I could have been there to save you. I could be the one hurt, not you. I'm really sorry." She looked back down at her feet, her blonde hair forming a barrier around her face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 11:01 am