A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Till I collapse (private for Dylano and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Till I collapse (private for Dylano and myself) Empty Till I collapse (private for Dylano and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 11/11/2014, 11:32 am

Chiara normally worked out at her own cabin, where the equipment was top quality and no noobs tried to show off about how strong they were and ended up embarrassing themselves, which happened all the time here in the training room of the arena. However today she had preferred to get away from cabin 5, away from her siblings, their arguments, loud rock music and competition games to go do some weight-lifting in here. She needed an empty place to work out at, and she guessed not many kids would hang around here at 9:30 pm. Most of them were at the amphitheater anyway, for sing alongs and marshmallow roasting. Can't be assed to do that, she thought as she warmed up with one-handed push-ups, dressed in a Nike shirt, black shorts and sport shoes.

Once she was done, she put on one of her favorite Eminem songs, Till I Collapse, went to one of the not "cushiony" benches and selected her weights. Sixty kilos, seventy kilos, eighty kilos... Yes, eighty kilos was good. She always lifted more than one and a half of her bodily weight. Chiara laid down on the bench; letting her back relax into a comfortable, natural position, she put her feet flat on the ground, her knees shoulder-wide apart then grabbed the bar with both hands and bent her elbows, bringing it down until it touched her chest before pushing it back up. The muscles of her forearms bulged under her freckled skin, much larger than what they normally looked like. She repeated the movements who had become natural for her over the years in rhythm with the music, feeling the muscles in her arms, shoulders, stomach and thighs strain and bow. She didn't particularly enjoy working out but she did it to stay in shape and to feel better afterwards, to get this feeling of satisfaction you get once you did a challenging physical exercise. But now she also did it to get her thoughts under control. Ever since the night in the forest, two days ago, it felt like her neurons had been microwaved. She just couldn't calm down in her inner, and whilst she didn't show it on the outside, it didn't make it any less overwhelming.
    At first she had thought she had dreamed it. It wasn't possible, it had been one of those weird demigod dreams. But when she had seen Nathan the next day she had known at once it had been real, and since then she had tried to figure out what exactly to do with the stuff that had happened that night.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Till I collapse (private for Dylano and myself) Empty Re: Till I collapse (private for Dylano and myself)

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/16/2014, 5:01 pm

Nathan didn't know what he was doing at the weights area in the arnea. He wasn't the type to work out, just do the physical requirements to stay in shape without pushing too much. But for some reason he was there and when he got there he saw why he felt the unnatural draw their. Chiara was there working out.

One thing Nathan never really told anyway was that when he summoned up a spirit for someone he unnaturally kept a connection to that person because of the spirit. It was like a radar not unlike the prophetic dreams that most demigod had. If the person was in danger he'd just know it was going to occur. If he needed to talk to whether he realized the need or not, he would find them, if he just needed to be near them to some degree he knew where to go.

And now it was happening again and he was here whether he wanted to be or not.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Till I collapse (private for Dylano and myself) Empty Re: Till I collapse (private for Dylano and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 11/17/2014, 11:59 am

'Cause I'm at the end of my wits with half this sh!t that gets in.
    I got a list here's the order of my list that it's in.
    It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie, Andre from OutKast,
    Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me.
    But in this industry I'm the cause of a lot of envy,
    so when I’m not put on this list the sh!t does not offend me.

Chiara had lost count of how many press ups she had done and truthfully, it didn't matter. As long as she kept going and pushing her limits back, everything was fine. The Eminem rap was loud but not too loud, just the perfect volume to keep her adrenaline in her blood and maintain her motivation in the highest levels. Her biceps, abs and triceps strained and bulged with the effort, sweat beading her freckled forehead and shoulders.

That's why you see me walk around like nothing's bothering me.
    Even though half you people got a fcking problem with me.

Despite the volume of the rap, Chiara distinctively heard the door to the gymnasium creak open then slam shut and rose her head to see who it was. The equipment was in the way though so she pushed the bar up into its resting place and sat up using her abdominal muscles.
    Well look who it is, the one person she was doing her best to avoid.

"Come to work out?" she asked, grabbing her water bottle to have a couple of mouthfuls.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/17/2014, 1:06 pm

"Rather unnatural that in this bloody huge camp we always seem to find each other without following one another." Nathan said to Chiara. "Not the work out you're thinking" He added shortly after before thing his attention to the climbing equipment and what he called the monkey world of the gymnastics house. He didn't know whether he wanted to talk to Chiara or if he did what it would be about.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/17/2014, 8:49 pm

"Well that's obviously not my doing," she snapped, closing her bottle and putting it back down. She wiped her face and shoulders with her nearby towel and dropped it on the floor, putting her elbow on the weight bar. She had avoided Nathan for the past days because she wanted to put things off -- she was still trying to process what had happened last night -- but when she saw him now right here she knew that they had to talk again at some point.
    The girl had mixed feelings towards him. Sure, she still disliked him a bloody lot, but deep inside she was intensely grateful for what he had done. He had really gone out of his way and Chiara still couldn't really picture why. Had he felt sympathy? Or had he pitied her? The latter would be the worst. He had said he wanted to help her but she couldn't believe that. She had fought him, insulted him, punched him, once even stabbed him dangerously, there was no logical way he'd want to help her.

"So... why did you do it?" she finally asked, trusting him to understand what she meant by it.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/26/2014, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/26/2014, 2:31 pm

Nathan was in the middle of basically being Tarzan, a training he decided to start doing where he used nothing but his upper body strength to sing from hanging poles to be able to support his own body in the event of having to hang on for far too long. Granted it looked like a makeshift trapeze routine, he had a method to hi madness that many would overly simplify in his personal head. He had been hanging in a spot close enough to hear when Chiara asked why he did it. His back was turned to her so she didn't see him get slightly wide-eyed in the realization of what she meant.

"What happened to don't ask don't tell? I thought you'd want to bury it after I gave you the chance you had." Nathan said not sure if he wanted to talk about it himself but at the same time knowing it was going to happen eventually. He had pulled himself up and was doing a handstand on the bar before swing and letting go, landing on one of the ground pads and standing, having bent his knees upon impact to help cushion his fall. He stood, glancing back at her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/26/2014, 8:32 pm

"I'm not asking to discuss what happened, I'm not here for that," Chiara said with irritation. "I'm just asking why you did it."

She watched as he landed on the padded floor; he wasn't that bad at this whole swinging around thing.
    Okay, he was actually pretty good but there was no way she'd tell him that or let that show on her face.

"So. Spit it out."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/27/2014, 2:53 pm

Nathan sighed as he watched her frustrated response, not showing a sign of emotion before the sigh. "Because it was the right thing to do." He told her simply before attempting to turn away so that the conversation would drop. He didn't want to talk about this. It just reminded him of something he couldn't fix. Something that he tried to hide.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/27/2014, 3:34 pm

Chiara audibly sighed. "Don't give me that cliché bullsh!t."

She leaned back on the bench, took the handle of the weight bar in her hands again and pushed up, feeling the strain in her arms, shoulders, stomach and thighs. Her muscles bulged again as she contracted them, letting the bar go down to her chest then pushed it back up above her, keeping up a good pace. After about ten pushes she felt hot sweat coat her forehead and shoulders, which she took as a good sign and kept pushing the weight bar up and down.
    But Nathan's presence disturbed her. Was he simply fed up with her and was that the reason he had replied so dismissively? Or was there something else?
    If there was, it was none of her business and she was in no way going to force it out of him. What did she care anyway, he was just another dork.
    Though somewhere, she kind of cared. This was also kind of her stepfather they were discussing, and that was her business.

"I told you, I hate the idea of owing you something. Least you can do is tell me why, and don't give me any highschool teen show crap like It's the right thing to do because I swear I will puke on you if you do that."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/2/2014, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/27/2014, 3:44 pm

Nathan was hanging from a bar when she spoke again, having ignored her cliche comment. He had his back to her, about to go back into his routine, when she demanded a more..acceptable explanation than what he gave. He didn't answer her for a second time though..not the way she wanted. "I told you..you don't owe me. You've never owed me. And you should start gagging then." He said to her, dropping to the ground and beginning to leave, he was feeling like his heart was about to race by. His short comings flashing in his mind.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/27/2014, 5:15 pm

"I don't give a fck whether you think I owe you something or not," Chiara said, sitting up and brutally tossing the weight bar away. It clanked heavily on the ground, the weights rolling in different directions before clattering on the floor with metallic noises while Chiara strode over to Nathan. She was still sweating from the effort, some curls sticking to her freckled forehead and neck but her green eyes were venomous. She had a very strong mindset about owing people something, people owing her something, vengeance, etc. Like a lot of Corsican families, hers had a long history of vendettas and whilst those didn't exactly occur anymore nowadays, strong rivalries still existed.

"Oh don't worry I'm gonna start gagging, but your punk little ass still owes me an explanation and I won't let you haul it out until you've given it to me."
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/27/2014, 11:09 pm

Nathan lowered his head holding back a glare that he wanted to give Chiara for pushing more than he was willing to deal with. "Why can't you just let it go.." He muttered as he shrugged her hand off of him and raised his head, signs of tears trying to break his eyes but Nathan refused to let them fall. He had to keep himself together or he'd never get over it. He walked past her back into the gymnastic room and sat on one of the pads looking down at his hands. "These powers..powers to let people talk to the ones they lost, almost like turning back time...and the one person I want to help...I can't do a fcking thing for..why..?" He said talking to himself, the italian rolling off his tongue as if he had never spoken English before in his life. His voice growing hoarse from trying to stop the tears.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/28/2014, 3:58 pm

Nathan's voice was throaty, which he tried to hide by mumbling. He had turned away from the door as Chiara was standing in front of it with her fists on her hips, ready to kick him back into the gym room. The son of Melinoe sat on a pad and looked at his hands before speaking in Italian.

"...Non posso fare una sola cosa... perchè?"

He seemed about to tear up and Chiara's lips parted into a sneer; it was her usual reaction to seeing anyone crying. But then a thread of thoughts kicked in. How can you even think it's okay for you to do that, did he sneer at you when you were embarrassing yourself, bawling your eyes out in front of him? Twice? That's right. He didn't. Least you can do is repay him the favor.
    Fact was, Chiara didn't have a lot of experience being nice to crying people. (That being said, she didn't have a lot of experience being nice in general.) But now, when she felt like she should say something comforting to Nathan, she just didn't know what to do. At all.

"... chè?" was all she said, a light frown above her eyes. For once, her tone wasn't aggressive.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/25/2015, 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/28/2014, 5:12 pm

Nathan closed his fist. Glancing up at her then back down at his hands. He realized that she was asking him what he was talking about and he grew silent not sure whether to speak or disappear. "You have the power to raise the dead. Limited, you can do it or you probably know someone in your cabin that can. Have you ever questioned why they don't actively seek out people who have lost someone in war..someone that they didn't get to say goodbye too..and then brought them back so that they could have that chance for closure. Everyday...I wake up and think about, at least once, the one person that no matter how hard I try I can't do that for. And then I hate myself for it..hate who I am because I can help every body except her.." He said, not stating who he was referring to though hinting at the person being close to Nathan.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/29/2014, 11:41 am

Chiara locked the door of the gym -- she didn't want anyone to just walk in right now -- and slowly made her way to Nathan, coming to a standing halt on the pad across of him. Not too far, not too close.

Only two people in the Ares cabin could raise the dead; Damian and herself. But it wasn't like they chose the zombies, the soldiers that answered their call were randoms, from random epochs and random countries. (Though Chiara had a tendency to revive Grognards, Napoleon's Old Guard. Probably because she was from Corsica. Anyway. ) But even if she could, she wouldn't go around taking requests from people, simply because she didn't care about them. If they were close friends, of course, she'd do it. But strangers? You can go fck yourselves.

When he mentioned the girl, Chiara felt a kind of annoyed surprise. She didn't know he had a girlfriend.

"Do your god parents have a particular link or something? Like, rivalry?" she continued in Corsican which was like Italian except for a couple of sounds, like when Italian words ended in o, they ended in u in Corsican.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/30/2014, 10:16 pm

Nathan grew confused. "Im not in a relationship. People don't care to date children of death, but that's not the point...the point is..I can help everyone except the person I've known my whole life..I ca-cant give my sister the chance to talk to her mother again.."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/1/2014, 3:31 am

Chiara could counter his point; there were a lot of kids who thought it was the coolest thing to date a child of Thanatos because they were still in their teenage emo phase, thinking Death was badass. Chiara just wanted to break their necks.

But then he said it was his sister.

She knew he had a sister in the mortal world, after all he had mentioned her when they had met up in DC, but she had never bothered to ask after her; it wasn't like she cared about him or his family. The short girl leaned against one of the work-out equipment things, her freckled shoulders and face still red from the effort.  She stayed silent for several moments, just looking at Nathan, which was weird because she didn't feel like punching him right now.

"Perhaps it's not your fault," she finally said. "Perhaps it's something that has to do with the ghost."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/25/2015, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 12/1/2014, 10:09 am

"Dad told me..he told me that her mother died in a car accident..she was 4 years old when it happened. After I found out I constantly tried to make contact, to find her...But I never have.." He told her not feeling like he was entirely here at the moment. He looked up seeing that they were the only two people there. The red in his eyes fading but still there.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/1/2014, 4:17 pm

"Perhaps she chose to be born again?" Chiara suggested after another moment.

She honestly didn't know what else to say other than come up with possible explanations. She wondered if he had asked Melinoe about it; after all she was the goddess of ghosts. If there was one person out there who could answer, it was her. But Chiara nonetheless felt very useless, he had probably thought of everything she could come up with and it wasn't satisfying enough.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 12/2/2014, 1:49 pm

Nathan glanced up at her, not saying anything for a few moments before looking back down, "By the gods I hope so..I feel so useless..." He whispered, loud enough for her to hear but still a whisper none-the-less, laying down on the mat like he never planned to get up.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/2/2014, 2:25 pm

I feel so useless... Those were the exact same words that had been looming in Chiara's head for a year. You're rubbish. You're good for nothing. It's too late. Don't try. You'll never be good enough. Those words she had been telling herself over and over, ever since it had happened.
    For once she could actually relate to Nathan. He had been dealing with this ever since he had learned how to call on ghosts, when she had had that only for a year. You're such a spoiled, spoiled brat.
    But there again, not being able to call one particular ghost isn't the same as actually losing a person. Still leaning against the gym equipment with her arms crossed, Chiara looked at Nathan, her permanent scowl receding from her face. He had an angular jaw, she noted.
    It just felt really weird, to silently be there with this person she has been hating for the past months, the guy she punched and stabbed and insulted. She took a particular pleasure in fighting and arguing with him because he was one of the few who didn't just start punching and cussing back. He was one of the only people who told her stuff that made her wonder, Okay, what do I say next?
    Which only made her hate him more. The only reasons she continued was that it was a challenge to her, and that she was enjoying it.

But now she was just very weirded out about this whole situation. She had never imagined Nathan and her could share stuff like that. Hell, she had never imagined Nathan and her could share anything, period. Apart from punches and cuss words.
    The silence was getting eerie. It seemed hours had passed when Chiara pushed her back away from the gym equipment and walked over at a normal pace to Nathan's pad and sat next to him. Not too close, an average person could easily fit between them, but she still sat there with her hands on her knees, interlocking her callused fingers, not saying anything.

OOC: You wanted it to end on a bit romantic-ish note and Chiara silently sitting next to Nathan is about as romantic as she can get right now :p
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 12/3/2014, 1:39 pm

Nathan remained there, his body turned to see Chiara sitting beside him but he didn't know what else to say. He didn't think there was anything else to say. So he sat up for a moment and glanced over at her before getting up. "I guess I'll see you around.." He told her as he walked to the door. He glanced back at her one more time before unlocking the door and leaving the gym.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 1:48 pm