A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

itchin' on a photograph

itchin' on a photograph Empty itchin' on a photograph

Post by Guest 7/29/2014, 2:16 pm

itchin' on a photograph Mkg3tu

Tuesdays were always the son of Demeter's favorite days of the week. He wasn't really sure why, they were just good to him. This Tuesday, like every day, James Fogleson was planting Aster out in the strawberry fields. Even though it was a strawberry field, he still likes flowers and planting flowers were more enjoyable than strawberries to be honest.  Now, James gets very invested in his work, like super invested. If there was an earthquake happening right now, James wouldn't even notice it. He has a serious problem.

But flowers are so nice and comforting, and they don't point out all the dirt stains he has on his shirt. Not that any of his half siblings do, they have more dirt stains on their clothes than he does.
    Any who, James was messing around with the Asters he hasn't planted yet, debating on where he should plant the next set. He rubbed his face, now realizing he might've just put dirt on his face. Ugh gods, James.  
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

itchin' on a photograph Empty Re: itchin' on a photograph

Post by sienna 7/29/2014, 5:47 pm

itchin' on a photograph Tumblr_mvf5qqJWBy1sloew1o7_250
    The wind whipped Sophia Carver’s blonde hair into her face while she was walking through the rows of strawberry plants. She had spent all morning at the dance studio and was desperate to get some fresh air. She had only stopped by her cabin to change into something less sweaty. She didn’t know why she had chosen to go somewhere so out of the way, after all her legs and feet were still sore from hours of dancing. Hey, at least there was food. Sophie plucked a large strawberry off a plant as she walked, trying to remember the last time she had a proper meal. Dry cereal and protein bars didn’t really sustain a person. As she came to the end of the row, it suddenly occurred to her that there was someone there. A guy was planting bright purple flowers. She stopped walking about five feet away from him and watched him as he handled the flowers that were still in those plastic cartons. Why someone would plant flowers in a strawberry field, Sophie had no idea. She pushed aside another strand of hair the wind had blown in her face, moving a little closer to the gardener. “I don’t think those are strawberries.” She commented, a grin playing on her face. “but I’m not really an expert in botany.”
    OOC:There is a lack of gifs so for now I'm gonna use pictures

Post by Guest 7/30/2014, 2:50 pm

itchin' on a photograph 11m8fb4

A voice brought out of his flowers. He looked up to find a girl watching him. How long has she been there. A wave of embarrassment hit the son of Demeter; he was sweaty and muddy. Not the aesthetic he would want to display in front of people.
    "Oh," he chuckled, "they're Asters. I ran out of room in the courtyard so they're here."
    The first thing James noticed about the girl was her eyes. They were so...blue. He wasn't sure  how anything could be that blue. It was odd. James then looked back at the Asters in the carton. He pulled at least six of the purple flowers out of the plastic carton, "Here." He stood up and walked a few steps towards the girl, handing her the flowers.
    "I'm James."
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/30/2014, 10:48 pm

itchin' on a photograph Tumblr_n6lboe3z6l1qals0no3_250
    Sophie accepted the flowers with a small laugh, “What a gentleman, you are.” Sophia twirled one of the flowers between her fingers. Staring at the bright purple petals. The boy introduced himself, and Sophia looked up from the flowers. James. The name sounded familiar in a way. Sort of like Déjà vu. Although she was pretty sure she’d remember meeting someone like him. Sophie shifted her weight to the other foot before saying, “My name’s Sophia. Although everyone calls me Sophie.” The blonde girl nodded towards the flowers, “They’re pretty, the asters. I’ve never heard of them before. I’m guessing you’re pretty skilled with flowers.” She’d guess demeter. Most of the people that came out to the fields were kids of demeter or dionysus. Although she wouldn’t rule out aphrodite. The guy had a nice jawline. God, even thinking it made her blush. Luckily another breeze blew a chunk of hair into her face, hopefully allowing her cheeks to recover.

Post by Guest 8/4/2014, 11:54 am

itchin' on a photograph 2w2k3uc

The boy laughed, looking down at his feet before returning the gaze back to the girl.
    "My parent's raised me right, I guess." Which was true. The Fogleson house motto was 'if you don't say please you don't get cheese'. The cheese being whatever you wanted; money, toys, literally cheese. It was pretty weird but was James going to complain?
    The girl had now revealed her name, Sophia, or Sophie. James particularly liked nicknames; he found them interesting. Like, isn't it just peculiar that you chose to use a name similar, but different to the one you were given at birth. James always wanted a nickname to his name, not something like 'jaw boy' that he gets way way too often. The son of Demeter now looked at the asters by his feet, then the aster in Sophia's hand. He guessed he was pretty skilled at gardening. He's been planting flowers forever, and literally it's in his blood;his mother is Demeter.
    "They're a talisman of love and patience. My dad used to say it wards of evil, but it's just a myth."
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 8/7/2014, 7:17 pm

itchin' on a photograph Tumblr_n5qnvjCUGp1s0t9k2o3_250
    Sophia smiled and nodded, “There’s no denying that.” Wait. Flirting. She was flirting. The funny thing is that Sophie didn’t see that coming. She wasn’t a flirter. She was a “i don’t have time for romance unless it’s for ballet.” She was in a serious relationship with dancing. They were very committed to each other. She’s expecting to announce their engagement soon. In all seriousness, dancing was like being in a relationship. It requires patience, full commitment and isn’t complete without pain. So much pain.  
    What was she talking about again? Oh, yeah, the flirting. Well, let’s just say Sophie looked confused after she subconsciously flirted with James.
    James’ comment about the asters piqued Sophia’s interest. “You never know,” She said, “maybe they do. People think that we’re myths. Maybe this little flower scares off monsters and the like.”

OOC: Sorry this is short.

Post by Guest 8/7/2014, 8:09 pm

itchin' on a photograph 311udxt

"Heh." James breathed loudly, making an awkward smile. Was she flirting? James doesn't know how to flirt; girls don't flirt with the son of Demeter. Oh, well I mean, girls do flirt with him a little, but it's not like James flirts back. There are like rules for flirting right? Oh, James hasn't read the rules. James' face felt hot, and it was probably a shade of pink. But James can't worry about that now. James loves flowers. Flowers can be his girlfriend. No matter how...unrealistically pretty the girl is.
    Flower flower flower flower flower flower flower.

"Then we have nothing to worry about while we're talking, right? I mean, unless you have somewhere to go, because that's cool. O-or not cool, I mean it's all your opinion." James Fogleson is the king of smooth. James scratched that little scruffy thing going on on his face, he hasn't even realized that he had that going on. Ugh gods, Jamie what are you doing.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 8/11/2014, 1:35 pm

Great going, Sophie, you just made him uncomfortable. Now you've got to fix it. Of course the big question is: Was he uncomfortable because she was flirting in general, or because she was terrible at it? Because if she was terrible at talking to boys, that would explain why all the guys in her dance class refused to look her in the eye. Of course there could be other explanations for that part. But she really hoped there wasn't. Well she'd think about that later. It was time to get back to what was actually happening.
    Sophie smiled as non-flirty as she could. Is that a word, non-flirty? Whatever. "No. Nowhere to be. Nothing to do. If you want I can help." The kiwi nodded to the flowers that still were in their containers. "I can't say I'm good at gardening, but I probably can't mess it up too much, can I?" Is there a wrong way to plant flowers? If you put them in the ground wrong, can you kill them? You know what, she'd give it a fair try. It can't be as hard as ballet. People think it's all smiles and fun twirling. But anyone who's taken an advanced dance class can tell you; it's like joining the army. You've got to do everything absolutely perfect or get yelled at. All the while trying to smile even though your feet feel like they're being torn off.
    Sophie loved it.

Post by Guest 8/11/2014, 8:55 pm

itchin' on a photograph 17a1s0

It's not that I didn't want Sophia to touch my gardening. It's just...

Okay, look; I take gardening very seriously. Laugh all you want, but it's an outlet I guess. And if you plant the flowers too close, or something weird like that, all of these asters will suffer. And plants are people too. I mean, they're not people. They have a different cells than animals entirely. But I wasn't going to tell Sophia that. I mean, she seems really nice. And my mother would smack me upside the head if I am ever rude to a nice person. Not my godmother, my real mother; actually Demeter would do the same thing.

"Yeah, of course. I mean, not of course on you can mess things up. You look fully capable. N-Not that looks matter. But like that doesn't matter with you...I mean...dammit."I really just need to stick to flowers. I tried to smile, but nothing can help me now. Instead, I kind of just knelt down to the ground and used my trowel to begin  digging again. I did have a few trowels by the heel of my foot. But with my luck, Sophia would not be shoveling with me.

ooc//yes 1st person pov is a go.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 8/11/2014, 11:54 pm

The minute Sophie offered to help garden, she could see the stress on James’ face rise. So, not wanting to give the boy any more stress, Sophie just sat down and watched him shovel dirt. Normally, Sophie wouldn’t have any interest in the displacement of dirt. But she didn’t get up. Sitting was better than standing, and her muscles thanked her for the rest.
    “So,” Sophie started, unable to bear the silence any longer. Talking made her comfortable. Awkward silences were one of her worst nightmares as a child. Not literally. She was actually really scared of sharks for some reason. “That accent. It’s british, correct?”
    Oh accents. People always thought Sophie was Australian. But alas, she was not bound under the rule of Tony Abbott. Or more affectionately known as the Prime Sinister of Australia. Sophie was a kiwi. A new zealander, not the bird or the fruit.

OOC: Look at the shortness.

Post by Guest 8/12/2014, 12:22 am

All James had to do was not zone out, not that he didn't want to talk to Sophia, he just gets in the zone with gardening, it's pretty sad. So the obvious thing to do was throw the trowel out of his hand, which he did himself, he didn't need the assistance of any godly force. He then turn himself around, now facing the girl. He smiled, his red face has now gone down a few notches.

"Oh, yeah I'm from Cardiff." The Foglesons lived in a pretty nice home in a cute little area of the city. It was really nice and everyone knew each other. It was actually really weird for the kids who lived there, the parents basically had bets to see who ends up with who. Everyone got it right for the two Foglesons who got married, but James got freaked out by their bets, and Aaron and Mari are a little too young for that.

"What about you?" James asked.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 8/16/2014, 8:38 pm

Sophia tried not to laugh when the shovel thing flew out of James’ hand. She still hadn’t done anything to embarrass herself yet, but it was surely coming. She’d say the wrong thing, and then he’d be gone. You see, Sophie wasn’t good at making friends. Well, she was, but they weren’t the kindest or sweetest people. One might criticize Sophie for the company she keeps. Her father used to do it all the time. Of course he did approve of Magda who turned out to be a backstabbing no-good liar. But that’s a whole other story. Then there was Mary, who was nice to her face, but Sophie was pretty sure that girl was planning her death. So, yeah, maybe Sophie wasn’t the best judge of character, but James seemed harmless enough.

“Cardiff sounds nice” Sophie commented, handing the shovel back to James. “I’m from Wellington, New Zealand.” She was ready for the usual responses. "Did you grow up on the beach?" Yes she did. "Is that where they filmed Lord of the Rings?” Yes. “Aren’t there a lot of sheep there?” Yeah. She usually didn’t mind the questions, after all, when she first arrived she expected everyone to be brash and rude. In fact everyone was really nice. Actually, they were so nice there were a couple times Sophie wondered if they were being genuine. So, lesson of the day: don’t always believe the stereotypes. Then again, most of the stereotypes for New Zealand were true.  What was the point of this again?

Post by Guest 8/30/2014, 11:52 pm

James laughed, "Oh wow. I uh, I like your accent."
    James Fogleson, you did not say you like her accent. Yeah, James really did like her accent, but was James supposed to say that? No! James has no filter on that mouth of his. He's just constantly embarrasses himself, wonderful right?
    James tried to cover himself up by having his fully body facing Sophia, trying to keep a very straight face on. He was trying to be normal. An easy task for James, hopefully. I mean, James teaches a environment class, that pretty normal. Every 18 year old can be allowed to teach a bunch of young little campers, right? I mean that is basically what a CIT is for summer camps. But instead of James teaching you how to braid string or play whiffle ball, he's teaching you about flowers and dirt. Fun!!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 9/9/2014, 11:14 pm

itchin' on a photograph Tumblr_myfgtg4Dgq1t31cgyo4_250
    "Er, thank's, I guess. I like your accent too." God that last part sounded forced. Sophie could feel the awkwardness between the two of them skyrocket. Normally this was the part of the conversation that she would bid him good day and continue on her merry way. But, Sophie didn't. She just didn't want to. So, instead she tried her best to move the conversation onto something not about accents. "So, is this what you do all day, plant flowers? Or do you also talk to them and ask them how their day went?" No Sophie. Do not try and be funny. You are not a funny person. Sophie has never been funny. Ever. when she was little she tried to do things to make her father laugh, but all she got was an aggravated expression from him and was then dragged out of his office by Patty, her nanny.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 2:18 pm