A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Volleyball Watching

The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Volleyball Watching Empty Volleyball Watching

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/2/2013, 12:29 am

Myka watched with high interest as the satyrs and Apollo kids went back and forth, hitting the ball over the net. She wondered how they didn't drown from the sweat pooling off of their foreheads, and, how it was fair that the satyrs were allowed to jump so high, practically spiking the ball. She could hear the shouts and groans from the mixture of boys and girls, even over the music that was draining into her ears from her earbuds. She was listening to The Bird and the Worm by The Used in the highest volume, but yet the campers and satyrs topped it. She came to admire the teamwork and energy that each side was putting into the game. She certainly knew that the only time her cabin put spirit like that into something was when they were playing capture the flag. And even then, everyone seemed independent. And then she was zoning out, dreaming about how she would play volleyball. She imagined herself hitting the ball over the net, and scoring her team a point when it hit the ground. This is what she called her 'Never Will' dreams. When she daydreamed about something that never will happen, but she liked to think about it. Finally, she pulled herself out the trance when the ball hit a campers head and a fight broke out. Smiling,  she turned off the music to listen to the argument, and wished she had some popcorn.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Volleyball Watching Empty Re: Volleyball Watching

Post by Ryger17 9/2/2013, 12:53 am

Eric was outside asleep under a tree next to the volleyball courts. He started off watching the game but quickly got bored. The Apollo kids were too naturally gifted and the satyrs had some hops. He liked watching good games, but one team had to win at some point.

Shouting kicked him out off his lite nap. He groggily sat up and looked around. His green eyes locked on the campers arguing with the satyrs. Eric sighed and got to his feet. He walked over to the court and broke apart two fighters.

"What's going on here?" His deep voice asked, his eyes staring down each one of them in turn.

One camper, who had a red mark on his forehead, stepped forward and said, "They hit me in the head with the volleyball."

"Well, was it on purpose?" Eric asked standing over the kid. He was much taller and of much bigger build too.

The kid backed down, "I don't think so."

"Then play on. There is no reason to fight." The campers and satyrs murmured then went back to their start a game.

Eric sighed then walked over to his tree again. He sat down and watched the game resume. Why couldn't they just play without having to argue? They interrupted his nap.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/2/2013, 1:04 am

Myka had put her headphones back into her ears by the time the middle of the argument had come. She wasnt listening- no, these kids weren't very good at insults- but she was watching their body motions. That's when a kid came over. Myka hadn't seem him before- she had a game to watch. But when he went over to the court, all of her attention went to him. He was cute- for one thing. And he seemed to tour over a lot of the campers. He quickly told the players to stop, and went back to a tree, Myka's eyes following his every move. It was obvious he hasn't seen her at all. Myka badly wanted to talk to him- she wanted to talk to anyone, really. It wasn't until she started watching these games when she realized how lonely she was. It was time for her to be social. 'What the Hades do I have to lose?' She thought, and grabbing her black- leather backpack, she started over to the tall boy.

Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/2/2013, 10:32 pm

Eric reached up and stretched his arms above his head. The game had resumed it's boring back and forth of equal skill. He was just about to leave when his eyes saw a dark haired girl moving in his direction. He didn't recognize the girl, a new experience for him, so he smiled and waved at her. She was wearing a leather jacket, jeans, and a band he didn't recognize t-shirt. She was pretty no doubt.

As the girl continued walking, Eric tried figuring out who her godly parent was. Black haired, that ruled out Aphrodite or at least the girls he knew, they all had blonde or brown hair. Black hair and green eyes, maybe a minor sea god.

When she got within 10 feet Eric stayed seated and smiled again, "Hello. Enjoying the game?"
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/2/2013, 10:37 pm

Myka smiled at the boy. Up close she could see his tattoo on his shoulder, the black ink peering through his sleeveless shirt. "It's alright," she said once she reached him. "Not the most exciting I've seen, though. And you?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/2/2013, 11:01 pm

"It is actually so good it's boring," Eric said. "Why don't you sit down?" He slide over to give her part of the tree where she could still watch the game. "I'm Eric Miller, by the way. Son of Cratus."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/2/2013, 11:06 pm

Myka sat down next to him, and held out her hand. "Myka Camo, Daughter of Ares." Suddenly she was self- conscious. What if he saw her bruises? Would he think they were just from her being a demigod- or something more. 'Of course' she told herself. But really, she wasnt so sure.

Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/2/2013, 11:09 pm

Eric shook her hand and noticed a small change in her eyes, like self doubt. He had dealt with plenty of that hand decided not to ask, "Did you come out here to play or just to watch?"
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/2/2013, 11:17 pm

"To watch," she answered. "Demigod or not, I could never keep up with them. And what about you? Do you stick around to help break up the fights?" She joked, rubbing the tail of her snake tattoo without realizing it.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/2/2013, 11:23 pm

Eric rubbed his eyes, "I usually play with them but lately they have been doing stupid things like fighting. Nice tattoo by the way." He nodded at her arm. "I'm more of the sport guy. Used to be starting varsity linebacker before I had to come to camp."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/2/2013, 11:31 pm

Myka smiled at his compliment. "Football, huh? That's pretty cool. I can totally imagine you playing it." She took out an elastic from her jacket pocket and began tying up her hair. "I'm more of a music person. Guitars and pianos. Doesn't really help my popularity in cabin 5, though." She said, and smiled lightly at the memory of her cabin mates finding out about how their new sibling had the hobbies of a weak Apollo kid. "I don't really mind it, though. At least they leave me be."
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/2/2013, 11:36 pm

Eric kept his smile as she talked to him, "Who cares what others think about you. Just do what makes you happy."He stretched his back. "Why care what the other Ares kids think? Their loss, I find music to be quite interesting."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/2/2013, 11:44 pm

Myka's face lit up. She pinched herself to try to keep from smiling too big. "Thats the motto, isn't it?" She asked. "Who cares? If it makes you happy, keep doing it?" She urged herself not to start babbling about music. On time she literally went an hour and a half talking to Chiron about how the notes on the piano and flute are almost identical. It only took 15 minutes to realize that he had walked away without her knowing. This, she decided, was something Eric did not need to know.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/2/2013, 11:48 pm

Eric let out a small laugh, "Actually my motto is Hakuna Matata from the Lion King. Basically the same thing, no worries. Just do what you love." He leaned forward. "How long have you've been playing the guitar and piano?"
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/2/2013, 11:53 pm

Myka laughed at Eric's Lion King reference. "Piano since I was 10." She said. "and guitar since I was 12. I taught myself how to play them both. Maybe I can give you lessons sometime, if you're interested." She smiled nervously.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/2/2013, 11:57 pm

"Nice," Eric said, "that could be quite cool learning to play and instrument, never had time to. It would be a honor to learn from you."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/3/2013, 12:01 am

Myka grinned. "And a greater honor to teach you. Now, enough about me and my music. What do you like- you know, other then sports?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/3/2013, 11:35 pm

"Wow," Eric whistled, "that is a tough one." It was. What did he do instead of sports? "I dunno. Probably just hanging around with friends."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 1:04 am

Myka nodded. "That probably be mine, too." She agreed. "Ya know, if I had any friends." As soon as she said it, she regretted it instantly. She certainly did not want to sound like Allison from The Breakfast Club. 'Yep,' she thought, 'this is the part.' Where Eric either thinks that Myka is some loser that feels sorry for herself, or some freak who know one liked.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/4/2013, 10:09 pm

Eric raised an eyebrow, "Surprising, you seem nice enough to have many friends. Well you know what? I'll be one."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 10:14 pm

Myka smiled and unfroze, turning fully and facing him. She looked at him for a minute and laughed. "Thank you, Eric," She said, and pulled out her headphones, twisting them in her hands. "She thought for a minute and smiled. Out of the corner of her eye, she, again, saw Eric's tattoo. "When did you get that?" she asked, nodding her head in its direction.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/4/2013, 10:36 pm

Eric eyes subconsciously drifted to the design, "Let's see. Second trip to juvi. That was when I was 15. So I've had this baby for two years." His fingers started tracing the design.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 10:42 pm

Myka smiled a bit, and took off her coat, revealing her arm-length snake tattoo. "I've had mine for three. This guy bribed me. I'm guessing its highly illegal to tattoo a 14 year old," she said, looking down at it.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 9/4/2013, 10:48 pm

Eric laughed, "I guess it is. I look a lot older than I am and my size intimidated the guy, got it for free."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 9/4/2013, 10:51 pm

Myka laughed at the thought of 15 year old Eric getting a tattoo. "And how did your mom feel when she saw it?" Myka asked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 9:49 pm