A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

cool kids don't dance

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

cool kids don't dance  Empty cool kids don't dance

Post by jake. 10/30/2014, 4:36 pm

cool kids don't dance  Banksy-black-and-white-boy-glasses-hair-Favim.com-211172

cole... wasn't exactly the dancing type. he was from camp jupiter, and camp jupiter didn't do dances. it was simple. easy peasy. just like that. he was a leader, he needed battles and weapons and sacrifice and orders and blood and guts and courage. not... this. a few decorations where hung up here and there, a couple'a pumpkins standing around sadly. cole wondered if they wanted to dance too. wait... what? too deep, man. too deep. he shuddered with the thought. a few of the venus girls back at camp had told him and convinced him to go as a 'smoking hot vampire'. it was a pretty intresting stament. hot or not, he did it anyway. his hair was gelled completely back, giving it a count drac look, and a few trivia's had manipulated the mist to give him vampire teeth. his eyes were covered with blood red contacts, and he wore a ankle-long cloak with high red collar for the extra spice. he was wearing some totally out of place red converse, a black t-shirt, and a pair of black khakis underneath. he had been asked to dance, like, around three times now. every single time he had said no. most of the girls were not his type, and the other one was dressed up so freakily, he couldn't bear to look at her. nonetheless, on the inside of his cloak he carried a long IG dagger, and his golden necklace was strung around his neck. (a.k.a his golden shield. cool weapons for the win.) and eventhough cole was sorta lonely, he still decided that it was quite fun. he had a glass of blood red punch in his hand, a slice of pizza on a paper plate, and a few sweets in the other hand. he couldn't really eat though. the vampire teeth really were unconventional.

cool kids don't dance  378243c7113f449a32e8cbe6016e78a7

miles had shown up just because he wanted to drink. his eyes were foggy and misty, his headache getting worse and worse, and to put it simply; he was pretty darn drunk. hermes kids and told him to chug down quite a few sneaky shots. it wasn't the greatest expierience of his life, but some of the hot girls had been cheering him on. that was a plus, wasn't it? right now he was just standing there, leaning over a table, throwing up into a plastic bin, another girl holding a hand on his shoulder. he was homesick and sick and everything he could think of at once. he mumbled something to the girl, his blue lips formed into a fake smile. "i'm okay." he grumbled and leant over to throw up again. that punch must've gotten some alcohol in it, too. some of the other kids had gotten argus to go away, aswell as any other mentors or camp directors. for all he knew, this party wasn't exactly his party. halloween partys were supposed to be fun. it had just gotten a little out of hand for miles. all the others were just softly drunk and dancing happily with others, a slight happy slur to their words. but not miles. miles had to get the full-on treatment, oh yes. the girl inched away from him, and as he tried to grope for her hand, she gave him a 'sorry' look and dissapeared into the thrumming crowd of other people. crap. now who was going to incourage him to puke out his stomach? he heard another guy mumbling to another and pointing at miles. miles waved his hand in a dopey movement, a stupid, drunken grin plastered to his chalky face. miles hadn't dressed up very much. he had gelled back his messy black hair, thrown on a black denim jacket, some trainers, his best jeans, and a white-t-shirt. a couple girls a flirted with him, but when they realized he was p*ss drunk they hurried off and acted like nothing happened. his eyes swam, probably with tears of pain from the splitting headache, or possibly because he felt like it. he retched once more into the bucket, and then he finally felt like it was over. he vomited again, however. this was so unreal. no one else had this. one other person. and they had been carried back to their bunk with by a bunch of underdressed girls. that wasn't bad. he, however, was gonna get kicked in the podex by chiron and mr.d and everyone else. and he would have a hangover. those were the worst, i tell you. the worst.

Last edited by Jake Landry on 11/1/2014, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

cool kids don't dance  Empty Re: cool kids don't dance

Post by Morgan Landry 10/30/2014, 4:43 pm

Ooc: please include the BoO spoiler tag in the title since you're posting with a Roman demigod :)

Bic:

As a cabin leader, Lakisha was required to attend dances and events -- most of the time because she helped organizing them. This year, the Halloween dance was well decorated in her opinion, the dance floor and its surroundings having been set in the meadow around the Mess Hall. The meadow itself had been transformed into a huge graveyard with crooked crosses and tombstones, a hue of green fog snaking around the place. Jack o' lanterns dotted the place, the Demeter cabin obviously having had fun judging from the unnatural size of the pumpkins and the creativity of the carved faces. The Hephaestus's had engineered small devices that made smoke in the shape of a ghost puff up so that phantoms randomly appeared here and there. Lou Ellen, dressed up as Moaning Myrtle, was having fun making her body translucent with a spell and spooking everyone who looked like they were going to the bathroom.
    The buffet was in the meadow but the main part of it was in the Mess Hall, where tombstones had been arranged into surprisingly comfortable chairs and tables, lit by a black candle or a carved pumpkin. Hovering stroboscopes floated over the dance floor, party music crashing into their ears.

Lakisha was making a point to stay away from there -- she wasn't exactly here to dance, more to help supervise the whole thing. She was dressed as the White Witch, in a flowing white haute couture dress, icicles holding her up-pinned auburn hair. She had blue eye shadow and white gloss to appear cold -- well, colder than she actually was. In her right hand, she held an ice staff and from time to time she'd make ice grow under her feet when she walked so it left an ice trail behind her.
    She spotted a boy she didn't know, dressed as a vampire though figured he must be a Roman. Lakisha wasn't exactly the type of person to go buddy-buddy with people but since she cared about the Greco-Roman friendship, she gave him a polite nod.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 11/1/2014, 1:59 pm

maybe
    there's a god above, but all i ever learned from love was how to shoot someone who outdrew you.

cole was sipping on his fruit punch when his eyes grazed over a girl dressed up, looking like some sort of ice queen. she was across the room from him, and cole saw her nod in his direction. cole nodded back, his eyes flickering over her features. she was pretty good looking, cole guessed, and from here you could see she had mismatched eyes; one blue, one green. her make up only brought it out even more. icicles were pinned in her hair, making it stick up in a way cole thought was pretty neat. made her look like an emperor. she was a greek, cole would've seen her in camp jupiter before. she seemed like a leader. a memory flicked on in his head; she was lakisha, counsellor of the khione cabin. she radiated authority; cole liked that. not like he would ever admit it, but still. she was like reyna, but in her own way. she not only radiated power, but also haughtiness and an aura of --no pun intended-- frostiness that made cole shiver, even from the distance. he walked over to the bowl of fruit punch, and made himself another glass. he set the glass down, and picked up a ripe peach, the soft skin of it cold and crisp. he let his teeth sink into the pale fruit, and smiled into the bite as the sweet taste coursed its way through him. this party wasn't too bad after all, really. his eyes kept darting to the girl. this was unusual. usually, cole was calm and assertive, ready to confront anything. his muscles were tense and stiff, his teeth biting absently at his bloody *fake blood lol* lips. he sipped from his punch occasionally, watching the others dance.

cole braxton | fourth cohort | legacy of pluto

|

Last edited by Jake Landry on 11/3/2014, 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/2/2014, 9:05 pm

cool kids don't dance  RjRLJcool kids don't dance  015cool kids don't dance  2795557

Lakisha was talking here and there, exchanging a couple of words with Jake Mason before pointing an Apollo kid and a Dionysus boy over to a girl who obviously had had too much to drink so they could help her out, stopping a candy fight at a table of the Mess Hall, in short, stopping things from sliding into chaos. She was standing at the corner of the buffet now, looking at the dancing demigods. The youngsters were asked to go to bed, as they were under curfew, but once that was done, the party started to get into new levels. Almost everybody was on the dance floor, some jumping to dance on tables, drinks spilled out on the floor as the Hephaestus guys made use of a huge range of self-engineered light effects to get everyone in tune, the DJs raising the volume of the music and having the bass go deeper.
    Lakisha still wouldn't dance though. She saw no use there. Ice had started forming around her feet and bottom of her staff to outbalance the heat of all the bodies here -- she just couldn't stand crowds. Too loud, too hot, too sweaty.
    When she glanced at the buffet, she saw the Roman guy she had nodded to earlier glance at her. Should she start a conversation? Perhaps. At least she'd have something to do other than stopping candy fights.

"You don't look like you're overly enjoying yourself," she noted. "I believe you prefer the parties in New Rome?"
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 11/3/2014, 9:16 am

maybe
    there's a god above, but all i ever learned from love was how to shoot someone who outdrew you.

cole heard the girl talk to him, and he realized he was sort of staring at her eyes. they were pretty intresting, after all. all multicoloured and stuff. he shrugged, and gave a little smile. "probably." he mumbled and rocked backwards on his heels, the smile on his face getting broader by the second. "nice place you got here, though." he said and shrugged slightly, a crooked grin now firmly placed on his lips, showing his shining white teeth. his teeth were nice. always white and shining. couldn't seem to get dirty. he brushed a loose strand of black hair away from his face and walked casually over to a small table in the corner of the room, overviewing a large chunk of the mess hall. he sat down, his legs dangling over the edge of the three legged stool, it looked like the ones you had at pubs. there was a skull on the table, and some blood red gummy worms, which he took  and stuffed into his cloak pocket. if he had the chance to eat sweets today -- he would take the chance. he was here for a week or so; but he sure would be returning if this is what all the parties here were like. amazingly, some people had told him they were. he patted the stool across from him, gesturing at her to take a seat with a polite expression on his face. he hooked his thumb behind the two glued on fake fangs, and popped them off. they were easy to put on and take off. he put them neatly into his pocket. "i'm cole." he said, and nodded, eyes flickering towards the crowd of people. after a moment, he stuck his hand out, the other still in his pocket. "you?" he knew who she was, but she didn't know that. he preferred actual introductions, they were waaaay more fun. "why weren't you dancing?" he mumbled, then raised his hand to order a coke. it came in a few seconds, the demigod waiter smiling at him and wandering back off. "shame, really." he said and shrugged, taking a sip from his ice cool drink with pleasure. the wave of sugar hit him and he smacked his lips instantly.

|

Last edited by Jake Landry on 11/3/2014, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/3/2014, 12:33 pm

Lakisha followed him to the table, sticking her staff to the ground with ice. She had seen Cole put some sweets in his pocket but didn't really care -- nearly everybody did it.
    So she sat opposite of him on a tombstone-shaped chair, the sleek black table lit by two long black candles and a small pumpkin carved with a ghost face. The boy took off his fake fangs, put them away, then stuck his hand out at her.

"I'm Lakisha," she said, briefly taking his hand in her own, glad there wasn't any saliva on it from taking the fangs out of his mouth. His skin was much warmer than hers, she noted, which wasn't surprising. Her body temperature was always perceived as ice cold. She took her hand back to point the number four with her fingers to one of the Dionysus kids who were currently taking care of the bar. He nodded, mixed the cocktail which was n°4 on the board behind him and brought it to her. It was a small martini glass filled with an amber-red drink, rimmed with orange sugar and decorated with black olives. Normally, she didn't drink alcohol, except at the high society receptions her father and grandfather organized in Sweden, but tonight, she might as well have a bit. Alcohol had a way of warming her throat, reason why she didn't drink much of it.

"I'm not here to dance, I'm here to take care of the party guests," she explained. "Though I can ask you the same question."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/3/2014, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 11/3/2014, 1:05 pm

maybe

cole glanced at her. "though i can ask you the same question." she said. why was he here? he didn't dance anyway. he stood up, brushing off his hands on his cloak. "actually. i came here to dance." he mumbled, offering her a hand, the other behind his back. "and i know that you're probably going to send me off; but it's worth a try. even though you and me aren't the dancing type..." he said sleepily, "lets give it a try. i'm not here to sit around, after all." he raised his right eyebrow. "and don't worry. i'm not making a move on you. i just find it a shame that you wouldn't dance, especially with you looking so stunning." his voice wasn't flirtatious; it was bare serious. he nodded, accompanying the words he slowly said, awaiting an answer from lakisha.

|

Last edited by Jake Landry on 11/4/2014, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/3/2014, 4:04 pm

"I don't dance," Lakisha told him. "But I'm sure there are plenty of girls who'd love to twirl about in the arms of a Roman."

She sipped her drink, tasting the molasses aroma in the golden rum and the herbal flavors of the dry, clean martini. There was an aftertaste of olives.
    This boy Cole seemed like a charmer to her. I'm not trying to make a move on you but you look stunning. That may wrap quite some girls around his finger but she had better things to do.

"Though if you do go dancing, I suggest you stay on the right side of the dance floor. The other side is very sticky with spilled drink."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 11/4/2014, 10:56 am

maybe

cole stared at her for a few seconds, then returned his hand swiftly. he mumbled something and sat back down again. he shrugged it off. later. "no, i'd not really like to dance with the venus -- i mean aphrodite children. or anyone else, for that matter." he said, his black, earthy eyes giving her another stare. "but if you prefer not to, i can accept that." he said and ate a gummy worm in silence. he gritted his teeth. what was he thinking, trying to dance with her? he hardly ever asked people to dance, and especially not people like lakisha. he would stay well away from her if she was roman.

|

Last edited by Jake Landry on 11/4/2014, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/4/2014, 12:14 pm

Lakisha gave him the slightest of nods whilst taking a sip of her drink. The orange sugar was making its whole aroma fruitier, a very tasty choice if you ask her.
    She glanced at the inside of his arm and saw the strange sign she had seen on Hazel Levesque's forearm. "You're a descendant of Pluto?" she asked, tilting her head slightly to the right. "I didn't know there were others apart from Hazel."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 11/4/2014, 12:27 pm

maybe

he smiled at her, tilting his head to the other side, so that they were almost matching. he grinned, put his head back straight, and nodded, sipping from his can of coke. "s'far as i know, i'm one of the only one right now at camp, yeah." he said and shrugged. "pluto is known as bad luck around camp. same goes for hades, i assume?" he said, his eyes glittering with pride. even though pluto was stamped off as an oddball, he was a powerful god, and cole liked that.

|

Last edited by harry styles. on 11/8/2014, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/5/2014, 12:00 pm

"We only have one child of Hades here, and we don't exactly shut him out. It appears he shuts himself out," Lakisha casually said, finishing her glass. The alcohol really burned the inside of her throat so she told herself it'd be the last bit she'd drink of it tonight. As of now, she'd stick with virgin cocktails and icy water.

"But you know this boy, don't you? He's your ambassador of Pluto."
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 11/8/2014, 1:45 pm

maybe

he gave her a puzzled look, then it clicked in his head. nico... something something. he nodded, his jaw clenched. sometimes he was quite jealous of him. not of his looks or life or anything, but of his powers. he was really powerful, while all cole could do was summon some lameo undead soldiers. not that that wasn't cool, but whilst nico could summon like, what, 30? 40? he could summon, like.... 3. which was true. that was as far as his powers ranged. cole had heard that nico had travelled over 100 miles per shadow travel, and he had shadow travelled with a golden statue and two other people. but it could've been worse. he could've ended up with no powers at all. "shuts himself out..." mumbled quietly. it sounded almost like him. maybe all pluto kids where supposed to be like him?

|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 3:01 am