A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

[PUBLIC] Meet a Game Master!

Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female
    Number of posts : 1992
    Registration date : 2011-12-09

[PUBLIC] Meet a Game Master! - Page 2 Empty Re: [PUBLIC] Meet a Game Master!

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/26/2013, 11:40 am

After she lost her temper, the voice in Maeve's head had gone mercifully quiet. Praising the gods wasn't something Maeve did on a regular basis, but she found herself silently thanking whoever had helped her out. Back in the real world, she looked around at the light show. She wasn't exactly impressed, but she was wary. Robin didn't seem to be all bark and no bite anymore, he could definitely play chess, and he probably had a way of hurting her. But Robin's flippancy and over-the-top showmanship was getting old. Maeve addressed him bored tones.
    "Is this what you do all day? Challenge someone to a game and try to slap some stakes on it for a giggle? I'm sure you have better things to do with your time. I know I do."
    Maeve turned away from the chessboard and started to walk out.

Gwen looked around at the hazy lights and colors. Something was very off in the air around the chessboard. It sent a shiver down her spine, but Gwen ignored her body's misgivings and did what any child of this millenium would do: she took out her manual camera and started taking pictures.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1355
    Registration date : 2011-12-11

Post by Catos 12/26/2013, 2:30 pm

Robin grinned as Maeve's attempt to leave was blocked by an invisible barrier of energy. He shrugged,

"I like to keep myself entertained, so I make some challenges here and then to what I call Shadow Games. Whoever loses suffers a penatly." He then stood up, his body appearing more and more menacing by the moment.

"However, if either player cheats or tries to stop the game or attack another participant, the penatly will be issued immediately..."
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/26/2013, 6:18 pm

Maeve hit an invisible wall as she tried to leave. She kicked it to test it's strength. It felt pretty solid. Maeve turned around and had to stifle a laugh. Robin's attempts at intimidation might have scared others, but Maeve has seen terrible things in her childhood. She wasn't going to be frightened by flashing lights and a skinny boy's threats.
    Maeve spoke plainly with a hard edge. Her words weren't insults, they were facts.
    "Who's going to administer the penalty? You? Please. A cross breeze could knock you out."
    Suddenly, she felt something. She couldn't describe it ... it was like something was tapping around in her mind. "Lilith," she hissed, addressing the voice in her head "Stop it."
    Lilith was silent.
    Slowly, things started to trickle into Maeve's mind. Thoughts that weren't hers, information that didn't belong. She looked around wildly, clutching at her head. Robin caught her eye.
    "What the hell did you do to me?" Maeve said in a low, quiet voice.

Gwen put her camera down and watched as the girl, Maeve, started to break down. She frowned. The invisible barrier might affect her picture quality. She hoped that wasn't the case. The boy, Robin, seemed to be enjoying this, whatever it was. Though it seemed a lot to go to for a chess game, even with somebody as obviously messed-up as Maeve here.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/27/2013, 10:47 am

Robin chuckled lightly, his skinny and lanky body taking on some kind of otherworldly strength and vigour to it, causing to make him appear less like a skinny weakling and more like a cunning predator.

"The penalty is administered to the loser by the game itself. However, being the Game Master, I can... accelerate the process," he spoke, his words weaving themselves into a tapestry of fear and confusion.

"Prehaps I should show you what I mean." Robin raised his right index finger towards Maeve and spoke plainly,

"The door of darkness has opened." And with that, Robin sent streams of pointless information toward Maeves head, attempting to  overload her brain with useless fact after useless fact.

Last edited by Catos on 12/31/2013, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 12/31/2013, 12:31 am

ooc: Hun, I think 1000 libraries' information is a bit much. You're going to need to tone that down by a lot, and I suggest not trying to overpower this; I will not hesitate to give you an actual warning for god-modding next time.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/31/2013, 10:41 am

OOC: It was just for flavour man, I wasnt being literal.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 12/31/2013, 1:44 pm

ooc: Flavor or not, overexaggerating the strength of a power is a no-no.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/31/2013, 4:18 pm

OOC: Very well.
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 1/2/2014, 3:08 pm

Maeve had taught herself not to scream in times of torment, but the information overload was really testing her will. Robin had struck her in her weakest point, her mind. She was already fragile enough due to having to juggle a separate personality in her head. This mental assault was too much for her to ignore. Maeve clutched her head and collapsed on the ground against the invisible dome, knees to her chest. The attack was over in thirty seconds, but she could still feel echos of the information bouncing around through her mind. She couldn't think straight.

Gwen shot another disdainful look at Robin and peered with slight concern at Maeve on the ground. She really didn't look well at all. Maybe she needed help. However, Gwen was in no hurry to receive the same fate as her, and it looked like she was recovering, so the amateur photographer sat down and watched as the rest of the scene played out.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 1/2/2014, 7:09 pm

Robin cheered at her collapse, and made quick with his nefarious plans. He only had 30 seconds, so he had to be quick. He grabbed the girl and rushed outside the game hut with her, quickly tying her hands behind her back to a nearby fence and ripping out a permanent marker from his pocket, doodling a pair of glasses and a ridiculous moustache on her face, adding in sideburns and big bushy eyebrows for extra fun effect. He saw Maeve beginning to come to, so he quickly skittered around the back of the fence, behind her vision, and waiting for her to come to. Luckily for him, he didnt have long to wait,

"This is gonna be hysterical..."
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 1/2/2014, 7:42 pm

Maeve groggily came to, her head throbbing. Muttering darkly, she tried to get up, but found that her hands were tied behind her back.
    It took all of her self-control not to scream out profanities.
    Luckily, she had been in this situation several times before, and had gotten quite good at getting out of it. Quick as a flash, Maeve grabbed a knife from a hidden sheath in her boot and cut herself loose. She stood up and took a moment to realize that the b*stard had dragged her outside. She rubbed the bridge of her nose. When she pulled her fingers away, however, they were stained with ink. Maeve's eyes widened. He hadn't. She raised her knife to check her reflection and sure enough, Robin had doodled all over her face. Maeve put her knife back in her sheath and pulled out a celestial bronze throwing knife. She whirled around and looked Robin in the eye.
    "You're dead."
    And with that, she flung it squarely at his chest.

Gwen had followed Robin outside, curious to see how this would turn out. She now knew she would not be disappointed. Maeve struck her as a very unstable person, and if she was stronger than Robin, this would be an interesting confrontation to say the least. Gwen prayed her roll of film would last till the end of the fight.

Last edited by Lady Arbitrary on 1/2/2014, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 1/2/2014, 7:51 pm

Robin yelped, and hastily threw himself to the ground, narrowly dodging the knife. Robin scrambled backwards, before hobbling to his feet, and faced Maeve again, hoping to settle peace.

"So then, you want to challenge me?"
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 1/2/2014, 7:58 pm

Maeve kept her mouth shut. She wasn't going to risk him roping her into another game. If it was hand-to-hand combat in the real world, she was sure to win, but in his games he made the rules. She picked up her knife from the ground and tucked it away, slowly advancing towards him as he scrambled back. Maeve took out the long Stygian Iron dagger she had been polishing earlier and lunged towards his throat with it.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 1/2/2014, 8:53 pm

Robin frowned, dodging out of the way of the blade, only to stumble onto some nearby rocks. He squealed in pain, before remembering where he was, and resolved to continue to try and outsmart her. In a hurry, he concocted a plan. He went over the plan. He went over it again. Nope, no good. Another one? Nothing. Plan B? Hows plan B? Review it? Eh, its good. Run. Robin Scrambled from the dirt and clambered up the tree. He pulled out his dagger and sliced a few of the key climbing branches on his way up, hoping to secure his safety. He peeked out from the top of the tree and squealed out.

"Okay! Im sorry! It wasnt cool, I see that now. Please dont hurt me!"

Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 1/2/2014, 9:10 pm

Maeve looked up at Robin in the tree and let out an uncharacteristic giggle. Seeing him in the tree begging for mercy was exactly what she needed to clear her mind. Losing control like that was bad, and it could cost her her life In the wrong situation. But it definitely had freaked Robin out, to some degree anyway. She sheathed her knife and walked back into the game room.

Gwen, her roll of film nearly spent, walked to the base of the tree.
    "How are you going to get down?" she asked in flat tones, gesturing to the branches he had cut off the tree.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 1/2/2014, 9:27 pm

Robin grinned sheepishly, grabbing on to an upper branch and jumping from his. His weight bent down the particularily flexible branch until he was only a meter from the ground, whereupon he let himself drop.

"It was a quick back up plan.
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 1/2/2014, 9:35 pm

Gwen raised an eyebrow. "I can see that." Staring straight into Robin's green eyes, she raised her camera, took a picture of him, and lowered it slowly after the flashbulb went off, all without changing her expression. Gwen flicked her bangs out of her eyes. "What exactly drove you to draw on her face?"

Last edited by Lady Arbitrary on 1/2/2014, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 1/2/2014, 9:39 pm

Robin was unnerved at her photography, but chose to ignore it and answered as simply as he could.

"Well... I got bored..."
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 1/2/2014, 9:46 pm

Gwen frowned. "You're obviously smarter than I am, and even I could tell, that girl is unstable. I'm curious now. Why did you draw on her face?" Gwen had an interest in Robin for some reason. He was smart, but in ways, he wasn't. Plus, he had a great profile, and his cheekbones would make a nice contrast if she photographed him in partial shadow.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 1/2/2014, 9:55 pm

"I just told you! I just got bored!" Robin protested. Honestly, what was so hard to understand about plain and simple fun?
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 1/2/2014, 10:00 pm

Gwen raised her other eyebrow and gave a slight shrug. "Seems like you have a death wish then." she said, being unusually civil. Gwen didn't like many people, but she felt like being nice to Robin. He was malicious and egotistical maybe, but that could be entertaining.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 1/2/2014, 10:06 pm

Robin shrugged.

"Maybe," he said, strangely cheerily.
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 1/2/2014, 10:13 pm

Gwen stared at her camera for a moment. On a whim, she asked Robin a question. "I have some decent pictures of you on here. Do you want to come with me to develop them?" She had gotten good shots of Maeve on the ground, Maeve and Robin arguing, Robin dodging knives, and Robin in the tree, plus many others. She wanted to give a few to him, maybe win him over so he'd let her take a few formal portraits.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 1/2/2014, 10:19 pm

Robin shrugged, a smirk on his face.

"Sure, I think that sounds fun."
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 1/2/2014, 10:28 pm

Gwen nodded. "I set up a darkroom in a cabin in the forest. I'll show you the way." She packed up her camera and gestured for Robin to follow her into the woods.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 5:41 pm