A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Food Brings People Together

JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female
    Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Food Brings People Together Empty Food Brings People Together

Post by JosieWosie 7/14/2013, 11:01 am

Still aggravated at the morning prior, Cass found her way to the Mess Hall for some lunch. It was noon and the sun was beating high over the camp; had it not been for the camp borders that keep the weather good the camp would be melting by now. She took her seat, normally campers were only allowed to sit with those of their cabin but they had some picnic tables not too astray from the dining pavilion. She took a goblet and a wood nymph gave her some BBQ a ripe green apple, a cup of strawberries, and of course some cheese with fresh bread; it's what campers have most every lunch.

Cass took her things over to a small picnic table that overlooked the sea; it wasn't as nice a view as eating within the mess hall but it was quaint and you could see the details of the dining pavillion. No walls, or roof, just a bunch of columns that separate the area off as the mess hall. The fire that the campers would tribute some food at the end of the day was low during daylight hours; and the torches were almost unnoticeable to Cassandra had they not flickered about and caught her attention.

She looked down at her plate in contempt, feeling a little less than hungry, but knew she had to eat something. She took a bite of cheese and bread and picked up her empty goblet. "Umm, sparkling water.. please?" Still rather unused to talking to a cup to get something to drink, Cass glanced around to make sure no one heard her questioning tone. It had been a good amount of weeks, you would think she would be used to camp life by now, but she wasn't.

The sounds of campers running around to get to the mess hall was somewhat comforting, it was almost funny to her. You'll get there kiddos no need to run; not like the food is that great. It was true, the food it was good, and healthy, but she missed the masses of junk food she had back home and would kill for a bag of chips. She looked up at the waters and saw the sea twinkle the reflection of the sun as she finished up her cup of water and set it down. Almost instantly it refilled itself and Cass took another sip, spilling a little on her clothes.

Cass was wearing a black leather jacket that covered her deep red shirt along with a good pair of jeans and her dusty glove on her not yet healed right hand. Thankfully the water spilled mostly on her jacket which, being made of leather would just slough off easily; hardly a hinderance to Cass. She looked around the campgrounds, and saw a younger boy no older than 16 walk around, he wasn't rushing like the other children, though she couldn't tell if he was even headed to the mess hall. Not wanting to be rude she ceased staring and returned her attention to the sea at her side.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male
    Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2013-04-26

Food Brings People Together Empty Re: Food Brings People Together

Post by DannyBoi 7/14/2013, 11:17 am

Dylan was nervous. He hadn't really done anything since he came a few days ago. He tried almost everything to get to know people and make friends, but it wasn't easy. His dad, Cratus, was only known by a video game. This would be fine with Dylan, except the fact that his dad isn't the god of war, he's the god of power. Spiderman put Dylan's life in a popular quote. "With great power comes great responsibility"/." That's all that Dylan has had, responsibility. He was responsible for protecting his mom from monsters, responsible for being social when he really wasn't used to it, and he was responsible for living up to his father's name. All of this was nerve racking, and lunch seemed like a good way to ease himself.

He grabbed his food, his cup, and went to sit at the picnic tables outside the mess hall. He didn't like to sit with his siblings, they were a bit like the ares cabin; wild, war crazed, and barbaric. He saw a girl sitting by herself and decided to sit with her. He sat down and said hi.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/14/2013, 11:37 am

Food Brings People Together Tumblr_m530lgm7Ik1qbp7ebo1_500

Cass perked her head up on the instant and held back a gasp. Geeze, where did this kid come from? She gave a quick look down on the boy before her. It was the same camper that she had saw coming in, only now he too had a plate and a goblet. "Oh, Hey, not many people can sneak up on me the way you just did" Cass pressed her lips and noticed the features on the boy; he had dark black hair and in the middle of the day gave a sleek shine at the top of his roots, his eyes were clearly brown and he had a tan. Cass had a hard time determining what to think of the boy; she didn't feel threatened, not like that lunatic from the woods last night; but she knew she wasn't too open in any case.

Not one for small talk Cass wondered what the boy was doing next to her other than eating; shouldn't kids his age have a ton of friends or something? She realized that the boy looked eerily like a kid in he former neighborhood, he was one of those kids who rode dirt bikes around the areas of undeveloped land and he had sold some boy scout fundraiser things to Cass; she always gave the boy scouts or girl scouts an extra five for their cause. She never joined, but she admired the spirit in the kids that did, she was too busy in the woods on her own time.

Cass looked over at the boy again, not wanting to seem weird she did so in small glances before speaking up again. "Hey kid, why aren't you sitting-" she looked over at the dining pavillion, she wanted to say "inside" but, it's hardly a building and she paused to think of a better way to phrase what she meant. "with your cabin mates in the- pavillion thing" She kept her lips pursed until her dimple showed and waited for his response. Man, am I really as awkward as that sounded?
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 7/14/2013, 1:18 pm

Dylan looked at her. Well, they aren't really my type of crowd, he said. I'm more calm and I don't launch my food off my plate like they're catapults. The girl looked like someone Dylan would hang out with. She didn't go heavy on the make-up like the Aphrodite cabin, nor did she look shabby. She had a leather jacket on which puzzled Dylan. Why would she have that on in what felt like 90 degree weather. What's with the jacket?
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/14/2013, 1:41 pm

Cass laughed for the first time in a while at such statement. She took a deep breath after her moment and smiled gently. "Ha, yea there are a few tables in that room that are fond of catapults" Cass smiled referring to the Hermes, Ares, and occasionally Hephaestus kids; their catapults were almost dangerous. "I don't get hot easily. I like the warmth. It's just something I've grown up knowing. Also the jacket is kinda my thing, I have a brown one, and another black one back at my bunk." Cass appreciated that the boy had skipped the small talk and asked something that was on his mind.

Playing with her goblet she swirled the water around the cup and watched it refill itself for the third time; she sometimes drank it all just to watch it refill, even though it made her go to the bathroom almost right after if she did it too often. Finishing her meal a wood nymph came up and took her plate; she figured they only came if you ate inside the pavillion but I guess they go where ever they see an empty plate. "Thank you" Cass nodded to the nymph as she walked away with the plate. Turning her attention back to the boy she figured it would be acceptable to get his name, she could get fond of him easily.

"What's your name kid?" Cass tilted her head slightly to the side in a questioning manner. She realized how young the boy was; He can't be as old as I am, he looks as young as 15 but not old enough to be 16. Cass was now eighteen and soon nineteen, she wondered how others can be so young and be at the same camp. She was always protected by the estate of her adoptive family and never really feared many monsters during her life. With that life long gone, Cass had connected most of her incidents had been monsters hidden by something they called the Mist and she grew weary of most things outside of camp. Knowing that she was very conservative with what she tells other people Cass wouldn't dare ask another person their story, they would want her to reciprocate and she didn't want to be rude and refuse.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 7/14/2013, 2:57 pm

Dylan, and yours? he said. He then noticed that her cup that was almost empty was full again, and with soda. Where'd you get the soda? He was trying to figure out how everyone had soda while he was drinking lake water. He didn't even know that only part of your food was thrown in the fire. He felt really new and lost in the camp, and didn't want to ask for help.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/14/2013, 3:17 pm

Food Brings People Together Tumblr_m6t5zbIGmL1qlv12zo4_250

Dylan. Sounds normal enough. "Huh? oh it's not soda, it's just sparkling water, and well, it's kinda weird, the goblets are enchanted you see. They fill up with whatever you want at the moment, I just tell it what I want verbally but I'm not sure if it works just by thinking it. Watch-" Cass chugged her cup but before it refilled itself she set it down and spoke. "Umm, Dr. Pepper I guess." Before her, the goblet gave a gentle shake and a dark caramel color liquid arose from the bottom. She took a sip and rose her glass up slightly to prove her point.

"That's about all there is too it, as for the food, at night we give some offerings to some gods and they keep us safe or something; I've never been too fond of sharing food but they take it seriously here. I've only been here for a few weeks and I'm expected to believe in hundreds of gods when I found difficulty believing in one. But, it's whatever, that's life, one day you're at home the next you're in a camp filled with demi-gods" Cass looked up at Dylan a little seriously and pressed her lips tight while smiling.

Cassandra found it odd that only a few weeks ago a cabin leader had explained all these things to her and now she was explaining it to someone else. The sun started beating down a little harder as the hours shifted to the heavy afternoon. The camp started to have a shade of orangey glow to it. Cass enjoyed the warmth, never seeming to actually get hot and glanced up at the sun for a short moment; not wanting to go blind. She took a sigh, realizing she was going to waste the day away just loafing around, she would have Monster Assault Techniques with the Hermes cabin around 1 or 2 but wasn't sure if she would attend or not.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 7/14/2013, 4:30 pm

Dylan was happy that there was someone that could help him. He looked at his empty cup and said Let me try. He thought about what he wanted, then it came to him. The one drink that he and his mom would always share on those warm summer days by the pool. The drink he thought he would never have and be safe. His most favorite drink... Chocolate chip mint smoothie. And there it happened. The thick green smoothie started to fill to the top. Here and there chunks of chocolate bars would come in and add to the delight he had. He grabbed a spoon, took a little off the top, and swallowed it. It was like he was drinking it with his mom again. That's amazing. I need this cup for life. He then looked at the girl next to him. I still didn't catch your name.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/14/2013, 9:50 pm

Cassandra watched Dylan ask for a mint chocolate chip smoothie; for one that's pretty creative, we can't have hard liquor but no one said anything about milkshakes or smoothies, Ha. Smart kid. Cass puffed more air from her mouth as usual,the way she did when she saw something funny on the internet as opposed to actually laughing. "Wow, never would have thought about a milkshake, I always figured it was just sodas and thin drinks; creative." Cass grew some respect for the adolescent boy and nodded gently as she smiled. "Yea, well unfortunately we can't take these to the cabins or anywhere outside of the pavillion; trust me I've seen the Hermes cabin try."

"I still didn't catch your name." Cass heard Dylan comment and she froze for a moment; out of habit. She didn't like telling people about herself, it was just something she didn't do; however she didn't feel threatened in anyway by Dylan; he was just a growing kid. "Cassandra. Merrick. Call me Cass though would you?". Cass spared a glance to Dylan as she spoke taking note of his brown eyes, they almost looked like chestnuts from the shade of brown. A soft breeze passed by, as they occasionally do to prevent the camp from being still and hot. Gah, my hair always messes up with these breezes. Bothered, she crinkled her nose slightly as she habitually ran her fingers through her hair in an attempt to straighten it out a bit before giving up and tossing it all back behind her shoulders; her wavy tassels reached a bit after her shoulder blades.

The luncheon hour seemed to be up and campers looked to be leaving the pavillion to move on with their schedules for the day. Cass was eighteen, she could get away with skipping some activities, it was looked down upon, but she didn't mind. This kid though, he needs to train or something I'm sure. Inquisitively Cass leaned forward slightly to Dylan and asked: "Kid, I mean, Dylan-" Cass didn't want to be disrespectful and keep calling him 'Kid' "- don't you have a schedule with the rest of your cabin? It's almost one, most cabins have a monster techniques class today with the Hermes cabin." That's what Cassandra had at least, but she knew if she wanted she could just go into the forest on her own and get the same experience only, solo and without safety nets.  Real life doesn't have safety nets.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 7/15/2013, 12:24 am

Uhm... I dont think I have a schedule. As long as I look busy, I think I'm good. He definitely didn't know what to do. He wanted to do archery, but the Apollo cabin was hogging the range. Then he wanted to try horseback riding, but the Aphrodite cabin were using the horses for profile pictures. The rock wall wasn't an option, so he decided to follow Cass. After all, she seemed like she knew her way around. Hey, can I follow you? I mean, with the Hermes cabin. I don't want to spar with the rest of my siblings, I think I'll end up in the infirmary. He really did fear those kids. Always pulling pranks on him in his sleep, taking how breakfast, (why would they do that?) and embarrassing him. It wasn't cool, and he didn't like it. And about the smoothie, thanks. I always like to stand out. I want to be famous, he paused, but not infamous.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/15/2013, 10:59 am

Cass thought for a moment as Dylan spoke. She knew she wasn't going to follow her Egyptian cabinmates to the Hermes taught Monster class; she could learn on her own. This was different, she'd be responsible for another person, aside from that, Cass was a hard head about respect and self value, she always believed that if you want something you have to work for it. While Cass didn't like the sound of Dylan being bullied, in fact she crinkled her nose in annoyance at the idea of it, she knew that if he was ever going to be happy at camp he'd have to learn to get along with them at some point. The young woman sighed gently before speaking. "Dylan have you tried to get along with your cabin? I don't know how long you plan on staying but since you're relatively new you might want to consider making some friends there" As if she was one to speak, Cass didn't have friends in her cabin yet, she hardly knew them at all to be frank.

Cass smiled when she heard Dylan wanted fame, she thought it was a juvenile goal, not unachievable, but juvenile, like how she wanted to be a famous rock star as a child. At least he knows what he wants in life. "How long have you been at camp? Do you have a weapon yet? How much experience do you have hunting, or at least staying alive. If you're going with me you're going prepared and with armour and everything, it's not safe and I won't be going with the class. Let's just say I prefer a more, hands on experience" Cass smiled at her near sarcasm; hands on experience, ha, sure if you call going into the dark forest alone hands on. She had to admit though, it was dangerous but she came prepared and knew what she was doing. Knowing she wouldn't be headed anywhere near the southern part of the Dark Forest where she had gotten tangled with some lunatic camper she figured if she took Dylan on a "field trip" it would be the northern forest where smaller hellhounds can make great practice.

A little protective over the black haired boy before her she didn't want to risk him harm if he couldn't hold on his own, but that's why it was important to get some serious experience, the camp was good for technique but it means nothing in the world outside of camp if you don't fine tune your skills. She looked at Dylan quizzically as she interrogated him, if anything he could run to the armoury and pick up some gear there. Besides, the moment it proves too much for one day we'll leave and then just come back another day. Looking down at her bracelets she counted up how many arrow charms were left; eleven. She ran a finger under the charms and noticed the four the empty spaces of where her arrows would be. I need to refill those spots at the forge before leaving anyway. Her bracelet twinkled in the high rays of the sun and the reusable charms blew around and tapped each other gently, making a soft chime sound. Her bracelet was pure silver, it had five slots for main, slightly larger, charms; a quiver, her compound bow, her recurve bow, her dagger, and an empty slot for where her crossbow would be had that wretch of a human being not taken it from her last night in the southern forest. Separating each main charm would be three smaller arrow shaped charms with celestial bronze tips; each arrow, as with the other charms would return to her wrist after being shot, only once, unless broken before the enchantment wore off and she would have to refill her charms.

Cassandra smiled at wrist for a moment and figured she could keep the younger camper safe for a while, but she also figured he could take care of himself; Dylan didn't seem incompetent, just young and inexperienced.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 7/15/2013, 12:31 pm

Oh no, I've tried to get along with my 'cabin buddies,' but they're only interested in seeing who's the strongest, fastest, or the most disturbed of the group. Me, I'm stronger than I look. On top of that, He paused, looked behind his shoulder, leaned in, and whispered I'm smarter than all those kids put together. If anyone from his cabin heard that, he would be sleeping with a bucket of nectar and ambrosia that night. I have armor and a weapon. I think it was mandatory to stay alive in that cabin, but I would like to get something done. he said. But, what did you mean by 'hands on experience'?He didn't want to hear anything like 'Oh, you know, hunting down a chimera in the woods. Nothing big.' Nothing big. Those two words could get him killed anywhere.

'Let's jump the gorge, it's nothing big.'
    'Let's go to the rock wall that spews lava, it's nothing big.'
    'Let's take that gorgon on, it's nothing big.'

Yea, usually when someone says 'it's nothing big' to Dylan, he ends up almost dying.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/15/2013, 1:51 pm

Cass smiled, it sounded like his cabin mates were not that great to be around. Chuckling at the comment Dylan said about the intelligence of his cabin mates Cass shook her head; still debating if it was a good idea to take him with her. Hearing he had armour and a weapon made her feel a little better about taking Dylan along until he asked what hands on experience she was referring to. "Hmm." Cass hinted at a half grin as she contemplated to herself quietly.

"A few older campers, mostly during their free hours just head out to the woods to do some hands on work with the monsters. We just go out and hunt for a while, one thing is textbook work or hunting in a controlled environment  with a bunch of other campers; another is to go out on your own." Cass spoke rather quietly, typically it would be the older campers, sometimes the mentors who got bored, that went out of their schedules way and did this. On the bright side if he got better at hunting with me and he shows up at class one day the rest of his cabin would be impressed and get off his back a bit.

Cassandra wasn't too fond of having someone along with her when she trained, but there are at least four good hours of daylight to work with and it wouldn't be as dangerous as normal in the northern woods. Sighing deeply, still a little wary she figured if Dylan was to do this it should be with an adult and not alone. Besides, it's not like he'll just let the hellhounds eat him, he'd put up a fight. She habitually formed a small fist while she thought and nearly jumped from the pain, her right hand hadn't yet healed fully from last night's encounter and while her brown glove seemed to protect it she needed to lay off the hard work for a day or two. Which means soft training in the woods would be acceptable.

"If you're really up for it, you can come with me to the northern woods, you'll learn more with experience than with a bunch of other campers with caged monsters. But I have to make a quick stop first, if you do want to do we'd have to meet up at the entrance to the woods in like fifteen minutes."
    Cass spoke with direction and confidence, she didn't plan on telling him what to do once they arrived, she believed that if someone got themselves in a mess they should be able to get themselves out of it, but she wouldn't let him die, that's for sure.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 7/15/2013, 2:55 pm

Did she say what I think she said? I'm actually doing something with someone. This is going to be awesome. Dylan thought. At last, something to get away from his brothers and sisters. Sometimes, he wished he weren't related to them. Alright, I'll stop by my bunker and grab my stuff.He said.

ooc: should we transfer this to the woods?
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/15/2013, 3:12 pm

ooc: Yea that sounds fine. I'll pm link in a bit.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 7/15/2013, 3:17 pm

Ooc: k then

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 4:55 am