A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Creek Of Wine And Magic

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

The Creek Of Wine And Magic Empty The Creek Of Wine And Magic

Post by jake. 5/26/2014, 6:57 am

The Creek Of Wine And Magic Tumblr_m6i4eor6tQ1rpb875
    -----

Noah breathed out, smoke rising upwards. The cigarette in his hand was lit, and his other hand was in the pocket of his jeans. He was wearing a black skull tank top, and a red flannel over it. His shoes were red converse, his favorite pair. His deep green eyes sparkled as he watched the sun set slowly down by the Zephyros Creek. He took another cigarette out of the pack of camel lights, which as the name of the brand, and lit it slowly with his purple and green fire lighter. He slipped the fire lighter back into his pocket and smiled, his free hand brushing through his light blonde bangs.
    courier six
    courier six

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2014-05-09

The Creek Of Wine And Magic Empty Re: The Creek Of Wine And Magic

Post by courier six 5/26/2014, 7:13 am

I walked along the riverbed, studying the ground for interesting stones or creatures. A few crabs caught my eye, and I stooped down lower to see them scuttle away. Life as a crab must've been boring; scared of shadows and birds and only focusing on finding food. Then again, there was something about the simplicity of it all that charmed me. The scent of smoke twirled up my nose, and I coughed. Rather violently, as I was getting over a minor sickness. "Why do people even smoke? It's so stupid," I thought. The culprit came into view, and a disgusted look came over my face. "Y'know," I said, walking over to him. "Smoking is pretty gross. You're gonna get cancer or something." Something about him though was charming, almost pleasantly so. But still, smoking? Gross, gross, gross.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/26/2014, 7:22 am

-----

Noah turned his head to see a girl, maybe a year younger than him, making a disgusted face and dropping down some comments about smoking and cancer. "I don't smoke constantly, dear." He said and grinned. "Also, Cancer is pretty dumb. I mean, just live your life. We die anyways, so why not just smoke?" He said quietly and shrugged. "The sunset is pretty, huh?" He said and took another puff, small ashes dropping into the water.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 5/26/2014, 7:32 am

His statement shocked me. "Y-yeah, but..." I trailed off, not sure how to retort back. I stared out where he was staring instead. "It is. They all slowly become the same, though. Y'know, with similar colors and cloud designs." The falling ashes caught my eye instead, and I watched them swirl away. "It's just that, cancer can shorten your lifespan a lot, and treatment for it is really expensive and..." I fell silent again, just wanting to go away and never see him again. Not wanting to show embarrassment -or at least to the best of my abilities- I smoothed out my shirt with the Deathly Hallows symbol on it. Typical "white girl" outfit, especially with lighter skinny jeans and bangles on my wrist, but I adored it.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/26/2014, 11:47 am

----

Noah cocked his head to one side, although he wasn't asking any questions. "It's weird. When I was little, I wondered why the moon followed you. I thought he was my friend." Noah chuckled. He breathed out the smoke, the thick, grey cloud rising up to the trees, dissapearing into the deep sunset. He sighed, and ran through his hair with his pale hand, his leather bracelets touching his forehead softly. His two black rings were on his right hand, the one that held the cigarette. He looked over to the girl, and smiled softly as he realized that she had two mismatched eyes. "You have very peculiar eyes, dear." He whispered and stared into them. His eyes then flickered back to the red, wonderful sky and he took another puff of his cig.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 5/26/2014, 1:54 pm

I chuckled. "Honestly, I used to think the same thing." Smoke rised up out of his throat, and I couldn't help but admire the beauty of it. "It's still gross and can kill you," I had to remind myself.

"You have very peculiar eyes, dear."

My "peculiar" eyes widened. "Uh, thanks? I-I get told that a lot." I let out a forced laugh and looked at the creek. Little jewels from the sunlight sparkled and danced wildly. My hand grabbed my arm, and I looked at him. "I don't think I caught your name. I'm Chrysanthemum. Or Chrys, whatever you feel like saying."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/27/2014, 1:52 am

-----

"I'll stick with Chrysanthemum."
    Noah said and stared further into the sun setting behind the creek, making it burst up in red, orange and yellow colour. "My name," Noah said, "Is Noah." He took another puff of his cig, his face hidden by smoke. "Caught my name now, dear?" He said and let a grin flicker across his face. He was usually much more of a goofball, but he had his 'Bad-Boy-Mysterious-Smoker' days most of the time. "Because I have caught yours, and I'm sure I'll hold onto it for a long time." More smoke curled around his face, and as it faded, he smiled. "I mean, how can you forget such a wonderful name?" He said and chuckled.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 5/27/2014, 1:47 pm

I tittered slightly. People always went with Chrys. Hell, even Dad barely called me Chrysanthemum. "You're an interesting one. Very interesting." I enunciated the second-to-last word, just so he wouldn't get the wrong idea. I rubbed the back of my head and looked away from him, not sure what to do. "You'll have to excuse me; I'm a terrible conversationalist." Noah. Noah was a interesting name, a good one. It wasn't common, but it wasn't ridiculously rare. "But yeah, caught your name for sure," I mumbled, looking back at him. Just as I did so, smoke curled around his face. My mouth fell agape slightly; that was just insanely, insanely... I couldn't even think of the words. Not "hot", not "sexy", definitely not "cute". Just something uniquely and aesthetically pleasing. My cheeks began to burn and I bent down to splash some water on my face. "Whew! I think all this time in the sun is giving me a crazy burn!" I fake-laughed, trying my hardest to make sure he didn't get any ideas. The water was cool and cliche-ly refreshing, so I did it a couple more times. Water dripped down onto my chest, and I gave a piggish squeal in surprise.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/28/2014, 1:45 am

The Creek Of Wine And Magic Tumblr_inline_mq155xx8AS1qz4rgp
    -----

"Thats a matter of opinion, dear. Some find me weird. I think intresting might just be a nicer word for weird." And then he gave her a small grin and wink. He wasn't flirting, it was just part of his 'intresting' nature to wink. He breathed out, making a hushed sound, letting yet more smoke swirl around him. It was obvious that she had blushed, but Noah didn't mind. He laughed as she accidentally dripped creek water down her t-shirt. Noah walked up to her, taking her t-shirt in his hand, his long fingers enclasping the spots where it was wet. He took the rim of his flannel to rub them away, and as he was done, he smiled, took a step backwards, and took another puff of his cigarette.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 5/29/2014, 12:01 pm

I flinched slightly at his contact. Soon enough, though, the drops were gone. "Hah, thank you?" I laughed, smoothing it out again. "What are you, a son of Apollo? You seem the type." With his blonde hair and mysterious air, he definitely fit the Apollo stereotypes. Some crickets began to chirp away, and I peeked between the trees. The sun was gone, but some of the colors were still melting away in the clouds. A frown crossed my face; soon I'd have to go and sleep or else I would be unable to function tomorrow. Nighttime was never fun for me.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/29/2014, 12:08 pm

-----

Noah smiled and put a hand on Chrysanthemums shoulder, and pointed towards a small petite wooden bench at the edge of the creek, overlooking the sunset even clearer. His hand slipped from her shoulder to her wrist, and he pulled her towards the bench. "No, I'm A Son Of Dionysus." He said and smiled at her, the smile being a bit goofy and very genuine. All of his smiles were genuine, though. "You, Chrythanthemum?"
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 6/2/2014, 1:38 pm

I gasped a little; a boy was touching me! I had never been the "girlfriend material" girl in school, and while I had tons of guy friends, not one was actually had a crush on me that I could tell. Or, now that I thought about it, Tyler did seem interested...
      Still slightly lost in thought, I stumbled forward to the bench and sat down. It was a nice design, and it didn't hurt your back when you leaned into it. The wood was pretty, too. Mahogany, maybe? Or possibly just pine. My hand slid across the lacquered timber as I looked outwards. "Dionysus, hm? That's interesting. Honestly, it's the last parent I'd have thought of." I swung my feet off the edge, as I was just short enough to graze my toes on the rough dirt and rocks underneath. "I'm a daughter of Hecate. Sadly, I'm not one of those crazies," I laughed, trying to sound as sarcastic as possible. As far as I was concerned, I was not one of those weirdos that prowled around the camp.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/3/2014, 10:19 am

-----

Noah smiled softly at her. "Yes. Sadly." He said and grinned, as he reached out to the water, his hand wet as he playfully flicked some water at Chrysthanthemum. "You're an intresting one." He said, grinning slightly as he relaxed and put his arms on the top part of the bench, watching the trees wave to the gusts of wind that were blowing through Noah and Chrys's hair. It was quite warm today, but it was getting chilier by the minute.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 6/3/2014, 4:34 pm

Water splashed on my upper arm and cheek, and I flinched back. "Hey, not cool!" I joked. "I might melt!" Noah stood behind me, leaning against the bench instead of sitting on it. A cool gust of wind blew through my hair, and I smelled honeysuckle and grapes and strawberries on it. I shivered, and let out a sharp "Brr!" before pulling my sleeves down and folding my arms. A leaf fell in front of my face, and I blew on it, trying to change the direction it twirled in. It reminded me a lot of a ballerina, and a vivid memory of a ballet recital popped up in my mind. I was about six, and I was watching the much older girls perform a piece from Swan Lake. At that point, I had desperately wanted to work as a dancer and become world-famous; now, not so much. "Noah? What do you want to do when you turn nineteen? Are you gonna leave camp, or?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/4/2014, 1:51 am

-----

Noah smiled at her from the side. "I don't plan my future, I let it come to me." He said and smiled again. "I prefer to just let it swim, ya know? I like surprises, either good or bad." He took off his flannel slowly, and put it around Chrysthanthemums shoulder. "You seemed like you were cold." He said and smiled. "But...I'd really like to stay in camp for a while, teach some kids what it's really like to be a demigod. When I'm 24 or so, I'll get my own apartment here in New York. My Mom's apartment hasn't been sold yet, and it was in her will that I get it." He said and shrugged.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 6/14/2014, 1:19 pm

"That--" I stuttered, looking up at him. "That's brave. I'm terrified of growing up." My attentions refocused on the horizon melting with vivid warm hues. "Is your mom sick, or something? You make it sound like she'll pass soon." Everyone in camp seemed to have dead parents or excruciatingly sick ones, but I honestly felt bad about the idea of Noah's mother being ill. Not like a tragic hero, not entirely, but just sad and lonely. "I think I'll just go to college when I'm nineteen. Get a degree in a STEM field. Hopefully something physics-y." I chuckled, the sun beginning to hurt my eyes. Didn't really mind it though, oddly enough.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/18/2014, 11:56 am

Noah flinched a bit at the, 'you make it sound like she'll pass on soon'. "She..." Noah bit back tears sharply. He swallowed and licked his lips, then pursed them, staring into the horizon. "She's dead. Died when I was fourteen." He closed his eyes and tried to stop the tears from coming. It worked, but his face mirrored hurt and emotional agony obviously and clearly. "I'm basically an Orphan. Good for me that...Dad-uh-Dionysus is my father and works at camp. He doesn't talk to me much, though."

OOC: not bothered to do the gif thingie xD
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 6/20/2014, 6:33 pm

My eyes widened. "Oh my God. I'm so sorry, I had no idea," I gasped, before covering my mouth with my hands. "Should I hug him?" I thought, trying to think of a way to alleviate the situation. He looked so...so broken. Seeing him go from happy-go-lucky to this felt heartwrenching. Quietly, I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms in an embrace. "It's okay to cry if you want," I mumbled.

Last edited by apocalyptia on 6/22/2014, 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/22/2014, 8:03 am

Noah smiled and let a few tears slip onto her shirt, but he regained himself and sat down next to her. "Tell me, Chrysanthemum..Do you happen to have a date for prom, by any chance?" He asked, and lit another cigarette slowly. He let a grape vine grow up his arm slowly, and he handed Chrys a dark violet grape. He but into the skin, nibbling on it, and pulling it off occasionally.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 6/22/2014, 8:30 am

"A date? For prom?" I repeated, unsure of how to answer. I technically didn't, but Morgan and Quinn wanted me to go with them, along with a few others. "No, not really. Some friends of mine wanted to go, but I think they'd understand." I giggled a little, was this his suave way of asking a girl to a dance? "It wasn't obvious at all, no," I thought to myself, taking the grape and eating it. Purple grapes always tasted weird to me, but this one tasted delicious. "I'm guessing that's your power?" I mused, looking at the vine and then to him.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/22/2014, 9:12 am

Noah smiled. He thought about it for a moment. Why not? She was intresting, by all means very pretty, and Noah wouldn't mind going to the dance with her. "It's set, then. What costume are you wearing?" He asked. "If we're going together, we have to go matching." He said and grinned.

He shrugged at her second question. "I can also make people go insane for a minute." He said and popped another grape in his mouth.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 6/23/2014, 1:44 am

I laughed, how could a person be so laid-back all the time? "I'm going as Elsa in her coronation dress. There's slight differences so it won't be so hot, but the basic design is still there." I shut my eyes, trying to think of people that would work with Elsa. If I was going alone, I wouldn't be having this problem. But, Noah was a pleasant change of pace, and Morgan would be fine without one person.

"Insanity. That must prove useful in battle." I found it odd how people could control the way a persons brain works, even for just a minute. "Do you use that often?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/24/2014, 1:07 am

Noah laughed and thought for a bit. "I'm Jack Frost from the guardians, then." He said and laughed. "We'll rock prom pretty hard." He smiled at her and poked her in the side. From his bad boy personality his goofball one was coming through.

"Oh, nah." He shrugged. "I don't use it often." He said and casually put an arm around Chrys. "Still cold?" He asked and smiled politely.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 6/28/2014, 5:03 pm

I laughed. "Sounds fitting. It's a pretty popular ship." I started slipping off the shirt, flesh revealed to cool air. "Nah, I'm fine now. Just a little chill." After taking it off, I presented it to him. My eyes stared up into his, and I laughed again. "So, see you there?"

OOC; Sorry for the short post! Do you wanna make the prom topic? c:
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 6/29/2014, 2:20 am

OOC: Yeah, thats fine! :D I'll make it this afternoon, if thats okay with ya. :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/14/2024, 11:55 am