A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

So this is what they call a prom. I'm not impressed. [PRIVATE for The Musical Tardis and Arya Stark]

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

So this is what they call a prom. I'm not impressed. [PRIVATE for The Musical Tardis and Arya Stark] Empty So this is what they call a prom. I'm not impressed. [PRIVATE for The Musical Tardis and Arya Stark]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/26/2014, 8:37 pm

Astrid walked in the Mess Hall, looking down as her embarassment grew even more. So many lights, so many people, music so loud, such a heavy athmosphere. Her feline side thought that she should run away quickly back into the woods, but her heart ordered her to go ahead and find Aurora. She definately had a good reason to go to the first prom of her life. Normal people seemed to be having fun in there, so it couldn't be that bad. Astrid took a deep breath, as she did many times before in that night. She didn't look as awkward as she thought she did. In fact, she looked even beautiful in her improvised evil queen costume. The only thing that definately claimed her as a queen was the small golden crown that lay on the top of her short hair. She even wore some make up, trying to recriate the strong features of Snow White's queen. Anyway, no matter how nice she looked, it would be really more comfortable to wear baggy jeans. But she could deal with it. Yes, she was really intenting to look at least a bit attractive. All that for the girl who she had just met, and already made her heart race. Aurora didn't seem to have arrived yet. Astrid looked around carefully and didn't see her anywhere. Maybe she wouldn't even come after all. Astrid was so silly and ingenuous to invite her. The daughter of Bast sat on one of the many chairs that were dispersed around the dance floor and stared gloomily at the dancing people, as she tried desperately to sit like a lady.

Spoiler:
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

So this is what they call a prom. I'm not impressed. [PRIVATE for The Musical Tardis and Arya Stark] Empty Re: So this is what they call a prom. I'm not impressed. [PRIVATE for The Musical Tardis and Arya Stark]

Post by moriarty 6/27/2014, 1:24 am

I walked into the Mess Hall, which apparently was where Prom was being held. And damn, did it look like prom. I was wearing my white and blue dress with my hair pulled back in a white bow. There were lights everywhere and it was very loud. Lots of people. Perfect for me. I wondered where Astrid was. I was expecting a dark colored dress on her, completely contrary to my white and light blue. I wandered around for a bit, constantly bumping into and apologizing to people. I couldn't find her anywhere. The thought of her being there made me so excited. A girl I just met nonetheless. I hoped I was obviously Belle. I kept looking and wandering around. "Oh my gods! I'm so stupid!" I realized Astrid was an introvert, so I moved to the sides and kept looking for her. I couldn't find her and I sat down in a chair on the side of the Mess Hall.
    OOC: Same side as Astrid, just a few seats down. She doesn't realize Astrid is sitting right there.
    Spoiler:
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

So this is what they call a prom. I'm not impressed. [PRIVATE for The Musical Tardis and Arya Stark] Empty Re: So this is what they call a prom. I'm not impressed. [PRIVATE for The Musical Tardis and Arya Stark]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/28/2014, 6:45 pm

OOC: Sorry for the short post, I'm at a sleepover with my iPod and meh.

Astrid raised her eyes lazily as somebody sat by her side. She recognized Aurora almost immediately, even in her costume. "Hey... Hey! You really came!" She exploded, then seemed to be quite ashamed, and went back looking down. No matter how much happy she was, that would probably be awkward. She waited until Aurora said something, because she wouldn't risk to make a peep.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 6/28/2014, 11:50 pm

OOC: Me too! XD

I stretched my neck up, looking for Astrid when I heard her voice. I turned quickly to see her sitting a few seats down from me. Ugh, how could I be so stupid! She was wearing a dark dress, typical of Astrid, but there was a little crown on her head. "Hi Astrid! Oh course I came!" I got up and stood in front of her. "You look beautiful." I smiled, sitting down best to her. Our dresses were similar, with lacy tops and solid bottoms. It was almost like we picked out dresses to fit our personalities.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/29/2014, 7:57 pm

OOC: NOW WE ARE BOTH APPROVERS! YAAAAAAY! I just wonder why they just told me this later. I was already resigned that I had lost it.

Astrid took a while to realize how her dresses were matching. They hadn't planned anything. Oh, that was so cliche. She could already feel her cheeks getting warmer. "Not as much as you." She smiled softly, looking back at Aurora with shining green eyes. Her self-esteem wasn't exactly on it's higher in that day, but that helped, that definately helped. "This is so awkward." She admitted. "Have you ever been to a prom before? Do you know how to... dance?" All her hopes were on Aurora.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 6/29/2014, 10:08 pm

I smiled widely, looking out at the crowd. There were a variety of people there, from princes to Shrek, evil queens to princesses. "Thank you." I laughed at her comment about it being awkward. "Wull, yeah. It's supposed to be. No one comes to prom prepared." I spaced out a bit, thinking about what it'd be like dancing with Astrid. Hopefully she can dance, because I sure as hell can't. Astrid said something I didn't quite hear other the music and lovey-dovey couples. I began to shout over the noise. "WHAT?"

OOC: it's because Steve Rogers resigned right after approved were announced. I wonder who else applied. I know Jeremy did. I was on the cbox and he was so salty about it.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 6/30/2014, 8:11 pm

Astrid was so nervous that she had already forgotten about whatever she had said. So she just made up a new question, the first thing that popped in her mind. "WOULD YOU LIKE TO DANCE... LATER?" Everybody seemed to turn at them, but maybe it was just Astrid's imagination. She ran her hand through her hair, anxious, and acidentally dropped her crown. "Oh no..." She murmured and leaned to reach it but the place was too overcrowded.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 6/30/2014, 9:38 pm

I was so excited I was bouncing up and down. I was also shaking with nervousness. Astrid shouted a question, that thankfully, I heard this time. The music had quieted down, so I could speak normally. "Yes. But can we wait for a fast song?" I didn't want to slow dance with Astrid just yet. I never learned how to dance, and I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of a potential girlfriend. I saw something clatter to the ground. It was a shiny gold thing, and it was sitting in front of my seat. I grabbed it off the floor quickly. It was a little gold crown. I handed it to Astrid before it got kicked away by the dancing feet.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/2/2014, 10:03 pm

Aurora was really vibrating in excitement. Astrid was just nervous, and she wanted that situation to end as quickly as possible. The amount of dancing people was making her claustrophobic. Of course she wanted to be with Aurora, but preferably alone. She sighed and resisted to the impulse of rolling her eyes. "Yeah, for sure. It will be awkward. Sorry if I embarass you as well. Do you even know how to... Move...?" Astrid realized that Aurora had found her crown and smiled, putting it back on it's place. She was blushing again. "Thanks. I'm so clumsy. Have you realized that our costumes are matching? So weird." It was more fascinating than weird, actually.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/3/2014, 11:11 am

Astrid was obviously nervous. Her speaking style was jumpy and hesitant. "No, not really. But it can't be that hard, can it?" Astrid was so red. "Oh, you're welcome. And yeah, it is kinda weird. What'd you mean to come as?" I tucked flyaway hairs from my ponytail. I should have re-dyed my hair brown, my rainbow didn't really match my outfit. "Hey Astrid? Do you wanna help me re-dye my hair, after prom?"
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/7/2014, 9:56 pm

OOC: Sorry for the wait. The fault in procrastination and the fact that I have to study Chemistry even in holidays.

As people usually chose their clothes relating unconsciously to their personalities, it made sense. If Astrid ever found the stupid physicist that said that opposite attract, she would punch him. It was so awkward to have suddenly got a crush on a girl whose bubbliness made her feel even less confident. But it was pretty nice, at the same time. "An evil queen, I guess... I'm not very good with costumes. And you... I can't guess, but it seems like a princess style, to contrast with mine." She giggled nervously and resisted to the impulse of biting her lip until it bled. "Actually, I never dyed hair before..." Why did she has to be so sincere always? That request could be the chance of her life. To what, she wasn't sure yet. Time would tell. "But it couldn't be so hard. So yep, I would like to. What color?" Astrid really liked her fancy rainbow hair color, although she wouldn't admit. She wondered what was Aurora's natural color. Maybe a dirty blonde.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/8/2014, 8:34 pm

I nodded. Evil queen was definitely Astrid's style. "It's meant to be sort of Belle-Esq. From Beauty and the Beast." I smiled at her. She was so cute when she was nervous. I tucked loose hairs behind my ear. "Really? It's fun. And I don't know what color we would dye it. We would have to bleach it again though." I quickly realized I was saying "we" instead of "I". I stuttered through my next sentence. "I-I-I mean, I, w-w-would have to, bleach it again." I said, pausing in between random words. I was getting flustered and tried to shake myself out of it. I just smiled awkwardly at Astrid.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/18/2014, 7:02 pm

It was weird, but hearing Aurora stutter made Astrid feel a bit more comfortable. At least she wasn't the only insecure one there. "Hey, it's just a crowded prom. Don't let it intimidate you." Why else could she be nervous? Astrid looked back at the dancing people for a second. She didn't exactly fancy the idea of bumping on many sweaty people and trying to move to the music, as most people call dancing. "So... What about if we went now? I've had enough of this. I'm sorry if you were actually expecting a dance." Astrid touched Aurora's arm and really smiled softly.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/18/2014, 7:15 pm

Astrid touched my arm. I smiled back at her. I sighed and looked out at all the dancing people. A slow song came on. "One? Please?" I begged. Astrid was so pretty. She didn't seem like my type at first, but she was really gentle. I smiled my biggest and cutest smile.

OOC: Sorry its so short. Feeling uninspired, just want to get it done.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/18/2014, 7:58 pm

OCC: Same here. Let's just finish this already, because today is the last day.

Astrid sighed and almost rolled her eyes. "This is going to be extremely awkward. Have you ever even danced before?" Then she looked right inside of Aurora's begging eyes. Couldn't they just skip the the part where they make out? Well... Focus, Astrid, focus. "I swear I've never tried that before. But we are suposed to improvise, right?" Hesitantly, her fingers slipped through Aurora's arm until she reached her hand and held it tight, interwinning their fingers. It gave her the strenght to finally get up. She stood in front of her partner - too nervous to touch her in any way. So she started swinging slowly. She hoped it didn't look as humiliating as it felt.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 7/19/2014, 7:34 pm

We stood up together, holding hands, and Astrid swayed to the music. I just smiled as I put my hands on her shoulders. I swayed back and forth, leading her. I did a box step, seeing as that was the only move I knew. "It's okay Astrid. It's okay." I leaned in and kissed her gently on the cheek. We were dating after all, weren't we?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/22/2014, 4:53 am

OOC: Prom is over, I'm locking the topics. You can finish your RPs via PM if you want to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 3:56 am