A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Magic in the Courtyard

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 25815
    Registration date : 2010-01-10

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Empty Re: Magic in the Courtyard

Post by Haiden 6/30/2013, 8:20 pm

Marisol was relieved to know that he had gotten what she meant about the airport and New York. At least it didn't sound stupid. "Oh, so you are cocky then?" Marisol asked jokingly with a laugh. Darren's laugh was somewhat contagious or something because whenever he laughed, she couldn't help but laugh as well. "Because if a lot of people have said that before..then it must be true, right?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/30/2013, 8:30 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Tumblr_m2adhzkcIu1r97xiu1

Darren laughed again. Stop laughing. You look like an idiot. Darren stopped laughing and smiled. "In this case, I would say its kind of true. But, you've got to watch out. Not everything people say is true." Darren said, aloofly. He leaned back a little bit. He looked off, looking cool. He was used to acting like he wasn't freaking out a little bit on the inside.

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 7/1/2013, 9:46 am

Marisol smiled and nodded in understanding. "Yep. Some people are just big fat liars." She sat criss-crossed on the bench now, crossing her arms across her chest. "However, aren't magicians sorta like liars? They are tricking an audience after all." She asked him, a bit curious to what his response would be from a magicians point of view. The question had sparked into her mind once he pointed out that not everything that people said was true, but she didn't bother to realize that it might of been an offensive question or not depending on how someone could take it.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/1/2013, 7:19 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Tumblr_ma861eK76w1reox6co1_500

Darren leaned back, and leaned his elbows back on the bench. There it was. The accusation about magicians. Normally, it sounded meaner. Coming from Marisol, it truly seemed like she just wanted his opinion. "Here's how I see it. Magic is a form of deception, but not deception meant to harm, but meant to entertain." Darren looked a while. He knew sometimes he used it for negative reasons. He made a note in the back of his mind to try and stop that. At least while he was at camp.

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 7/1/2013, 11:28 pm

Marisol nodded as he spoke, kinda getting what he meant. She could see that. Magic was very entertaining, at least in Marisol's mind. "Well, that's a good answer." She told him with a small smile, however she could see a sudden change in his countenance. Was that an offensive question, maybe? Oh gods, she hoped not. Her smile faded and she stayed quiet for a moment before responding. "Sorry if that question might of been a bit too..." she paused. "..harsh."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/2/2013, 2:00 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Tumblr_m3nl0ksXFY1r2s9avo1_500

Darren laughed and leaned his head back a little bit. You look stupid. Again. Darren looked down. "No. Not at all. Most of the time, people are really rude about it, but you weren't." Darren looked at her and smiled. He looked back down. He couldn't really tell what Marisol thought of him, and that made him nervous. Darren pulled out his cards and began shuffling the cards again.

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 7/8/2013, 7:36 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Tumblr_m6ntl3x2ob1rsznp2

Marisol sighed in relief. She was glad that he didn't take it that way, or else she would of felt so bad about it. As she watched him shuffle the cards once again, she smiled and looked back up at him. "Could you teach me a trick, sometime? I know magicians aren't supposed to spill their "secrets" behind the trick, but I would seriously like to know. You don't know how frustrated 6 year old me got whenever I couldn't get how a magician at a carnival made a rabbit come out of a hat." She laughed at the memory, remembering her scrunched up face at the disappointment of realizing the impossible.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/8/2013, 7:48 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Tumblr_mp0e27Muks1qhuv7eo1_500

Darren looked at her. "I don't know if I still know any simple tricks. I kind of ditched them a while ago. Darren felt kind of cocky and rude. He started racking his brain to think of a good trick. Darren thought of one, and looked at her with a smile. "I think I might have one." Darren handed her the deck, pulling two more identical out of his coat. He took one pack out of its holder, and then took tow cards out of the other deck. The 2 of spades and the 6 of diamonds. He handed her the 2 of spades. "Don't mix that in with the others." 

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 7/8/2013, 8:04 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Tumblr_mgqxl85zgc1ri65lho1_500

Marisol looked down in disappointment once he told her he 'ditched' them a while ago, but looked up in anticipation at him as he seemed to think of one. She didn't know why, but she felt that she was somewhat too excited for this. Marisol contained her excitement though, biting her lip to prevent herself from smiling like an idiot. She took the deck from him and watched as he took two more out. As she handed her the 2 of spades she nodded and followed his orders. "Right. Okay. Don't mix that in with the others. Alright. I got it."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/8/2013, 8:20 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Tumblr_m9va2n9YtU1ret7hho1_r1_500

Darren smiled, trying to think of the right way to do the trick. "Okay, so first, find the 2 of spades in the full deck and put it somewhere towards the middle of deck." Darren watched as she did that. "Okay. Now right towards the back of the deck, put your thumb nail underneath that card. Then, flip through the cards stopping briefly on that card. Ask the observer to pick a card they seen in the deck as you flip through it." Darren showed her what he meant. "The observer will notice that card, because it is there longer. Then shuffle the cards. Keeping the other 2 of spades in your palm. After you shuffle, place that card on top and flip it over. It will be the persons card." Darren smiled at her.

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 7/8/2013, 8:51 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 VanessaGifs-vanessa-anne-hudgens-27942227-500-213

Marisol slowly did what Darren instructed and finally got what he meant. The more you know. "..Woah. Woah! Okay! I get it now, I get it!" she felt like a kid who had just opened the best christmas gift in the world. "Can I test it on you? Just so I know that I did it right?" She turned her body so that she was sitting down on the bench criss crossed and facing him. Marisol held the cards excitedly in her hands and shuffled (or at least tried) them in her hands. "Pretend I came up to you and asked 'Would you like to see a trick, sir?', alright?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/9/2013, 4:36 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Tumblr_mbr19iJQMZ1qkdght

Darren laughed as he watched Marisol try to figure out the trick. Finally, she seemed to understand what he was telling her to do. When she asked the question, he laughed a little bit and responded, "I most certainly would, ma'am." He said it with a fake, arrogant, sarcastic tone. He watched and waited to see if she would be able to do the trick right.

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 7/9/2013, 6:03 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 T16047-woah-look-at-all-these-cupcakes#1124370

"Well then you're in for a treat, because I have a magnificent trick to show you!" Marisol told him in a theatrical tone, holding up the deck of cards in front of him with a grin. "Now, I'm going to flip through these cards very quickly and I want you to choose and remember a card that you see. Alright?" She stuck her thumbnail underneath the 2 of spades and began to flip through them. Once she stopped, she looked up at him with a smile. "Do you remember your card?" She asked him, feeling a bit silly that she was doing this, but at the same time was having a lot of fun.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/10/2013, 6:01 pm

Magic in the Courtyard - Page 2 Tumblr_m7catwqImd1rq9ghh

Darren sighed and shook his head. "You stayed on it for a little too long. That's too obvious. Anyway I know what card I'm supposed to be looking at. Pick another one out of this deck and do it with that card." Darren tossed her the deck that he'd gotten the extra 2 of spades out of and waited for her to get re-situated. Darren liked how happy she looked while doing the trick.

After a while, Darren left.

ooc: I wanted to clear up some of my characters but if you want to continue sometime lemme know

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 3:01 pm