A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

I'll follow you into the dark [PRIVATE for me and punkademic]

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

I'll follow you into the dark [PRIVATE for me and punkademic] Empty I'll follow you into the dark [PRIVATE for me and punkademic]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/1/2014, 8:13 pm

Dino walked into the dangerous and mysteryous Dark Forest, armed with nothing but his guitar. That place didn't intimidate him. He liked the magical aura around it, in fact, and it was a good place to get away from society and closer to nature. The deeper he went into the woods, the more fascinating it seemed to be. The dense canopy of trees blocked some of the sunlight, creating a nice and slightly creepy athmosphere. He sat on a bed of moss near on a lonely clearing and began to tune the guitar, thinking about what song he could play in that beautiful and inspiring place, where he was almost sure that no one could hear him. Something sweet, calming and slightly melancholic. He started strumming the complex guitar introduction of "I'll Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab For Cutie and singing shyly. As he played, all the creatures from the forest seemed to approach him. He could see a nymph camouflaged by his side, singing along with her soft sopranno voice. He should have expected that. You can never be fully alone in this Camp. Well, he wouldn't tell the nature spirits to go away, so he kept playing, feeling like he was performing a small concert to his own loneliness.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

I'll follow you into the dark [PRIVATE for me and punkademic] Empty Re: I'll follow you into the dark [PRIVATE for me and punkademic]

Post by beanie 8/1/2014, 8:54 pm

The Deadly Forest, or as Raven calls it, the-dark-forest-that-isn't-so-scary. Yeah, it's a long nickname. Anyway, normally Raven likes to take midnight walks to clear her mind (and do crazy and weird things). The moonlight was always illuminated her way and the forest calmed her at times. And she was alone, alone time was good.
    But she wasn't alone this time, the sound of a guitar playing softly filling her ears. Burning with curiosity, the Brit walked to towards the sound, the music growing louder with every step she took. Peeking around a nearby tree, she saw a boy playing a guitar (no duh) and a nymph singing softly with him. Now Raven was conscious of what she was wearing; an oversized t-shirt and sweats. But still, she was a little lonely.

"Hi." At the sound of her voice, the nymph ran away, probably turning into a tree along the way.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

I'll follow you into the dark [PRIVATE for me and punkademic] Empty Re: I'll follow you into the dark [PRIVATE for me and punkademic]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/1/2014, 9:05 pm

The sound of the guitar drowned the girl's greeting, but Dino noticed a sudden and quick move as the nymph ran away. He looked forward carefully, in search of what sort of monster that could have scared her. It was just an average girl, walking towards him with a friendly expression on her face. Those dryads, as intrusive and frightened as stupid little birds. He rolled his eyes and looked back at girl, smirking awkwardly. He stopped playing the guitar immediately, as he realized that he was being watched. He could feel his cheeks getting warm. He knew that he wasn't such a bad musician, but it was always so odd when that happened. "Hi. ...Sup?" Dino wasn't exactly the most sociable person on earth. Mainly when it came to a girl who he had never seen before, wearing cute casual clothes.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/2/2014, 6:53 am

"Hi. ...Sup?" The boy seemed a little awkward. He did stop playing though, which saddened Raven a bit. She enjoyed the song he was playing, it sounded familiar to her. Sitting down on the moss next to him, Raven's smile grew a little wider.

"Why did you stop? I liked the song." She said, her British accent ringing clear.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/2/2014, 4:34 pm

"Because..." Dino sighed and decided to be honest. "Because I don't like to play when I have an audience." As the girl sat by his side, he examined with a fast look. She didn't look dangerous at all. And she had a distinct British accent. For some reason, Dino always liked British accent. There was no reason why he shouldn't be nice to her, although he initially wanted to be completely alone. "Well, the song is "I'll Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab For Cutie. It's quite relaxing." He realized that he hadn't introduced himself and neither did she. How rude. "I'm Dino Materazzi. What about you?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/2/2014, 8:41 pm

"Because I don't like to play when I have an audience." The boy said after a sigh. He was either really shy or didn't really like her. They had just met so the second option didn't really apply. But he didn't seem like the shy type though, at least in Raven's eyes. She chuckled a little, she just laughs at times.

"I'll Follow You Into the Dark." She repeated. It sounded familiar, like it was stuck in the back of her mind and she couldn't find it. It didn't matter though, she needed to focus on the present, if she could.

"Raven Kenric." The Brit muttered in response. Dino Materazzi. It sounded Italian.

"Could you please play for me? I'll be as silent as a mouse, you'd never know I'm here." Raven pleaded, though she probably won't. She can't keep still for a minute.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/4/2014, 1:28 pm

Dino wondered what she was laughing at. Of course it's not me, he said to himself. Maybe he had food stuck between his teeth. No, he knew he didn't. He decided to ignore her chuckle and not to think about it... Not much, at least. He understood her expression as he told her his name. Of course he was very Italian. He even had a slight accent, not as charming or noticeable as hers, but a South Italian accent anyway. Raven Kenric was a really interesting name. Dino liked when people were named after nature. His sister, Belladonna, was named after nightshade, a poisonous plant. That girl's name reminded him of Edgar Allan Poe, so he already knew that he would like her, just because of her beautiful name. All these poetic thoughts filled his distracted mind as he heard her name for the first time, but the only thing he dared to say was: "That's a really cool and excentric name. Nice to meet you, Raven." He shrugged at her request. "I always get out of tune when someone is watching. But if you insist..." He took his guitar and restarted playing from where he stopped. That way, he didn't have to talk to her. It wasn't like he wasn't enjoying that conversation, but he was already afraid that he would say something wrong or rude and make that little raven fly away.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/4/2014, 6:01 pm

Have I Gone Mad? I'm Afraid So. But I'll Tell You A Secret

All The Best People Are.

"That's a really cool and excentric name. Nice to meet you, Raven." Dino had said and Raven felt herself blushing a tiny bit. Her name wasn't that special. It's just a name that Raven and her father likes, the name of a bird, and her last name means "fearless leader", though she wasn't sure why. Oh well, Dino was a better name to her.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Dino." She mimicked just as Dino started to play. The music sounded nice in Raven's ears and she couldn't help but start to hum a random tune. So much for being quiet.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/8/2014, 7:04 pm

OOC: I'm sorry, I've been busy and ill.

Dino always got oblivious to the world as he played. He barely noticed how Raven was humming some different tune along with it, probably not playing attention. He began to think about the song's lyrics, how it was about love and death. Maybe morbid, but definately not sad. He wondered if life-lasting love actually existed. It sounded surreal, but he would like to experience it. Maybe that happened to parents and brothers. No relationship could last to the end of days. He finished the song - it was longer than he remembered - and examined his hands, calloused by the rough strings of the guitar. "Damn..." He murmured to himself. For a moment, he forgot that Raven was by his side. He pulled a mysterious hand mirror from his backpack and stared at it for a while. Then he grinned at what he saw. It wasn't his own reflection - it was his little sister, playing with her dolls. The magical mirror, similar to the one from the "Beauty and the Beast" tale, was a solstice gift from his mother, Hecate. But Raven didn't know he was a child of Hecate, neither that his mirror was magical, so she would probably find him weird and very narcissistic.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/9/2014, 6:25 pm

All The Best People Are.

Dino had stopped playing but it was like he didn't even know she was there. Normally Raven would've found that rude and improper but she was loss for words when he pulled out a mirror. It looked like an ordinary one but instead of his reflection it showed a little girl playing with her toys. Kind've reminded her of the magical mirror from Beauty and the Beast.

"That's cool." Raven breathed out, obviously impressed.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/12/2014, 11:50 am

Dino looked back at Raven with startled eyes. He was quickly reminded that she was still sitting by his side, watching what he was doing. "Oh..." He turned down the mirror. The images he saw there were of his beloved ones. It was kind of private. He knew it wasn't such a big deal, but he was embarassed about it and he couldn't hide it. "Sorry..." He didn't really know what he was apologizing about. Probably nothing. He should quit being such a British gentleman... It wasn't exactly cool. "It's a solstice gift from my mother, Hecate. She gave it to me because I got isolated from my family and my old friends. I missed them a lot and I was paranoid worried. Seeing how they are doing makes me feel better. It's not like I'm stalking them or anything. The images changes according to the requests of the person who is holding it. Would you like to try it?" Before she replied, he handed it to her. The image of his sister faded away and now the magical mirror reflected just like an average one. He actually wanted to be nice - usually, he wouldn't let anyone touch his precious mirror.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/12/2014, 2:46 pm

All The Best People Are.

Raven bit her lip as Dino looked at her weirdly. Maybe she invaded some personal privacy. She should've kept her mouth closed. But she couldn't take it back now.

"It's a solstice gift from my mother, Hecate. She gave it to me because I got isolated from my family and my old friends. I missed them a lot and I was paranoid worried. Seeing how they are doing makes me feel better. It's not like I'm stalking them or anything." Raven smiled and laughed at that. "The images changes according to the requests of the person who is holding it. Would you like to try it?" He finished.

"Oh no-" She tried to protest, not really wanting to see a picture of her mother but Dino already handed her the mirror. She did take a sneak at her reflection; the purple locks still there and her cat eyes still having the same color but instead she saw her mother, working at the same bar. The image actually made her smile slightly.

"Wow."

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/13/2014, 8:53 pm

She looked actually amazed. Dino never realized about how wonderful that magical object was until that moment. He smirked at her. He seemed to be trembling slightly. People didn't usually make him feel this nervous. Not even girls. But Raven had a strange aura and he wanted very much to find out about it, although he didn't even know what he should tell her. She seemed to be the kind of person who would just give up on you if you said something not cool. At least, that was the first impression of an extremely insecure Dino. "You can stay with it as much as you want." He thought of a pretty impulsive question. He wanted to know that mysterious girl better, and knowing who her godly parent was would probably help. Not to judge by stereotypes, but you could usually understand part of a demigod's personality based on the identity of his godly parent. "So... Who is your godly parent?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/14/2014, 8:54 am

All The Best People Are.

When Raven looked back at Dino, he was smirking slightly but also looked....nervous? scared? Raven couldn't tell. She wasn't good at reading emotions. But when she looked back at the mirror, her mother was gone and she saw her reflection instead. Oh well.

"You can stay with it as much as you want." Dino said, which lead to Raven looking strangely at him. It was his, wasn't it? She couldn't keep it, even tough it was really cool.

"No, you can have it back." The Brit handed it back to him with a cat like smile. He was interesting, she found him mysterious. Most of the time shes hanging out with people who are loud ad rowdy but he was quiet and mysterious. She kind've liked it.
    She was so into thought, she almost missed his question.

"Huh? Oh, my father's Briareus, god of violent sea storms." Most of the time people don't know her father so much.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/14/2014, 10:26 am

The warmth of that smile almost made Dino melt. He was probably acting awkward. The fact was that, he wasn't quiet or too introvert. He would grow more sociable as long as he got comfortable and familiarized with that interesting unknown young lady. It may sound silly, but whenever Dino met new people, he acted like the fox from "Little Prince". He needed to be captivated first, and then he could even get too close. Who knows? He would try as hard as he could to beat that sudden embarassment. He was aware of his growing loneliness. Maybe taking the risk of starting a friendship with Raven could be good for him. He took back the mirror and resisted to the impulse of staring at it for hours. "I've heard of Briareus. I don't know many children of him, though. Sounds nice." There was a short pause, while Dino suddenly thought about something. "It sucks to be a child of a minor god, right? People... Underestimate you. Mainly in my case. I'm not violent, I think I'm not even an epic hero. I just wanted to be a normal guy and then I was forced into this life." It was so easy to tell such deep thoughts to someone as Raven. Definately odd.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/14/2014, 1:30 pm

All The Best People Are.

So he's heard of her father. That's good. Awkwardness filled the air around them as they became silent. Should she say something? Raven was going to say something but it seems the Dino beat her to the punch.

"It sucks to be a child of a minor god, right? People... Underestimate you. Mainly in my case." She looked at him weirdly at this. "I'm not violent, I think I'm not even an epic hero. I just wanted to be a normal guy and then I was forced into this life."
    Raven would've never guessed that Dino would be saying something like this. It was so deep.

"I always thought I just a normal girl with abnormal qualities." It's how she's described every demigod here.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/14/2014, 9:34 pm

Dino shrugged. Raven looked at him weirdly as he spoke. Maybe it was just her natural expression. He could get used to it. He was almost sure that his sentences made perfect sense, and he barely stuttered! You go, Dino! There was no reason to be so uncomfortable, anyway. It's wasn't like Raven could scratch him with that amazing cat eyes. He tried hard not to regret his words, and it wasn't necessary, because Raven seemed to relate to what he said. Although she was talking only about herself and ignored most of Dino's outburst. It was better that way, for sure. Dino was always complaining like that. Sometimes he annoyed himself. "That sounds like a paradox, but I get your point. To tell the truth, I think "normal" is boring. It means to follow the rules of society. Our society is so wrong." He sighed again and stared at the beautiful forest landscape in front of them. It's wasn't like he didn't want to look directly at Raven, but maybe that was what made him awkward. Then  he had a sudden desire. In that situation, there was no reason for him to oppress it. Smoking would destroy his melodious voice little by little, but for now it was the only way to calm him down. It felt like his insecurities would fade away along with the smoke. "Do you mind if I smoke a single cigarette?" He took a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. One of them floated out and lit up by itself, in a simple magic trick. No, it wasn't like Dino was trying to impress anyone. He did that many times per day. For him, that was the only good use for his not so powerful magic.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 9:38 am

All The Best People Are.

"Well then my whole world is a paradox. I try to make it less boring everyday." Raven joked, watching as a cigarette floated up to Dino's mouth (must be a Hecate thing). She never had anything against smoking, it was the people's choice whether they smoked or not. Though the smoke caused her to sneeze.

"That's fine." Raven whispered, looking out into the trees. The silence between them was comforting, yet awkward at the same time.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/18/2014, 12:52 pm

For a few minutes, Dino was just taking a few drags and then watching the grey smoke slowly disappear while mixing to the pure air of nature. For a few minutes, his loud mind was into one of it's rare moments of emptiness. Then, before he realized it, the small cigarette was over. He promised himself that he wouldn't smoke more than one per day, as he was trying hard to beat his addiction. But he wasn't very good at that, he had to admit. He sighed one more time before he decided to break the silence. Not that he minded it, but it was probably making Raven uncomfortable. "So... Why did you go to the forest in a day like this?" The sun was shining bright in the light sky. Dino would have gone to the beach like everyone else, if he enjoyed the beach. The forest was a calm place, with shadows everywhere, and he preferred it there.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/18/2014, 1:53 pm

All The Best People Are.

Dino kept smoking in silence, Raven was watching the smoke swirl in the air. It was a while before the smoke stopped, meaning the Dino was finished. Raven was actually expecting for Dino to take another one out but he spoke instead, startling Raven a slight.

"Huh? Oh, I always take a walk. You just happened to be here." Raven said with a smile gracing her face. It's been a while since she's gone swimming, she should do that soon.

"What about you?" She asked, looking at Dino while making little doodles in the dirt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 9:41 am