A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

hang out where the losers do

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

hang out where the losers do Empty hang out where the losers do

Post by mabel pines 1/1/2014, 8:24 pm

taleis walks in, dragging his white chucks along the ground with each step. it's something that would drive his aunt crazy, and it gives him this kind of rush. it's telling that that's one of the biggest rushes he's gotten since arriving. he's been climbing off the walls with the need to do something crazy, to mess with people or risk his life or just something. the closest he can get is practicing sword fighting or doing the climbing wall, but even then there's the fact that he knows people will always be around to make sure something bad doesn't happen to him.

it's stupid, taleis knows that, but he can't help being addicted to the rush of doing something that he knows is dangerous. he knows that people die from it, knows he could, but it doesn't really matter when he can finally get it.

but it's impossible at camp. it is actually impossible, and he is getting a bit of an adrenaline rush from dragging his white shoes on the ground. it's quite pathetic, actually. tommy would be ashamed. everyone back in california would be ashamed. he's supposed to be the reckless one, but now he's not.
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female
    Number of posts : 25506
    Registration date : 2010-03-20

hang out where the losers do Empty Re: hang out where the losers do

Post by Wisey 1/1/2014, 8:37 pm

Ooc: sorry ill do color when I get home

Bic: London walks in quietly, looking around with wide eyes. This was only her third day at camp and she was just recently declared as a daughter of demeter. /maybe this place wont be so bad/ she thought but that didnt mean she missed the califonia sun. She missed just being by herself. She is still scared of people becaus of all the bullies from the past. She still resented her family for sending her here but t at least she can be free and play with her 'talents'
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 1/1/2014, 9:31 pm

taleis hears someone walking, hears the crunch of their footsteps on the dead grass. he glances over his shoulder and stops, because, wait, he's positive he's seen that face before.

"hey," he says. "hey, do i know you?"

it's probably not the best move, calling over to possible strangers and asking if you know them, but. he's just positive he's seen her before. (she's not all that bad looking, too. she's fairly attractive, to be honest.)

taleis just hopes she's not an ex of his, because, well. that would be downright awkward. like, "oh, you don't remember me? yeah, well, we dated. was i really that bad of a kisser?"

((ooc: just threw this together really quick; i'll work on making something better later >.<))
    Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 1/1/2014, 9:49 pm

London was about to play around with her powers when she heard someone call out to her loudly. Of course she jumped, who wouldnt? She then turned around to see who called out for her and her eyes widened. Taleis She just stared not knowing what to do... run? fake it? It wasn't like he did anything to her, but he didn't help her either. It was his posse that made fun of her when she lived in Los Angeles.

This was the time when she was really quiet and didnt want to draw attention to herself, so she wore big nerd glasses, and always had her hair up in a pony, and wore baggy clothes. Now, since her family moved to New York, she lost the glasses and got a cuter pair and wore her hair down in its natural waves.

After a few minutes, London realized that she was just staring at him for a while, and decided to just let out the truth. "No" she said softly. "you don't know me, but I know you Taleis... I was more.. umm acquainted with your friends..." she continued looking down at her shoes and then glancing up at him before tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

She wanted to get over her shyness... but after her first monster attack, she just couldnt...
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 1/1/2014, 11:33 pm

"don't listen to a word i say"

taleis curses under his breath. he never really took part in bullying, never let himself sink so low as to do that to get an adrenaline fix, but he never really did anything to stop it, either. he knows he should have now, but, well. there's not really an excuse for it.

"i'm sorry," he says, staring at the ground. gods, he probably looks like a child who's just been scolded or something. "i'm probably one of the last people you want to see."

he's not sure what's changed since he got to camp, why he's suddenly compassionate, but apparently something changed. he's started seeing people differently, maybe, or maybe living with trees (like, nymph trees, not actual trees, but that could have something to do with it) and goat people started to get to him. like, suddenly he got "connected to nature" and "realized his sins" or whatever. it's kinda weird, and taleis doesn't fully understand it, but something about being away from camp made him realize he'd been a jerk before coming to camp.

Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 1/2/2014, 12:16 am

London Foster

London smiled softly at Taleis. "it's okay, none of it was your fault, and I hold no grudge or resentment" she said gently. "so, how have you been?" She said while sitting down at a base of a small tree. "how long have you been here?" it had been about over a year or so since she stepped foot in LA. She was hoping that someone would show her the strings here, but then again, she didn't know how much to trust Taleis yet.

"I'm London, by the way." she hesitated (she still wasnt use to the whole, you are a demigod thing) "....daughter of demeter" she said smiling softly.  Even though she was shy around new people and was scared to trust, she wasnt mean or anything.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 1/2/2014, 3:12 pm

taleis blinks at london, surprised. that was in no was the reaction he was expecting. he expected maybe a glare, or a sneer, or just. something, you know? people don't always forget things easily. he remembers that one kid in first grade who somehow found out about his dad and started hitting him at recess. being a "bad boy" is one thing, but when your dad is in jail for it? not really cool.

"i've been here about...two years? three?" taleis wrinkles his nose, tries to count it out in his head but can't. he doesn't want to look stupid, using his fingers, so he just shrugs and goes on. "i dunno, one or the other. i can't really complain, but..." taleis shrugs again. "i dunno, i just get a bit stir crazy sometimes. my mom's clymene, by the way," he adds. "minor goddess of fan and infamy. not a lot of people really know about her."

it's one of the things taleis likes at camp. he mentions his aunt, and everyone knows who he's talking about because she writes articles for damn vogue or something, taleis doesn't know, but she's big in the fashion world and it just adds to the belief that taleis has to be something big, or whatever. that he has to grow up to be great, or else he'll be a repeat of his dad. sure, clymene's a goddess, but nobody's expecting him to live up to that.

Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 1/2/2014, 3:36 pm

London Foster

London was watching him with a careful eye. When you get really shy and have some major trust issues you tend to see things better and a bit differently. It was obvious that her reaction was one that he was not expecting, what so ever. She hears how long he has been here and she is taken back by surprise, oh wow... that long?

When he was talking about his mother she couldnt help but give a small chuckle or giggle. son of fame and infamy... makes sense. Back in LA, she remembered that Taleis was the hot hot-shot, you know... mr. popular and everything, and although she didn't pay attention to any of that stuff, at the time (because she had previously), she knew of him quite well.

"You know Taleis... I kinda had this played out differently in my head" she said softly. London then looked over at the edge of the strawberry fields, seeing how far they were from home. Not New York home, but California home. "I bet you're really home sick" she said softly as she looked at the edges of camp. Afterwards she made eye contact with him. Her green eyes on his. "New York is so... different-you know?...From home..." she whispered. Even though she never really stayed in one place for more than 8 months, she had grown attached to the sunshine state.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 1/2/2014, 5:43 pm

taleis nods and says, "yeah, yeah, i know what you mean. like, it's great here, of course, but...it's just not home. it never really will be, not for me."

normally taleis would have made some joke, just made fun of her for getting all sentimental, but...there's something about her that makes taleis feel like he has to be honest. and no, it's not like how girls in young adult romance novels make boys feel. it's nothing like that. it's like, she's being so sincere that it makes taleis feel like he has to be sincere, too.

"like, it's cold here," taleis says, continuing. "it'd get cold back home, sure, but never like this. and everything's so dirty in the city. like, there's soot everywhere from all the taxis, and the buildings block out all the light. and sure, camp's a bit better, but it's not a city, is the issue. like, i miss the city, but i want there to be sun, and at least a bit clean, you know? nowhere's like california."

taleis tries not to let himself get too homesick, usually. he doesn't like that, doesn't like dwelling on the past too much. and sue, his aunt and uncle and sophia the cheerleading succubus cousin from hell are there, but so is lucy and everything else he's ever known. he's lived there his whole life, and taleis supposes he should be sick of it, but. but he's not, and he misses it so much it aches, sometimes, and he'd really like nothing more to be home.

Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 1/2/2014, 5:59 pm

London just nodded at what he was saying. "yea... I know what you mean" she said softly. She didn't know that he was not acting 'normal' since she didnt know what his normal was. She just saw him as a boy who was missing home. London then noticed that he was still standing and she patted the spot next to her. "care to sit?" she asked somewhat hesitantly. This was probably the first time in forever that she let someone sit near her, voluntarily. Of course her heart rate was beating like crazy and she was nervous and felt like she was about to bolt any second, but she had to try and get over her fear or else she will be alone forever.

"please tell me they at least have a beach" she said looking up at him, somewhat sadly. She never had a knack for surfing, but she loved to sit on the beach and take pictures and draw, or to just relax. The beach was her safe haven, other than her room, but now she didnt have a room anymore, but a bunk... so yea...
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 1/2/2014, 11:54 pm

taleis smiles and sits down next to london. it's not often he gets to just be honest with people. he's been trying, gods, he's been trying so hard, but sometimes trying isn't enough. it's nice to have someone who just doesn't care.

"yeah, they've got a beach," taleis says, "thank the gods. plus it's actually warm enough to swim in during the summer, but you do kind of miss the west coast and it's frigidness."

it's kind of disconcerting, how truly far away from home camp is. camp is more of a home than his house ever was, sure, but california just feels like home. the palm trees, the sunshine, the sand, even the tourist. hell, you get a whole different kind of tourist. sure, there are some of the same types, but you have more of the tan, skinny girls who think they'll make it as an actress or model or singer or whatever. it's part of what makes it feel like home.

he wonders how long it'll be until it's lucy's birthday (she'll be turning eight, and if that isn't terrifying, taleis doesn't know what is. he doesn't want his little baby cousin to grow up too much without him; she's his best friend and co-chef and she's his little girl, not aunt alexa's or uncle rob's or sophia's or lourah's, his. he's supposed to be there with her, he's supposed to be taking care of her and making sure she eats healthy and dresses nice and cleans her room and goes to bed on time and doesn't watch tv all night.)

Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 1/3/2014, 12:23 am

TwinkleToes wrote:

London Foster

London smiled softly. thank gods . She couldnt help but look over at Taleis. He had a distant look in his eyes, and she was wondering what he was contemplating on. She bit her lip thinking about it, wondering if she should ask, but she didnt want to pry, and left it alone.

Instead of thinking about it, she just enjoyed the soft cool breeze and began to play with her powers quietly. She started off small and began to grow a white rose, trying to see what she could do. Taleis wasnt a bad person. She could already figure that. Maybe misunderstood, but not bad.

London couldnt help but look over at him. He was different then all those years ago. If people back at home saw him, they would grovel at his feet and do his every bidding. Girls would fawn over him and faint at just the sheer glance of him. She began to start to feel insecure next to Taleis. He as confident and proud and so positive about himself , and here she was all small, petite, and practically fragile. She didnt see herself as pretty, but not as ugly either... normal maybe? Her skin was still naturally kissed by the sun from living in California all her life. She almost couldnt believe that this would be her first birthday away from home. Of course her birthday wasnt today but it was coming up quickly.

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 1/3/2014, 1:24 am

"have you got anyone back home you miss?" taleis asks, pulling his knees up to his chest. "like, family or friends?"

he notices london messing with her powers, feels a small stab of jealousy in his chest. taleis always wanted powers, but was quick to discover that clymene didn't have any. at least, not for her kids, anyways. it was kind of irritating. plus, you had all those demigods who could use their kick-butt powers to fight monsters. sure, they had to practice them, but it was another weapon that they had to their advantage. taleis didn't get any of that, only had what he knew to do with his own two hands.

thing is, for a camp for demigods, a place of refuge, taleis doens't really feel all that welcome. it feels like he's the one mortal who managed to sneak in and nobody knows how to get him out. hell, it felt like that at home, too, like nobody wanted him there. like he was the mistake, the one who didn't belong.

it's not like him to dwell on things like this, but. taleis is sick of it here, he's ready to leave, but leaving means sure death and he doesnt want that, either.

Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 1/3/2014, 1:51 am

London Foster

Lonon shook her head softly. "No" she whispered "I dont" . She then shrugged her shoulders. "I dont know why i loved home... it wasnt really home... i had no friends and my only family was my dad and my step family" Once the flower was done growing she started to gently play with the petals gently with her fingers.

She then glanced up at him softly and saw him staring at her flower. She saw the look in his eyes and saw something. Resentment? She hesitated thinking about what to do. She then took his chin gently, in her shaky hands, and lifted it softly to make eye contact with her. "What's wrong?" London asked softly. She felt that making eye contact was the only way for them to really connect per say.

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 1/3/2014, 3:46 pm

"yeah, i think i know what you mean," taleis says. "for me, there was just my little cousin, lucy. my aunt and uncle didn't really want me around, and my cousin sophie was awful. couldn't stand her. and like, everyone was obsessed with this image of me?" he turns the words over in his head, trying to figure out how to string them together.

"it's like, they all had this idea of who i was," he says finally. "they didn't know anything about me, not really. they just jumped to all these conclusions and it's so infuriating. like, my aunt and uncle did it, my cousin did it, everyone at school did it. and then i've gotta either live up to their expectations or prove them wrong. i don't want to do that. i'd just like a chance to be myself."

there's something comforting in spilling everything to someone you hardly know. something about it that just feels good, because sure, they'll judge you, but it's not that big of a deal. they're a stranger to you, you're a stranger to them. sure, they've got a bit of a connection, but. they're still basically strangers

Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 1/3/2014, 3:56 pm

London Foster

London couldnt help but to sit there and listen, paying close attention to him. She didn't know that he had this side to him. She remembered he was mr. popular and everyone wanted to be him, but like her (although hers was out of fear) he had a facade. When he talked about his family, she saw that he was very protective and loving of lucy. She couldnt help but wonder about what happened to his father.

As she sat there and listened to him semi-rant. She couldnt help but sense that this is what he needed to get out of his chest, but never had a chance to. So she'll just let him spew it all out, and actually listen to him. After all, she saw Taleis as somewhat broken and confused. Yea they weren't really friends, because in truth they just met, and she couldn't help but be guilty about kinda making him tell her what he was feeling. What if he didnt want to talk about it to her? She would be imposing, but she couldn't make him stop.

So there she was, with her knees up to her chest, her arms wrapped around them, resting her head against her knees, watching and listening to him as he spoke out what was on his mind. This was the least she could do, and even though they weren't friends, it felt nice to somewhat know someone here.

[/quote]
    [/quote][/quote]
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 2/19/2014, 8:27 pm

taleis is about to go on talking, to say something else even more ridiculous and sappy, but then he thinks, 'what the hell are you doing? you barely know her. you've only just met her. get it together. you can't be that careless.'

he stands up abruptly, runs a hand through his hair before saying, "you know what? i've gotta go, sorry." he sounds a bit flustered, rushed, not quite right, but there's nothing that can be done about it as he hurriedly leaves the fields. 'damn it.'

Wisey
    Wisey
    Role Playing Addict

Female

Post by Wisey 2/19/2014, 11:46 pm

London watched as he stood up and ran his hand through his hair, looking frustrated. "oh..." she whispered softly. She didn't know why she felt conflicted with him, or why she felt her heart throb. "okay then" she said softly "... i guess, I'll see around" she added with a small smile.

Once he left, she sighed softly and began to play with the grass softly. "happy birthday to me" she whispered to herself. With that she slowly stood up and brushed the dirt off her hands before leaving the fields to go explore or something. It was nice to see Taleis again, even though they didnt really bond or connect, as she was hoping, it was nice to still talk to him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 7:53 am