A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Making a Move

Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male
    Number of posts : 103
    Registration date : 2014-12-24

Making a Move Empty Making a Move

Post by Hexisdabest 1/6/2015, 5:27 am

Alexander was shocked after the girl said hi. He forgot about his mojito and probably shook a bit of it. He's always quite shy whenever it comes to someone he has special special feeling for, probably because he was rejected after confessing to his crush back when he was at the 5th grade. His ears are starting to feel hot and his heart beating louder. "H-hi? Me? I-I mean, hi. So.... Hi, how's the dance so far? I-I mean.... Hi?", Alexander stuttered a bit. He took a gulp of his mojito with his shaky hands.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Making a Move Empty Re: Making a Move

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/6/2015, 5:42 am

It depends on how one thought as to whether or not his nervousness was fortunate or something to be seen as unfortunate. Valerie clearly shared his nervousness, he made for an impressive specimen, even if he appeared to be fully two years older than herself. "It's good..." She said eventually, finding her voice so that she might be able to answer his question. "How are you finding it?" On the plus side despite her heart thumping in her chest loudly, it seemed that she might be able to speak without sounding like an idiot. Surely Aphrodite had place her hands in this affair, to Valerie she strongly believed with some certainty that the goddess of love was responsible for this event.
    Right now she wished that she wasn't wearing her dress but her usual attire of jeans, trainers, t-shirt and her bow slung over her shoulder. Yet, considering her friend bought her this dress and insisted upon her wearing it, to Valerie at least to not wear it would have been very cruel and a near direct rejection of her friend's kindness.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/6/2015, 6:22 am

"Ahh... Quite good as well. I-I'm... I'm..., Alexander cleared his throat. He tried to clam down, he shouldn't show he's nervous. He took another gulp of his mojito and placed the glass on the table next to him. He started rubbing his index finger to his thumb on his left hand, an unvoluntary thing he does when he's shy and nervous. "Alexander, Alexander Hexller, son of Deimos, nice to meet you. B-but don't be scared or something along those lines, being the son of Deimos.... Ayeayayay....." He rubbed his head, he was afraid that she'll be afraid of the fact that he's the son of terror itself, something he should have probably kept longer on himself. He tried to clear some air up.  Her name, she has to know her name before anything else. "And you are?" He said with a smile.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/6/2015, 6:34 am

"Nice to meet you Alexander." Valerie replied, hoping that her nerves weren't being triggered by the fact he was the son of terror. "I'm Valerie daughter of Apollo you may have heard of me?" Most of the Campers knew who she was because she had returned to Camp, long after everyone had given her up for dead. She didn't die, no Valerie just spent an incredibly long stay in the Lotus Hotel.
    Places to never go again right?

Valerie tried to not to come across as too nervous or shy, just talk to him, don't focus on anything else just act cool.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/6/2015, 8:54 am

"So, you're Valerie? Yes, I may have heard, but it is the first time I saw you. I haven't been really meeting a lot of people out of my cabin that much. It's nice to meet you., Said Alexander with a smile. He had heard of the name Valerie before. Rumor said that she had died but was proven wrong after returning to camp several years later. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl, that's what Alexander would've said if he ever had the courage. He took enough courage to speak straight, he's not that shy and nervous anymore. He may still be red and blushing, someone tell he's not blushing, is he blushing? He couldn't really tell. He's hesitating as to wether or not will he hold her hand but instead, he offered her a drink. "So, would you like some drinks?." Alexander told Valerie as he pointed at the drinks table nearby.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/6/2015, 9:09 am

"Yeah I am her or she is me, which ever works." She spoke with a smile on her face. "I've been trying to get to know as many people as I can... Since well when I came back with the exception of the more immortal members I knew no one." Valerie had in her own opinion been gone for too long, yet how was she to know of the passage of time in the Lotus Hotel? Part of her wanted to go back there, back to Las Vegas to search for a missing companion. Even though he might be dead.
    Val shook her head, declining his offer of a drink. "No thank you, never had the taste for alcoholic beverages." She carried on to explain. "Especially after Cassandra spoiled the drinks at the last one of these I went to..." Valerie trailed off realising that she had been speaking of the friends she knew, those who were no longer here.
    The smile disappeared from her face. "Sorry... She was a friend back before I disappeared on that mission."
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/6/2015, 5:25 pm

"Hey, it's okay you know? They were your friend, you have the rights to remember them.", Alexander gave a faint smile. She must have went on many hardships on her mission, especially with the fact that everyone she knew in camp were gone. She doesn't like alcohol? He thought to himself that he has to stop sneaking in alcoholic drinks. Think quick, he thought, he has to find something to just entertain her at least. He looked at the drinks table, no not gonna work, he turned his face to the dance floor, no not now, too early, then he turned towards the buffet table, it may work out fine. Alexander smiled "S-so, no drinks? Umm.... how about some food? Or should we take a seat?
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/6/2015, 5:54 pm

"Yeah." Her smile returned slightly. "It still feels so unreal... It was 1950 when I vanished now it's 2014... Time flies right?" She laughed lightly. "I wouldn't mind something to eat there is usually something good to eat at these events." She grinned slightly at that, even if Valerie did not eat that much. Val was fine in answering his questions as he asked them. Her mind wasn't really functioning straight enough. Her father Apollo, had given her a present during the winter solstice, he'd given her a picture of all her friends from before her mission.
    To someone else the picture would have been worthless, but to Valerie it's value was unmeasurable.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/7/2015, 3:29 am

"Ah yes, food! I'll grab you a serving, just tell me what you want." He said with a big smile on his face. He never really thought that Valerie would even talk to him or even notice him. It may as well be a sign. It was always a rare sight to see Alexander together with a girl other than Chiara and his half sister Falko. It was really his first time spending some time with a girl other than those two. He's just hoping that it would go as planned, even if there is no plan.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 4:13 am

"Just a few of those cheese cubes with the chunks of pineapple they are so deliciously addictive." She declared licking her lips at the thought of eating those. Valerie never thought that he would have come over to talk to her, perhaps it was the dress that her friend chose that attracted his attention? Maybe Aphrodite had her hand in these whole affair, since matters of both love and beauty amused her.
    Valerie spent an equal amount of time round boys as she did with the girls, she had never been around a boy however who made her feel like this. At least, not for a long time and that ended in Vegas anyway... A lot of bad memories in that place.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/7/2015, 4:26 am

"You should take a seat. Just a second, I'll be back in a jiffy.", He offered the table next to them for Valerie to sit. Alexander approached the the food table as fast as he can. "Cheese cubes... Pineapple chunks.... Alexander whispered to himself repeatedly. He took two plates, one for him and one for Valerie. He took some chunks of cheese and some pineapple chunks for Valerie, just as she requested. He came back to the table as soon as he took the food Valerie requested. As he sat down, he noticed his plate was empty as he forgot to take something for himself. Alexander laughed and scratched his head. "Ahhh... I forgot to grab some for myself, it doesn't matter anyway, I've already eaten. Alexander smiled as he spoke. He thought that it would be rude to leave her again because of his clumsyness.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 5:02 am

Valerie took a seat watching him go. Well this happened to be going quite well. He returned bringing the food with him "It's okay... Thank you feel free to share mine." She offered, smiling at him before picking up one of the cheese and pineapple sticks and popping it in her mouth, before placing the stick on the edge of the plate, she chewed slowly the taste simply divine.
    Of course, that was just her opinion on the matter.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/7/2015, 5:15 am

"It's okay, it's for you." Alexander smiled. Although it would be bad to refuse an offer from a girl, he thought, or at least that's what his friends say, probably a reason why he can't say a no if Chiara does some mischief and decides to tag Alexander along. Alexander does seem to enjoy mischief anyway. He took stick and picked up one. "Okay, maybe just one." He smiled. Pineapple is actualy his favorite fruit, number one on the list. Cheese is also something he's a fan of, in fact, he won't eat a burger without cheese. It tasted good, no wonder why Valerie likes it. "So, I suppose you didn't know me before? Alexander asked, just making sure he's not a complete stranger for her. He just can't resist looking at her face, next time he knows it, he's already staring deeply at her with not even a single blink. He came back to his consciousness a few seconds later and looked down at the table for a bit before looking back up, just so he can avoid to be seen being all googley eyes at her.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 5:23 am

Valerie shook her head, much to her surprise she really had not seen him before, or if she had not much. "No... I am afraid that I haven't though I imagine you however have probably heard much about me." She remembered, all the questions and the chaos that she caused when she finally returned home. None the wiser till she was told the date and realised how long that she had been gone.
    Val since then had to rebuild her life, forge new friends, settle back into the old routine but with new faces in the place of the old ones who had aged and fallen victim to time or monsters.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/7/2015, 6:50 am

"Ah, I see. Not suprising though since I'm not that well known here at camp, unlike my half sister, Falko, you know, the other Deimos child, she's pretty famous. Alexander said as he took a bite on the cheese. It's no surprise that she doesn't know him. Although he did imagine her knowing him the way she looked at him the first time he saw her. He's just not hoping that she knows her from all the pranking, vandalism, and other shenanegans he made, that, he's pretty famous at, together with three of his friends. "You know, at first, I really thought you were one of Aphrodite's, 'cuz yo know, um...., Alexander brushed his hair up with his hands. He can't believe that he's too close on saying she's beautiful, yet too far. He still needs to know her some more before anything "cheesy" get it? 'cuz he's eating cheese..... Anyway, Alexander cleared his throat and gave her a smile. "I'm quite surprised that you're not treating me as much of a stranger... N-not that you should..." He waved his hands. He just can't say to her that he wants her to be his friend, it just feels wrong for him, it's like he wants something more than just being friends.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/7/2015, 8:44 am

"I'm sorry I've never heard your sister." Valerie replied after giving the matter some thought. "The closest I have to a Falko was Franklin and he was a son of Hermes." Valerie often had her hand in the pulling pranks department but a lot of her time she focused on archery, as due to her small size and frame up close and personal slugging matches weren't really an option for her. She felt her cheeks flush with colour when he said that he thought she happened to be a daughter of Aphrodite. "No my friend who is a daughter of Aphrodite did this." She explained to him before smiling and asking. "Do you like it?" She didn't want to treat him like a stranger, there were far too many strangers still to her at Camp Half-blood, too many faces who she could not put names to. She wasn't really certain as to how to reply to his comment so just left her question for him to answer.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/7/2015, 5:33 pm

Valerie asked Alexander about her dress. He has to think of the best possible answer. It's okay? Nah it lacks the appeal of actually liking it, I like it? No, what if.... "I love it... Y-your dress." Alexander took a bite on his pineapple. He looked at himself, he doesn't really like wearing a suit, it's just for the occasion. "I haven't really dressed up like this before. It's more for the occasion" He said with a smile. He's hoping that she would like how he looks with the suit on. He did wear the suit in a rush, he was late after all.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/8/2015, 4:08 am

Valerie smiled at him, pleased that he did like what she was wearing, though her mind wondered as to why it pleased her so greatly. She felt certain that her friend had done something to the dress or with it to deliberately attract the attention of a boy, some form of love ray maybe? "It's okay I normally only really dress up for these events... Usually I decide on what I'm wearing then one of my Aphrodite friends intervenes and suggests something else or in this case provided something else." He looked pretty good in a suit if she was honest. "You look pretty good in a suit even if you don't usually wear them." This happened to be the only occasion were Valerie would wear a dress.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/8/2015, 4:30 am

Alexander tried to make the calmest expression possible. Outside, Alexander shows a smile while deep inside, he's jumping up and down with joy. "I-I-I.... I-it's good to hear that your... that I look good on this suit. I havent really had a chance to see myself on it." Alexander felt his ears getting warmer, as it turns out, his ears are already bright red. He took the mojito he placed down and took a sip from it. He's really glad that he looks well tonight. "I usually wear what I want as well. But tonight's a special night and I thought that I should probably dress up for the occassion." He took another sip from the mojito. At this point, he can't really taste it that much since he's focusing his whole attention to Valerie. He gave her a smile after taking a sip. Alexander took a deep breath, his chest pounding even louder, And his whole face starting to warm up. "Y-you know it won't be a dance without a d-.... A d-d.. He exhaled and tried to calm and relax himself. Things won't reach anything without him making the move. Alexander reached his hands with his palm facing up. On his mind, he's thinking that it could go really wrong if she rejects. "Well... How do I put this... If-if you're finished eating, I could probably use some d-d-dance lessons. T-that's if you want b-but if you dont then i-i-it's okay." He bowed his head to avoid her from seeing his red face. The hand he's reaching out is are a bit shaky and his face is starting to sweat. He doesn't really know how to dance waltz, but there is a first for everything, right?
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/8/2015, 4:59 am

"I'm not really much of a dancer either..." She admitted, the last time Valerie had danced well to her was a year ago to anyone else it was sixty five years ago. Surprisingly it had been a son of Ares that she'd danced with a slow dance, one that he taught her. Though it was pretty much just moving in circles and talking. At the thought of Max she felt her heart grow heavy, in true Greek tragedy it had only been when he lay dying did both confess their feelings for one another. Perhaps sixty four years was enough time for someone to move on from a terrible experience.
    After all, Max would want her to be happier and Alexander, made her happy. Despite not being much of a dancer, Valerie reached out and accepted his hand, hoping that her palm was not too sweaty, she too happened to be very nervous.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/8/2015, 5:18 am

Eyes colsed, Alexander nervously waited for Valerie to take his hand. It was the first time he ever asked anyone into a dance. He felt warmth on his hands, for the first time, he held the hands of a girl other than his sister Falko and his friend Chiara. His mind is completely blank that instant he felt her hand. He looked up at Valerie's eyes and smiled. He stood up as he held hands with Valerie. He went somewhere in the crowd of dancers. One of his most unforgettable moment is about to happen, his first dance with a girl. "So... H-how do we do this properly." He said as he looked at Valerie. They were unbelievably close to each other even though there was enough space to dance. The crowd seems to be busy with their own dance. It's a good thing since they won't catch much attention. "Don't worry, I'd avoid stepping on your feet. He said with a smile, trying to lessen the tension.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/8/2015, 5:32 am

"I've only danced once before so I really don't know." Came the nervous reply from Valerie who possessed little choice but to look up at him. She was on the smaller side of tiny, it was either look up at him or stare at his shirt. The latter of which happened to be in her mind rather rude, unless of course, he did not mind her dancing on say a box instead.
    "I'll avoid stepping on your's too." She said with a thin smile, her eyes shining with a nervous excitement, okay so the good looking guy who caught her eye has now asked her to dance. This was going to be a good night.
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/8/2015, 6:18 am

Valerie does look a bit younger than him, maybe one or two years younger than him, it really doesn't matter to him anyway. He looked a bit down at her as she looked up at him, she looked real cute. She was a bit short and him being five foot nine didn't help a bit, still it doesn't matter to him, all that matters is that she's okay with dancing. He can't believe what's taking place, it's like a miracle done by the Gods. He smiled at her, Alexander took a deep breath. Alexander held his left arm up a bit and his right arm on Valerie's back. "I-I hope you're okay with this. I don't really want you to feel uncomfortable." A guy bumped on Alexander's back and caused him to stick even closer to Valerie, with his arm position, it looked more of a hug. His mind stopped working, his heart thumped louder and faster, and his eyes widened. Valerie could even probably feel his heartbeat since her head is at his chest. Alexander adjusted back after a few seconds although he would probably like it that way for a few more hours. "S-s-sory... I-I don't.... I-I-... D-d-... He stuttered. He hoped that Valerie won't think of something bad.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/8/2015, 6:46 am

"It's okay with me what about you?" She answered his question before adding a question of her own, the dance floor was a bit packed but then again when wasn't a dance floor packed? Save when that pop nonsense came on, how that classed as music she would never know. Valerie was surprised, if not startled when he suddenly gave her a hug, it did kinda come out of the blue so she imagined correctly that someone had knocked him. Whether by purpose or accident would remain a mystery. "It's fine." She said eventually her cheeks flushing with colour. "Lets just dance okay?"
    Hexisdabest
    Hexisdabest

Male

Post by Hexisdabest 1/8/2015, 7:03 am

"Y-yeah... Dance... Alexander adjusted himself and got back to his original position, left hand raised, right hand oncthe back. He swayed his arm and started moving in a box like shape. He a soothing feeling after they have started. Alexander felt like there were no one there at all, his whole attention all focused on Valerie's eyes. They moved in sync with the beat of the music and felt smooth while at it. He can't believe he's dancing, even more, he's dancing pretty good, for him at least. "You're pretty good at it. Are you sure it's just your second time? Alexander isn't really that much of a fan of slow dances. But with Valerie, he doesn't mind doing even the silliest of dances.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 11:00 am