A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Forging in the morning

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Forging in the morning  Empty Forging in the morning

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 3:30 pm

LIFE'S TOO SHORT

It was Friday, which meant I had a forging lesson. I always loved forging but today wasn't my lucky day. At the moment, the instructor was calling out who was paired with who. My name hasn't been called yet, thank the gods. I was in the back of the group, sipping a juice box (I snuck it in, so far no ones noticed).
    And I know what your thinking. Why am I in the back in the group instead of the front? Its simple.

We're forging with the Chione cabin.
    Now normally I have nothing against forging with other people and I'm sure some other people in my cabin aren't so glad either but they can handle it. I can't. Reason is, I'm terrified of frost and ice. And being paired with one of them wouldn't be good for my sanity.
    But here I am, dressed in a black tank (I regret not bringing a jacket, its slightly colder in here with the Chione kids), black ripped up skinny jeans, red Nikes, and rubber bracelets that had Rolling Stones and Bon Jovi concert dates on. My hair was tied up in a messy ponytail, this time with a blonde streak in my hair. I was already sweating, luckily it wasn't as hot as usual.

"Adan L. with Alicia W." The instructor took forever. "Jia Li P. with Ezzy C." I started to zone out the rest once my name was called. Just my luck.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Forging in the morning  Empty Re: Forging in the morning

Post by daddeme 8/15/2014, 5:35 pm

Ezzy was a fun guy. He liked riding his skateboard, taking photos to help out Charlii. He would go bungee jumping, or volunteer to go alone to infiltrate the enemy's camp during Capture the Flag. Forging should be a piece of cake for him, right? It was just so hot in here. I know, he should be "happy" because he liked to stand out from his siblings and mother. But the usually cold aura around him nearly steaming. In fact, the whole Khione cabin that was here for their lesson was literally steaming from the heat. Ezra knew that most of the heat was caused from the fires and such, but he couldn't ignore the words formed from the mouths of his cabin blaming the Hephaestus kids. Some of them could use fire. Ezzy had no choice but to believe them. So badly did he wish he could just leave this forge all together. A lot of people from his cabin didn't like him because he was annoying and so...anti-Khione. The Hephaestus kids looked a bit scary - like, "I would stab you or crush you if I wasn't so socially awkward". And they were sweaty.

Ezzy did actually consider following his sister and ditching this lesson, but he had to pay attention to the instructor just in case he said his name. The wait was taking so long - why was it taking so long? Zoning out seemed to be the best option. Some of the Hephaestus kids were slipping on light jackets and grimacing, which seemed strange. Some of his brothers and sisters were taking off layers of clothing, mouthing a bunch of words of anger about it being to hot in here. Ezra resisted the urge to cry out "I'm MEEEEELTIIIING!" because he decided that now probably wasn't the most appropriate of times. In all honesty, Ezzy had prepared a little more than his cabin as he was wearing a Camp Half-Blood tank top and a pair of dark jean shorts. On his feet were his "Stroll in the Forest" Vans that  were already dirty just in case he messed them up more during forging. The only thing on his wrist was an old watch with a worn leather strap, and he had to keep wiping the steam from his huge glasses with his shirt. Oh, and he had on one of his beanies. He looked like your typical hipster, which he sort of was.

Jolted back into reality with an elbow to his ribcage, Ezzy looked up in fear. What happened? The person that elbowed him was saying something too quickly for Ezra to catch on. They gave up eventually, and Ezzy was still confused. When the crowd broke apart to go to their assigned stations, he finally got it. His name was called. Judging by the only person still there, Ezzy guessed that she was his partner for the project. He walked over, hesitantly at first, but soon a wide boyish smile grew as he got closer. Make the best out of this. That's what he'll try to do. Even if she was a girl...Geez, convincing himself that things would be fine wasn't going well.

"Hi." Ezra said in a voice he thought was quiet. It was difficult for him to really know how loud or soft he was talking since he couldn't hear himself so he tried his best to speak in what he believed was a quieter tone. With every word he said, his hands would sign along. "We're not partners, are we?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 8:37 pm

LIFE'S TOO SHORT

Everyone was already breaking into their own groups and so far, I was the only one who didn't have a partner that was here. But it turns out my partner was here, he just came right up to me and talking in a very soft voice. He was doing something weird with his hands. What was strange though was he that he was wearing a beanie in this heat, he kind've reminded me of a hipster.

"Yeah, I think I am." I chuckled, heading to the only station left. There wasn't really anything I could do now, maybe I can make a new weapon.

"My names Jia Li, but you could call me Jaylee if you want." I introduced, even though he obviously knew my name. I think.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/17/2014, 5:27 pm

Ezzy quickly followed after his partner, hurrying to be able to read her lips before she stopped talking. To make this easier the boy walked at her side so he could have a better view of her face. She introduced herself Jaylee the first time, then offered for him to call her by...Jaylee again? he must have read that wrong. She was talking faster than he was used to, but then again had he been paying attention to the instructor he would have known her name already. Ugh, but focusing was for boring people.
    "Alright, Jaylee. What're we making? We should make a rocket ship. We should definitely make a rocket ship." Ezzy thought that space was really amazing. He wanted to be an astronaut...someday. Not when he grew up, because Ezra Carmichael doesn't grow up. He wouldn't, he refused.

ooc: Ugh, this is a weak post. Sorry!
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/18/2014, 6:42 am

LIFE'S TOO SHORT

I laughed, looking up at my partner. He sure was funny and warm, note the irony. From my experience and what my half-siblings told me, the Khione kids were heart-less and snobby. But Ezzy, at least thats what I think his name is he hasn't told me his, he was like a little kid, which was adorable and annoying at the same time. Like, a spaceship? Thats kind've impossible to make (I could probably do it. Pfft yeah right!) here.

"I don't think we could make a spaceship Ezzy. Think again. I'm going to get the water." I left him thinking there, shuffling over where the buckets of water were. At one point, I bumped into several people (One had cold skin. Jeepers!) before I even touched the water. Luckily, I brought it back to Ezzy without bumping into anyone else.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/19/2014, 3:05 pm

"Okay!" Ezzy smiled, nodding as she left to go get the water. Then he started thinking of what they could build instead of a spaceship. A metal skateboard would be pretty wicked, too. Heavy. Slow. But wicked. Ezzy thought about it a little longer, leaning his hip against the table and concentrating. Nothing. He sighed of exasperation and a tiny little flurry responded. The tiny snowflakes melted as quickly as the formed. Ezra's eyes widened and he ran towards Jaylee as she was coming back with the bucket of water. He wasn't really paying attention, bumping into a lot of people like Jaylee had when she first left. A girl, upon contact, must have been really surprised because her skin was hot. Like, fire hot. It probably left a burn, but he kept going.
    "Jaylee! Jaylee! Do you wanna build a snowman?!" The boy said when he finally reached her. He was panting with a wide smile, hands signing vigorously with each word. "Not a regular snowman though. One that gets hot and cold! A robot-thing! You're good with building, right? Let's make a robotic snowman!" Ezzy was getting stank looks from the people he ran into, but he was currently too excited to care/notice. He wanted a snowman. He needed a snowman. It would work like a toy! He could walk it, make it blow fire like a dragon, freeze things like a...like an, um...well it could freeze things!
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/19/2014, 6:40 pm

LIFE'S TOO SHORT

"Jaylee! Jaylee!" I barely even turned around when Ezzzy came running up to me, failing his arms around like there was no tomorrow. I stared at him dumbstruck as he went on and on about....a mechanical snowman? Actually, that would be pretty cool, all made of steel and if we added wheels it would be mobile. Cool!

"Okay Ezzy, we'll build a snowman. Help me get this water back to the cartable." I told him, trying to hoist the water. It was actually quiet heavy, I ended up spilling water on my shirt when we reached the table. Great. And I had nothing to cover it up but it'll clear up since we're in a very hot place. Putting on a smile, I turned back to my partner, ignoring the awkward feeling I had from my shirt.

"Where do you wanna start first?" I asked.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/22/2014, 1:14 pm

Ezzy was so excited when she said yes that he almost gave her a bear hug. He was a hugger, you know. What stopped him was the giant bucket of water she was carrying in her hands, that he had already begun to help her with before she asked him to. The water was really heavy even with two people carrying it, but they eventually made it over to the table with not too much water spilled in the process. Ezzy's shirt was wet along his shoulder by the time they set it down, but at least Jaylee has spilled some water on herself also. Good, so he wasn't that clumsy after all. Jaylee turned to him as he watched a nearby group tinker away with supplies of their own. They were arguing. Over what, Ezzy wasn't sure. So he turned his attention back to Jaylee so that he didn't miss any instruction. Judging by how her mouth moved, she had either asked Ezzy "Where did you hide the Starbursts?" or "Where do you want to start first?" It was probably the second one considering his candy collection under his bunk did not feature any of the fruity sweets. They always got stuck in his teeth; he didn't like them much.

"We have to start with the base first." Ezzy smiled to his partner. He looked at the table in front of them for any type of supplies. There were these stray bits of metal that looked like extra shavings from another project. If they were malleable then they could be shaped into a hollow sphere of the sort. The main controls would have to be held inside of the base, such as temperature control and voice/sight recognition. A circuit board would have to be made. If they found wheels, they could work it like a remote control car. Ezra gathered up the bits of shaved metal scattered around the table as all of this and more rushed through his mind. He turned back to Jaylee. "We can put the brain thingy in the butt part." Genius.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/23/2014, 1:41 pm

LIFE'S TOO SHORT

I was busy collecting pieces while Ezzy was thinking. I was pondering as well. For starters, it would be kind've cool if we attach wheels to the bottom, we could make a circuit board so it could move around. I could rig it up to a little toy car remote, there's a bunch of them in my cabin. But I don't see any wires to make the circuit board, I'd have to make it in my cabin.
    I was brought out've my thoughts when Ezzy spoke. I had to smile, brain thingy? Butt thingy?

"Well, we can make the base now but the "brain thingy"," I used air quotes. "Would have to be made later. I don't see any wires to make it." I explained, taking a couple pieces of metal and kneeling on the ground.

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/24/2014, 7:17 pm

Ezra sighed, disappointed that the brain thingy had to wait until later. Yet he bounced right back and his smile returned to his happy little face. No biggie. Ezzy was just happy that he got a nice partner that didn't get angry when he wanted to make a snowman in his forging class. Yes, he mentioned the idea several times to several partners that either looked at him like he was crazy or mouthed a lot of rude words along with gestures.

Right now he was focusing more on the pieces of metal in his hands. He found one of those face-mask-helmets things that made him look like a low budget Stormtrooper and a type of clamp that held projects in place while you welded them. He placed one strip in the clamp and held another strip with some type of tongs (they weren't metal so they wouldn't burn his hand, and they weren't made of a material that would melt. It was interesting) as he searched for a pair of gloves and a welding thingy. Of course he couldn't be the one operating the welding thingy. The heat made him uncomfortable. He'd have to ask Jaylee after she did...well, whatever she was doing. Ezzy slid up his mask and looked down at her.

"What're you looking for?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/25/2014, 10:09 am

LIFE'S TOO SHORT

"What're you looking for?" I heard Ezzy ask. Taking a glance up, I couldn't help but smile at his appearance. He was wearing those masks you use for wielding and that usually gives me a lot of dirt on my face when I take it off and had what I call forging tongs. He looked like he came out've a low budget Star Wars remake.

"Just some more pieces for the base." I told him, grabbing a couple more. Now I just needed something to hold them together. Hmmm...

"Hey, how 'bout I do the wielding, you know, handle all the hot stuff, and you hold the pieces together?" I suggested.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 11:05 am