A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

There is no fault in these stars

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

There is no fault in these stars Empty There is no fault in these stars

Post by sienna 6/17/2014, 8:43 pm

There is no fault in these stars 2gOHBrt
    Leah Howard dropped her bag on the grassy area in front of the observatory. It was late, around ten pm, and she probably wasn't supposed to be out there. Not that she cared. She had found out a week ago that one of the best spots to see the stars was around the observatory. It probably was because of some magical thingy that kept the clouds away so people could use the telescope. Leah glanced at the sky, looking for something she knew was there. Sure enough, in the north east quadrant of the sky, she could see the constellation Virgo and the planet Mars right next to it. And then Leah got to work, she set up a tripod, pulled out her camera and checked to make sure it was set to the right IPO, and attached the remote release. Then she attached the camera and pointed it up towards the constellation, clicking the remote release button and sitting back on the grass waiting to hear the click of the camera.

There is no fault in these stars Empty Re: There is no fault in these stars

Post by Guest 6/17/2014, 9:29 pm

A son of Hermes was dozing off upstairs in the observatory. He was worn out from hours of practice woth the Apollo kids and now his energy was drained. He has probably been in the observatory for a few hours now, tossing and turning on his beach blanket.
    Wyatt Ortiz's eyes fluttered open to the sound of shuffling. The seventeen year old groggily sat up and rubbed his eyes. As far as he knew, Wyatt was the only person who comes into the old observatory. Wyatt looked over the railing to see a girl playing with a camera. How late was it? He came to the observatory around eight. It was darker out, he could assume it was atleast tenish.
    Wyatt stood up slowly and leaned on the railing. He watched the girl take pictures. She was probay charting Virgo, he was pretty sure that was out tonight.
    "Hi."
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/17/2014, 10:05 pm

There is no fault in these stars Bebf2JZ
    There came a voice, from higher up in the vicinity. Leah had just set up another shot, and looked up to where the sound had originated. There was a guy, around her age, leaning on the railing. She could barely see his face, it was so dark up there. "Hi there," Leah responded slowly, looking at the boy suspiciously. Had he been there the whole time? She probably should be more vigilant from now on, instead of getting lost in her own little world. "Sorry if I'm bothering you. I'm just taking pictures." Leah heard the click of the lens and glanced at her camera, "But I can leave, if you want to be alone." The whole situation reminded her of the Phantom of the Opera, but instead of a mad man with half a face, she got... whoever this person was. Plus, she would be flattering herself if she called herself Christine Daaé. No, Leah's story has yet to be written. All in good time.

Post by Guest 6/17/2014, 10:33 pm

"No it's fine, please, stay." The Brazilian's accent was heavy as he spoke, and he had to remember to slow his speech down as he spoke. Wyatt wrapped his blanket around him as he ran down the spiral stairs to see the girl.
    "Are you charting or something? I know Virgo is visible tonight. It's one of my favorites, Taurus is my favorite, actually."
    Wyatt paused, deciding if he should approach the girl. He did just interrupt what she was doing. But she was doing something with stars. And the celestial objects always perked his interest. That's why he naps in the observatory and continuously charts the stars. He finds them absolutely beautiful. Anyone who is in the observatory must think the same, right?
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/17/2014, 11:25 pm

There is no fault in these stars 1wLebdd
    The boy's accent became clearer when she heard him speak again. Leah wasn't familiar with it, probably south america or something like that. When he came closer, Leah tensed up a bit. She wasn't used to meeting strangers in the dead of night in the middle of an abandoned observatory. Part of her wondered that if this was going to turn out like Frenzy, and they'd find her the next morning strangled with a necktie. Okay, maybe she's seen too many movies.
    Leah calmed down when the guy mentioned the stars, she liked the stars. "Uh, not really." the brunette replied, "It's more art. Y'know those pictures that you see on the internet or whatever? Or the default desktop on a Macintosh computer. I take photographs of that stuff. Except I still haven't figured out how to connect my camera to the telescopes here, so I can't take pictures of nebulae or galaxies like I can at home. Here I just take pictures of the night sky. If you wanna see..." Leah took her camera off the tripod and switched to the last few pictures she had taken. Sure enough, she had caught the constellation virgo, complete with mars in the corner.

Post by Guest 6/18/2014, 12:37 pm

Wyatt let out a small laugh when the girl made the comment about the computer screensaver.
    "Oh, well pictures are cool too." Wyatt smiled. His mother took photos of the constillations too. She sent her son photos of Hydra last week. The son of Hermes leaned in to examine the pictures.
    "Wow." He whispered. His smile widened as he saw the pictures, they were breathtaking.
    "You're very good at taking these photos, they're amazing," he paused to fix his blanket, "I'm Wyatt." he extended his hand for her to shake, still smiling.
    Ooc//this is too short.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/18/2014, 4:56 pm

There is no fault in these stars Mp5frNf
    Leah smiled, pleased someone else liked her work. Ok, he probably wasn’t a serial killer. More... ninth doctor. “Thanks. I still have to upload them onto my computer and fix the curves and color balance and stuff like that. Then they’ll be ready to show off.” The brit flipped through another couple photos from a few days prior, “Not that anyone looks at them.” Leah commented to herself. Leah was one of those starving artist types. The kind that have the unrealized talent. Like Van Gogh. Except she wasn’t as good as Van Gogh. She just kept all her developed photos in a bunch of shoe boxes under her bed. She had three boxes filled with photos of the stars, and then another three filled with photos of nature and cities. Maybe some day someone will find them and put them in a museum.
    Leah shook Wyatt’s hand, glad to be able to put a name to his face. “Leah Howard.” She responded.

Post by Guest 6/18/2014, 5:30 pm

Wyatt frowned, "You should put them up in the art room, a lot of Apollo kids put their stuff up there. I have a hand turkey somewhere in the art room, I have to say it's my best work." Wyatt ventured of from where he was originally standing to find the control panel. Once there, the son of Hermes flipped on the rest of the lights. It was a little too dark in the observatory for two teenagers to have a discussion. It was kind of weird/creepy.
    Wyatt moved over to the closet, pulling out a few bean bags. The son of Hermes spends a lot of time in the observatory, he has anything a teen in this generation needed. He has bottles of water, food, bean bags, blankets, he had a child of Athena install a television recently so he and his friends could watch FIFA.
    Wyatt jumped onto the blue bean bag, motioning for Leah to join him. He assumed she didn't want to stand the whole time they talked. He knew he didn't, Wyatt's legs were sore and he wasn't in any mood to stand for much longer.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/18/2014, 6:38 pm

There is no fault in these stars 8aefAlS
    Leah shrugged, not really wanting to get into a conversation on why she didn’t post her work everywhere. To put it simply, she was afraid that people would think it was stupid. Yep, call the police, Leah Howard cares about what others think of her. It’s an abomination. When the lights were on, Leah got a proper look of the observatory. It looked like doctor frankenstein’s laboratory, without all of the torture devices. Honestly it didn’t look any less creepy with the lights on. Still, there was some pretty interesting stuff lying around. Old star maps, broken telescopes, random junk just sitting there. There were a lot of broken things, abandoned on piles of other broken things. Some of the stuff looked like it was from ancient greece, and she could’ve sworn she saw an old walkman left next to a pile of books. Old mixed in with the (barely) new.
    The daughter of Aphrodite ambled over to the bean bag chair, sitting down cross legged and scanning the observatory again.
    “This place looks like it belongs in a retro science fiction movie. Just make everything black and white, add Boris Karloff, and you’ve got Frankenstein or The Body Snatcher,” Leah paused, “Or Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Except that technically doesn’t count because it was animated.”

Post by Guest 6/18/2014, 9:02 pm

Wyatt laughed, observing the room. To him, he really didn't see it like she described it. He guessed it was like olfactory fatigue, after a period of time, Wyatt got use of the creepy aesthetic.
    "I think this place would be cooler in black and white. The whole vibe would seem cooler than what it is now."
    Wyatt leaned back into the beanbag smiling. He liked talking to people. It didn't matter if it was a complete stranger, like Leah, he wants to talk to everyone. Besides, Leah seemed cool. She liked the same thing that Wyatt liked. If she liked soccer as well that would be cool. Cooler than cool, actually.
    Wyatt sat back up straight, looking back up at Leah. It was weird that he didn't  actually know Leah. He thought he knew everyone at camp. Wyatt did consider himself fairly popular. And he was pretty sure that meant that he knew everyone. But he guessed not, and that was really weird for him.
    "I'd like to get to know you more." He said. A few seconds later he added, "Okay, maybe that sounded weird, or maybe it sounded seductive and cool. Maybe not." He shrugged, "But still, I want to know."
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/18/2014, 10:19 pm

There is no fault in these stars CjihnCh

Leah raised an eyebrow, “Weird.” She stated, “Definitely weird. But, what the hell. I was born in 1996 to Aphrodite and Samuel Howard in Liverpool, UK. Dad’s a primary school teacher. Year three. I came to camp ‘bout... two years ago. In my free time I take photos, of basically anything. As long as it isn’t food or selfies. Those drive me crazy. I am five foot two, and I absolutely hate it. I speak french. I like watching movies, any genre and year. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them all. That good enough for you?” Leah smirked and looked over to him.

Post by Guest 6/18/2014, 10:52 pm

He smiled,"You're a whole foot shorter than me."
    Height was always a funny thing for Wyatt. He's one of the tallest kids I'm his bunk. He towers above most of his friends, guy and girl. Now here was a girl who was a whole foot shorter than him. He suddenly felt self-conscious about standing up again.
    "I figured you liked movies, or maybe you reference the book version but Body Snatchers is a pretty old movie, I mean if you count 1993 old." Wyatt shrugged, " they did remake it in 2007 too."
    Ooc-short
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/19/2014, 12:14 am

There is no fault in these stars XSeZ0iy
    Leah rolled her eyes, “You don’t have to rub it in.” Yeah, one time some lady thought she was thirteen. She doesn’t even look thirteen, just because she’s short, doesn’t mean that she’s young. “Oh, I was talking about The Body Snatcher from 1945. It’s a Val Lewton film. I saw it with my dad when I was eleven, nearly scared me half to death.” Leah was about to explain how it was a different film, and that Body Snatchers was still a great movie, when the lights started to flicker. They stayed that way for a minute, before the Observatory was reduced to darkness. “Speaking of horror films... This is like The Old Dark House. Which also starred Boris Karloff! Man, I am on a roll today.” Leah laughed at her humor for a moment, before getting serious, “Is there a circuit breaker or something? That’s usually what causes the power outages in the movies. Well, that and homicidal maniacs.”

Post by Guest 6/19/2014, 4:39 pm

"Sounds scary." Wyatt replied. He smiled as she said she was on a roll. Leah has been talking about vintage movies since he told her his name. He thought it was cool that she was into something and would talk about it.
    Wyatt flipped his curls out of his face. He should probably get his hair cut soon. It was neck length, but that's super long in his standers.
    Then the lights went out.
    The lights never go out in the observatory. It's old, but the nerdier kids fix the lighting in here every month.
    It was dimly lit, but you could still see Wyatt's puzzled face. The son of Hermes walked over to the circuit panel. Wyatt kept on flipping the switches hopelessly even after he knew they weren't working.
    "I don't know what would be the source of this. There's no storm, nothing's wrong with the panel, they just checked it last week."
    Wyatt really didn't understand what was going on. At first he thought that it was his father, Hermes, trying to be an a**hole. He's only met his father a few times, and it was the same routine. Trick, say something embarrising, then ask him about girls. He never asked how soccer was going, or even how his mother was. Wyatt never understood why Hermes always asked about girls. Was he going to give Wyatt tips on how to leave girls like he left his mother?
    Maybe Hermes wasn't the person to blame for this one. One of his siblings? They're outstandingly annoying, first of. They probably saw him having an actually nice time and then wanted to ruin it.
    Then again, it's ten o'clock at night. Who would wake up to ruin Wyatt's life.
    It could be Leah, she looks smart. She definitely beat the 'typical Aphrodite' stereotype. She could be controlling the whole thing.
    Stop it Wyatt.
    Leah is a nice girl, hopefully. He needs to stop being paranoid.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/19/2014, 7:23 pm

There is no fault in these stars YZykGlw
    Leah stood up, no longer smiling, and went over to the circuit board. She tried a bunch of the switches herself, but nothing worked. She decided to retract the statement she made earlier, the observatory was most definitely creepier with the lights off. Leah glanced over at her companion. Was this his doing? Maybe she shouldn’t have moved off the Frenzy theory too quickly.
    “Y’know what? It’s late, I should be getting back.” Leah said, moving towards the door. She’d get her camera tomorrow once people knew where she was. Except the door wouldn’t open. Leah shook the knob and pushed harder on the door, even putting her shoulder into it. Her heart rate spiked, and she turned quickly towards Wyatt. “I’ll have you know that I have a knife on me, if you try and hurt me, I won’t be afraid to use it.” Ok, so maybe she was bluffing. She actually had nothing on her. Besides her charming personality and endless amount of movie references. But she was not about to become the girl in horror movies that thinks screaming is a good solution to her problems.

Post by Guest 6/19/2014, 7:46 pm

The door wasn't opening. Of course the door didn't open. It's Camp Half-Blood and no teenager can go through the day like any normal person. But no. They're not human, they're demigods. Apparently demigods are basically a different species.
    And they are a different species. Wyatt was pretty sure no one outside of camp threatens a normal person with a knife.
    "Oh, yeah, blame the Brazilian, that's racist." The son of Hermes couldn't help but to laugh. Sure, the two teenagers are trapped in a creepy observatory with the power off; but hey, he was a funny person.
    Anywho, Wyatt approached her slowly with his hands in the air. "Now, Leah Howard. My name is Wyatt Ortiz. I am a futbol player, and I might add that I am very good at it. I have many friends who enjoy my company. Now, I may be some weird Hermes kid that lives in the observatory. But I would never, never, lock myself in here, shut off the power, and lock myself in with a daughter of Aphrodite and no food. No offense to you of course. You seem like a charming person, you're work is brilliant, really, I want some of those pictures; but I don't like being threatened."
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/19/2014, 8:35 pm

There is no fault in these stars 7bDTiic
    Leah leaned against the door, her lips pursed. She stared at him for a moment, trying to decide if she should believe him. Finally she sighed and pushed herself off the door, crossing the room in search of something to get them out of here. “Do you happen to know anyone who would lock us in here? Because I’m beat.” She asked, stepping onto a platform near the stairs. There was a large window there, but it didn’t open. Leah wiped away some of the dirt on the pane and peered out. All she could see was forest. They could always try smashing the window, but the glass was thick.
    OOC: Shorrrt.

Post by Guest 6/19/2014, 9:10 pm

"No, don't say you're sorry, it's fine I forgive you." Wyatt rolled his eyes, tapping on one of the telescopes. "I mean I killed my friend in futbol, but I don't think he's that pissed." No, he really didn't kill the kid. Unless you count not letting him score once. But hey, Wyatt doesn't like to lose.
    The blonde met Leah to the platform, "I mean while we're stuck here, we can have fun. I told you I practically live here. We have food and water and music. It can be a little party for star nerds like us, please?"
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/19/2014, 9:55 pm

There is no fault in these stars REgGOIG
    Leah glanced at the window again and then back at Wyatt. “We’re trapped in a creepy observatory with no power and no one knows we’re here, except the person who is keeping us here.” Leah laughed at the sheer craziness of Wyatt’s idea, “Sorry if I’m not really in the partying mood.” Leah walked past Wyatt again and started to shift through a pile of junk in hope of finding a key or something.
    OOC: short again

Post by Guest 6/19/2014, 10:29 pm

Wyatt grinned, walking over to Leah. Leaning onto a crate he said, "Do you like to have fun, Leah Howard?" It was a simple question. Wyatt knew he liked to have fun; he's like the king of fun. But he was wondering the same about Leah.
    Idea.
    Wyatt moved over to his old radio and pressed play. Robbers, by The 1975 started to carry through the observatory. Wyatt walked to Leah once more, grabbing her hands. "Lighten up." He whispered. The son of Hermes looked over his shoulder, something was in here with the two. Wyatt shrugged it off, he needed to focus on other things.
    It's not like he wanted to dance with Leah. Yeah she was pretty, and she liked what he liked. Wyatt just...well Wyatt didn't really know. He was attracted to her, in all honesty. A non social daaughter of Aphrodite peaked his interest.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/19/2014, 11:19 pm

There is no fault in these stars DxRoUy9 There is no fault in these stars 7P7a7AB
    Leah glanced over at him, “Of course.” she said, looking back at the pile of stuff. As music flooded the room, Leah kept her eyes on the things. Whatever Wyatt was doing wasn’t going to get them out of here. Of course, when he grabbed her hands, she couldn’t exactly ignore him. “What’re you-” She started to say, but then they were dancing. It wasn’t a formal dance with the twirling and his hand on her waist. She actually didn’t know what to call it. It wasn’t like a prom dance where the two people would be really close to each other. It reminded her of something out of an 80’s movie. She tried not to smile, she really did. But after a minute her expression softened into a smile. Wyatt was something special. He had this vibe about him, this fun loving vibe that Leah couldn’t help but like. “You’re insane.” Leah said quietly, “You know that, right?” But she didn’t pull away, instead, she got a little closer. Completely forgetting the whole situation. She looked closer into her new companion’s eye’s trying to read his intentions.

The brunette was just about to say something else, before the air got cold. And then out of the corner of her eye, she saw the blur of a cream colored object falling. Right next to her, there was the sound of shattering, and she felt tiny shards of glass hit her ankle. Leah yelped out of surprise and jumped backwards, letting go of Wyatt’s hands. She hadn’t meant to scream, except randomly falling objects do tend to scare a person. Leah looked down to see the remains of a tan colored sphere. She knelt down, and examined the pieces, it looked like blown glass, and each shard was colored with different colors of creame and beige. Leah looked up to see a large model of a solar system hanging near the roof of the observatory. One planet was missing, the one that had fallen to the ground. The second one from the sun. Venus. It had to be some kind of coincidence. Nevertheless, Leah felt panicked. She looked at Wyatt, her eye’s wide, unable to form a sentence.

Post by Guest 6/19/2014, 11:46 pm

It was weird, only knowing a person for two hours and then suddenly you were less than arms distance apart, dancing in the moonlight. Not that a certain someone minded. No, Wyatt Ortiz was enjoying himself dancing with Leah. She puzzled him, yet amazed him at the same time. Would he admit that, no.
    Foreheads touching, there was something brewing between them. But not what Wyatt wanted. The sister planet to earth crashed down infront of the teenagers. Wide eyed, Wyatt jumped back as debris fell everywhere.
    There were many things ironic about the situation. The first being that Wyatt had climbed on the model days before, and used it as a swing. The second, well it was a werid one. He planet named after the roman goddess of love fell to their feet. Wyatt couldn't worry about that now, he worried for Leah. Wyatt's hands amediently grabbed her shoulders, a look of panic was on his face,
    "Are you hurt?"
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/20/2014, 12:24 am

There is no fault in these stars CwTqRNH
    Leah was a little surprised at the amount of worry Wyatt showed for her. She shook her head,
    “No. Just a little shaken up.” Leah knelt down again and picked up a piece of the broken planet. “Do you think it’s a threat?” Leah looked up, “Against me? I mean, I’m a child of Aphrodite. Aphrodite is Venus. And Venus just crashed to the floor.” Why would someone want to hurt her? It's not like she ever did anything wrong. She wasn't asking for this to happen. Leah tried not to look scared. Sure, she had seen hundreds of horror movies before, and they didn’t really scare her anymore. But living a horror film, well, that’s a bit different.
    All she wanted to do was take pictures of the stars. Really. Then she finds herself in a situation suited for Alfred Hitchcock.

Post by Guest 6/20/2014, 11:56 am

Wyatt's mouth was open, but no words came out. He was still in shock. There's definitely something in here with them. The wires on the planets were sturdy, the panel was just checked on, and the knobs, well the knobs were perfectly fine. He didn't want to tell Leah that he was 95 percent sure that there was something else in the observatory.
    But was it watching them? Wyatt shuddered, he hated to think someone was watching him do things. It  was creepy Especially thinking that he thought he was having a moment with Leah, but..someone was watching.
    Wyatt knelt down to Leah, "I doubt anyone wants to hurt Aphrodite. Venus is different from the greek version. If Venus fell, then Venus is in trouble, not your mom." He smiled a little. Wyatt didn't want to set Leah off in some sort of  frenzy. If Kira Ortiz was in any sort of trouble. Wyatt would go super comando and go after the perp. WHo knows what Leah would do.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/20/2014, 7:38 pm

There is no fault in these stars AbnbD0J
    Leah appreciated that Wyatt was trying to reassure her, but she wasn’t completely convinced. “Venus, Aphrodite; they’re the same person. Same body, same god, their personalities are basically the same. And, I seriously don’t care if they have some sort of grudge against my mum. Seriously, if they want to take it up with her, I’m not going to stop them. But something tells me that they’d rather have me. Now, if I only knew what-” Before Leah could finish, there was a blow to her chest.Everything afterwards happened in a flash. The air was knocked out of her, sending her to the ground. She couldn’t even draw a breath before she found herself being shot backwards, into an open closet. Leah’s head made contact with the stone wall, disorienting her as the door shut. Leah started to cough, trying to catch her breath and get her vision to steady. There was a dull ache in the back of her head, although she was more preoccupied with the fact that she just got thrown into a closet. She knew it was locked before she even tried the door knob. “Wyatt?” Leah called, banging on the door, “can you try and open the door from the other side?” The closet was small, about 25 square feet. Leah didn’t do well with small spaces. She was claustrophobic, and freaked out when she was in places bigger than this. She did her best to keep her breathing steady and not have a panic attack, although she probably wasn’t going to be able to keep it up for long.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 9:16 am