A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Nikki Dawnson, the remake

Nikki Dawnson, the remake Empty Nikki Dawnson, the remake

Post by Guest 11/8/2014, 9:16 pm

Name: Nicolette Elizabeth Dawnson. Nicolette means "two trees", and the name was given to her because her father named her after her great-grandma and he really liked the meaning. Elizabeth means "God is my oath". Her father always thought she would be a perfect little girl, and that was Iris's mortal name. The meaning of Dawnson is still not known, or the history behind it. Her nickname is Nikki.

Mortal Parent: Micheal Nicholas Dawnson. He was born in America too, and grew up in the northern States. He stayed in the area even after high school, and attended college there too. He got a degree in art and went on a business trip just a town over. That's how he met Iris. They met at a cafe and fell in love almost immediately. Her mortal name was Elizabeth White. They hung out every day on the trip, then he took her back home. They began dating and were dating for 3 months then got... busy... let's just say she got pregnant. They broke up immediately, and when Nikki was born she sent her back and left her to him. Her dad is currently an artist in Minot, North Dakota.

God Parent: Iris, goddess of the rainbow and messenger of the gods. The story of her and Micheal is above ^.

Date of Birth: May 19 1998, making her 16 years old.

Place of Birth: Minot, North Dakota

Hometown/Last Residence: Minot, North Dakota (Yes they are attached)

Race/ethnicity: Caucasian, German, Russian, Italian, Irish and a little bit Indian.

Accent: It's a Northern States accent, but has just a hint of Italian because of all the time she spends with her grandparents.

Skin Tone: It's a medium tan in the summer, and goes pale (not albino) in the winter.

Eye Color: It's a calming warm brown, and many people have said it looks like hot chocolate.

Hair Color: It's dark brown, but some people think it's black.

Hair Length: It's down to the middle of her back and it's straight, and she always wears it down. She only wheres her hair up when it's really hot or she's playing soccer.

Height: 5'6", around 152.4 cm.

Weight: 125 lbs, around 56 kg.

Body Type: She is slender and athletic, and has curves. She is really good at running, so her legs are a little muscular. With her personality, though, she sort of looks petite.

Appearance: For her face, she is pretty. I wouldn't call her head over heels gorgeous, but she's about average on that. Her eyes are a nice brown, and her nose is small and cute. She can make her hair cover her face if she wants too, but her friends tell her not to because they think everyone should see her warm eyes. Her body may start looking petite when you get to know her, but when you first see her she looks athletic and sort of muscular. She has excellent lower body strength. Her hands, though are usually drawing, so you wouldn't really refer to them as sort of muscular too. She never wears makeup and her normal wear is skinny jeans and a hoodie.
    She sorta looks like that \/
    Spoiler:

Weapon: A ten inch celestial bronze dagger named Lunar, which she will get from a Hephaestus demigod. (looking for rp)

Armor: She doesn't own any, but when it's Capture the Flag or something, she just borrows a chestplate.

Pet(s): Turkish Angora kitten named Cloud. She got Cloud right before her dad took her to Camp Half-Blood. She had been begging for a kitten, and her dad finally gave in and brought her to the pet store a week before CHB.
    Spoiler:

Skills/Talents:

• Running
    • Drawing
    • Soccer
    • Getting teachers to like her
    • Coloring
    • Art
    • Calming people down
    • Pegasus flying

Flaws:

• Likes drawing more than people
    • Falls in love too easily
    • Gets blinded by love
    • Really shy
    • Claustrophobic
    • Really annoying mole on her fore head

Strengths:

• Draws really well
    • Not a troublemaker at school
    • She can calm people down

Weaknesses:

• Can't make friends easily
    • Can't talk well when the attention is on her
    • Bad at sword fighting, archery, any type of combat
    • Claustrophobic

• Drawing
    • Running
    • Playing soccer
    • Her dad
    • Her stepmother
    • Her half-brother
    • Her art teacher
    • Art
    • Her friends
    • All the colors of the rainbow
    • Colorful things
    • Pegasi
    • Her kitten
    • Hamburgers

Dislikes:

• Those popular girls
    • Mean people
    • Bullies
    • The color grey (It's so boring)
    • Big loud dogs
    • Loud things
    • People who want conflict
    • Hurting people (physically)
    • Hurting people's feelings
    • Global warming I'm done
    • Violence

Fears:

• Someone in her family dying
    • Mankind destroying nature
    • Big crowds
    • People that are mad at her

Personality: Nikki is extremely pacifist. She doesn't like violence or even arguing. She is really kind, too. She doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so what's with the haters? She's shy, and claustrophobic. She seriously hates large crowds. She falls in love very easily, and had like 8 crushes in middle school. But the thing is, she will get blinded by love. She won't realize what's going on, all she cares about is the person she likes. She loves art, too. She'll draw anything, but it's mostly nature. She'll sometimes do a sketch of the guy she likes, and hide it somewhere where no one will ever find it. She carries her sketchbook absolutely everywhere. She has to draw where ever she goes.

Powers: Nikki can summon Pegasi. I know what you're thinking "What? Pegasi aren't Iris's sacred animals." But really I looked it up and I learned Iris can do it, so why can't Nikki? But anyway she can summon up to 2 Pegasi at a time, and she has an hour cooldown for 2 Pegasi and a 30 minute cooldown for 1 Pegasus. She can only do this 5 times a day. The Pegasi come from the wild, but when she's at Camp Half-Blood they will come from the stables. They need to be in a 3 mile radius to hear the summons. They will take her to where she needs to be then leave, but if they like her enough, they'll stay with her a little longer then leave when she realizes she doesn't need them anymore.

Social Status: Well, she's not a loner with no friends, but she's not popular. She has a couple of close friends, and that's all she needs.

Summer or Year Rounder: She's a year rounder, but goes home for the holidays.

Years at Camp: She's only been here for half a month.

Life Before Camp: As you already know, she was born then left with her father. When she was old enough, he told her about her mother and how she left. When her dad got married, she knew that wasn't her mom. But she wasn't sad. Her new step-mom Rose was really nice and loved Nikki. She had a normal life. Every now and then she would accidentally summon a Pegasus, but her dad would fix it and not tell anyone and pretend it never happened. When she was 12, she got attacked by a Dracanae. Story: She was really late for school and was running down the hallway to class. A Dracanae jumped out at her, and hurt Nikki's arm. Nikki screamed. Some people heard her and started coming. The Dracanae ran away before they got there. To the mortals it looked like she was crying and hurt in the hallway. Her dad decided to home school her after that. She still went to soccer, just not her school team. The month after the attack her step-mom had a baby. She then had her half-brother Jonathan. They began living a normal life again, only had a couple of monster attacks. Iris told him about the Gods and camp and Iris messaging and stuff before she left, and he really didn't want her to go there. But when Nikki was 16 (and Jonathan was 4), he couldn't do it anymore and Iris-messaged Chiron and she got sent to Camp Half-Blood.

Role-playing Example: Aww man, I was so late. It wasn't my fault the power went out and my alarm clock didn't work. I ran along the school hallways, almost to my class room. Something hissed. I froze. Then something really weird jumped out. It was sort of like a humanoid snake... Before I could realize what the heck it was it jumped at me and sliced my arm. I screamed. It started bleeding and it wasn't pretty.
    "What was that?" I could hear someone say. The monster looked around then ran out the front doors. I started crying and collapsed, sure I was going crazy.

Notes: Soccer is her only sport, except for running if you include that.

Last edited by liza7897 on 11/10/2014, 6:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Nikki Dawnson, the remake Empty Re: Nikki Dawnson, the remake

Post by Kendall 11/9/2014, 3:04 pm

I can't move this right now buttttt....

There's really no such thing as a "normal" accent -- everyone has one that usually stems from the place they live. For example, people who grew up in New Jersey have their own accent, as opposed to the ones that people from Boston have, and so on and so forth.

Will she be getting armor in the future?

Your image for the cat isn't available, apparently.

Does your character have a physical flaw somewhere? (If I missed it, I'm sorry.)

How did her father know Chiron's phone number?

Post by Guest 11/9/2014, 4:26 pm

Edited. dance
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/9/2014, 4:48 pm

I think she would need armor for Capture the Flag, at the very least... so you could say she usually borrows some from the weapon shack or something.

Maybe try another physical flaw? Pimples tend to go away; we usually look for something more permanent.

Did Iris tell Nikki's dad about camp before she left? Did she also teach him how to use IMs?

Post by Guest 11/9/2014, 4:54 pm

edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/9/2014, 5:39 pm

How bad is her upper body strength? (We need a sort of physical flaw that mars her appearance too, so... yeah. Add another. Sorry.)

To clarify: Iris told Nikki's dad about camp before leaving them, right? How long did she stay around?

Post by Guest 11/10/2014, 12:18 pm

edited chris sees all

oh cool who gave me a rank
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/10/2014, 3:12 pm

I think by posting a certain number of times, ranks change automatically unless an admin puts in a customized one for you (which you win in a mystery box).

I would prefer if you gave her a facial flaw.

I don't think you answered my second question about how long Iris stayed around.

Otherwise, if you fix those two thing sufficiently I can approve this.

Post by Guest 11/10/2014, 6:33 pm

I said in the mortal parents section that she was there for 3 months before she left
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/10/2014, 6:38 pm

We only allow gods to stay around for up to 1 week after the child's birth, so you'll need to change that.

Post by Guest 11/10/2014, 6:43 pm

No I mean she stayed with him for 3 months, before the baby was born and that's when she told him about the gods and camp and all that.

Oh and I edited the flaw thing
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/11/2014, 6:20 pm

Approved. You will be awarded 760 drachmas for your form.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 7:20 pm