A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The winter dance (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The winter dance (private) Empty The winter dance (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 12/29/2014, 9:28 am

"Good thing I brought this scarf, else I'd get a humongous cold," Jana Kay told James as they arrived at the Mess Hall. Here it was pretty warm but outside, it was freezing. She didn't even know how she got all the way from the cabins to the Mess without slipping on all the ice.

Jana was dressed as Anna from Frozen, in a black top and a long green skirt with Nordic patterns. Her hair was died hazel brown (except for one white streak) and done in two braids over her shoulders. She couldn't resist though, as a daughter of Demeter, to put some plants into her costume, so she had put a headband of holly on her head.

The Mess Hall was superb: all covered in snow and ice, it was surprisingly warm -- probably a cabin #20 trick -- well, warm enough for her to take her scarf off, with snowflakes tumbling down though never reaching the ground. Couples kissed under the mistletoe, the buffet crumbled under ice cream, snowman cupcakes, star cookies and sugar snowflakes. Tiny lanterns hung down from decorative pine branches, giving a cozy atmosphere. Snow and ice sparkled everywhere, the dominant colors white and deep blue. Frozen statues, holly branches and pine cones decorated the area; she felt like at Harry Potter's Yule Ball.

"This looks so beautiful!!" She told James, holding his hand softly.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

The winter dance (private) Empty Re: The winter dance (private)

Post by Perca 12/29/2014, 9:55 am

"I know"I answered honestly as my gaze focused on her face. Cliche, I knew, but it was true.

Since we hadn't agreed over anything, we ended up having two completely different costumes. While she presented a beatufiul Disney heroine, I was dressed as the 10th Doctor. My hair felt weird all gelled up and the thick, black glasses sat awkwardly on my face. I had to admit though, I looked good. The blue suit fitted me nice and the brown jacket added all the needed effect. My brother's old red Converse boots felt weird on my legs and the red tie made me feel all grown-up. To complete the outfit, I had sat the whole afternoon trying to perfect my British accent.

Finally looking up, I realised that the mess hall indeed looked beautiful. Seemed all magical the way the light fell on the ice and reflected in many pretty colours. But nothing was as pretty as the girl in my arms.

"Would you like something to drink?"I asked her with a gentle smile, hoping the exercising of that afternoon didn't go to waste
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/3/2015, 2:33 pm

"Oh sure! Let me get us cups."

She went to the buffet, slipped on the ice, caught herself at the ice buffet's edge -- almost sending a plate of cookies flying Zeus knows where -- and finally got back with two porcelain cups. The ice floor was half swallowed in a kind of cold fog, but everything else was warm. There was a very pleasant natural blue light over the whole party, something almost magical. Oh there you are, Hecate cabin.
    Jana Kay, holding the two cups tightly in her hands, went to the bar where she immediately spotted the hot chocolate. It was in a huge round bowl, topped with Chantilly cream. Jana Kay filled their cups with the steaming chocolate, decorating the top with marshmallows and blueberries before coming back to James. Her love. "Here you go," she grinned, giving him his cup.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/3/2015, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 1/3/2015, 2:48 pm

I observed Jana as she took care of our drinks, almost running to her when she slipped but catching myself in time as well as glaring at all the boys who stared at her longingly. I had noticed their behavior a long time ago, but it wasn't my place to say something. Now though, as her boyfriend, I had every right. One guy even kept staring as she returned to me with two cups filled with warm rich chocolate. Glaring directly in his eyes, I wrapped my free arm around her waist and, careful not to spil our drink, pulled her in for a passionate kiss. "Thanks love, this is great. You're awesome"I grinned, now turning my attention completely to her. "Wanna dance? I could take you at one of Queen Victoria's royalballs. Or at the planet Korhen, where there is a feast for weeks among the tribes living there to symbolise peace. It's all a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff"I joked and winked at her as I took a small ship of the burning liquid
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2015, 7:18 am

Jana Kay chuckled; Doctor Who fan references with James were her favorite. "I'd love that, Doctor Bond," she grinned, sipping her -- ouch, burning! -- hot chocolate. The blueberries added a touch of fruity sweetness, the marshmallows slowly melting. She waited to finish it before accepting James' suggestion. "Sure! On the dance floor with you -- let's see what moves you got," she joked, dropped her empty cup into a bin, took James' hand and walked towards the crowd of dancing demigods.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 1/11/2015, 8:02 am

I laughed as the young girl pulled me behind ger into the large mass of dancing teenagers. Only problem though, I didn't really know how to dance. So I stood there awakwardly, staring at her. I soon remembered the movie dance scenes and placed my hands on her waist, unsure ifit was the correct thing to do
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2015, 9:32 am

Jana passed her arms around James's shoulders, feeling a bunch of butterflies fluttering around in her stomach, her cheeks getting warm. She was so close she could make out his scent of sea and beaches... Closing her eyes, she put her head on his shoulder and just moved to the music -- a bit clumsily, yes, but there again she wasn't a child of Aphrodite -- enjoying the slow.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 1/11/2015, 9:36 am

I grinned as she rested her head on my shoulder, feeling content and happy by holding her close to me. I nuzzled my nose into her vanilla smelling hair and letting out a pleased sigh, enjoying the awkward slow dancing with my girlfriend."Thanks"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2015, 11:40 am

They danced the slow until the soft, romantic music changed to a quicker party beat. Jana Kay grinned and took James' hands, starting to dance a mixture of rock'n'roll and rockabilly; she had been taking lessons of both for a couple of years now and had really gotten the hang of it.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 1/11/2015, 11:43 am

I watched the young girl in front of me confused and tried to copy her.moves, which ended up.in me pretending to dance; in reality, I looked like I had epileptic or whatever. I really sucked at dancing, I was lucky I hadn't stepped on her so far

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 5:09 am