A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

5 posters

Sebastian Taylor - Athena

Stormageddon
    Stormageddon

Female
    Number of posts : 732
    Registration date : 2011-07-21

Sebastian Taylor - Athena Empty Sebastian Taylor - Athena

Post by Stormageddon 7/16/2013, 12:55 am

Name: Sebastian Taylor

Eyes: Bluish hazel eyes

Hair: Black mop top; straight

Height: 5’ 11’’

Body Type: Skinny but with muscles

Skin Color: Pale

God Parent: Athena

Mortal Parent: Joseph Taylor

Country of Origin: Great Britain

Pets: Dog named Tobias

Talents: Observation, horseback riding, analysis, can play violin, writing, science, deduction

Weapon**: Staff with a raven figurine at the top made of black marble but lightweight

Flaws: rude, pyromaniac, has manic depression in the form of bipolar I, proud

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): none

Life before CHB*: Sebastian lived just out of London for most of his childhood, going to an all boys school until he got expelled at age eleven for setting the second floor on fire. He then got sent to a preparatory in Cardiff, Wales. The teachers in both of his schools thought him as ignorant and intolerable. He made comments in class, correcting their teachings and even walking out of Astronomy class, ranting that it was a bird course. Sebastian has a heavy appreciation for Albert Einstein. In the middle of Year Nine, Sebastian got into a fight with a young lad who was testing his knowledge. He pushed the boy down a flight of stairs and, in turn, got expelled... Again. His exhausted father then sent him to America, to learn at a Maths and Science academy. Sebastian ran away from school and followed a satyr to Camp Half-Blood, relieved to find more people like him and siblings! He has been there ever since.

RP Example*: Sebastian stood by the campfire, staring into the flames. He watched as the embers flickered and then were gone, only to be relit once more. He had an uncontrollable urge to throw something into the flames to see if it would explode. He picked up a sword leaning against a bale of straw and got closer to the fire and attempted to stick it into the wood, burning.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” said a voice from behind.
    Sebastian turned around to see a girl, hanging out in the shadows. “And why not?” He asked quizzically.

“That’s not yours. You don’t know what powers it possesses.” The girl pointed to the sword.

Sebastian took a good look at the sword. There were scratches on the handle but not on the blade itself. Its blade clearly wasn’t made sloppily and contained more than celestial bronze. It didn’t shine gold. It shined silver. The double sided edges grew colder when he touched them. His deduction was complete.

“The sword has been make quite a long while ago, judging by the iron handle. No one makes iron handles anymore. It has often been used in intense battle because of the scratches on the handle, Spartan warfare, maybe. The blade itself is unscratched and lightweight, probably used by a person of 120 pounds. This person doesn't wear much armor or the blade would be heavier. It is double sided, so they would probably be using an ancient style of fighting. The maker was clearly Greek because of the maker’s markings, a god maybe. It must have a different metal bonded with celestial bronze to give it its silver shine. Chrome maybe? The metal grows ice cold when near human flesh or any flesh actually. It must have freezing capabilities. I suspect the owner is a daughter of one of the weather deities, Khione, most likely. And the owner is standing right there... Am I correct?” He pointed the sword to the girl and smiled.

A face of surprise crossed the girl’s face but it slowly vanished. “That’s exactly right. That sword is a gift from Hephaestus to my mother, Khione. It can make snow appear on any day with a swing. Mom gave it to me for my fifteenth birthday.”
    Sebastian smiled and gave back the blade. He strolled away, remarking how simple that deduction was.

Any notes about your characters: He doesn’t make friends easily and always carries a laptop with him

Last edited by Stormageddon on 8/8/2013, 6:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

Sebastian Taylor - Athena Empty Re: Sebastian Taylor - Athena

Post by Josh 7/16/2013, 4:57 am

I don't understand this identifying metal talent.
    How does he do it?
    Cause I could understand recognising some metals, but others would need chemical tests to determine, and thats without considering alloys.
    Plus, going by the RP example, how can he determine it's a girl? A guy could use a lightweight blade too.
    And the aging, that makes less sense too...

And the eye colour, that doesn't really work either

Any stringed instrument?
    So, he can play not only violin, but a gunjac? Sarinda? Igil? All those sort of less commonly seen instruments?
    Stormageddon
    Stormageddon

Female
    Number of posts : 732
    Registration date : 2011-07-21

Sebastian Taylor - Athena Empty Re: Sebastian Taylor - Athena

Post by Stormageddon 7/16/2013, 4:36 pm

There. I changed some stuff.
    nix
    nix
    Sugar Daddy

Male