A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Preparing for prom

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Preparing for prom Empty Preparing for prom

Post by Morgan Landry 6/20/2014, 6:51 am

Apprehension had been in the air all day, seeing most of the Campers were looking forward to the prom eagerly -- including myself. With Chrys and Emma, my closest persons here at Camp with Quinn, Zack and Hammer, we had decided to prepare together for prom.
    Walking back from the Arena, I was chatting with Zach, from the Athena's, before patting his shoulder as I reached my cabin. "See you at prom!" I told him, smiled, and went into the dark building that was my home.
    My real home.

I tossed my heavy hoplon onto my bunk bed, making the mattress wince as the stygian iron landed. There weren't many people right now, just one of my younger sisters, Gemma, to whom I smiled before getting to my trunk. I had bought together an outfit, I just hoped it would look alright.
    courier six
    courier six

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2014-05-09

Preparing for prom Empty Re: Preparing for prom

Post by courier six 6/20/2014, 8:07 am

I walked into the cabin, looking at a magazine of hairstyles I borrowed from a daughter of Aphrodite. Having practiced most of my life, I was capable of reading something and not tripping on stairs or dust bunnies or whatever. As I flipped through the magazine, I noticed there weren't a lot of styles with straighter hair, most models had soft curls in princess-esque twirls and buns. Too bad I forgot my hair curler, not that I ever used it.
      I looked up to see Morgan, one of my favorite people to hang around, and smiled. "Hey Morgan!" I chirped, closing the book and putting it under my arm. "How was training?" I half-deduced she just came back from the arena, as she had her hoplon with her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/20/2014, 8:50 am

"Chrys!" I happily exclaimed and came to hug her.

She was a bit taller than me and had this scent of earth and plants about her I really liked. She was browsing a magazine at which I glanced, seeing upside-down pictures of hairstyles.

"Training was awesome," I replied. "Though, those Athena kids are sometimes quite a mouthful to swallow."

Chuckling, I pointed at her magazine. "Hairstyles? For prom, right?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 6/20/2014, 5:54 pm

Emma Diablo

Prom was rolling in and Emma had promised Morgan that she would get ready with her and some other girls that Morgan knew. Honestly, prom wasn't Emma's thing but Morgan had pleaded for her to join them. So here she was, making her way to the Hecate cabin.
    Summer was around the corner and the weather has gotten hotter. So today, Emma was wearing something to beat the heat; a mesh gray tank top with the words Music Is My Drug printed in bold black letters on the front, black shorts with spikes on one side, a black leather vest, checker board high tops, and a bunch of different rubber bracelets on her arms. Her hair was wrapped up in a messy ponytail, her piercing blue eyes scanning the crowd of demigods rushing past her.
    Finally, Emma found herself on the front step of the Hecate cabin. Instead of knocking, the Australian barged right in, her eyes locking on Morgan talking to another girl.

"Hey Theano." she greeted, her deep voice sounding out.

Your Not Saving Me, So Stop Trying

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/21/2014, 4:46 pm

"Emma!!" I happily said and went to clasp her shoulder then hug her. She was one of the only persons to call me by my real name, Theano, and I kind of liked that. Like, really liked that. "So, what's your outfit gonna be? I chose one of my childhood dreams and ..." I went to my trunk and pulled my outfit out. "Tadaaaa! Lucy of Narnia!"

It was a dress with a long red skirt, opened medieval-style to reveal a white cotton dress under it. The top was a mixture between a boyish blouse and a corset, with a steampunk-styled leather belt-- without the gears and wires of course. I mean, I'm Lucy of Narnia. Of course, the vial and dagger went with it, as well as the little silver crown I asked Nyssa to forge for me.

"I'm going with Hanson, he's King Peter of Narnia," I added, grinning. We would rock dat party, bishes.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/21/2014, 5:37 pm

LETS DO SOME CRIMES

Morgan had brought Emma into a death hug and Emma thought she was going to suffocate. She knew her friend was strong but she almost died. She may be exaggerating but she thought she could feel her ribs crack. The Australian was more than happy when Morgan let her out've the hug, the girl gasping for air.

"Man, ya sure are strong! I can feel it in my ribs!" She joked, chuckling a little. Morgan was one of the only ones who can make her smile, that and Adan, even though she had just met him. Emma had just realized how the other girl hadn't said a thing since she came in and it made her feel awkward. With a grunt, she plopped her skull backpack on Morgan's bed.
    She was planning on going as Maleficent for the ball, though she no one to go with. Rummaging through her bag, she pulled out the items of her costume; a black halter dress that went up to her knees that had a black buckle belt attached to it, black gloves that only started at her elbow and stopped a little past her wrist, no fingers and outlined in purple, purple boots that had a line of buckles trailing up and black on the bottom, a black shawl, and she had managed to borrow the headdress from the Hermes campers earlier to complete the costume.

"I'm going as Maleficent but I don't have anyone to go with." Emma explained to Morgan, showing her the costume.

JUST FOR FUN

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/22/2014, 5:23 am

"Oh by Ares, I'm so sorry!" I gasped, letting her go. I had grown stronger ever since my Quest; it had been a taste of real life and I knew I had to get better in order to survive and live this demigod life. That meant training. And who could help me train best, if not my Quest buddy Hammer, the son of Cratus?

When Emma pulled her outfit out, my eyes widened.

"Dayum, gurl, that's one hot dress." I playfully bit my lip and wriggled my eyebrows. "Wanna date?"
    courier six
    courier six

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2014-05-09

Post by courier six 6/22/2014, 7:36 am

I looked on in curiosity. Morgan had brought a friend over; was her name Emma? Anna? Something along those lines. To be honest, I felt a little jealous. I thought this was supposed to be Hecate's daughters getting ready, not just any demigod who decided to wander in. But, then again, I guess Underworld kids have to stick together. Swallowing my pride, I walked over to her and waved to her. "Hi there! I'm Chrys, it's nice to meet you," I said. Morgan asked me about the magazine. "Yeah, it's for prom. I'm not sure what to go with, though."

Emma and Morgan were talking, and I flipped through the magazine some more. They showed off their dresses, Morgan was going as Lucy from Narnia (a series I was in love with) and Emma was going as Maleficent (one of the coolest Disney villans). I oohed and aahed at them, and walked over to my bunk for my dress. "I'm going as a newer character," I started. With a swooshing noise, I brought out my dress. It was a version of Elsa's coronation dress; cool blue fabric with darker reddish-purple rosemaling going just above my ankles with loose and feathery black sleeves. I decided to forego the cape, as well as the longer sleeves, as it would have unbearbly hot with that. "The moment I saw her dress, I fell in love with it." I added, crooning at the beauty of my dress. I didn't mean to be stuck-up or anything, but I loved it and I knew I would rock this prom. I smiled, looking up at the two.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/22/2014, 11:56 am

"Oh, Chrys, I'm super sorry. This is Emma, from the Lethe's. She's pretty much my best friend," I added.

My best friend, and friends don't include siblings, do they? Chrys knew she and Quinn were my closest sisters here. Zack had departed to go back to his family, so my best friends right now were Emma and Hanson, the daughter of Lethe, and the son of Apollo. Both were amazing to hang out with, Emma to prank others and break the rules, and Hanson to just chill at the Lake or beach, or anywhere at Camp really, to talk and have fun. He had been giving me some guitar and archery lessons (thanks to him, I was now able to hit the red circle), that's kinda how we got to know one another. And he had showed me some dance moves -- Apollo kids were incredible dancers.

"By Aphrodite, that dress is.... beautiful, Chrys," I gasped as she revealed her dress. "Even though there's no cape.... damn, you're gonna rock it, babe."

The dress was of a dark shade of turquoise blue, flowing from bust to ankles and embellished at the bottom with beautiful designs. Above the cleavage, it was black, with an upstanding collar and shorter sleeves than Elsa's actual dress; it was accented with a narrow violet belt pointing downwards.

"Are you going to do your hair like Elsa did for coronation? You could die it with the help of the Mist," I suggested, but she had probably thought about that already.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Post by jake. 6/22/2014, 12:20 pm

OOC: Morgan said I could just let Quinn stumble in for a few minutes. :3

Quinn hysterically ran into her cabin, looking for her Glass slippers. The black box under her arm contained her Cinderella dress, andd
    As he she ran in, she bumped into Morgan, and Chrys. The other girl she didn't know, but it wasn't bad meeting knew people.
    "Morgan! I need your advice on something. Wait a second." She slippes into the bathroom and found her glass slippers. She layed out her dress. It was blue and wonderfully soft, gems speatd out across the hip part. She got out her glass slippers and her blue velvet ballerinas. "Which ones?" She asked and scrazchwd her head, her long blonde hair with hor pink tips tied into a bun.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 6/22/2014, 1:39 pm

LETS DO SOME CRIMES

"Oh Morgan, you wish." Emma joked back, blowing a kiss at Morgan. Morgan was the only one who can make her joke around, well, except for Adan but still, Morgan was practically her sister.
    Turns out that the other girl's name was Chrys or maybe that was short for something else. Anyway, that didn't matter as Chrys showed the girls her costume. It was a dress that looked like the one Elsa wore in Frozen; it was a darker shade of turquoise blue, flowing all the way to her ankles. But it wasn't an exact copy; the sleeves were shorter and there wasn't a cape.

"Nice dress." Emma murmured not the interested. Like she said, she wasn't that into prom but since her friends were, she thought she should participate.
    Another girl had run into the cabin, a girl with blonde hair and pink tips, and made a beeline to what was probably her bunk. She pulled out a dress that looked like Cinderella's and two pairs of shoes; a pair of high heels that looked like glass and blue ballerina flats. She started talking furiously to Morgan, asking which one she should wear.

"The flats." Emma intervened, rolling her eyes while she pulled out her IPhone 5S. "If your going to a dance, your going to be dancing a lot and wearing heels wouldn't help."

JUST FOR FUN

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/22/2014, 4:22 pm

"Hmmm...." I said, looking at the dress. "How long is it? I mean, Cinderella is known for her glass shoes, so I'd go with that if I were you -- sorry, Emma -- but if the hem of the dress touches the ground, nobody will see, so there wouldn't be any point to it. Not to mention, glass shatters. Do one wrong move and you'll have glass pieces in your ankles."

I examined the shoes further, they were both very beautiful. "The dress is gorgeous, though, Quinn -- are those real gemstones?" I asked touching, one. "This one looks like a lapis-lazuli bead..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 3:57 am