A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Are We Really That Different?

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Are We Really That Different? Empty Are We Really That Different?

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/13/2014, 6:58 pm

Are We Really That Different? Tumblr_mel8flFSJ61rb1h8ko1_500

Allison sat in front of the Athena cabin on a chilly summer morning. She was wearing shorts, but she had a bright blue jacket on over a plain black t shirt. Allison's hair was up in a pnoytail, and she was only wearing foundation, which was about 5% of her usual makeup routine. It was the first time since she came to camp that she didn't do all her makeup, but she wasn't planning on getting far from her cabin. Her nose was buried in a book, how you often saw the children of Athena.

Last edited by AKA Jessica on 8/13/2014, 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Are We Really That Different? Empty Re: Are We Really That Different?

Post by Mason 8/13/2014, 7:13 pm

Bray walked into the courtyard, wondering about Rebekah. He had asked her out that night, but kinda forgot about their date...he was horrible at that stuff. He cursed at himself for even wanting a girlfriend, or asking her out. He slowly approached the girl by the Athena cabin. He squinted to read the name of the book. "You like the Hunger Games? Well, I mean, most people do, but....er, I mean...don't talk to me." He usually didn't strike up conversation, so this was awkward for him.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/13/2014, 7:23 pm

Allison laughed a little bit. It was her like 50th time reading the Hunger Games, to the point where she knew the next word before she even read it. "Well, you talked to me. So obviously, I'm going to talk to you. But yes, I do. I, regretfully, didn't bring many books with me to camp, so I am stuck rereading the ones I have." Allison said with a smile, her British accent sprinkling over the words. Then, she remembered how she looked. Allison absolutely hated being in front of people like that.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/13/2014, 7:27 pm

Bray smiled a bit. He nodded. "So, like, uh, are you an Athena kid or some other nerd?" He looked up at her, then felt a bit bad for calling her nerd. She gave off a friendly vibe that was kind of comforting, opposed to most mean campers. "I mean, don't feel bad about that---I'm totally unsocial. I barely have any friends." He blushed at bit, smiling at the girl. He thought she was very pretty, but he didn't want to even admit that to himself. "May I sit?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/13/2014, 7:37 pm

Allison laughed a little bit. She knew how the boy felt. She was very bad at conversations herself. Allison smiled and pushed her glasses up on her nose and patted the spot on the steps next to her. "Come. Sit." Allison waited for the boy to sit down before she continued talking. "Yes. I am a daughter of Athena. My name is Allison. Allison Ryder." She offered her had for him to shake.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/13/2014, 7:42 pm

Bray shook her hand. It sent a weird vibe through him, and it wasn't even that previous friendly vibe. He had, like, a crush on this girl. He hadn't had very many of those, if really any (except that short-lived Rebekah one). He instantly started shaking a bit and sweating. He gave a nervous smile. "Bray Piere, son of, well, uh...Delphin, god of dolphins. I wish so much I could've had someone cooler like Phobus or someone like that. I don't think I have any siblings." He laid his arms on his knees.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/13/2014, 7:51 pm

"Nice to meet you Bray." Allison said. She pulled her hair out of the pony tail and let it fall long over her shoulders. It had been a while since she dyed it, so the blonde at the tips was starting to fade, and she knew it looked bad. "Dolphins are cool! And anyway, that just means your unique. I have like 50 Athena siblings and know none of them. My cousins is here, though. Like my actual cousins. Like my mortal cousins" Allison began to fumble. She looked down. "Tell me about yourself."

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/13/2014, 7:56 pm

"Well, thanks for trying to cheer me up, but I don't have any powers but talking to dolphins. Mortal cousins, cool." Bray smiled a bit larger, then heard her ask him about himself. "There's not much to me that I haven't already told you. I lived in Miami, Florida growing up, my mother was killed, my favorite color is black, I like surfing and dolphin-riding, as well as skateboarding, I was brought here by a satyr named Marty...erm, my erm, best friend is a dolphin...named Rin. He lives in the Beach's ocean. What about you?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/13/2014, 8:30 pm

Allison braced herself for talking about herself, which she didn't like much. She liked listening more than talking."Well, I'm from Brighton, England originally, but when I was 12, I moved to nlive with my cousins in Phoenix, Arizona. My favorite color is yellow. I like makeup, and pretty clothes, books, and singing" Allison said with a smile.

[/quote]
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/13/2014, 8:35 pm

Bray smiled. "Cool. Don't see many Athena kids that like pretty clothes and stuff. Most are mind-full, opposite of Aphrodite's children, mind-less. It's just, I can't really imagine you with makeup. You look so pretty right now." He blushed a bit, laughing, then realized what he said. He let his heart speak instead of his mind. "I mean, um, wait, what? Who said that?" He looked in the other direction.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/14/2014, 10:42 am

Allison was shocked at what the boy said. She had been calls pretty before, but never with so little makeup on. "Oh, well, um, thank you." was all Allison the could manage, because she didn't believe him. She wasn't pretty right now, and she knew it.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/14/2014, 10:51 am

Bray blushed again. "So, um, what's your favorite color? Food?" He looked down at the grass, picking some out of the ground and throwing it on himself. How could he be so senseless that he called her pretty? Bray felt kinda bad, this was probably awkward for her. He didn't imagine Athena kids having very many relationships in their lives. He knew what he should do here, obviously, ask her out, like they do in those movies. But they did just meet and he really never did go on a date before, so. Maybe he should just be quiet and get to know her better.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/14/2014, 11:40 am

Allison felt a bit awkward now. She didn't think much about relationships and wasn't really sure that she was interested in one at the time. She shook it off though, because she didn't want it to be awkward. "Well, my favorite color is yellow and my favorite food is french fries." Allison said with a laugh.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/14/2014, 11:58 am

Bray smiled, nodding. "Cool." He was just being awkward now. He knew earlier she told him her favorite color was yellow, but he didn't know what else to say. He huffed, blowing his hair back a little. "Hey, Allison, do you want to maybe go do something later? Like, we could see a movie or go out to dinner." He looked down at the grass again, then looked up at the sun. Why did he have to be so bad at this. Bray looked back in her direction.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/14/2014, 2:39 pm

Allison sighed a little bit. She didn't really know how to respond. It was nothing against Bray, but she wasn't sure about a relationship. But, she couldn't say no. "Sure, but I don't want to commit to anything yet. I'm sorry. I'm not sure if I want a relationship yet. But yes, we can go do something later." Allison said, and then she looked down.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/14/2014, 2:43 pm

Bray nodded, fearing she would've said no. "OKay, but, we can still go somewhere as friends, right?" He smiled a bit at her. "How about them movies? There's one right here in camp, and I have some DVDs. He got up, brushing the grass off his pants, then held a hand to her to help her up. Bray understood she didn't want a relationship, but now their friendship would always be awkward. He didn't want to put her in a situation where she was questioning how she felt about him.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/14/2014, 8:26 pm

Allison smiled and stood up. She really needed a friend. "That sounds wonderful." The idea of him asking her out had already rolled off her shoulders. Allison didn't let things like that get to her. Bray seemed like he'd make good friend. "What do you wanna watch?" Allison asked.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/15/2014, 7:41 am

"What type of movies do you like? I'm really up for anything; I didn't watch very many movies growing up. I was and still am kinda a loner..." he drifted off sadly, then looked back up at her to say, "I mean, I have you now, so it's all good." He smiled, blushing a bit. "I mean as friends, yeah...friend..." Bray muttered the last part under his breath, kind of sadly. But, this was possibly his first real friend at camp ever. He had to make it last.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/15/2014, 10:51 am

Allison smile sympathetically. She felt bad about what she did, but Bray just didn't seem like the kind of guy for her. After Gavin, she was done with guys like that. She meant it that she wanted to be friends, though. "I don't care really. Just nothing too gory." Allison said with a shrug of her shoulders.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/15/2014, 2:15 pm

Bray nodded. "Is 8 tonight alright?" he asked. He felt like this was more or less a pity date, a way of Allison telling him 'we'll be friends forever, now just stop looking at me like that.' He looked over at the Athena cabin, studying it, before looking back at Allison. He tried to smile again, but he didn't naturally smile, really.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/15/2014, 8:28 pm

Allison smiled. "That's sounds good to me. Where do you want to meet?" Allison couldn't help but feeling bad, but she couldn't do anything now. If she said she changed her mind, he'd know that she was lying, and she couldn't just not talk to him. Allison did really want to be friends with him.

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/15/2014, 9:12 pm

Bray said, "I can just meet you right here." He felt sort of guilty. He didn't want to force her into any kind of date, pity or not. He just didn't know really what to do here. Should he just leave it on the friends' line and keep crushing on her? Should he leave it on the friends' line and stop crushing on her? Or should he try to lean their relationship to the romantic side?
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/15/2014, 10:33 pm

Allison nodded and sted to head up the stairs to her cabin, calling over her shoulder, "Okay.I'll see you there." Allison grabbed her book and opened up the door to the cabin. She stepped inside. Right befor the door closed behind her, she stopped it and stuck her head out. "And Bray, I'm sorry."

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 8/16/2014, 7:49 am

Bray looked at her. "It's OKay, not your fault," he said, then walked ahead, heading towards his cabin. Then, when he was a fair distance away, he looked back, hoping she wouldn't hear, and re-answered her question in a mutter, "I am, too." He continued walking, looking back away.

ooc: Time skip? Want me to make the topic and PM it to you?
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 8/17/2014, 1:02 am

ooc: yeah, that sounds good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 11:30 am