A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

many days fell away with nothing to show

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female
    Number of posts : 593
    Registration date : 2013-09-06

many days fell away with nothing to show Empty many days fell away with nothing to show

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 4/22/2014, 4:49 pm

I groaned and stomped out of the cabin, angry I had no one to talk to but glad at the same time glad no one badger me about how I feel. I kicked o=a stone over and sat down glumly on the steps. I just wanted to stab everyone in this god forsaken camp. Flash backs started going through my mind of my father saying how I'll always be worthless, horrible, a freak. i shook away the thoughts. Standing, I sulked to five feet away from a group if giggling girls. I glared at growled at everyone. I was in a horrible mood.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

many days fell away with nothing to show Empty Re: many days fell away with nothing to show

Post by mabel pines 4/24/2014, 4:24 pm

VINYL RECORD

vinyl's bare feet dangle down from the hammock someone had set up outside of the hypnos cabin, dragging along the ground when she isn't using them to push herself up. everyone in her cabin is always sleeping. you'd think they'd get tired (haha, tired, 'cause they're kids of the god of sleep) of sleeping all the time, but, apparently they don't. vinyl heard somewhere that you get tired if you oversleep. well, there's the answer to that.

there's this general feeling of happiness in the courtyard, is the thing. it's constantly filled with laughter and talking and even the damn fountain sounds happy. it's practically overflowing with happiness. vinyl can feel the happiness and something akin to normality radiating off of everyone around her. her skin is itching; she's not used to people acting so normal. she's been at camp for years, and she still isn't used to it. vinyl probably won't ever be used to it. there's a side effect to growing up on the run. you've got great life stories to tell, but you suffocate practically everywhere you go.

there's only one thing vinyl knows how to do in situations like this: she reaches into her pocket, pulls out a lighter and a cigarette, and has a nice smoke. screw everyone giving her dirty looks. they can deal with it on their own.

TAGS: none ● WORD COUNT: 225

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

many days fell away with nothing to show Empty Re: many days fell away with nothing to show

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 4/24/2014, 4:56 pm

I looked over at a girl in a hammock. She was smoking. I didn't know we were allowed to smoke in camp. Oh well, it's not like I would have ever done it anyway. I stood and brushed off all the dirt and grass off my legs. Honestly, I hated people. Even the ones who were cool. i hated them. They made me feel so.... Alone. shut up i think It's not like any of them even know who you are, let along purposely torture you. My feet wanted to walk to someone. Whatever, I can ignore my feet.

I wanted to go to the girl in the hammock. She seems cool, so why not? I take a few steps towards her and turn around. I repeat this for a while until I notice the looks. "Umm... I'm practicing a dance?" My voice rose at the end. I finally went up to her, not saying anything but awkwardly stalking. I didn't know what to say, who does? I just silently stalked her.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 4/27/2014, 11:09 am

VINYL RECORD

there's something in the peripheral of vinyl's vision,, someone moving constantly, but they're never moving enough to actually exit her vision. vinyl really can't tell whether it's more annoying or pathetic.

but then she notices the girl looking at her, and, well. 'that's somewhat creepy,' she thinks as she takes another drag.

the girl's still somewhat in her peripheral, so she doesn't necessarily have to call her out. but vinyl would do that if she were nice, and she's not.

"what, you want a smoke or something?" she asks, an eyebrow raised questioningly. vinyl sends out a silent prayer to whichever god is listening that she doesn't want one; vinyl has been trying very hard to ration them. she doesn't want to have to ask a hermes kid to get them for her every five days or so.

TAGS: none ● WORD COUNT: 138

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 4/27/2014, 4:20 pm

I look around to see who the girl is talking to. Them it hits me. Oh god. My nose scrunched up and I scowl. "No." I cross my arms and turn my head away, "I just don't know we could smoke or not." I huff and try to think of something that would help me exit the conversation. I don't think Bye is going to cut it. I'm sure I should just make due and have a conversation with the girl but I have no idea what I should say. Sighing, I take a few steps back, wondering if I could just make a run for it.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 4/29/2014, 8:05 pm

VINYL RECORD

vinyl laughs at the absurdity of it all. "or course we aren't allowed to smoke in camp," she says, pushing her feet against the ground to make the hammock swing. "i do it illegally."

it's kind of obvious that the girl wasn't expecting vinyl to talk to her. vinyl wasn't quite expecting to talk to her, either. that's not vinyl's thing, she doesn't talk to people unless they talk to her first.

as the girl takes a step back, vinyl turns her head away from her and chuckles lightly. of course, typical. vinyl tends to get that reaction from people a lot. maybe they show a bit of interest, but then she actually starts talking, and, well. the rest is a bit obvious, isn't it?

TAGS: none ● WORD COUNT: 125

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 4/29/2014, 9:13 pm

I cross my arms and look down at my black vans. "Um... okay." I sjrug annd look up at the girl. She looked amused. I growl, quietly so she doesn't hear me. "My name's Copper. Copper Sans. Like the font name." I blurt. I instantly try to swallow my words. "Who are you?"
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 4/29/2014, 10:15 pm

VINYL RECORD

vinyl's just started examining her nails, ready to move on, when she hears the girl speak again. she's so awkward that vinyl almost pities her, honestly. 'like the font, honestly,' she thinks, chuckling softly to herself.

"vinyl record," she says, her free hand tapping out a rhythm on her thigh. "like a vinyl record." she still doesn't know what kind of crap name that is, or why her mother chose it, but, c'est la vie.

it takes vinyl a moment to realize that her cigarette has been burned down to the filter, and she lets out an irritated sigh as she drops it to the ground and stomps it out. she could kill for another cig, honestly, but she really needs to ration them. if she keeps up at this rate then she'll be all out too soon, and she'll have to ask people for favors to get her some more.

TAGS: none ● WORD COUNT: 151

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 4/30/2014, 4:46 pm

"My dad used to play vinyl records in my house," I sigh, "He would play really old songs but I liked it." Why am I telling her this? It's not like we're friends. I don't have 'friends'. I wiggle my toes inside my shoes and bite my lip. "So... you're the daughter of who?" I ask, trying to have a conversation. Honestly, I could probably leave right now and she would just laugh. Whatever. Dad would tell you to suck it up I think.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/1/2014, 7:05 am

VINYL RECORD

'what is it with this girl?' vinyl thinks, trying not to stare at her too strangely. nobody ever makes an effort to talk to vinyl after they find out she's not very nice. it's almost concerning, how much copper is actually trying to talk to her.

"are you sure you're not after a smoke," she asks, but it comes out kind of flat, not sounding much like a question at all. vinyl can't really think of any other reasons copper would be talking to her unless she was trying to sweet talk vinyl into giving her a smoke. people have done it before, they're bound to do it again, and she'd like to know if that's what they're trying to do beforehand so she can have time to think of how to tell them no in such a humiliating way that nobody will ever ask again. vinyl will be the first one to admit that she's selfish, but, well. if you live in new york city, you kind of have to be. the selfless ones are the ones who get their hopes and dreams crushed within an hour of arriving.

TAGS: none ● WORD COUNT: 190

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 5/1/2014, 1:09 pm

I scowl again. "Gods no." I snort and cut it out as soon as I begin. I realize she's right outside the Hypnos cabin. Gods, you're an idiot I think. "Shouldn't you be, um, sleeping?" I ask, "You know, daughter of Hypnos and all that crap." I understand I now sound like a self centered, stereo typical, and idiotic girl, but it's worth it. I'm sick of not being able to ask questions when they sound rude. "I just kind of guessed. You being outside the Hypnos." I shrug.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/1/2014, 4:23 pm

((hover over second picture for the post, i'm trying out some new coding stuff))
    © html made by albatross, graphic by merlin
    Look who's digging their own grave, That is what they all say, You'll drink yourself to death. look who makes their own bed Lies right down within it, And what will you have left? Out on the front doorstep Drinking from a paper cup. You won't remember this. Living beyond your years, Acting out all their fears You feel it in your chest. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun, It's just begun. Standing on the cliff face Highest fall you'll ever grace, It scares me half to death. Look out to the future But it tells you nothing, So take another breath. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. And this is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave. You put up your defenses when you leave, You leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. You're putting up your armor when you leave, And you leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. This is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave

vinyl doesn't really believe copper, but whatever. she's not giving away one of her cigarettes.

gods, is there anything vinyl hates more than that whole children of hypnos always sleep thing? probably, but whatever it is, it's cutting it pretty close. "not every child of hypnos is so incompetent that they need to spend the entire day sleeping," she spits out, a deep scowl on her face.

chiron's voice floats around somewhere behind her ears, telling her to 'keep your head down and be nice to the other campers,' but, gods, sometimes they just make it so hard.

Last edited by albatross on 5/5/2014, 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 5/1/2014, 5:35 pm

I cross my arms. What gives this jerk the right to be so mean to me. "Sorry, it's the only thing I see them do all day." I growl. "Anyways, you don't seem to be too active." My arms cross and I glare away from the girl. What's the point, Copper I think you should just leave and be annoyed at the world again. But I can't. I want to prove to this girl I'm not some bumbling idiot. "So... what did I ever do to you?" I ask, "You don't seem to like me very much."
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/1/2014, 7:50 pm

Look who's digging their own grave, That is what they all say, You'll drink yourself to death. look who makes their own bed Lies right down within it, And what will you have left? Out on the front doorstep Drinking from a paper cup. You won't remember this. Living beyond your years, Acting out all their fears You feel it in your chest. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun, It's just begun. Standing on the cliff face Highest fall you'll ever grace, It scares me half to death. Look out to the future But it tells you nothing, So take another breath. Your hands protect the flames From the wild winds around you. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. And this is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave. You put up your defenses when you leave, You leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. You're putting up your armor when you leave, And you leave because you're certain Of who you want to be. Icarus is flying too close to the sun, And Icarus's life, it has only just begun. This is how it feels to take a fall. Icarus is flying towards an early grave

vinyl tries her best to smile sweetly and ignore copper's comments. yep, she definitely wants a cigarette. or just something. it's the typical 'i've done nothing wrong' bluff. vinyl's heard it a hundred times and used it a hundred more. it used to trip her up, back in her early days, but she's over it by now.

"i don't like anyone very much," vinyl says shortly, trying to keep up the sweet smile, but her skin feels like it's tight over her cheekbones and the crinkles at the edges of her mouth feel like they're digging into her skin. it's probably more of a grimace than anything, really. "now how about you run along and play nice with someone else, yeah?"

gods, her skin is going to crawl off of her bones and vinyl will be left as a skeleton laying in a hammock. there are reasons she doesn't socialize, and this is the biggest one. seriously, screw rationing the cigarettes. vinyl reaches into her pocket and pulls her pack of marlboro's and a lighter out, sticks the cigarette into her mouth and lights it. she'll just buy them in bulk from now on.

Last edited by albatross on 5/5/2014, 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 5/1/2014, 9:33 pm

I look away from the box and remember. I remember my dad taking out a cigarette and lookin at me with drunken eyes. His lit cigarette would eventually end up in my shoulder. I shudder at the memories and push them away. "Listen up." I seethe, "You're not going to push me around and tell me Togo play 'nice with someone else'." I bite my tongue. "Sorry." I look at my feet, "I'm going to leave now." My cheeks go red and begun to walk away.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/4/2014, 12:27 pm

vinyl snorts out a laugh. "for someone who says you won't let me push you around, you're sure a pushover," she says snarkily. screw chiron. screw being nice. vinyl's not nice, and she's fairly certain she wasn't even nice before her mom up and left. it's just who she is, really.

she waves copper on her way, making a motion with her hand as if to say 'go on, leave.' she doesn't have time for her and her constant apologizing. vinyl knows all too well that you can't do that if you want to get by in life, can't just let people walk all over you.

Last edited by albatross on 5/5/2014, 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 5/4/2014, 5:20 pm

I sneered. "Push over?" I growl, "If I was such a pushover, why am I still here?" My heart beat aginst my chest, wanting to say more. This girl is so much like my father. So abusive with words. I'm about to push her hammock over and leave when I feel a laugh wanting to burst out. This was so pathetic. This girl was trying so hard to act tough. She was so... pathetic. I laugh. "You know what? I don't care." I begin to walk away on my own terms.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/14/2014, 4:46 pm

vinyl rolls her eyes. "whatever makes you feel better, sweetheart," she says, waving her hand through the air. it's starting to look like copper may have some potential, but it's not like vinyl's going to tell her that she's not entirely hopeless. that'd make it seem like she's gone soft, or something, which she hasn't.

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 5/14/2014, 7:26 pm

I growl. "To hell with you." I whisper, striding away. I'm sick of being pushed around. "Call me sweetheart one more time and I'm going to rip your friggin throat out." I know I could do worse. I could make her see her worse fear or whatever I want her to see, but I'm not a total heartless creature.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 5/30/2014, 11:27 pm

vinyl rolls her eyes, stretching her arms lazily above her head and fully stretching out on the hammock. her cabin may be full of lazy bums, but, hey. at least she gets a nice hammock out of it, right?

"whatever, darling," vinyl can't help but mutter under her breath. it's instinct to piss people off by this point, and you really can't mess with instinct.

(besides, friggin? what is this, middle school? nobody sounds threatening while saying friggin. it's a fact of life.)

Jules_Mcguelz
    Jules_Mcguelz

Female

Post by Jules_Mcguelz 5/31/2014, 9:52 pm

I want to smack her and my arm twitches but no way am I going to end up like my father. I growl some not-so-nice words under my breath. I didn't want to go back to my cabin, nope, that would suck a lot. But so would just sitting in Vinyl's line of vision, so that was out of the question. I didn't feel like going to train or some crap and people might be at Thalia's tree. I had nowhere to go, once again. I had little hope I would fit in at camp. Looks like I was right.I roll my eyes at my self pity. I just groaned as I walked pointlessly around, hoping the girl didn't see me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 4:54 pm