A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

outside the box

outside the box Empty outside the box

Post by Guest 11/2/2014, 7:15 pm

joel was awoken by a shout. he shoots up in his bed and looks around, his hair disheveled and a confused look slapped on his face. across the room another demigod sitting up in his bunk, his blanket held up to his face. "stop waking everyone up with your dumb nightmares!" joel shouts at him, which probably woke up even more kids. the demigod then lies back down on his bunk and tries to fall asleep, however, it eludes him. with a sigh, joel rolls out of his bunk and onto the floor with a soft thud. the boy then proceeds to grab some day clothes out of the dresser next to his bed and quickly exchanges his sleep attire for them. once he is all dressed up, the son of bia walks out of the cabin, slamming the door behind him.

the gusty, gelid air greets joel the moment he steps out of the cabin. the boy shudders and digs his hands into his jacket pockets. the sun was barely peeking out from the horizon, but it illuminated the space around joel enough so that he could see clearly. the demigod sits himself down on one of the many benches that encircled a fountain in the middle of all the cabins. it was much more peaceful outdoors than inside his cabin, where apparently people couldn't sleep without being awoken by shouts every ten minutes. joel ends up closing his eyes and tilting his head back, taking in the crisp fall air and the sounds of early morning birds. he was glad that no one else was around to make loud noises or anything else of the sorts. it was just him and nature. much better.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 3957
    Registration date : 2012-03-15

outside the box Empty Re: outside the box

Post by Blaze 11/2/2014, 8:20 pm

EIRIKA VERSITYLYTI
    Arke
    Eirika was awoken by some kid’s shouts just as she saw the first, small rays of dawn come through the wood behind her bed. Then, another guy across from him started yelling, and Eirika tried to curl up and go back to sleep again, desperate to avoid conflict. Especially at the brink of dawn. That was just ridiculous.

Before she closed her eyes, she heard the thud of the cabin door closing. She looked around, and practically everyone had forgotten or ignored about what had just happened, so she snuck down the top bunk, careful not to wake her older brother Ephraim and went to the cabin bathroom. The Other Gods cabin was huge, and no one wanted to use the actual bathroom, so they built an extension. She opened the wooden door, trying not to make a sound and took her clothes in to go change. She threw on a pink blouse and some dark blue shorts and snuck out of the cabin.

As soon as she stepped out and shut the door, she immediately regretted it. The cold bit her skin harshly, but she could manage. After all, it couldn’t get worse. She started to look around for who had left the cabin this early in the morning, and saw few figures. There was a guy on a bench facing away from the fountain, so she stood on her toes and silently snuck over to the closest cabin to him and hid behind one of the walls.

Post by Guest 11/3/2014, 7:45 am

joel could've sworn that he heard something or someone moving; the creak of a cabin door maybe? joel sits himself ramrod straight and looks around at the cabins that encircled him. he saw nothing but shadows cast along the ground. none of them moved though, so there was no evidence of anyone else being out here but him. still, he had started to get this itching feeling that someone was watching him. he couldn't shake the feeling no matter how many times he looked around and closed his eyes and tried to relax. there was someone out here with him, but where, and why would they hide? maybe it was a harpy. now that would not be fun to fight this early in the morning. also because joel found himself to have no weapons of any sorts on him. he didn't enjoy fighting, so what was the point of carrying weapons on him constantly? there was none.

a few minutes pass and joel just sits there, his head hanging down and his eyes closed. he takes deep breaths in and out. the early morning air rushing to and from his lungs felt refreshing and calmed the demigod down a little bit. he wasn't panicking or anything, but he was a bit curious as to what was out here with him. every once in a while he would hear a creak or a snap, but every time he forced himself to believe that it was just the wind. why did he feel so on edge today? usually the son of bia could care less if some unknown was outside with him. today he felt different. maybe it was from the eeriness of the wind howling or from the joyous chirping of morning birds. whatever it was, it made joel feel uncomfortable and he was not okay with that. he had hiked up volcanoes, rode his bike through hazardous trails, gone wing-suiting, skied down enormous mountains covered in feet upon feet of powder, but a few simple noises made him feel uncomfortable.

what is it?
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 11/3/2014, 10:00 am

EIRIKA VERSITYLYTI
    Arke
    Eirika, admittedly, had never done this before. She didn’t feel comfortable watching others. Well, strangers, at least. She didn’t mind sneaking around to see what her lame brother was doing, because, well, it was her business. Kind of. But now, watching this boy, she felt hesitant, the creak and snaps were Eirika stepping on dead leaves and twigs as she stepped back and forth, deciding whether or not to approach the boy.

She snuck around the cabins to the bench across from where he was sitting and rushed up to it. She crouched down, so the fountain would hide her from view, and finally, after much hesitation, she took a seat down on the bench. She felt her teeth chattering, but she covered her mouth to hide the sound.

She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. She didn’t know what to say.

Post by Guest 11/3/2014, 10:33 am

joel's mind was soon enough stopped in its tracks as a girl approaches from behind the fountain and sits herself down on a bench. so he was right. there was someone who was most likely watching him. he couldn't prove that the person had been stalking him, but why else would she be out here and, for some reason, staring at him with her mouth open, as if she was a fish out of water gasping for its source of life. joel casts her a quick glance, but figures that it would be best if he left her unnoticed. the mysterious girl seemed to not want to talk, so joel wasn't going to attempt to talk to her. that would probably be for the best.

but what if something is wrong? what if she needs someone to talk to? what if? joel's mind starts to run rampant, coming up with a bunch of different excuses to talk to the girl. he wanted to talk to her for a reason, not just out of simple curiosity. the demigod quickly comes up with words to say in his head. talking wasn't an issue for him. he could chatter away to someone he didn't even know, which he probably would demonstrate right now.

"hey," the boy starts as he stands up and starts walking over to her. as he comes to closer to her, the features of her body become more apparent. this girl looked familiar. joel had seen her before, but couldn't make out where. oh well, he would most likely find out soon enough. the son of bia walks over to the bench next to the one the girl was sitting on and spins himself so he is facing her. "are you okay?"
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 11/3/2014, 7:28 pm

EIRIKA VERSITYLYTI
    Arke
    Eirika was still staring at the spot the boy was sitting in, not realizing that he had stood up and was now walking towards her. When he spoke, everything that she wanted to say to him rushed out.

“Why’d you wake everyone up?” Eirika covered her mouth quickly. “I’m fine,” she answered plainly, crossing her legs and fixing her hair. How normal. She was definitely great in social situations. “Also, hi,” she added. Wow. She was stunning at this.

OOC: Short :(

Post by Guest 11/8/2014, 9:43 am

joel couldn't help but let out a childish grin at the girl's awkwardness. socializing was never really hard for joel, so he couldn't exactly understand what it was like to find it weird to talk to people. the demigod stares her dead in the eyes for a few seconds before turning his gaze to something that lay beyond her.

"don't blame that on me," joel starts. "it was that son of dike who sleeps across from me. he woke me up by shouting, so i retaliated by shouting," by now, the boy's grin had transformed into a energetic smile. he brought his eyes back down to look at his hands, which he found having a thumb war with each other.

ooc; same :(
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 11/8/2014, 1:41 pm

EIRIKA VERSITYLYTI
    Arke
    Eirka noticed that the boy was grinning. Great. She had made a fool out of herself. Though, after deciding to look at him when talking, she saw his eyes look past her and then back at his thumbs.

“Still, you shouldn’t yell,” Eirika said timidly. “Especially when people are trying to sleep.”

“Um...if I can ask, what were you looking at?” she questioned, her tone still as shy and mellow as ever.

Last edited by Blaze on 11/10/2014, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest 11/10/2014, 6:23 pm

joel
    the girl's voice snaps joel out of his spontaneous thoughts. "huh? oh yeah, uh, yeah, i don't really think before doing a lot of things. makes life more enjoyable and less repetitive. my outlook doesn't please everyone, but i'll never be able to do that no matter what i do." the boy ends his small speech with a shrug.

straightening out his black and maroon accented half-zip fleece, joel makes his eyes meet the girl's once again. "i was looking at the world that lay beyond you. i don't mean this to be rude, but i don't have the best attention span. also, you don't need to be so quiet. you can be as boisterous as you want!"

Last edited by toast on 11/12/2014, 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 11/10/2014, 6:59 pm

EIRIKA VERSITYLYTI
    Arke
    Eirika had a strong urge to shush him, but she only ended up telling him, ”Please don’t be so loud…” She didn’t want to get in trouble because some loud, hyperactive dumb@$$ was waking everyone up; not just in the cabin but out in the middle of the courtyard.

”I’d really rather not…” Being loud. confident, and boisterous wasn’t really...her “thing”.

Post by Guest 11/11/2014, 9:59 am

joel
    joel finds himself letting out a barely audible sigh. he didn't see why the noise was bothering this girl so much. joel loved noise. it made him feel alive! he finds himself looking at the ground before telling the girl "okay." people like this girl littered the camp. why were so many people quiet and shy? it didn't make any sense to the boy. maybe that was one of his flaws: he was too loud and most likely obnoxious. "i really don't think a simple conversation outside will wake everyone in the cabins up," joel replies to the girl, trying his best to keep his voice low.

Last edited by toast on 11/12/2014, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 11/11/2014, 11:42 am

EIRIKA VERSITYLYTI
    Arke
    Eirika could tell that she had made him a bit upset or sad, but his weirdly optimistic personality was still there.

“I don’t want to take any chances, really,” she replied. “Nobody wants to get stable duty…” she trailed off, looking elsewhere. You could say that she was just looking at “the world beyond” the boy, but she was just a bit shy and didn’t want to look him in the eye.

Post by Guest 11/12/2014, 10:28 am

joel
    a placid look swamps over joel's face as he listens to this girl talk. wow, talk about a rule follower. if he got stable duty? that just meant that it was time for him to plan a day trip for that exact day. no big deal, right? the boy slouches down in the bench, shoving his hands into the side pockets of his fleece, protecting them from a sudden blast of frigid wind. now he was starting to feel a bit awkward. this girl had gone against everything he lived for in roughly two minutes. biting the inside of his lip, the demigod tries to come up with something to say.

"why not? chances are what makes a person," the demigod ends up answering the girl's observation. he felt sort of like a jerk for questioning her so much, but he was extremely curious as to how this girl didn't like to take chances or seemingly enjoy life. it was odd and made joel feel unhappy. it was almost a goal in his life: to make people love their lives and live them to the fullest. if he couldn't do that, what good was he as a person?
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 11/12/2014, 7:52 pm

EIRIKA VERSITYLYTI
    Arke
    Eirika shivered at the sudden blast of cold wind. She wished she had brought a jacket or something, but she was in such a rush to find out what the boy was doing outside at this hour, she just threw on whatever and went outside.

“Chances are also what kills a person,” Eirika countered. Their personalities were obviously totally different. Though, she wanted to learn more about the boy (she wanted to learn more about everyone, but…). There was something to him other than being loud, confident, and, in her opinion at least, a bit annoying.

Being a huge rule-follower, Eirika’s idea of “fun” was much different from others, but she didn’t understand why. Fun was supposed to be safe, right? That was what she believed. You could have fun if you were being safe, yeah. She’d rather stick to that instead of almost getting decapitated or something.

Post by Guest 11/14/2014, 10:39 am

joel
    "no," joel interjects. "chances are what allow people to experience the world and try new things. if you get hurt, you get hurt. you take a chance just by walking down the trail, for you could trip and break your ankle or get attacked by a monster. chances are meant to be taken. let me ask you, have you ever felt the rush of adrenaline? have you ever been in a life or death situation, or one in which one mistake can put you in a hospital? the feeling you get when you come out of those situations safely make you truly appreciate life. it's like an addictive drug."

once he was done with his lecture, joel slumps his form down, trying to compact himself so he could retain body heat better. his glaze was now focused on his feet. he almost felt defeated, but he hoped that what he had just said would impact the girl somehow.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 11/23/2014, 10:53 pm

EIRIKA VERSITYLYTI
    Arke
    Eirika listened quietly to the boy’s lecture. She rubbed her arm, both cold and embarrassed.

“I’m sorry I made you angry,” Eirika replied, instinctively. Whenever anyone ranted at her, she felt that they were angry at her in some way. She possibly made the boy angry or mad in some way.

“Still...death is the ultimate punishment in all of this,” she said after an awkward silence. “If you die, you die. There’s no rebirth. I mean, there’s Lethe, but you’re not the same person as you were. I like myself. I don’t want to die and spend eternity picking flowers off an infinite field. It’s boring. The fun would wear off in the underworld, and I would be left sitting there. Dead.”

There was a nagging part in her saying that she was going to die anyways, so why shouldn’t she make her life fun? Better to die fun than live a boring life and die old. She brushed the thought off and looked at the boy, standing by her opinion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 7:43 pm