A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

cave diem {jack&bobby}

muse
    muse

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2014-06-01

cave diem {jack&bobby} Empty cave diem {jack&bobby}

Post by muse 2/9/2015, 4:31 pm

cave diem {jack&bobby} Tumblr_mch45nc3G41rs2x68o2_500-1

Bobby didn't really understand why having a dance was such a big deal. Or Valentine's day, for that matter. There's just no point in celebrating the execution of an old guy by kissing people and giving them chocolates. Technically, if you go even farther back, Valentine's day originated in Lupercalia, which is basically a day where Roman kids ran around naked. Weird holiday. Where was she? Oh, right, dances. Aside from the silliness of Valentine's day in general, the dances were even more pointless. At least, from what she'd seen in movies. Who knows, maybe this one would be fun.

When she came in the door, Bobby wasn't really sure what she had been expecting, but it was kind of like what she saw. Kids from camp where scattered about, with food and drinks at the edges. Some people were dancing, some were just chatting by the food. Bobby reckoned at least half the attendees were only there for the food. She wasn't, though. She was there for the dancing. And so dance she did. Of course, it wasn't very american dancing, but it was the best she could do, having been homeschooled all her life and only seeing dancing in movies or at class. She tried to mimic the others, mixing in a bit of the dance from her classes. She was too preoccupied in watching one girl that she didn't see the person she was dancing right into.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1136
    Registration date : 2013-02-19

cave diem {jack&bobby} Empty Re: cave diem {jack&bobby}

Post by Prophet 2/9/2015, 4:55 pm

I had been dancing with the others, albeit doing nothing flashy. I had sort of stuck to the back of the crowd, hidden in plain sight. Suddenly, a girl bumped into me, hard. I nearly fell, but kept my balance. I was slightly annoyed, "Watch it, please. I don't take kindly to people who have no situational awareness."
    muse
    muse

Other / Decline to state

Post by muse 2/9/2015, 5:20 pm

Bobby squeaked a little bit when she crashed into the boy, then quickly proceeded to launch into a long string of apologies that were pretty much impossible to understand, but went something like "Oh my gods, I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going and I just I'm sorry about that." She tries to smile at you, saying one last time, "Sorry?"
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 2/9/2015, 6:16 pm

My expressions softened, then I noted, "That was a very long winded apology. Obviously you're sincere." I noticed a lot of eyes on us. I decided, "Why don't we move out of the public eye?"
    muse
    muse

Other / Decline to state

Post by muse 2/9/2015, 10:04 pm

"Moving, yes, moving is good. Unless of course you leave all your friends behind when you move and I'm just going to stop talking because none of this makes sense." Bobby clamps a hand over her mouth to keep herself from bursting out again. As she walks to wherever "out of the public eye" is, she tries to calm herself down by wondering if it would be possible to calculate the force of being looked at. Then she gets bored and starts to think about wormholes, and really doesn't pay any attention to where she's going. She's just moving.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 2/9/2015, 10:39 pm

I noticed her rambling and said, "No, go on. You seem very intelligent. I like people who are intelligent, as I can have an intellectual discussion with said people. People who are intelligent understand my thought process, my inner workings of my mind." I realized I was rambling myself and said, "It seems we're both rambling. I think you should stick around."
    muse
    muse

Other / Decline to state

Post by muse 2/10/2015, 8:45 pm

"I could stick around. You seem intelligent enough to deal with my ramblings." She narrows her eyes at the boy. "Athena kid, yes? I'm Bobby, by the way. Resident Indian and daughter of Bia." She smiles, holding out a hand expectantly. "Sorry about my dancing back there."
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 2/10/2015, 10:37 pm

I shook her hand gently enough. I said, "Yes, Athena is my mother. Perceptive of you, perceptive indeed. Bobby, huh? I'm Jack, I specialize in psychology. Your dancing was okay, just a little clumsy, that's all."
    muse
    muse

Other / Decline to state

Post by muse 2/11/2015, 7:44 pm

She lets out a breath and relaxes a bit. "Well, that's a relief. I thought I would stick out, having never actually been to one of these dance things before. In a school of one, there's not exactly much point, unless I went to the campus parties but honestly Princeton kids consider doing math problems in a circle a party." She stops again. "The rambling's happening again." She takes a step away, trying to calm her brain down so she could speak in proper sentences instead of rambling. "Psychology, eh?"
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 2/12/2015, 9:48 am

I responded, "Yes, psychology. I've smoothed out many an argument in the past. It is not easy, knowing the human mind. Some truths are not ones most want to hear. But that's not what's important. What's important is that I want you to dance with me." Yes, I'd laid down the offer, went all-in. Now it was time to see her response.
    muse
    muse

Other / Decline to state

Post by muse 2/12/2015, 7:01 pm

She raises a singular eyebrow, but shows no other emotion at the request. "Dance with me, huh?" She considers it for a few moments, staying almost unnervingly quiet. "Was my dancing alone really so bad?" She considers it for a just a second longer, then shrugs. "I don't see why not. I'll have to warn you though, I usually just do my fancy Indian dances." She smiles, clearly an attempt at a joke.
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 2/12/2015, 7:08 pm

I said, "Fine by me, long as we're dancing together." It was not necessarily love that drove me on this decision, but a desire to have my time here be worth something. I put my arms around her waist as a new song started. I began to dance, taking her along with me.

OOC: I think beforehand there isn't much romance, but afterward there could be.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 2/24/2015, 7:39 am

OOC: Valentine's dance is over, you may finish your topics via PM :) Hope you had fun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 3:09 am