A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Sword fighting

Sword fighting Empty Sword fighting

Post by Guest 6/6/2014, 5:21 pm

Petra walked into the arena with her sword and shield. Ever since she had received her new weapons, she had been training quite frequently and had gotten pretty good at it. She attacked a dummy furiously and in no time it was mangled with its head hanging off like Nearly Headless Nick. She got another 3 dummies and did a move she had learned from Legend Of Zelda-the spin slice. The torsos of the dummies flew everywhere and Petra paused for a moment to regain her breath.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Sword fighting Empty Re: Sword fighting

Post by Steve Rogers 6/6/2014, 8:18 pm

A monstrous-looking boy entered the arena followed by a lioness. He had a metal leg, which squeaked and clanged loudly as he walked; his skin was mismatched from countless skin-graphts and mottled with steadily aging pink scars from a horrible accident involved a burning building and two months in a coma. He wasn't hideous, persay, and in all fairness, he had great hair: it was messy, thick, and jet-black, sticking out in directions that shouldn't have been physically possible. He had bright, intelligent, golden eyes and a light German accent masked by years of rehearsed American.

This boy, Demetrius, was broken. Broken, yes, but looks can be deceiving. Through his injuries he had found solace in his life: he had never been happier and more at piece. He was, for the first time in his life, finally able to accept the demons of his past and let them go.

He and his lioness, Nyro, strolled casually into the arena to get in a little bit of practice and exercise. The fire and subsequent scarring had stolen Demetrius' dexterity and flexibility: It would take months and months of rigorous exercise, training and therapy before he would be able to return to his prime physical condition, but with several months already under his belt, he'd made tremendous progress and the future was looking bright.

Removing a practice sword from its sheath, Demetrius swung at the dummies with stiff and jerky movements. The son of Bastet carried on a humorous conversation with his lioness, who had proven to be his most loyal friend.

Post by Guest 6/6/2014, 9:21 pm

Petra looked to the entrance of the arena as a large boy came into the arena, a boy riddled with scars and bruises. He took a sword out and talked to a-a lioness. Wow. Petra hadn't seen a lioness ever since South Africa. She attacked the dummies a bit more, but then gave in to temptation. She walked over to the boy and his lioness. "M-may I....um...may I, you know...." She trailed off and pointed to the lioness.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/6/2014, 10:19 pm

Demetrius' eyes narrowed not trusting the motives of the young individual. His eyes flickered back and forth between the lioness and the young girl. He met Nyro's eyes and, in response, she gave him a curt nod. "Yeah, go for it," He said with a shrug. He went back to slashing the dummies (with heavily flawed technique due to his injuries.)

Post by Guest 6/6/2014, 11:09 pm

Petra reached out slowly towards the lioness, careful to make no sudden movements so she would not be perceived as an enemy. Eventually, her hand reached the large cat and she stroked the lioness's head slowly. "What's you two's names?" Petra asked as the cat faintly purred.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/7/2014, 2:02 am

"Her name's Nyro, and I'm Demetrius. And you are...?" Demetrius asked cautiously.

OOC I'm sorry for the really, really, really short post

Post by Guest 6/7/2014, 7:51 am

OOC: it's fine :D
    BIC: Those are interesting names thought Petra. "I'm Petra Willowsmith, daughter of Harmonia, cabin leader and et cetera and so on and so on." She said. She stroked Nyro some more then said, "It's nice to meet you two."

Last edited by The Heart of Gold on 6/7/2014, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/7/2014, 10:59 am

"She came from the Masi Maura in Kenya, I think. Poachers got her when she was just a cub. She was put in some dirty zoo. Then, a girl named Svetlana stole her away and brought her to camp. But Svetlana was bat-crap crazy. I mean, psycopathic murderer crazy. She used a shock collar to make Nyro more aggressive. Then, I found her out in the woods after Svetlana died," Demetrius explained.

I like this one. Nyro purred happily, clearly approving the attention. Can we keep her?

Demetrius rolled his eyes. "My mom's Bastet. So, I can talk to cats, you see,"

Post by Guest 6/7/2014, 11:11 am

"That's horrible!" Petra said. "Poachers at early age, shock collars, and psychopaths all in one lifetime. Absolutely horrible." She said sadly. "You can talk to cats, eh? That must be really useful." She said.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/7/2014, 6:31 pm

"Yeah, not really," Demetrius snorted.

Demetrius! Nyro snapped. Demetrius shrugged.

OOc Again, super short post, I'm sorry

Post by Guest 6/7/2014, 6:39 pm

OOC: trust me, it's fine. You don't have to apologize for short posts, it happens to everyone :)
    BIC: "I'd absolutely love to have that power." Petra said longingly. "I don't have any special abilities, but I specialize in close combat, mainly with my hidden blades," she said and flicked her wrists as her blades came out from her sleeve, " and my sword and shield that I recently acquired." She said and pulled her weapons off her back. 
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/7/2014, 9:38 pm

Demetrius smiled faintly at the comment, although he could work up the courage to meet her eyes. He'd never been very social, and despite his happiness, the anti-social aspect of his persona still effected him. "Cool," was all he said.

Post by Guest 6/7/2014, 11:30 pm

"So...." Petra said and trailed off, but then said ,"Do you want to have a duel?" She asked. She hadn't had one in a week or so, ever since she met Juliana.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/7/2014, 11:55 pm

Demetrius' eye flickered nervously back and forth. He wasn't sure if his physical limitations would allow for a a successful battle. But he was always willing to find out. This kid was, what, four years younger than he was? How hard could it be? "Sure,"

Post by Guest 6/8/2014, 12:09 am

"Okay. I'm read when you are." Petra said and stood in position, knees slightly bent, shield hefted up to her chest. 
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/8/2014, 12:47 am

Stretching out his forever stiff muscles, Demetrius raised his word. "Come on, then,"

Post by Guest 6/8/2014, 12:53 am

Petra advanced on Demetrius very slowly. In a spinning motion, she brought the sword down onto Demetrius's right shoulder.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/8/2014, 10:29 am

Demetrius raised his blade and blocked her slash, although he winced at the stretched feeling the motion evoked. "Come on, you don't have to take it so easy on me!" He exclaimed, a small smile slipping onto his face. He was excited for the battle: he finally felt at ease with himself and with Petra.

He quickly drew his blade back and aimed a slash at her midsection.

Post by Guest 6/8/2014, 11:50 am

Petra saw him wince but then she grinned. "No problem." She said. Petra brought her shield to her side and deflected the shock, but the power sent vibrations through her body and she shuddered. She felt like she had unlocked a part of Demetrius that was truly happy and open, a person that wouldn't care about the bad things in life. 
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/8/2014, 8:42 pm

Once again, Demetrius slashed in the same spot, hoping the reverberations would overpower her.

Post by Guest 6/8/2014, 8:49 pm

Petra blocked with her sword this time, but it still sent a shock through her. For a second she was dazed, but then ran forward and slammed her shield into Demetrius.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 4:16 am