A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The beat drops and so do we

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

The beat drops and so do we Empty The beat drops and so do we

Post by beanie 10/1/2014, 3:47 am

Take me far away

Living at camp for a while had its perks. One of them was knowing when to speak up and when not to. Like right now, she wasn't going to saw anything about the Mars kids picking on some newbies right now. They were newbies which was ew. She was a newbie as well and that wasn't so good at times. Her first time in New Rome ended up with someone getting a bloody nose after a fight. Oops.
    Jordan wasn't even sure why she had come to New Rome. It was the music, she was so intent on listening to her music anywhere, that anywhere turned into New Rome. Right now, Nine in the Afternoon was playing (which was ironic since it was almost nine at night now) and she turned the volume up full blast, the bass blasting through her earphones.

She was wearing her black boots, which made a lot of noise as she walked, her gray jeans, black Pokemon shirt, and her dark purple pull up sweatshirt. Her hair was left messy, the locks scattering across her shoulders. Her silver chocker was around her neck, not punishing the slightest, while a bunch of rubber bands dangle from her wrist. Jordan had these weird bags under her eyes from lack of sleep yesterday, it was a long story.

Tag

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The beat drops and so do we Empty Re: The beat drops and so do we

Post by Morgan Landry 10/1/2014, 8:57 am

Tiberia was hanging out at the Capitoline quarter of the city, sitting with some friends next to the fountain in the Venus Murcia plaza. She was wearing a fashionable navy blue one shoulder top with white shorts and peep-toe ankle strap high heels in deep blue color. Her thick dark curls swept over her shoulders, hiding her golden seashell earrings. It was good to go to New Rome, see her family, or just hang out with friends, like right now. Some of her friends had slowly broken away from her when she was ten because she was in the Third Cohort and that wasn't as good as what they had (most people who came from New Rome had good recommendation letters, so they generally got into the First and Second, but despite having those letters, being the granddaughter of Neptune had taken its toll on her and she had been assigned to the Third Cohort). But Tiberia had rubbed it right into their faces by being proud of it. That was why she usually dressed in outfits with a nautical hue, with rudder pendants, starfish rings, anchor bracelets or seahorse ankle chains. Look at me, it seemed to say. My heritage is awesome.
    And after Percy Jackson had come to Camp Jupiter, people had started to say that Neptune wasn't so bad after all. But now those people had turned their back on her again because Percy was considered a runaway and traitor to the Legion, along with Frank Zhang and Hazel Levesque. What a pity.

She kept talking and joking with her friends, the night falling around them. The fountains got lit with artificial light, making the water glow under the huge statue of Venus towering over them. It must be around nine pm, Tiberia thought. Two more hours, then I go back. Earlier that day, she and her twin Decimus had gone back home to spend some time with their family. She had played gladiator with her twelve-years-old brother Kaeso, who was now two years into the Legion, Fourth Cohort, then they had eaten lunch in one of the parks of New Rome. Even at night, the fragrance of honeysuckle and lime was delicious.

Tiberia spotted a girl walking across the plaza. It was Jordan, a daughter of Vesta. She was one of the newer legionnaires, as could be seen by her probatio sign, and Tiberia smiled. The girl must be very new, probably why she was exploring the Urbs at this hour. Night life here was pretty amazing: there were a lot of bars and restaurants, dance clubs and sometimes fireworks. Partying here was awesome, Tiberia spoke from experience. She wondered if the girl wanted to have a look.

"Hey," she said, standing up from her spot on the edge of the fountain to walk over to the girl. "Hi there," she smiled. "Remember me? I'm Tiberia."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/1/2014, 8:16 pm

Take me far away

It was only a while when Jordan saw a certain someone. Liberia. She was in 3rd Cohort and a granddaughter of a major sea god. She has seen the legacy train, she was very good. She was probably put in her cohort because of the up-roar with Percy. Jordan could relate but lets not go into detail with that.
    Tiberia's lips were moving but Jordan couldn't hear what she was saying. Lifting a finger, she pressed pause on her music, popping her headphones out.

"Yes I remember you. I'm Jordan." The brunette introduced, coming closer to the fountain. "Whats up?"

Tag

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/2/2014, 1:48 am

"Oh, the usual," Tiberia replied, her blue eyes looking darker in the night. "I'm just hanging out here with friends. Is this your first time here in New Rome?"

They sat next to the fountain, and Tiberia looked up at the Venus statue. It was very big, about two meters fifty, and represented the goddess with only a palla on her shoulders, her hair pinned up and crowned with golden myrtle branches. Tiberia had seen Venus once in her life, and she remembered her as the most beautiful creature she had ever laid eyes upon.

OOC: There's something wrong with your code, it's getting out into my posts. You must have forgotten to close a tag.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/4/2014, 1:26 pm

Take me far away

OOC: its my siggie thats there.
    BIC:Jordan sat down at the edge of the fountain, one leg propped up while her hand traced little circles in the water. Nearby was the Venus statue, of course it had captured the goddesses beauty. Jordan has never seen the goddess but she was sure that she's more than pretty.
    "Is this your first time here in New Rome?" Tiberia had asked. Even though she's only been here for almost half a year, she had never come to New Rome before, though she chose to ignore coming here for reasons.

"Yeah, think you could show me around?" Jordan asked.

Tag

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/6/2014, 9:17 am

"Of course!" Tiberia said and stood up. "I've grown up here, I know the city by heart."

She turned to her friends, who had listened, and asked if they would come along, to which most agreed. After a quick introduction of everybody, Tiberia led Jordan out of the plaza, her friends next to them. They were six in total, two from the First Cohort, one from the second, and one from the Fourth. They all agreed on showing her to the Colosseum first because of the beautiful night lights and the view from up there -- with a bit of climbing of course, but they knew how to do that.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/6/2014, 7:28 pm

Take me far away

"Of course!" Tiberia had agreed, getting up so Jordan could follow. As happy as she was, Jordan wasn't so happy at meeting Tiberia's friends. Big groups weren't her speciality, they make her angry and being angry makes her she-hulk. Especially when some of them were in the greater cohorts, they make her tense.

"Are we climbing that thing?" She asked, pointing at the Colosseum. It was pretty high not like the trees she climbs in San Francisco.

Tag

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/7/2014, 2:01 am

"Yep," Tiberia replied. "Don't worry though, there's rope in the gladiator rooms. So, where are you from?" she asked.

She liked to hear from people across the world. Having practically never left New Rome -- except to go to San Fran or hike in Colorado with her family -- she was always very curious as to where everyone was from, how it was over there and in how far it differed from here. She had to say, most of the cities seemed very weird to her, all dirty and stained with graffiti. She was inhabited to the clean, glowing marble of New Rome, the golden columns, temples, palaces and gardens, the whole place bursting with flowers.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/7/2014, 2:39 am

Take me far away

"Yep." Tiberia had answered which made Jordan gulp. She shouldn't really be complaining, if anything she should get used to it. It actually sounded like fun and she could do it with or without Tiberia. Then she asked about the outside world. That was a sore subject but she'll give a not so detailed response.

"I lived in San Francisco for my most of my life, that was when the wolves found me and I met Lupa. To be honest, I'd rather live in New Roem than outside." She answered truthfully, walking alongside Tiberia. "I'm guessing you always lived in New Rome?"

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/8/2014, 9:18 am

"Indeed," Tiberia replied. "Born here, grew up here. I only leave when I go to San Fran on permission to watch a movie or just hang out, or when I go hiking with my family in Colorado."

"Are you gonna see Maze Runner?" a friend of hers asked, a girl with blonde curls called Jenna.

"Of course," she said. "I've been waiting for that movie forever. I read all the books, the movie better be good."

"There's Dylan O'Brien," another girl said with an adoring expression.

"And the guy who plays Eustace in Narnia," Tiberia added with a smirk while her friend started fangirling over Dylan O'Brien. "Are you gonna watch it, Jordan?" she asked.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/9/2014, 7:41 pm

Take me far away

Jordan half-smiled, listening to Tiberia's friends conversations. They were talking about maze Runner, a brand new movie that Jordan probably wouldn't have seen just yet. Her friends actually seemed funny, Jordan had snickered when one of the girls started fingerling over the star which was pretty funny.

"I'm not sure. Maybe I'll see it." She said with a shrug.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/10/2014, 4:57 am

"If you want, you can come and watch with us. And afterwards we can go to a restaurant, there's this fabulous sushi place in San Fran..."

"Ew, sushis," one of the girls said.

"Sushi is love," Tiberia chuckled.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/12/2014, 11:11 am

Take me far away

Jordan smiled with a shrug. "Maybe I will." She managed to get out before the topic was switched over to sushi. Jordan smiled, this was a quirky bunch. She never really had many friends, most of them are the ones in her cohort and they barely talk to her. These guys were, nice? She shouldn't be saying that since she just met them.
    "Sushi is nice." Jordan commented before looking up at the Colosseum.

"So are we gonna climb this or not?" Jordan asked a little impenitently.  

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/12/2014, 3:26 pm

"Someone's impatient," Tiberia said with a smirk. "This way."

They went to the small gladiator entrance and pushed open the wooden door, sliding in. Inside, Tiberia found the switch and the next second, the torches either side of them caught fire, lighting the way. They first went to the changing rooms to get some rope then out into the marble bleachers. The night air was cold and crisp, the sky pinned with faraway clusters of white stars. Sometimes, when Tiberia looked really long, she could see a blue or red one.

"Let's go," a blonde said and made for the top bleachers, the other girls in tow.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/12/2014, 7:09 pm

Take me far away

"I'm excited. Theres a difference." She said with an eye roll though Jordan was smiling.
    The gladiator entrance always freaked her out. She had never been in here and it did seem a little creepy at first. When the lights flickered on, she was a little more calmed, more fascinated. It was pretty cool in here actually.

"Are these used a lot?" She asked, following the rest of the group.  

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/17/2014, 4:56 pm

"Yes they are," Tiberia replied. "One evening every week, we come here from the military compound and have games. Citizens usually assist. Remember the movie Gladiator? Pretty much the same, but with more variety. You can try yourself out at several styles, personally, I'm more of a retiarius or a myrmidon."

They scaled up the bleachers to the part where niches lined the walls. During the games, purple draperies were hung here on horizontal wooden poles to protect the spectators from the sunlight; but at night, they were all carefully put away, giving Jordan, Tiberia and her friends free room to climb.

"Let's go," the brunette said, tied the rope around her waist and started climbing up, using the niches as grips and holds. Tiberia soon followed up, stepping on the shoulder of a Roman emperor, probably Marcus Aurelius, and heaved herself upwards more and more.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/18/2014, 5:16 pm

Take me far away

"Cool." Jordan said with a fascinated smile. There was a certain community home in the city where they'd play old movies every Saturday. Jordan used to sneak in and steal some popcorn. Her favorite were those old movies like Gladiator and Rocky.
    They had started to scale the bleachers, climbing step by step. Occasionally Jordan would stop and gaze onto the arena. She could picture the people screaming, the gladiators fighting and all the cool stuff that probably happened. There was always that little tug of the rope that was tied around her waist and she followed behind Tiberia, climbing a statue of some emperor.

"What else do the kids do for fun here?" She asked curiously.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 3:32 am