A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Research!

lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4469
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Research! Empty Research!

Post by lost shadow 2/11/2015, 12:29 am

It was a Rainy day at Camp Half-Blood when a young demigod was in the camo Library, Kie sighed as he could hear the loud rain fall outside in the camp and surrounding area " Someone's upset..."he said thinking of all of the gods that involved in weather. "Well as long as no lightning strikes a forest fire is definitely not what I need today "  The young blond haired demigod mumbled to himself as he looked over the giant book shelves that seemed to go on and on. scrolling through the mythological section which was ell most of the library. Kie was going through Greek... Roman... Norse... Along with many other cultures before finally reaching the Egyptian section. Kie picked out a large old book covered in dust carrying it carefully before sitting down in the quiet room several other demigods sat off alone reading their respective books.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Research! Empty Re: Research!

Post by Green 2/11/2015, 12:40 am

Since Hezekiah couldn't go play basketball today, he decided to go to the library and brush up on his Egyptian mythology. Was it still considered mythology since it was real? Anywho, he went to a shelf and picked up a book on gods and goddess and sat by a blonde haired boy.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/11/2015, 2:04 am

Kie wiped the dust from the cover of the old book before opening the old text reading through the first chapter speedily before he noticed Hezekiah sitting next to him. Kie glanced at the book The boy next to him was reading trying to make out what it was and what it was about. Kie eventually tpwent back to reading "Ugh... This tells me nothing"he sighed closing the book several minutes later after glancing at Hezekiah
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/11/2015, 8:07 am

The demigod noticed that the guy beside him kept glancing over at him. He had only been at camp for a week so he didn't really know a lot of people here. Altough he has come in contact with three other Egyptian  campers, including his half brother, Colin. Shifting in his seat, Hezekiah made seating down more comfortable. He flipped to a page that was about his mother, smiling softly at the picture.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/11/2015, 11:05 pm

Kie was looking at the book the demigod next to him was reading, kie didn't normally interact with people but with his return to camp kie decided it was time to change things "Hey, what book are you reading?"he asked the demigod next to him clearly as he looked at the Egyptian markings on the book. Kie had never really cared to meet any of the other Egyptian demigods and when he did he never really enjoyed Tue company of the ones he had met.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/12/2015, 7:47 am

The demigod looked over at the guy and closed the book, leaving his finger in there to save his page. Showing him the cover, Hezekiah replied, "it's a book on Egyptian mythology." He stated and opened the book back up to the page he was on. The son of Serqet flipped the page to find Bast and Hathor, reminding him of his friend, Nefertiti, and his other friend, Aziza who was a dauhter of Bast.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/12/2015, 6:34 pm

The blonde haired boy gave Hezekiah a nod as he looked at the cover, "Alright I thought so, Kie stated as he looked at the old book. Kie closed his own book letting it rest to the side, pushing it away carefully, kie glanced again as he saw The boy next to him open up his book again. Kie could clearly see the page on Bastet and Hathor making him smile as he looked at the symbol of bast on the page. "You're an Egyptian demigod I assume?"Kie asked  looking at the boy next to him curiously.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/12/2015, 6:42 pm

Hezekiah nodded slowly and glided his hand over the picture of Hathor. "I'm Hezekiah, son of Serqet." He said with a slight hiss. "Aren't the Egyptian godd amazing?" He asked quietly before moving his hand to Bastest's picture. "She's total bada$$." He added, looking at the cat goddess' picture. He glanced at the guy, looking him up and down before turning attention back to the book, turning the page revealing his mother one page and Sobek on the other, smirking.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/12/2015, 7:11 pm

Kie gave Hezekiah a friendly smile "Yes they are" kie agreed watching as Hezekiah moved pointing to Bast's picture "Yeah she is.. I'm kie son of Bast"he told Hezekiah as he looked down at his mothers picture wondering what his mother really looked like ran through his head several images popped up like a women with a giant cat head, this made kie snicker as what was around him started to fade kie going into his own little world for a moment before snapping back into reality. Kie watched as Hezekiah turned the page to one of Serqet and sobek, Kie brushed his long blonde hair out of his eyes as he looked at the page quickly scrolling through it taking bits and pieces of the hieroglyphs written on the page, skimming through it quickly.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/12/2015, 9:19 pm

Hezekiah frowned a bit, moving his hand over the scorpion goddess. He never really met his mother before so he wondered if she really looked like that. He turned his attention over to the guy sitting beside him. "Oh really? One of my friends is a daughter of Bastest. Her name is Aziza, you might have met her?" He asked before turning the page of the book, smiling at the pages.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/12/2015, 9:24 pm

Kie thought about it for a minute looking at Hezekiah and after a few moments he gave him an answer "I'm honestly not sure... Maybe? I've just come back from a two year absence from camp and my memory has never been very good ever since I was a little kid, maybe if I met her again I've always been good with faces "Kie answered Hezekiah as he made a few nervous movement's with his hands as if trying to give imagery to what he was saying, this was something kiendid when he was nervous and talking its been a habit since he was a child and he has never broken free of it.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/12/2015, 9:37 pm

"Ahhh, okay then." Hezekiah nodded slowly and tapped his finger on the table as he leaned back against the chair, clicking his tongue as he watched a girl walked passed. He watched her walk to a bookshelf, smirking. Hezekiah watched as the guy started to do something with his hands. "Are you okay, man?"
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/12/2015, 9:50 pm

"Sorry... Its just something I do to cope with talking with people.. I've done it since I was a kid and I've just never broken the habit "kie said stopping putting his hands to his lap putting his hands together " So.. Tell me about your self Hezekiah "he said trying in a quick push of desperation to make conversation.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/12/2015, 10:12 pm

Hezekiah shrugged his shoulders before closing his book and putting it on the table between them. "Don't aplogize. There something you just can't help." He admitted before cracking his knuckles and looking at the fair skinned Egyptian. "Uh, well I was born in here in New York City, went to school there and everything..." He said, trailing off as he thought about myself. "Uh, I have sickle cell anemia which stops me from playing basketball with my friends." He answered and looked at the guy. "What about you, son of Bastest?"I
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/12/2015, 11:24 pm

"Alright I won't but it bothers some people..."Kie said looking at the other demigod, kie looked up at the tall ceiling marveling at how large the library really is. Kie looked back at Hezekiah "I grew up in Springfield, Indiana and I was raised there and such until I started going to camp a few years back, and as I said I left camp around two years back and I just came back I went around the country and even a few parts of Africa but it was.. Very unpleasant There were solo many monsters!" Kie said smirking as he played with his right earring. Looking at Hezekiah but thoughts raced through his mind, kie wasn't sure about medical things so he wasn't sure what a sickle cell anima was but he assumed it had something to do with the boys blood.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/13/2015, 8:38 pm

Hezekiah looked at Kie? Yeah that was his name, and listened to him, smiling softly as he told him about his life. Hez tapped his index on the cover of the book he was reading. "That's awesome man. I've been to Africa a few times myself; once to Cameroon and another time to Egypt." Hezekiah stated in a whispered tone. "But I would love to go to Alexderia sometime though." He added with a smile, showing his beautiful white teeth and healthy pink gums.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/14/2015, 10:16 pm

Kie nodded slowly "yeah no never was able tons top by there I want to go back one day but certainly not alone or things become a bit difficult trying to go around all of the monsters. Speaking of monsters I wonder if we can find any in the northern forest? I live on the southern side and haven't seen many lately so I think they've moved over to the northern end do you want to go hunting?"Kie asked almost excitedly he had been so use to fighting almost on a daily basis that it was strange not to fight some minor monster every now and again. "Or if you want we could stop by the mess hall I'm a bit hungry"kie said looking at Hezekiah before realizing he hadn't even asked if Hezekiah wanted to hang out after the library "Sorry I didn't even ask... You want to hang out? The weather is clearing up"Kie said the rain had stopped pouring down on the camp and now it was just some dark clouds.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/14/2015, 10:44 pm

Hezekiah chuxkled and looked over at Kie, scratching behind his head. "Sure we can hang out." He stood up, stretching. "I've already been to the mess hall once today, but we can go anywhere else, as long as it's not a lot of people there..." He said trailing off.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/15/2015, 2:53 pm

Kie nodded slowly stretching against the back of his chair "Well where do you want to go? I'm fine with going anywhere I just want to get out before the rain starts up again" he said staying sat in his chair picking up the book he had grabbed from the shelf pressing it against his chest as he stood up looking at Hezekiah.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/15/2015, 8:52 pm

The demigod nodded slowly and stood, putting his book back in his respective spot, and went back over to Kie. "Actually that works. The forest is less crowded then anywhere else so far at camp." Hezekiah stated with a slight smile, venom dripping from his lip.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/15/2015, 11:09 pm

Kie smirked " how about the northern area I don't go there very often since I built a cabin on the southern side of the forest so I use to spend most of my time there and your right not as many people go there it is really peaceful" the demigod spoke and glanced at the venom dripping from his lip "you have a little ... Something on your lip"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/15/2015, 11:22 pm

"Oh, that's cool! I wish I had a little hut or somethning." Hezekiah grumbled under his breath and walked back over to him. "Are you ready to go now or- oh! I'm sorry." The demigod quickly wiped the venom from off his lips. "I hate when that happens."
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/16/2015, 5:23 pm

"Yeah but now its practically falling apart I need to do repairs and replace a few things, I've thought about going over and talking to one of the Hephaestus children just to get some advice on what to do, but yes I'm ready to go" Lie said walking over to the book shelf taking a moment to find where to put back the book he took from the shelf. "Does that happen often?"Kie asked adjusting his coat sticking his hands into his pockets.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 9:20 am

Hezekiah stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, I feel you, man." He said as he watched Kie put the book back on the shelf. He slolwy started to drool again so he quickly wiped the corner of his mouth, cursing. "It doesn't happen that often.." He stated and headed toward the exit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 12:43 am