A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

What Happens When I'm Bored :3

Sorry, I'm Awkward, Sorry

Female
    Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2014-06-16

What Happens When I'm Bored :3 Empty What Happens When I'm Bored :3

Post by Sorry, I'm Awkward, Sorry 6/17/2014, 11:25 pm

Hey guys! I was bored so I started to doodle around and I drew a rough sketch of one of my characters, Jael West. I know it's not the best, I'm new at drawing people, but it's way better than what I used to draw. I figured I might as well get an opinion on it. This is what I had first:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/90/23/65/72a0a110.jpg

So I got on one of my editing apps and did some tracing and junk, and I'm not near done, but this is what I have at the moment:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/90/23/65/picsar10.jpg

Yeesh. I'm fairly new, so I know it's not that spectacular, but I'm working on improving. Please tell me what you honestly think. Heh, art's not my strength...
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

What Happens When I'm Bored :3 Empty Re: What Happens When I'm Bored :3

Post by mabel pines 6/18/2014, 10:32 am

everyone's got room for improvement, and so do you, but i think you show some great potential! with some more practice i think you could be doing some awesome stuff

Female

Post by Sorry, I'm Awkward, Sorry 6/18/2014, 12:07 pm

Thanks! Thanks for being honest, your the first person who really has. :)
    Davis
    Davis
    JAEGERRRRRRR

Female
    Number of posts : 1153
    Registration date : 2012-03-18

Post by Davis 6/18/2014, 8:21 pm

scoots butt across carpet
    sniffs the new artist

fiiiiirst off, i can tell by your name and the way you're asking for opinions that your self esteem needs a little work. Have pride in what you create! As was stated, every artist, new and old, famous or not, can and will improve with practice. Look at what you have now and save it, and enjoy it. Because if you keep up with working you'll look back on the piece and see the improvement you've made and it will bring joy and motivation. /o/

The art itseeeelf is pretty good for being new. o: You seem to have a good grasp on small details, i.e. the depth of the neck and creases at the elbows, plus the light shining off the eyes. One thing to remember about the eyes is that the light is going to hit them both similar ways. Like you have the light in each eye on the opposite side, but if it's more towards the right of one eye, it should be more towards the right of the other, too, not left.

What Happens When I'm Bored :3 Catchlights7

Like there the light is in the same place in both eyes. Hopefully I'm explaining this in a non confusing way lmao

The way you did the braids was pretty cool, as well as the bangs with individual strands out of place to make it see more realistic. The shoulders are a little bit broad and more on the masculine side, which might be her thing idk anything about the character, but if you lowered them a bit from the neck and slanted the scoop of the shoulder meeting th neck, I think that may help.

Anyway like I said it's a great drawing for a beginner and I hope you stick with it. ovo

Female

Post by Sorry, I'm Awkward, Sorry 6/18/2014, 8:49 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I'll work on the eyes and the shoulders. Now... *sprays with hose* No butt-scooting on the carpet! ;)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 9:17 am