A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

New Kid in the Courtyard

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

New Kid in the Courtyard Empty New Kid in the Courtyard

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2013, 7:29 pm

New Kid in the Courtyard 9b6d29c5-6de1-402a-b3bb-996c3c6c610a_zps71c47c4a

Scott walked out of his cabin for the first time since coming to camp. He looked around at the people in the courtyard. Most of them were wearing the same bright orange shirt a pair of jean shorts. He looked down at his outfit. His pants probably cost more than the cabin that he had just walked out of, not to mention his sweater, tie, shoes, and sunglasses. He rolled his eyes and sat down on the bench of the cabin that was apparently his. Scott pulled out his phone and began to scroll through the stuff on there. He didn't really know anyone at camp and he didn't really care. He kind of just enjoyed watching the poor idiots mope around.

OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female
    Number of posts : 583
    Registration date : 2013-03-19

New Kid in the Courtyard Empty Re: New Kid in the Courtyard

Post by OhMySparkles 6/16/2013, 8:01 pm

Belle came out of her cabin, newly showered and changed from training. She tossed her sword in the air, becoming a dollar bill when it landed, which she stuck into her pocket. Since it was her free period (although she barely kept her schedule) she decided to relax in the sun. Bee brushed back her hair, looking around. Her green eyes fixated on a boy walking onto the courtyard. He looked like he thought he was cool, with sunglasses and a tie. She rolled her eyes, noticing the bench he was sitting on was the only free one in the courtyard. Pulling out her own sunglasses, since the sun was blaxing down, she crossed her arms and sat down hard.

Ooc: Nice pics! I have a pic of belle in my siggy :)
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/16/2013, 9:13 pm

Scott looked over at the girl who sat down next him. She didn't look too much different than the rest of the campers, but she didn't seem as dirty as the rest of the campers. Scott decided he should say something before it got too awkward. "Um.. hey. I'm Scott." He didn't really expect much back, so he looked back down at his phone. He didn't really care if he wasn't supposed to use his phone. He was going to anyway.

OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 6/16/2013, 9:59 pm

Bee looked up suddenly. She rubbed her neck with a frown. The guy on his phoen introduced himself as Scott. She decided she should reply, or it would just be weird. "Call me Bee. Daughter of Plutus." She said that last part out of habit now, really, since people were constantly asking who her parent was, and she figured she better tell. This boy seemed ike a rebel type of boy, maybe even cocky. The rebel sort was her type to hang out with (and there were so few at camp), but you couldn't from looks, so she said, "No electronics at camp. But don't worry, I won't tell." Then, she winked a sneaky wink as Bee pulled out an ipod, searching for her headphones in her pocket. All she pulled out was a dollar and fifty cents, thanks to her power of making money appear. She stuffed it back into her non-magical pocket, and kept looking. Muttering a curse, Bee realized she'd left it back in her cabin, but didn't feel like going to get it. So she just played her music without headphones, listening to a mix she made. She looked over at Scott to see if he cared, although she probably would've kept it on even if he did.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/16/2013, 10:05 pm

Scott didn't even look up when she started her music. He didn't know it, but it didn't sound too bad. Scott wasn't really used to how things go at camp, so when she said her god parent, he decided that he probably should, too. "I'm a son of Tyche." Scott decided to keep the conversation going, since it was already started, and here didn't seem like anything else to do. "Who is Plutus?" Scott asked. People only seemed to focus on god-y stuff here, so he decided that that was a good way to make conversation.  

OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 6/16/2013, 10:21 pm

Bee hummed along to the music, since she was a terrible singer and didn't like to humiliate herself. Looking out at the green leaves and green grass, her favorite color and the color of money, she replied, "God of fortune and wealth..money basically." Bee said all this a bit annoyed, since campers at a greek camp might want to know these things, but let it pass (for this time) since he looked new. A lot of times, you can just tell the new campers from the not.
    Being the nosy girl she was, she tried to peek at his screen, asking "What're you doing?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/16/2013, 10:28 pm

Scott looked at her, locking his phone. "Dealing with some stuff for my dad's bank. I'm the junior adviser for the student branch." Scott really hated the job, to be honest, but he did it to be closer with his dad. He always had his dad's money around, but never really had his dad when he needed him. So, he found a way to be closer to him. Scott started flipping the phone in his hand, because he had nothing else to do with his idle hands. 

OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 6/16/2013, 10:34 pm

"Bank?" Bee raised her eyebrows, smirking slightly. "Arent you a little young to be working at a bank? Wait, lemme guess, doing it for the money? I know I would." After she said this, she put her fingers on the top of his phone, shaking her head, to stop the moving. It was driving her crazy, and she wasnt afraid to touch other peoples things like she did. "When'd you get here?" She also asked, because having nothing else to do, Bee figured she'd better talk since he was here and they already started.

OOC: Gtg for the night! Bye! :)
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/17/2013, 1:55 pm

Scott shook his head. "I'm not in it for the money. I had plenty of that before. I'm in it for the family bonding time." Scott said, putting air quotes around family bonding time. Of course he liked money, but who didn't? Scott just didn't need anymore of it at the time. Scot heard his phone ding and pulled it out. It was a text from his dad telling him that he did a good job on the last report. He quickly responded with a thanks and put his phone away. He was used to texts like that from his dad.

OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 6/17/2013, 5:07 pm

Bee raised her eyebrows and looked at him for a while. Family bonding?  Whatever.  She would never bond with her step-dad, even if someone paid her, which tells a lot, since her prized possession was money.  
    Kicking her $100 boots into the dirt, she questioned, "So, gonna answer my other question? When'd you get here?" To make it clearer this time, she moved her arms around the area they were, meaning the camp.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/17/2013, 5:24 pm

"Oh, sorry." Scott said, looking down, then looking back at her. "I got here a little less than a week ago." Scott said. And I already hate it.Scott added, in his head. No one seemed to be as rich or as informed as him. He couldn't wait until his dad needed him at the bank and he would take him out of there. "How long have you been here?" Scott asked in return.

OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 6/17/2013, 5:47 pm

"Lucky you." She replied, a sarcastic tone creeping into her voice. "You're gonna love it." Bee said with the same voice, chuckling to herself, because she new it wasn't true.  "Been in this dump for two years. Nothing decent here." Maybe, if they had a game room or a party room or anything, where people like her could bet and actually have fun, then it would be a little better. She thought this, but didn't say it out loud.

If only there were people like her to hang out with here. Her attitude scared people off, but she kept it going, maybe as a self-defense sort of thing, maybe just because she'd had it for so long.  Nobody knew.  Nobody would try to befriend her, either.  It got lonely sometimes, but it was the style she chose.

Bee sighed, watching Scott closely for how he'd comment to that.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/19/2013, 5:01 pm

Scott laughed a little when she was as sarcastic as she was. Scott wasn't looking forward to being at camp for long. His dad "promised" that he would be out soon, but he didn't really believe it. His dad rarely kept any of the promises that he made to him. "I'm not really excited to be here, to be honest." Scott said. He doubted that she even cared, but she said it anyway.

OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 6/20/2013, 5:24 pm

"Me either." Bee said flatly. She sighed, the bright sun making a darker pigment creep up her already tan skin. Adjusting her sunglasses, she was about to say something else, presumably another witty comment, when Bee remembered something.

"Oh c***." She muttered, briefly looking onto Scott's phone to check the time. She had a cabin activity, and normally Bee couldn't care less about it, but this time they threatened to put her on food and rating the cabin's duty. Cooking? Yeah right. Looking into people's messed up, dirty cabin's? No way. You wouldn't think this of her, but Bee liked things neat.

"Well, gotta go. Find me sometime. Maybe. Whatever." She called over her shoulder, sprinting across the courtyard.

OOC: Maybe when I come back from my temporary leave, we can do another rp! :) See ya

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 11:42 pm