A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

calm waters

tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female
    Number of posts : 2441
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

calm waters Empty calm waters

Post by tyler oakley 6/9/2013, 11:26 pm

aurora rae cohen

aurora wondered what it would be like if no one was mean. like, would there be people always changing the world, more things happening every day, hour, month? or would everyone just be minding their own business and have a happy little life? aurora would choose the former. she wasn't one to sit around and let everyone else do all the work. aurora always had to be doing something. always. that's why she sucked at being an extra, she had to be always talking or moving or something.
    she walked in, holding an orange and white cigarette between her fingers. she lit it, and put it in her mouth, puffing out smoke. this usually calmed her down or at least distracted her weird thoughts.
    the waves lapped onto the shore, and it made soft pitter-patters on the sand. aurora sat down in them, getting her new jeans wet. but aurora didn't care too much, what had just happened was more important
    she and starr had just been filming a new movie in a field, monsters attacked and they ran and ended up in this weird place. aurora had seen a few monsters before, but she had figured they were some sociopath nerds who went to those lame video game conventions or whatever. you get used to that kind of stuff in new york.
    what had happened, though, wasn't so simple. aurora relived the event in her mind.

aurora couldn't wait until the next scene of the movie. it was when starr's character died. she loved her twin and all, but you know, sibling rivalry. starr was always the more liked one. the more famous one. more people had posters of her in their bedrooms. aurora didn't think it was fair. come on. they're twins. what was even different about them? sure, aurora had shorter hair, but really? she didn't think people were that judgy, in fact the fans she had met were okay, even though they were kind of sociopathic.
    so the scene was playing out all right. aurora and starr knew their lines. and right when aurora's character was about to stab starr, all hell broke loose.
    people screamed as big monsters leaped out of the bushes. starr and aurora looked at each other and ran.

aurora wasn't very proud of what she had done, but oh well, she and her sister were all right.

ooc: i gtg so sorry for lame post
    communist
    communist
    Honorary Cat

Female
    Number of posts : 3385

calm waters Empty Re: calm waters

Post by communist 6/10/2013, 10:16 pm

Genevieve Starr Cohen

genevieve starr cohen sat at the edge of the wooden pier, her bare feet dangling in the clear blue water. she was bored, bored to death. there was nothing to do at this stupid camp she hadn't even wanted to go to. most other people would have been preoccupied with the beauty of the lake, but she wasn't the kind of person to appreciate things like that. every now and then, she raised a cigarette to her lips and took a puff of smoke, lost in her thoughts about what she called her former life -- her life before she and aurora ran to camp because of those stupid monsters attacking them during the film.

starr tucked a strand of dark hair behind her ear as recollections surfaced in her mind. it wasn't obvious, but she was sure more people liked her better than aurora. one part of her, the one that craved attention, liked it, but the other part, the sisterly part, felt bad for it. it wasn't like there was a huge difference between them -- at least, in their appearances. but in personalities? well, starr was a cocky girl who couldn't resist flirting with cute boys of her age, while aurora was a sweetheart who got upset at herself too easily. yeah, that definitely wasn't the same person, and starr didn't see how that was possible. unless you had, like, multiple personality disorder or something.

starr let out a small sigh, tearing her gaze away from the water, and stood up. she had decided to find someone to talk to. her dark brown gaze raked the beach, searching for a person or two, and landed on a familiar figure sitting on the sand. aurora rae cohen, her twin sister.

"yo, aury!" starr called out, taking another puff of smoke. most people called her sister aur, but she liked to call her aury, just to annoy her. sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. a small smile twitched on her lips. her floaty, pale blue dress rippled in the wind as she strode towards aurora. "long time no see, hmm, love?" she gave her sister a slight grin as she reached her, showing off her perfectly white teeth, and plopped down on the sand next to her. she didn't give a crap if her dress got wet, even though it was lovely. being a famous celebrity, she could always afford a new one.

word count: 404 | tags: starr | notes: your post isn't lame, bby.

Ariel
    Ariel

Female
    Number of posts : 169
    Registration date : 2012-07-23

Post by Ariel 6/11/2013, 1:52 pm

calm waters Lucy_n11

Lucy stepped out of the cabin for the children of Morpheus that day, or more like walked with a bit of a hop in her step, with not a care in the world. Nor an idea on what exactly she was going to do that day. Her plan originally was to try and catch up with a few friends of hers who were planning on going out to the beach, but those plans fell through and now she was left alone. Though she had got it set in her mind that she wanted to go to the beach and that a nice dip in the water sounded like some fun, even if she was going to be alone. So she made her way towards the beach, her blonde hair bopping up and down some with each step she made and her arms swinging in rhythm with her stride.
    The weather was nice that day, the sky was clear and it was warm but not overwhelming, there was even a hint of a breeze that caught some of her blonde strands as she stepped onto the warm sands that designated this area in front of her as the beach. It was really the perfect day to be there on the beach and the water looked almost crystal clear and blue and called to her as she moved closer to the shore. It really was a shame that she had to come here alone, but as she let her feet into the water she couldn't imagine herself anywhere else today. The water pulled in and out, exposing her feet on the sand and then immediately came towards her again and covered her ankles. Lucy walked along with her feet still in the water, enjoying being alone for the moment. It was surprisingly empty on the beach today and there weren't that many kids screaming and playing like there normally was around this time of year. Lucy couldn't help but think that maybe there was something going on back at camp that maybe caused her plans to fall through. Maybe she should go back? No, she thought as she shook her head, this is where I want to be.
    Lucy began to hum a little tune, she liked humming and kept the same hop in her step as she walked in rhythm to the tune. She spied two figures sitting in the water right in front of her. She looked at them, noticing right away that they looked extremely similar to each other. Twins? She thought to herself as she tilted her head. Lucy liked twins, it must have been nice to know that you had a sibling who was entirely your sibling. One that you actually shared both parents with. She didn't have anything but half or pretend siblings. "Hello, are you guys new here?" Lucy cheerfully asked as she approached the first people she had really seen here on the beach today.

tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 6/11/2013, 7:08 pm

aurora rae cohen

aurora looked up as starr sat next to her.
    "yo, aury! long time no see, hm, love?" aurora smiled at her sister.
    "starr darling, hi." she brushed her hair back. so, you okay?" she asked, referring to the little "drama" that had happened just a few hours ago.
    but before starr could answer, another girl walked up.
    "hello, are you guys new here?" the girl asked.
    aurora looked up at her. "yeah, we were filming a movie over in those fields and some monsters came out." she said this completely calmly. to be honest, a lot of things like that had been happening lately for aurora and her twin. ever since they had turned eighteen. in fact, about a month before, aurora had thought a limousine driver had horns. and he had almost driven them off a cliff to face their rocky deaths. that had made the magazines, oh yeah, everyone was so afraid for the girls and it made aurora happy that she had such supporting fans. but still, there were people who wanted to kidnap her.. so..

ooc: well now it's crappy
    i cant post like 100s of words at a time :(
    Ariel
    Ariel

Female

Post by Ariel 6/15/2013, 8:43 pm

Lucy's eyes widened and brightened as the girl mentioned filming. Her thoughts raced as the possibilities ran through her head. Filming what? A television show, or maybe a movie? Oooh, or maybe a music video! She couldn't help but smile as her her thoughts filled her mind. "Yea, luckily you don't have to worry about monsters here. There is a barrier or something, I don't really know. Its not my job to know." Lucy let out a laugh with the same smile still planted on her face. She liked smiling, it was her favorite expression after all. Lucy plopped down on the sand near enough to the two girls but not close enough so that she was right on top of them, she did like to respect boundaries after all and she wasn't a hundred percent sure if these girls would appreciate her sitting right next to them after only just meeting. "Sooo....what were you guys filming? If you don't mind me asking." She scooted towards them slightly as she asked as if she was going to be getting the newest piece of gossip or something as her signature smile was still on her face. 

tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 6/16/2013, 12:43 am

#15317E
    Aurora watched the girl as she spoke:
    "Yea, luckily you don't have to worry about monsters here. There is a barrier or something, I don't really know. Its not my job to know."
    She smiled. "Yeah. Thanks!" Then the girl spoke again.
    ""Sooo....what were you guys filming? If you don't mind me asking."
    Aurora smiled. "Not at all! We were filming a new mystery movie. I forgot what it was called, but Steven Spielberg was directing it. We're Aurora and Starr Cohen by the way, you probably know us. We co-starred on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody."
    Aurora was aware she was babbling, but she always got this way when around fans or people asking questions.
    communist
    communist
    Honorary Cat

Female
    Number of posts : 3385

Post by communist 6/16/2013, 1:03 am

Genevieve Starr Cohen

during this period of time, starr had not uttered a word. she twirled her cigarette between her long, delicate fingers, her dark eyes observing the girl. even though it was mean, she was wishing that aurora wouldn't babble so much. like, seriously, nobody needed to know their whole life story. she didn't make a remark about it, though, as she didn't want to hurt her sister's feelings. she knew aurora got upset at herself too easily, unlike her, who never seemed to get upset at herself. she took a puff of smoke, waiting for aurora to stop talking.

when her sister had stopped speaking, she piped up, softly, "it was called bloodstains. or something like that, at least." then, shaking her dark hair out of her eyes, she got up and left.

word count: 150 | tags: starr | notes: i mirror posts. :>

Ariel
    Ariel

Female

Post by Ariel 6/21/2013, 2:15 am

Lucy nodded as the one twin talked and talked about the film she was shooting and some television show that she had been on. The rambling was something that Lucy was used to as she seemed to do it all the time herself. She felt bad though as the show she had mentioned was not anything she had every heard of, but she wasn't going to say that. Lucy didn't want to be rude or anything, so instead she just smiled and genuinely tried to look happy about that piece of information. She recognized the name Spielberg though as she had seen quite a bit of movies and Steven Spielberg was known for making plenty of really famous films. Then her sister piped in and said the name of the film. But before Lucy could say anything more the one twin left after either being bored with the conversation or uninterested in being there on the beach anymore. Lucy just watched her walk off and shrugged, and then turned back to the twin that was left. "By the way I'm Lucy Martin, spawn of Morpheus." She waved over to the girl she was talking to with a smile on her face. The water came up towards the shore and the cold hit against Lucy's legs. It felt really nice compared to the warmer weather that they had been getting there at camp lately and although it was getting her jean shorts wet it was worth it.

ooc: Sorry that took me a bit to respond. I wrote out a response like 3 times and lost it each time -.- Anyways there we go, sorry its cruddy I just kind of rage quit writing it for a bit then came back to it.
    tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 6/22/2013, 7:32 pm

Aurora giggled. The girl had a rather poetic way of speaking, and Aurora kind of liked it. See, she was used to people speaking snottily and in a very rude fashion, but that was only because of the roles she played in the movies she was in. But, Aurora didn't get out much; she was always filming. Maybe all people talked this way. She didn't really know. All the people she had met on the set were horrible to her. She spoke.
    "Um, this is gonna sound really creepy and weird, but the way you speak is really..." She searched for the right word. "Nice. I'm used to everyone being snotty and rude."
    Aurora blushed, afraid Lucy would judge her and think she was awkward. Maybe Aurora Cohen's roles were fearless, but the real girl was shy.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Female

Post by Ariel 7/3/2013, 2:52 am

Lucy tilted her head slightly as the girl first said her statement was going to sound creepy. She half expected something extremely creepy to come out of her mouth. Maybe some weird confession that she had been watching her for days, or that she wanted to touch her hair or something like that. But no instead it was a compliment. Normally people just thought Lucy's way of speaking was a little odd, she was usually kind of an odd ball at times and while it was endearing to most, some found her way of speaking to be a little annoying. "Well I'm glad you think I'm nice. I guess I am. I haven't really thought much about it before." Lucy chuckled a little at her own words. Lucy looked out at the ocean in awe, it was such a beautiful sight. The water was so blue and you could see the waves moving in and out as the water tended to always do on that sandy beach. The water pushed up against her legs as she moved them from the side of her to them sitting out in front of her. "It's so pretty. I love being out here, it's one of my favorite places at camp." Lucy glanced sideways at Aurora and smiled then shifted her head back forwards and looking towards the water.

tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 7/7/2013, 11:36 am

"How long have you been here?" Aurora asked. "What's camp like, really?" The soon-to-be-discovered daughter of Loki was aware she was asking too many questions, again, but it was the Mexican girl's nature to ask them. In Aurora;s perspective, you can't change anyone, not emotionally or mentally at least. You can change their hair and inject botox into them but you can't change them. This is kind of why she enjoyed acting. You're changed but it's not real.
    Well, I guess you can be changed, she thought. Peer pressure, right? Moments like these always made Aurora feel at peace, just being actually by herself, locked in her own mind for hours on end. You might think, wow, that's exhausting and horrible and bad but it isn't. It's calming. To Aury, at least.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Female

Post by Ariel 7/12/2013, 2:27 am

Lucy shrugged and then looked over to Aurora as she answered her questions. "Camp is pretty good, I guess. Beats being tossed from foster home to foster home." While it seemed like a sad fact Lucy just said it so nonchalantly and without almost any sort of emotion behind it. That was her childhood after all and she had pretty much gotten over it; it had been such a long time now since those days. "But there is lots of stuff to do here. There is the beach of course, and training stuff if that floats your boat, there is the observatory if you like stars and junk, and basketball courts and stuff. Though you won't see me at any of the sports playing places." Lucy laughed as she joked about her own athletic inability. She didn't have great hand-eye coordination and if a ball flew towards he face her first instinct would be to just shield herself from the impending hit and to cower a little. "Ooh! And there are stables too!" Her voice perked up a little as she said that last thing. She wasn't necessarily a fan of horses or horse type animals but she was more impressed that she thought of it altogether. She pretty much knew everything about the camp, she knew where everything was but she could be a little spacey at times and she had a harder time remembering everything quickly. It must have been her ADD or something, but her focus was never that great and even as she got older it was never something she really grew out of.

Lucy then thought back for a second, trying to count the exact number of years she had been at camp. "I guess its been about 7 years now..." She said a little unsure of the answer at first but as she did the mental math she knew that she was right. She came to camp when she was 10 years old and she was 17 years old now. "Yea...7 years now." She nodded her head in assurance with a smile on her face. "Soooo...you just got here. What's your first impressions of camp so far?" Lucy elongated the 'so' a bit as she asked her question and looked expectantly at Aurora for an answer.
    tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 7/18/2013, 5:51 pm

Aurora nodded. "I get what you mean." Even though she had stayed with Starr and her mother her whole life, her mom was never there for her. Ivory had always been drinking and smoking, and the only time the sisters had been in a foster home was when Ivory tried rehab.
    "Seven years in this-" Aurora was about to say "dump", but maybe that would offend Lucy. Truthfully, it wasn't so much of a dump. The water was nice and blue, and it reminded her of the time she went to Cancun.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Female

Post by Ariel 7/18/2013, 6:24 pm

Lucy just shrugged. She knew what Aurora was going to say, she was going to say what most new campers said and that was a dump or something. Yea, she guessed that some people would see it that way especially if they had family that they had to leave behind or some sort of fancy life that they had before their time at camp. Lucy never saw it that way though, she thought it was finally a stable place to call home after her grandmother's death. But she met plenty of people during her time here and she heard that from almost all of them. "Yea...seven years. I know its hard for me to believe sometimes too." Lucy tilted her head over towards Aurora, leaning it up against her shoulder with her warm smile still on her face. "Camp really isn't as bad as it seems. I know its probably different from everything you knew before but it isn't a terrible place. Plus we have the beach." Lucy tried to be comforting and supportive to the new camper, or at least as comforting and supportive as she knew how to be. She had a feeling it wasn't working too well though.
    tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 7/25/2013, 2:06 pm

Aurora smiled shyly, blood rushing up her cheeks. Ergh, she thought, so not the right thing to say!! Quietly, she listened to the rest of Lucy's statement. She opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it for a second to review what she was going to say. Aury didn't need Lucy to think any worse of her now. Say that camp is nice. Camp is nice. Camp. Is. Nice.

"I guess this place isn't that bad," Aurora said, sounding snarky. "Oh!" she exclaimed, realizing what she had said.

"S-sorry, I sometimes, um, mess up my words, you know?" she babbled. "I didn't mean to offend you or anything!"

"And, uh, yeah. The beach here is really nice." Aurora now put on a big smile. "Much better than some of the other New York beaches." Which was true. When Aurora had been acting in New York, before she had came to camp, during their days off, she and Starr had gone down to the beach. Aurora remembered being disgusted by the murky green water. The Mexico water was much clearer, and bluer, and overall prettier. The beach here at camp was all right, not like Mexico, but okay.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Female

Post by Ariel 8/10/2013, 2:22 am

Lucy could only giggle as Aurora spoke sounding embarrassed and when the rosy tint came onto her face, the daughter of Morpheus couldn't help herself. She didn't mean to sound rude in anyway by laughing a little but she did feel bad that Aurora felt the need to apologize to her for a reason that Lucy didn't feel was necessary. Call it her instincts but the way that Aurora had talked to her so far had indicated that there was some hesitation in what she said as if she was holding back or making some effort to try and say the right thing.

This thought perplexed Lucy a little, she was so used to just saying whatever was on her mind most times but tried to sugar coat it as much as possible. But she was used to people now who also had no problems speaking their minds...and those people usually didn't care if their words hurt Lucy's feelings or not. Plus she was used to new campers by now, and most of them felt confused and lost in the new environment that they had been placed in. Unsure of what they felt and usually a little irritable or just confused. Lucy didn't mind Aurora thinking this place wasn't that great, especially if she used to act and went to probably a numerous amounts of places far more luxurious then Camp Half-blood.

"Don't worry. Sometimes my words don't come out the way I want them to either." Lucy winked playfully towards the girl, "I don't really know how this compares to New York beaches. I never got the chance to see much of the world beyond here." Lucy decided now to stand as she put her hands behind her back and stretched herself out after sitting down. She could feel droplets of water drop down her legs that came from her now wet jean shorts, luckily for her though it was warm out still and so it was more like a welcome cooling feeling instead of an added cause of cold. Soon enough though the sun would set and the temperature would go down. Though there was no guarantee she would go to sleep at that point, she never seemed to sleep.

ooc: SO SO SO sorry it took my forever to post. I feel so horrible! Its like posting on my phone in this topic just never seems to work out, le sigh. Guess its laptop only on this one xD
    tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 8/17/2013, 6:29 pm

ooc- aah didnt know you posted woops!
    bic- Aurora smiled, and opened her mouth to speak, when her phone rang. Hurriedly, she dug into her pocket and slid her finger across the screen to unlock the iPhone and answer the call. "'Sup." It was a hospital. Aurora listened intently then sighed as she pressed "end call". She turned to Lucy. "My mother's in the hospital. I have to run." She was off.
    ooc- ew ending posts- and we should rp again sometimes, i just needed another charrie slot so yup! c:
    Ariel
    Ariel

Female

Post by Ariel 8/22/2013, 3:10 pm

Lucy and Aurora didn't get much more time to speak anymore because as soon as Aurora went to open her mouth to speak a phone rang. Lucy's eyes widened because she hadn't ever really seen a phone on many of the campers, but then again most campers had no other family or anything that they were dying to keep in touch with. Aurora stated that she needed to go and in a flash she was off and running from the beach. Lucy just waved goodbye, knowing better then to ask what was going on as it was none of her business really. Though she did call out to the fleeing girl.

"Hope she is ok!" But it seemed like her words were spoken too little too late. Lucy gave a slight wave just out of habit really as there was no one around her now to see it at all. Lucy looked out to the ocean for a few minutes in silence and as the sun started to set she decided to head towards the camp again. She was now bored just standing there on the pretty much empty beach and went off to find maybe a few of her half siblings or something to keep her company.

Ooc: For sure we should rp again soon. Just let me know

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 10:49 pm