A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Out Workin'

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Out Workin' Empty Out Workin'

Post by Green 1/2/2015, 9:30 pm

Out Workin' Dayo-Okeniyi
    Although it was probably 45 degrees outside of the camp's boards, it was pretty warm inside. A bead of sweet ran down Derek's face as he did one of his chores. He had volunteered as tribute to help the strawberries grow faster (boy was that a mistake). The son of Demeter was wearing a short sleeve camp t-shirt with a pair of khaki shorts on; along with a green wristband that had the word 'Recycle' engraved on it. "The things I do for this place.." He mumbled to himself as he moved on to another patch.

Last edited by Green on 1/2/2015, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male
    Number of posts : 196
    Registration date : 2014-12-15

Out Workin' Empty Re: Out Workin'

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/2/2015, 9:43 pm

Justin was strolling through the strawberry fields, braving the intense heat of the camp. "Sometimes, I wish we could have rain." It was very hot, as in, dunk your head in a ice bath kind of hot. He saw Derek up ahead, tending to the strawberries. One perk of being a child of Aphrodite, there's no real chores associated with your powers.
    "Wow, Mr Farmer. Having fun?" Justin smiled, Derek probably enjoyed the work, being a child of Demeter and all.
    "You see, you have a certain level of determination. I could NOT do this, I would have to shower about 10 times to get clean." It was true, the amount of dirt you collect after working the fields. Being a child of Aphrodite, Justin was obsessed with his looks, so gardening wasn't so fun.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/2/2015, 9:57 pm

He heard a familiar voice behind him. "Mr. Farmer?" Derek turned to see Justin. "I knew I heard the voice from somewhere."He had seen Justin around camp a few times, but never really made an effort to have a conversation with him. To be honest, he was surpised he even knew his name. "Of course, it's lover boy, Justin." The son of Demeter smirked and wiped his forehead off with a piece of cloth.

"For your information, Im not having fun. I would much rather be in the mess hall."He admitted and lowered his hands to give him a break. "And yes, I do have a 'certain level of determination' that you don't have." Derek responded and exhaled. This level of determination was probably one of his mother's traits.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/2/2015, 10:07 pm

"Well, if you want something to eat, you could always have some strawberries." Justin laughed, if he ever had to tend the strawberries, he would never eat them again. Strawberries, what can you do with strawberries? You can eat them by themselves, with cream, that's about it.
    "I don't know why you bother with strawberries of all things? There are a lot of better vegetables like carrots? Or potatoes? Everyone loves potatoes, you can boil 'em, roast 'em, mash 'em and basically do anything with potatoes. But then again, you're the veggie expert."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/2/2015, 10:22 pm

Derek chuckled at Justin's comment and shook his head. "I'd rather not." He put the cloth back in his pocket and turned back to the strawberry patch. "Well I'm not the one who decides what he grow out here in the fields. Dionysus is."Derek smiled a bit when he started to list different types of vegetables. "Potatoes would be a good investment though. So would pomegranates ..."He said in thought and looked down at a patch of grass and thought about growing one, but that would use up some of energy.

"And if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing out here in the heat? Don't you have some girl to makeout with or something?"He asked with a smirk on his lips.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male
    Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2014-12-24

Post by Hexisdabest 1/2/2015, 10:41 pm

It was a nice beautiful morning at camp, well, at least after he was assigned to tend these strawberries. It was a his first time to tend the strawberries, and he is hoping that it'll be the last. "Work, work, work. Why can't I go play games in my cabin instead of doing this?", he complained to himself. It was really hot in the fields, which Alexander is not a fan of since he won't be able to wear his leather jacket, exposing his scar. Over by the distance, he saw two guys talking to each other. Alexander doesn't really have much friends in camp, he thought to himself that it's probably a good idea to approach them. Alexander picked a piece of ripe strawberry from the vines and bit half of it. "G'Morning, how's the sun? Ain't it annoying?", said Alexander with a smirk on his face.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/2/2015, 10:58 pm

As he waited for the son of Aphrodite, he noticed another person walk up to them. "Yes, it's very annoying."Derek glanced at the srawberry in his hand, then back at the guy's face. "Are you here to work with me or..?"He wasn't always this straight forward, it was just the fact that it was winter which made him a bit more hustle. Always the fact that it was hot and hungry didn't help his attitude. Just another perk of being a child of Demeter.

OOC: Sorry it's short
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/2/2015, 11:27 pm

The air was refreshing, the smell of strawberries is really helping him to get a tiny bit of relaxation at lest. The scenery is relaxing as well, it's probably a place where Alexander would nap when the sun's a bit calmer, Apollo might just be mad at the moment, or he's too happy for discovering another instrument, or even worst, he's thinking hard for a new poem. Alexander finished eating the strawberry and placed both his hands on his pant's pockets."Don't worry I'm working. Just saw you guys here, the two of you working too huh? That's great, the more the people, the faster we finish.", Alexander said as he gave them a big smile. He took his left hand out and reached it out, waiting for either one of them to shake it. "Alexander Hexller, son of Deimos at your service, though you can just call me Alex. 'Bout you two?" He asked, they are still unknown to Alexander, although he feels like he should have since he's already a year and a half at camp. Maybe they're just from a cabin far from his, he thought. But either way, he's glad that he had met other people other than those people in his cabin.

OOC : It's ok :3 Haven't been posting that long too
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 7:23 am

Justin laughed at what Derek had said. "No, Derek. I don't have a girl to make out with, can't a child of Aphrodite just walk around and talk to people?" Justin turned to the newcomer and shook his hand, "I'm Justin, son of Aphrodite." The sun seemed to be getting hotter, Justin would have to leave before it got too hot, he didn't want sun burn. Justin felt like the odd one out, the only one not working. But he had to take care of his looks, dirty nails? Just no. He had been standing here 5 minutes and his shoes were already covered. "A little more couldn't hurt."
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 7:37 am

"A surprise to see Aphrodite's child working here on the fields" Alexander gave Justin a smile. It's pretty rare to see Aphrodite's children out in the sun and in the dirt, probably the two things Aphrodite's children hates most. The sun's rising up higher, shining brighter. "Pretty ain't it, the field? It would've been better without the sun." Alexander yawned. Today has been pretty eventful so far.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 9:00 am

"Well, I wasn't actually working, I just saw Derek and I went over to talk." Yet more Aphrodite stereotypes, when would they end? Justin laughed at the thought. "So Derek, you want something to eat before you start working again? Justin asked.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 9:43 am

Derek turned and shook the guys hand. "I'm Derek, son of Demeter." He gestured to the strawberry patch that was in the middle of growing. "Nice to meet you, Alex." He smiled a bit and sighed.

He looked back at Justin and nodded. "Yes. Nothing would bring me more joy than getting something to eat." He answered and wiped his hands on his khaki shorts. "Anything to get out of this sun. Reminds me of Cape Town." He added with a smirk.
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 11:02 am

Food, food is good. Justin was starving, he'd only had a small breakfast and nothing else since. "Right, to the Mess Hall we go. Wanna come with, Alex?" It would've been rude not to ask Alex, and then all three of them could go to the Mess Hall together.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/3/2015, 7:36 pm

"Nice to meet you Derek" Alexander gave them a big smile. I would be nice to eat and get a little break, plus, a roof would be lovely at any moment. He wiped his sweat on his forehead and tucked his hand back to his pockets. "Yea, I think these strawberries can wait." He grinned with his face all dirty after wiping it with his dirt covered hands.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/3/2015, 7:43 pm

"Cool beans." Derek smiled at the both of them and headed toward the Mess Hall. He quickly finished up a strawberry patch and carried on. To be honest, he could go for some wings right about now...
    DeadlyLynx
    DeadlyLynx

Male

Post by DeadlyLynx 1/3/2015, 7:46 pm

"Please don't say 'cool beans.'"Justin said quietly to Derek as he made his way to the Mess Hall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 3:50 pm