A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Culture Shock

Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Culture Shock Empty Culture Shock

Post by Sammy 7/2/2014, 12:29 am

Ari slipped into "prom",as the silly thing was called here. She had no reason to be there, and it seemed awfully boring. But she had been trying to embrace some of American culture recently, and this was a good place to do so.

Some of the godsawful American music was pumping out of the speakers as Ari slid across the wall to avoid the crowd. She wore a bright blue prom dress, as well as elaborate earpieces and thousands of bangals. She was pretty uncomfortable, and wished she could've worn a sari or something. However, the dress was supposed to be a major part of the experience. She had refused to dress up like some stupid fairy tale creature at first, but had eventually given in and gone as Jasmine from Aladdin. Which was probably the most racist thing in the history of prom outfits.

Ari looked around at the huge crowd. Maybe this hadn't been the best idea. She'd experienced it, and now she could go back and train some more in the arena. She quickly turned back around and headed for the exit.

OOC:
    Spoiler:
    BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 2969
    Registration date : 2011-07-25

Culture Shock Empty Re: Culture Shock

Post by BlackHawk 7/2/2014, 11:27 pm

I stumble in, already uncomfortable in the tight fitting tuxedo. I am greeted with a blast of hot air, cologne, and perfume in excessive amounts. Bodies are flailing around as if every individual was having a seizure. The music is loud and incomprehensible yet the campers act as if they knew the song like the back of their hand. I shove my way to one of the walls where there is space to move. I walk down the length of the wall, waving hi to a my half-brothers and sisters. That's when I saw her, the most beautiful girl in the room. I had no idea where she was walking but she was determined to get there. I stop in her line of sight, hoping and praying to every god that she notices me. (Brandon)
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/3/2014, 1:48 am

Ari's path was partially blocked by some guy. He was maybe one inch or so taller than her, but he was...attractive. She stopped in front of him, and almost forgot to be respectful. She knelt down, folded her hands, and whispered a short "Namaste". For the first time in the whole night, she no longer regretted wearing the unflattering sari.
    BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 7/4/2014, 3:50 am

I raise an eyebrow at her unusual greeting. "Hi?" I reply. I glance over her quickly and realize that's she's not much shorter than I am. Her dress is stunning and with her skin tone, I figure she's from the East.  "I'm Brandon," I say, holding out my hand. "Son of Thanatos."
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/4/2014, 2:39 pm

I nod, taking his hand tentatively. "Ari, daughter of Hecate," He must be pretty high up in society, considering the fat that he offered a hand shake. Then again, this was America, and anything could happen. "I was actually just about to...get a drink," She said, not really wanting to leave anymore. She hadn't had the whole experience yet, anyway. "You want one?"
    BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 7/6/2014, 10:02 pm

I hesitantly look across the crowded floor to the drink stand. I shrug my shoulders slightly, "why not, might be fun." I reply, gesturing for her to lead the way. Suddenly I was glad that I had decided to come to prom. "So...where are you from?" I ask, trying to hide how nervous I was but failing miserably. (Brandon)
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/13/2014, 9:35 pm

OOC: Apologies for my absence

BIC: "I'm from India. Not from one particular place, really." She replied, noticing how nervous he seemed. Ari was a master at analyzing people's faces, voices, and attitudes, and his wasn't that hard.

Ari lead the way to the drink table, her dress swishing behind her as she did so. She scooped some punch into two cups and handed one to him.
    BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 7/14/2014, 11:43 am

"Thanks." I mutter as I take the drink. I swirl the drink in the cup making a small red whirlpool. I take a sip of the drink and it's actually good for once. "What's it like in India?" I ask, actually curious due to the fact that the most foreign place I have ever visited was Ontario. My nervousness was starting to subside but I could still feel it's presence like a pair of thick hands weighing my down upon my shoulders
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/15/2014, 4:06 pm

"Its very colorful," Ari replied, crossing her legs and leaning against the long table holding the punch. A lot less confusing than here, that's for sure." She finished, swirling the drink in her hand but not daring to take a sip of it. She scowled as the red liquid sat in her cup. She wished they had some Assam tea, or maybe even that godsawful Nilgiri nonsense.

OOC: Finally got my html

Last edited by The Landlord's Daughter on 7/17/2014, 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
    BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 7/17/2014, 12:45 pm

"Isn't India a male supremacist country?" I ask, not trying to be mean, just curious. I look around after my sentence and notice a few dirty looks from the girls. I roll my eye feminists are too much trouble. I think to myself before turning back to Ari. I could feel the room getting stuffier as time passed. I set the cup down on the table and lean against it (Brandon)
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/17/2014, 1:29 pm

"I believe so. I never experienced any of that, however.Didn't exactly have a father. I was abandoned outside a small village, and a gypsy mother took me in,"She replied, unfazed by the question. She kept looking at the drink, now becoming a bit curious. She took a sip, and spit it out as soon as it entered her mouth.

"What is this stuff?" She said, so shocked she barely managed to notice the blonde standing in front of her, glaring at her now ruined dress.

BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 7/17/2014, 1:46 pm

I smirk at her reaction to the drink. "I'm not certain but I think the Hephaestus cabin did the food and refreshments this year." I whisper to her, managing a couple more glares. I wink at the girls shooting me the looks. They turn back around with a huff as I chuckle. I grab some napkins from the table and a cup of water and offer them to her "Here, will this help?"
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/17/2014, 1:52 pm

Ari took the napkin and the drink and continued to curse in hindi under her breath. That was, until she was reminded of what her Mother would say. "Thank you," She said.

BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 7/17/2014, 2:15 pm

"No problem." I reply casually. I stand in silence for a few minutes just studying her. She looked uncomfortable here and it was extremely stuffy so I could only imagine how hot it must have been in a dress "Do you want to leave?" Asking partially for my own comfort but mostly for hers
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/19/2014, 3:03 pm

Ari thought about it for a moment. "Yes, if you don't mind. I'm not used to being around so many people in this camp." Ari started to walk out, knowing that Brandon would follow.

OOC: Not proud of this post whatsoever so...yeah, please don't kill me.
    BlackHawk
    BlackHawk
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by BlackHawk 7/20/2014, 1:41 am

I threw my cup in the trash and snagged a cookie for the small walk to our destination. I followed closely behind her, not knowing where we were going, and not caring either. As I walked behind her, I could admire her "dress" from a whole different perspective.

OOC: It's fine. I won't kill ya just yet

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/22/2014, 4:56 am

OOC: Prom is over, I'm locking the topics. You can finish your RPs via PM if you want to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 4:28 am