A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Are We There Yet?

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Are We There Yet? Empty Are We There Yet?

Post by beanie 8/2/2014, 7:35 am

"Don't worry your all of me.

It takes practically 7 hours to drive from New York to Washington D.C. Celine and Veronica have been in Veronica's aunt's car for 6 hours. It had been uncomfortable, wedged between the doors and a bunch of bags filled with clothe and other stuff but Veronica had tried her best to make the ride enjoyable for her friend though; playing eye-spy (Veronica kept winning with those nerdy glasses she has), trivia questions that they answered from a trivia game on her aunt's phone (Celine won, obviously), and singing new songs to make the time pass.

"Are you girls okay back there?" Aunt Debbie asked for the 5th time in 2 minutes. Veronica sighed happily, reaching for the snacks she packed for the ride.

"Yeah, we're fine." Ronnie answered back, her mouth filled with crackers layered with Nutella (she loved that stuff). Slathering some more on another cracker, she handed it to Celine.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Are We There Yet? Empty Re: Are We There Yet?

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/2/2014, 4:58 pm

Celine barely said anything during the trip. She really liked Veronica's aunt, but she wasn't very likely to start a conversation, so she just kept quiet, with her headphones on. She hoped not to seem too antipathetic. Ronnie was so cheerful, though. Celine would try to participate in her games. But she had a serious problem that she didn't tell anyone about it until the car stopped. As Ronnie offered her a cracker layered in nutella, she felt like her stomach did a somesault. "Oh no..." She whispered before she asked Aunt Debbie to stop the car urgently. She jumped out of the car and ran to a bush in the roadside. She puked her whole lunch and came back to the car, blushing and still dizzy. "I'm better now. Sorry... I forgot to tell that I tend to get sick in cars." Celine searched for a nausea medicine in her bag, swallowed a couple pills, and settled down again in the soft comforter that she had brought. That was going to be an interesting experience, for sure. She couldn't remember the last time when she had a calm and normal road trip like that, mainly with a mortal lady.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/2/2014, 8:52 pm

Celine looked like she was going to be sick and the car lurched to a stop, just as Celine dashed out the car. She was obviously throwing up and Ronnie felt a little bad for not noticing. Before Celine entered the car again, Veronica chucked the rest of the crackers out've the window, suddenly losing her appetite.

"Honey, if you need me to stop the car, just tell me." Aunt Debbie told Celine as she re-entered the car. Veronica gave her friend a kind smile, trying to avoid the awkward situation at the moment.

"Don't worry, we only have..." Veronica checked the GPS. "1 hour left." This is going to be one long hour.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/12/2014, 6:16 pm

OOC: Maybe I've been underestimating this rp. I won't do this again.

Celine leaned back on her seat and sighed, grinning weakly at Aunt Debbie. She was so nice that it made her feel a bit sick. No, wait. "It's ok. I feel better now. Really." She was really fine, but it didn't make the situation less embarassing. She replied quietly to Ronnie. "It's ok, I'm sure I can handle it. It will probably be boring.  It's a pity that reading in cars makes me feel even sicker." She regreted some of her words almost immediatly. It sounded like she wasn't having fun. Mainly with that talkative girl by her side. Some people were quiet only until they were comfortable between friends. Celine was quiet almost always. Sometimes the habit of talking only when necessary wasn't really good. She smiled one more time before turning her head towards the car's window. There was a beautiful, lonely countryside road outside. Celine imagined herself running through the spotless green grass... As long as she kept lost in her own mind, the trip would be finished really quickly.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/12/2014, 6:46 pm

Aunt Debbie smiled weakly as well, keeping her eyes trained on the road.
    Veronica though, she felt really awkward with her friend acting like that. Celine was someone who's always quiet whether your a friend or a stranger. It was just uncomfortable but Veronica did understand personal space.
    Plugging in her earphones into her ears and iPod, Ronnie turned the music on, Hurricane by Bridget Mendler coming on. Washington D.C. Come soon!

OOC: lesson learned, don't judge rp's. i've done the same.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/14/2014, 8:38 pm

After a few minutes of pure idle, Celine fell asleep without realizing it. She was just "resting her eyes". She woke up to the gentle bump of the car being braked. "Mmmm... Where are we?" She had lost completely her track of time and part of her notion of location. Her sleepy mind remembered vaguely of being on a long road trip. The sunlight made her eyes sting, so at least it was still day. The hyperactive daughter of Athena rarely slept during the day, but she was so tired after all that small adventure... She rubbed her eyes, trying to shove the drowsiness away. She looked through the window once again. She could see perfectly now. They were driving through a beautiful bit city with a familiar archteture. Oh, finally. They had arrived. "Do you live near here, Mrs?" Her voice was cheerful but kind now. It sounded right to call Aunt Debbie "Mrs". She wasn't Celine's aunt. Actually, Celine had no family at all and she was always searching for a new one, but she wouldn't admit that so easily. She ran her fingers through her wavy dark hair - she definately looked like someone who had just woken up from a long nap inside of a small car.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 9:28 am

Turns out Veronica was as tired as Celine, falling asleep as well. She woke up to the voices of people, rubbing her eyes and groaning. They had already arrived, parking in front of Aunt Debbie's house. It was a white two story house with 3 bedrooms and a nice pool in the back. It was quite nice.

"You can call me Aunt Debbie if you like." Aunt Debbie said, which Veronica looked strangely at. What were they talking about. But she had no right to ask, it wasn't her business.

"Everyone out! Lets get the bags." At this, Ronnie exited the car, helping her aunt out as well before opening the trunk to get her bags.
    The neighborhood was the same as before, the kids playing hockey in the streets, the sour old man that lives up the street, and their next door neighbor with the cute boys.

"Your gonna like it here. She told Celine.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/18/2014, 1:15 pm

Celine smirked and nodded no. She wouldn't call Ronnie's aunt as Aunt Debbie, because it sounded weird. And kind of childish. But she would never mention that. She was the first one to open the car's door and leave. Her legs felt like if they were made of jelly. She hadn't realized that her whole body was asleep until that moment. Maybe she would be lucky enough to walk without stumbling everywhere, but she decided to lean on the car for a few minutes while she examined the house with a quick look. It was a beautiful residence, actually, and it looked quite pleasant. "Nice house." She said, as a simple compliment. "Do you have any pets?" One more random question, only for an icebreaker. When her legs stopped feeling numb, she grabbed a big black bag from the trunk and carried it to the front door. She was stronger than it seemed. And she liked to help. "I'm sure I will like it here." She replied with an actual smile this time.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/18/2014, 2:51 pm

Aunt Debbie was already opening the door to the house as Celine walked up with her bag. Veronica shut the trunk, dragging her backpack up to the door. The boys next door were playing football, some of them waved to Veronica, who waved shyly back. Aunt Debbie just opened the door when Veronica joined them.

"Nope no pets but we got a pool." Veronica told Celine as they walked though the door. Aunt Debbie scurried off to the kitchen, muttering something about "needing snacks for guests", leaving Veronica with Celine.

"You'll be staying in the guest room." Veronica told her friend, walking up the stairs.

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/29/2014, 11:00 am

Celine remembered the last time she went to a pool. She slipped up on the wet edge and twisted her ankle. She was kind of traumatized about pools. And besides, she was so pale from staying locked at her cabin that she would probably turn into dust if she got exposed to sun. But she wouldn't say that, because they might think that she was some kind of preppy who didn't want to wet her hair. She was the exactly opposite of that. She was just... not a pool person. "Well, pools are nice. Nevermind." She realized that she was alone with Ronnie and smiled. The athmosphere became lighter, because Aunt Debbie was making Celine a bit awkward. She was so attentive that it came to be annoying. "Wow, a guest room? Most of the houses don't have one. I'd stay anywhere, really." Celine looked at every single detail of the house, feeling kind of stunned. It was actually a home. She thought that she had never seen one. The orphanage where she lived in couldn't be called a home. She tried not to think about that as she followed Ronnie upstairs, heading to the guest room.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/1/2014, 11:03 am

Turning the corner, Veronica opened the second door to the right. It was the guest room but it wasn't all that fancy. Nice little queen sized bed, two bedside tables with a lamp on each one, and one window. It was cleaner though then last time, Aunt Debbie tustve cleaned it. No more cobwebs.

"Its not that nice. Sorry." Ronnie stuttered, leaving the door open while hanging in the doorway.

"I gotta go put my stuff away but after you wanna go check out the museums?" She asked, kind've hopefully.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 6:57 am