A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The Witching Hour

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

The Witching Hour - Page 2 Empty Re: The Witching Hour

Post by Green 11/26/2014, 1:25 pm

As soon as she saw Kayla reach out and grab her leg, Salem knew she had made a big mistake. She braced herself for the slam to the ground. Grunting, she it the earth hard, but quickly rolled away from the daughter of Ares and stood up quickly. "Okay. You're pretty good,  I'll give you that." Salem complimented, panting. She hadn't gotten in a physical fight that didn't include weapons or magic in a while. Taking down this girl would be a difficult feat. Salem took in a deep breath and charged at her once more. At the last second she would attempt to kick her in the chest with both feet.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Post by kayla 11/26/2014, 2:14 pm

The Witching Hour - Page 2 Tumblr_mx93gqaqK11qa1li4o2_r1_250

"I should hope so, I spend most of my free time training or sparring." Kayla shrugged. "I guess you aren't so bad yourself either though. You're pretty persistent."
    That was the closest to a compliment anyone would ever get from her. She readied herself as she saw Salem charge at her again and expected for her to come swinging so she was a bit surprised when she felt the kick to her chest. The wind was effectively knocked out of her and she flew backwards but regained composure in midair when flipped backwards to land in a crouch. She jumped up and ran towards the daughter of Hecate, turning her body so that she kicked Salem's stomach with the side of her foot.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/26/2014, 2:28 pm

Salem gracefully landed on her feet, proud that she was able to get one good hit in. "Thanks! I try to be persistent. Either it leaves me victorious or tired and worn out." She said and walked backwards when she saw her charge at her, then gasped. Not having time to move out of the way, she jolted to the side. Hitting her head on the ground hard. "Okay...that hurt." She grumbled and slowly stood back up. [color:c1e0=6633cc]"L-lets go it quits before..before..." She panted some. "Gods that really hurt." She whispered and rested her hands on her knees.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/26/2014, 5:33 pm

The Witching Hour - Page 2 Tumblr_mpbs0x2ZBs1surmvho1_250

Kayla cocked her head to the side, her leg coming back to the ground where it froze in midair after kicking Salem. She didn't expect for the fight to be over so quickly after how much Salem was yelling. Maybe it was the kick? Kayla usually put all of her power into her hits when she fought so she thought Salem could handle it. But then again she sparred with her fellow half siblings. They were tough cookies. Kayla walked over to the other girl and bent down to her level, "You okay?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/26/2014, 6:17 pm

She nodded quickly and stood back up. [color:13ad=6633cc]"Yeah! I'm fine! It's just that I've used up sooo much magic today." She said with a little laugh and walked over to her bag and picked it up. She opened it and pulled out a vial of nectar. "You want one?" She asked Kayla. "You're a pretty good fighter." Salem popped off the top of the vial and chugged it down. The liquid going down her throat and into her stomach. Restoring her strength slowly."I guess I shouldn't talk so much, but then again. There's no fun in that."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/26/2014, 11:22 pm

"What kind of magic can you do? I know one of your siblings actually; he likes to play with fire." Kayla replied and she shook her head at the offer silently with a single wave of her hand. She wasn't hurt too badly since the only hit Salem had gotten in was the kick to her chest which she was already recovering from on her own. She was used to pain and compared to when her half siblings threw her down to the ground so many times and left bruises on her from an hour of fighting, this was nothing. Heck, she wasn't even bleeding.
    She walked back over to where she had struck her yari into the ground and grabbed it by the middle to easily pull it out. She cleaned the dirt off of the blade and made sure San was squeaky clean before she clicked the button in the middle and the blades retracted so her spear looked more like a six foot long staff covered in thin leather. "True that."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/27/2014, 9:25 am

Salem sighed and put her vial back in bag.[color:b6d0=6633cc]"Well as you have already seen my spontaneous combustion." She said with a smirk. [color:b6d0=6633cc]"And my protective circle ritual, but aside from that I can cause glass to shatter, creating a spark..." Salem felt like she was forgetting a spell. [color:b6d0=6633cc]"Oh yeah! The finding a lost object spell! That's the other one." Salem smiled at her, then flipped through her spellbook.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/27/2014, 4:03 pm

"Pretty cool." Kayla noted. She kind of wondered why there was different types of magic for Hecate kids. Some required spellbooks and others just had the natural ability to do things. She twirled her stick forward and backward to try and console her boredom. Now that she couldn't fight why should she even stay here? She glanced over at Salem who was flipping through her spellbook and looked at her up and down. Well the girl was pretty interesting so maybe something interesting would happen too. Maybe a monster attack or something. I mean, they were in the Deadly Forest after all. A little warmup would be nice since it was getting a bit cold. Maybe she'd go to the Arena later on to get her fight on. She leaned against a nearby tree and sighed as she let her head hit the bark, staring up at the sky.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/27/2014, 8:53 pm

"I know right? Magic is amazing." She smiled and closed her spellbook. Whenever she got to talking about witchcraft, Salem's whole demeanor would change. Suddenly something come out from the dark of te forest and hit her in the back, causing her to fell to the ground, skidding a couple of feet. "Ouch.." She mumbled and looked over her shoulder to find a pair of red eyes. In shock, she turned " Kayla! Watch out!" She shouted to the daughter of Ares.

Ooc: your wish is my command :)
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/28/2014, 1:24 am

"What?" Kayla replied dumbfoundedly before her eyes settled over to see the red eyes near Salem. Her heart thumped in her chest although it wasn't from fear. It was from excitement. She grinned a little, which might have been found scary by others, and pressed the button on her spear which made the blades come popping back out. It was dark so she couldn't see clearly what the creature was. A hellhound maybe? Possibly. Kayla adjusted her hearing aid that was on her left ear just to make her hearing a little more better. She ran towards Salem and stood on her right, cracking her neck. It didn't matter what that thing was. It was gonna be dead anyway.
    "Can any of your magic affect this thing or do any harm to it?" The daughter of Ares asked casually, putting herself between the other girl and the red eyed monster just in case it tried to attack. Not to be rude or doubt Salem's skills but Kayla thought that she had a better ability of hurting the monster without a scratch if it tried to attack them. The monster hadn't moved but now that she was closer to it, she could see it more clearly. Oh yeah. Definitely a hellhound.

OOC: -sniffles- you're too kind verde, too kind. nothing bonds bound to be friends than fighting for each other am i rite? ;D
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/28/2014, 1:40 am

Salem slowly stood up, making sure not to cause the hellhound to attack. "Yes, but not a lot." She answered and stayed behind Kayla who was obviously the much better fighter. "I can try and be creative." She added later and got out her celestial bronze dagger.
    The hellhound growled and began to circle them, looking for a good time to pounce on either Kayla or Salem. Salem had her eyes on the beast, trying to figure out what she could do. "I can cause one of those trees to fall on it, then you can go in a deliver the final blow?" Salem offered up. "Then again, I can just do this." She said suddenly and threw her dagger aimed at its heart. Unforunately the hellhound moved out the way, only sticking into its thigh.
    Now the creature is pissed.

OCC: Thanks I try to be!
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/28/2014, 2:14 am

Kayla watched as Salem threw her dagger at the hellhound only to have it stick to its thigh. She scoffed lightly with a roll of her eyes with a flicker of amusement in her eyes. "Let's just stick with your first plan, yeah?"
    The hellhound snarled and lunged at Salem, baring its large sharp fangs ready to strike. Kayla smacked the side of it's head with one side of her spear, drawing blood from it's cheek with one slash after the other in an unrelenting wave of hits from her blades. She jumped back when it growled and barked, barely missing it's claws as it reached out at her. There was a rip in her pants though and a few small cuts. Nothing too deep though.

OOC: it works -thumbs up-
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/28/2014, 9:17 am

"Fine..." Salem sighed and stepped back, watching as Kayla went to town on the hellhound.  Now it was her turn to attack. She noticed that there was a log laying to the side of the hellhound. She concentrated as hard as she could. The beast growled at the, getting into a crouching position. She quickly pointed to the log and caused it to exploside. Peices of rotted wood flew toward the hellhound, hitting him, and causing the beast to roar out in anger and pain.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/28/2014, 12:39 pm

As the hellhound was distracted by the explsion, Kayla quickly made work. In a matter of seconds she ran at the beast with her spear ready to strike and threw herself at it with her spear embedding itself in it's neck. She held onto her spear, catching her breath from her little sprint and closed her eyes as the hellhound whimpered before turning into dust. She coughed out some of the monster powder that got into her system and shook her hair wildly to get rid of anything that had fallen in her hair. Kayla scratched her head as she looked back at Salem with raised eyebrows., "Not too bad."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/28/2014, 12:57 pm

Salem smiled as Kayla gave the final blow to the hellhound. [color:41c9=6633cc]"We make a pretty good team." She walked over and picked up her dagger from the pile of gold dust. [color:41c9=6633cc]"With my magic and your...bruteness, we can do anything." She smirked and put her dagger back in her belt loop and walked back over to get her bag and spellbook. Turning back toward Kayla she gave her a small smile. [color:41c9=6633cc]"Oh good job. Your daddy must be very proud."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/28/2014, 7:15 pm

Half of her lips quirked into a sort of grin if you could call it that before she just rolled her eyes in response. Maybe they did make a good team but it wasn't like Kayla would be her partner in crime all the time or anything. She doubted that would happen. She was solitary in her own way. She froze when Salem gave her a small smile and mentioned that her dad must be very proud of her.
    "As if," Kayla muttered bitterly. "Not like he ever talked to me anyway in all the fifteen years of my life. Don't think he'd give me a gold star and pat on the back just for killing a hellhound. I'm pretty sure the only thing that'll catch his attention is if I slaughtered a drakon like one of my half sisters did in the Battle of Manhattan."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/28/2014, 7:42 pm

Salem laughed a bit and shook her head slowly. "Yeah, what was I thinking? It's probably easier for you to feed a lion an apple then pleasing your father." She laughed some more, almost into a cackle, covering her mouth. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh." Salem held back a snicker, exhaling in amusement. "But in all seriousness though, you're pretty good daughter of Ares."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/28/2014, 8:17 pm

Kayla gave a snort and shook her head with a small smile of her own with her eyes on the ground. "Laugh your a** off for all I care; it's true." She looked back up at Salem with a little surprise evident in her eyes but quickly concealed it with a turn of her head. She wasn't used to praise to any degree so yeah, she was a little surprised and at lost on what to do. She turned back towards the daughter of Hecate and lifted her chin a little higher and studied the other girl through narrowed eyes and a cross of her arms. "You aren't a shabby kid of Hecate's either."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/28/2014, 8:46 pm

The Witching Hour - Page 2 392638_321564997883260_100000892870369_972272_259573136_n

Salem placed her hand on her hip and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "I know I'm not." She smiled a bit and frowned, thinking about how her other brothers and sisters had more power than she did. All she could do is destroy things while others could form objects out of the mist. I'm so weak!Salem grumbled in her head. She quickly looked up at Kayla and narrowed her eyes at her, then looked away. "So, um. We should probably get out of here before we are attacked again."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/28/2014, 11:28 pm

Kayla scoffed lat Salem's attitude with a roll of her eyes, missing the other girl's temporary frown. The daughter of Ares put her weapon back into it's dormant form and shook her hair once again like a dog shaking out water just to be sure that all the monster dust was relieved. She yawned and glanced back over at Salem with a curt nod. "Sounds like a plan." Kayla said as she hoisted her spear over her shoulder. She looked up at the sky and back towards the woods, slowly beginning to walk the way back with the moon lighting the path.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/28/2014, 11:38 pm

Salem quickly followed her out the woods and headed toward the cabins. It had been a wild night and she needed to get some sleep before she passed out from lack of sleep. Cleo quickly ran up behind her. "Oops! Almost forgot." She laughed a bit and picked her up, continuing her walk out of the dimly lit forest. "Hey, Kayla? Wanna have breakfast in the morning since you owe me?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/28/2014, 11:59 pm

"How do I owe you?" Kayla asked bemusedly. "You're the one who made a mark on my jacket." She internally mourned for the mark made on her used to be spotless leather jacket. It was a good thing she had two others then. She wacked a falling branch out of the way with the blunt of her spear and sighed. "But breakfast wouldn't hurt."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/29/2014, 12:06 am

"You made me use up all my magic that's why." She answered and followed her more closely. Salem did enjoy your presence and wanted to know more about her. "Let's say...9:00 am? A minute late and I'll put posion in your food." She threatened lightly, smiling at the back of her head.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/29/2014, 12:49 am

Kayla gave a 'hmph' in response. Not like she was the one who told Salem to go practice her magic in the utter darkness and explode trees, nearly hitting people. But she had to admit that Salem was nice company to have and she liked her sarcasm. She rolled her eyes once again with a smile on her face. Maybe it was time she made a friend in this god forbidden camp and she didn't mind if it was a loud mouthed daughter of Hecate. The cabins were nearing and it was nearing time for them to go their separate ways. After all, her cabin was 5 and Salem's was 20. She turned back towards the girl with a snarky grin, "See you at 9 then. Poison my food and I'll let you be my dog's chew toy."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 11/29/2014, 9:52 am

The Witching Hour - Page 2 392638_321564997883260_100000892870369_972272_259573136_n

Salem laughed a bit."That's funny. Dogs love me." She flipped her hair over her shoulder and kissed the top of Cloe's head. "Bye Bruteness. See ya at nine a.m. Sharp! And remember, be on time." She whispered to her and continued her walk to the Hecate Cabin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 12:05 pm