A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The quiet basement[private for Kayla Vern and me]

Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1714
    Registration date : 2012-02-13

The quiet basement[private for Kayla Vern and me] Empty The quiet basement[private for Kayla Vern and me]

Post by Break 7/17/2014, 2:36 am

I walked in a comic in my hand I had been reading them all day and the cabin itself was getting loud.
    Do I'd decided to come down into the basement so I could relax in the basement and chat quietly.
    My worst problem was their were no chairs so I'd plonked my butt on a oak table.
    When I looked around no one was here so I decided to fully read my comic.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

The quiet basement[private for Kayla Vern and me] Empty Re: The quiet basement[private for Kayla Vern and me]

Post by kayla 7/17/2014, 3:15 am

Kayla rubbed at her temples with her fingers as she sighed, opening the door to the basement quietly. Her siblings were honestly way too rowdy though what else could be expected of the children of war? All she had wanted to do today was take a nice long nap and maybe go down by the lake or something to put her feet in the calm waters. Her nap was ruined and honestly, just closing her eyes and laying her head on something seemed good enough at the moment. She stumbled in sleepily with a scowl on her face before she shut the door and slid down to the sit at the base of it, closing her eyes.
    She heard a nose and opened one eye to see a boy around her age with blondish hair sitting on a table with a comic in his hand. "Who're you?" She asked, her voice echoing through the quiet room as she pushed herself up straighter and crossed her arms defensively.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

The quiet basement[private for Kayla Vern and me] Empty Re: The quiet basement[private for Kayla Vern and me]

Post by Break 7/17/2014, 3:26 pm

"The better question would what am I doing here but I guess you know the answer to that, anyhow names Gregor."
    I said not looking above my comic while chatting.
    "So what do people call you?"I said pushing my glasses up my face and brushing my hair from my face.
    My back was beginning to ache so I budged my back against the wall and slumped.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/17/2014, 4:19 pm

Kayla rolled her eyes and cracked her neck from side to side as the boy answered her question. It's rude not to look at a person when you're talking to them you know, she wanted to snap at him. But honestly she was too exhausted to really let out her irritation though it didn't really have anything to do with him.
    "Technically speaking, all you're doing is reading a comic and that doesn't answer your question of what you're doing here since you can read comics anywhere." She sighed, holding up her head with the back of her hand and looked in disinterest around the basement. It was pretty messy and dark as far as basements went. At least it wasn't dusty.
    "The name's Kayla. My friends call me Kay, at least they would if I had any friends." She chirped sarcastically.

OOC: muahahahahahaha stupid disney references
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/17/2014, 4:35 pm

I realised the girl was annoyed about how I had t looked up from my comicso I decided to drop it by my side on the table and conjured a ball of green fire and began fiddling.
    "What do you mean you don't look that bad of a person if I'm honest and I'm reading a comic here or rather was reading a comic here because of the quiet relaxed atmosphere but I guess I let it go when I started chatting but meh."
    I replied back.
    "Anyhow what you doin down here."I asked curiously.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/17/2014, 4:55 pm

Kayla only raise an eyebrow in response, her eyes flickering towards the green fire playing on his hands. "Hecate?" She asked though it seemed to end up more as a statement. Who else's children would be able to play with fire? Other than the Hephaestus kids of course but there weren't many with the ability of pyromancy, none the less the ability to conjure green fire.
    "I just came here for some quiet. My siblings are too brash."
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/17/2014, 5:55 pm

"Yup you got that right."I replied with a slight grin.
    "Gonna guess your one of the ares kids but your more a strategist than a all out fighter!"
    I absorbed the heat and threw the green fire ball to kayla.
    "Here catch!" I yelled.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/17/2014, 6:17 pm

"Wrong I'm an all out fighter." Kayla said. Her eyes widened slightly as the fire came towards her and she swiftly moved out of the way and stepped away from the door before she got burned. She narrowed her eyes and tilted her head to the side with her jaw locked as she looked at Gregor with a look that said, what in Hades name is wrong with you?
    "Do you have a death wish or something? What are you thinking, throwing fire at people, are you crazy?" She snapped angrily. She crossed her arms and stood a good length away from the boy, leaning against the wall parallel to him.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/18/2014, 3:11 am

"Guess I guess is should have told you you could of held the fire as I took al the heat away."I said with a grin.
    "And I also heard how good ares kids are reaction time wise so if you hadn't dodged it you'd be fine but it was pretty good speed ."
    I clicked my fingers and the flames rejoined my palm from where they froze by the door.
    "Anyhow sorry didnt realise you'd be so wound up bout it."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/18/2014, 3:40 am

"I'm sorry but I'm just uncomfortable when people throw things at me that might in some way harm me. I'm pretty sure having a stranger throw a freakin' ball of fire at me, flammable or not, like it's some kind of toy is a good enough reason for me to get wound up." Kayla resigned with a 'hmph!' as she sat down beside the wall, turning her head with her arms still crossed. She didn't really liked it when the kids who had powers just showed it off so easily like a second nature since she didn't have a power of her own. Seeing them play with things like fire or water so casually just made her feel inferior to them since they had advantages. And as a daughter of Ares, since advantages put your winning in favor, she wanted all the advantages she could get on her own since she didn't have a natural one.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/19/2014, 2:26 pm

"Yeah sorry anyhow take this should make you feel better though good luck getting the permit tog outta camp to use it."I said with a grin.
    I absorbed the fireball and the basement went dark again.
    I dug around my pocket before finding 4 50 dollar cheques.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/19/2014, 3:50 pm

Kayla felt something being pressed into her hand and she strained her eyes to make out what it was. Gregor probably couldn't see in the dark but Kayla had an amused smile on her face and one eyebrow raised.
    "Do I even want to know how you have 200 bucks lying casually in your pockets? I'm surprised you haven't gotten mugged by a Hermes kid or something." She scoffed with a laugh under toning it. She stood up and made her over to where she assumed he was sitting on the table, placing it back next to him. "Thanks, but I don't need it."
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/19/2014, 4:27 pm

"The Hermes kids are scared of my power for one."I replied.
    "They mug me and they won't gonna have 'sweet dreams'!"
    I saw her figure and snuck it into her pocket.
    I summoned another fireball this one a more red colour.
    "Wanna hold it?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/19/2014, 4:51 pm

"Someone's awfully arrogant," Kayla smirked. She jumped a bit when he whipped out another ball of fire though this time it wasn't green but more red, like an actual fire. She tensed when he asked her if she wanted to hold it and she eyed it warily thinking of the pros and cons. Pro- it'd be kind of cool to say that she held fire before. Con- it could be a trick and the fire burns her hands. She hesitated before relaxing at her decision.
    "Sure but any tricks and I'll rip your tongue out of your head, Magic Boy."
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/19/2014, 4:56 pm

"I think someone's warming up to me,"I said laughing.
    I handed her the ball of red fire "it'll be warm but it shouldn't burn you and I ain't arrogant I'm just fidgety."
    'Please go right I don't wanna lose my tounge' I thought

Occ:sorry for the short post couldn't think of much more to post.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/19/2014, 8:58 pm

"You wish," Kayla snorted as she tentatively held out her hand and felt the fire being transferred over to her. It wasn't green this time but actually more red like a fire should look like. A tingling sensation tickled at her palms but other than that there wasn't any heat or anything which meant that she didn't have to beat Gregor up. What a shame. "And is that supposed to be a pun or something?"

OOC: lol its okay, i get that too sometimes
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/20/2014, 2:44 pm

'Bliddy hell glad that worked'I thought.
    "There ain't no pun here anyhow tell me about yourself."I asked in a curious tone.
    I begin to fidget unsure what she will reply back.
    And I push my glasses up my face.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/20/2014, 3:55 pm

"I think I'll pass." She hums as she plays with the ember, passing it from one one slender finger to another. It must be nice to just be able to do this so casually. She found it somewhat- dare she say it, relaxing.
    "I mean afterall, I hardly know you and besides there isn't much to know. My name's Kayla Vern, I'm 15, I'm a daughter of Ares." Kayla said with a subtle hint of finality in her voice.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/20/2014, 4:41 pm

I could tell she didn't want to say anymore so I backed down.
    I smirked seeing how she was with the fire.
    "Addicting isn't it?"I asked
    I had an idea and slipped on my invisibility cap and vanished.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/20/2014, 5:01 pm

"I wouldn't say addicting, you make it sound like some sort of drug." Kayla retorted. She was going to give the fire back when she realized that he was gone. She was about to open her mouth and ask where he went when she remembered that he wasn't gone. Well most likely. The guy was a son of Hecate, who knew how many tricks he had up his sleeve?
    "I'm going to guess that you're doing some sort of magic again."
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/20/2014, 5:07 pm

"Nah I ain't doin nothin."I replied.
    "It ain't a drug but it is addictive."I grinned.
    I pulled my cap off "it's a gift off my mom if you wanna know."
    I showed her the cap with its red and gold design.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/20/2014, 8:34 pm

"I was close enough," She muttered under her breath. When he came back into visibility Kayla brushed his hand with her own and nudged it so he could take the fire away. She didn't wanna test her luck to see if it'd burn her or not any longer. She turned her attention on the cap that he showed her, red and gold in design. She thought it was pretty cool but then again magic in general was cool.
    "And I didn't. Not really at least, you're the one who decided to show me." Kayla lied. Okay so maybe she did wanna know but she wasn't going to ever admit that anytime soon.
    "But I guess it's kind of cool." She confessed begrudgingly.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/21/2014, 4:34 pm

I took the fireball and collapsed it.
    "Anyway I was wondering do you want to have a friendly fight in the forest tomorrow?"I asked.
    "No magic I promise just full out skill with weapons deal?"
    I held out my hand so she could shake it.

Occ:I'll make topic if she accepts
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 7/21/2014, 6:34 pm

"Jesus, you do have a death wish. Don't you know there's no such thing as a friendly fight with an Ares kid?" She asked rhetorically. Kayla looked him up and down, taking in his body structure and assessing him to see if there was any physical flaws and strengths. Well he didn't have bulging muscles or anything so maybe brute force wasn't his thing. She'd figure him out when they fought.
    "Fine." She agreed, shaking his hand firmly and with a tight grip.

OOC: Okie dokes
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 7/21/2014, 6:49 pm

"I'll see you there."I replied as I left.

Ooc;http://www.camphalfblood.org/t19458-a-friendly-fight#1182434

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 10:16 am