A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A meeting to be remembered

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

A meeting to be remembered Empty A meeting to be remembered

Post by Holly 2/15/2015, 11:22 pm

Lindia's eyes darted around. People were walking past her without really seeing her, she belonged to the background of the city they all tried to ignore: people like her who lived on the streets, had dirty clothes with tattered hems, and hadn't showered in a couple of days. Ever since she had left for Sonoma, she had become inhabited to the smell of her own sweat -- but other people, all these wealthy stuck-ups who acted as if she was some kind of lamp post or something, their precious noses wrinkled automatically whenever she came near them. They would never know what it's like to live like she did: sleep on the cold pavement, beg, steal food, fight away too curious gangs... These people would never know that life. She hated them. She envied them.
    A guy passed her in the buzz of his scooter, stopping a couple of meters from her and getting off, tucking his helmet under his arm. Lindia couldn't believe her luck! She was so close to the location Lupa had given her directions to, so close. Her internal radar was ticking like a time bomb. Not showing any emotion, she walked over to the scooter casually before suddenly stopping to re-tie her shoelaces. Her old backpack hung over her shoulder, carrying the few essentials she had schlepped from Detroit to Sonoma and now from Sonoma to San Francisco. The streets were bursting with activity. Nobody would remember her. All the better.

Slipping a small piece of copper while from her shoe, her pale hands climbed the exterior of the scooter before reaching underneath of its outer shell, her fingers targeting and disconnecting the igniter cap and inserting the wire into one side, not allowing any sign of emotion in her face while she manipulated the cap and the wire, allowing the scooter to be turned on, without the key anywhere need the bike.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

A meeting to be remembered Empty Re: A meeting to be remembered

Post by Morgan Landry 2/16/2015, 3:51 pm

Shopping, shopping, shopping. Finally! She had almost nothing to wear these days and whilst the Trajan Mall of New Rome was beautiful and filled with gleaming stores, she felt like using one of her leave days to go to San Francisco. San Francisco. In her thoughts it had always been the golden city, where it was always warm and the smell of bougainvillea and eucalyptus was omnipresent, even in winter. Strolling among mortals, she had her handbag on her shoulder and carried a couple of colorful paper shopping bags with the names of the stores: H&M, Go Jane, Hollister, etc. She was dressed in a cute coral top and slim white jeans retracing the shape of her legs, sporting coral slingback wedges set with a bowtie on top of each, her earlobes and wrists glistening with golden jewels. Her eyes were sparkling with peach makeup and her lips were brushed with glittering nude gloss.
    With her blow-dried hair curling over her shoulder in thick shimmering waves and her sunglasses, she really looked like a popular girl you'd see on a teen show. All glitter and make-up.
    Walking down an alley towards another store she had put on her shop-list, her eyes caught movement at  the corner of her vision. If she hadn't been a Roman soldier with ADHD trained for that kind of stuff, she would probably have forgotten it or ignored it. But not now. Frowning, she looked at the girl crouching next to the motorbike, inserting a wire into one side of the ignition cap. She had ripped, edgy clothes like a punk/rock girl except that these weren't purposeful rips. The hems were stained and tattered, her hair was damaged and lackluster, she had bruises, and her whole attitude was the one of someone who lived on the streets. Having had to do that herself on her trip from Sonoma Valley to Camp Jupiter, Laure knew what she was talking about.
    Sorry sweetie, you won't have it your way today. Glancing over her shoulder, she caught sight of two cops and quickly walked over to them.

"Excuse me, I think this girl over there is trying to steal the bike," she told them in her sweet, innocent voice. Well I don't just think it, I'm sure of it, but y'know. The two cops looked in the direction she pointed at and nodded.

"Thanks miss," one of them said and they walked over to the edgy hobo girl, grabbing her arms. "Yeah, you're gonna leave that bike alone and come with us." The girl hissed and struggled, but the two were stronger, cuffed her and dragged her away. "Hey you! Girl!"

Laure twirled around, eyebrows raised innocently.

"You're gonna come with us too. You're a witness."

~~~

The wait in the police office was long. Laure spent most of her time ignoring the punk/rock girl who was cuffed on the other side of a barred door, glaring her down. She had a really good glare, the type which would make most people go, Oh sht. It was kind of intimidating. Laure had a good glare too though, which Lupa had taught her so she frowned right back at her in a disapproving, disgusted way.
    Now, with the wait, Laure had had more time to look at her properly. If she got the stains from her skin and brushed/washed her hair, she might have a shot at being pretty. But now, what she looked at was a girl with dirty skin, a forehead half-eaten by acne and hollow cheeks, the type of person who knew what hunger was. Despite that, she had bruises and bulges of muscle so she obviously had been in some fights. Her hair hung around, hiding parts of her face in dirty, messy lumps, knots everywhere. Ew.

A cop woman popped her head in without a smile.

"It's time, you two."

Finally! Smiling, the young daughter of Aurora gathered her shopping bags and stood up, her jewels glittering. Two other cops went to get punk-rock-hobo-girl and a minute later, they were sitting side by side in front of a desk, facing the policewoman, the other two staying either side of the door for security. Laure glanced at the girl and wrinkled her nose. Gods, did she smell. Someone introduce her to soap, for the love of Juno!
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/17/2015, 9:54 am

Lindia sat down and glared at the other girl. Who did she think she was, with her ludicrous shopping bags and pathetic fashion clothes? If they were out in the streets, she'd beat her up so hard the medics would have to scoop her up the sidewalk with a spoon. The cuffs were leaving painful red marks in her wrists and no matter how she positioned her hands, they always hurt.

She moved her glare to the cop woman. What would she do to her anyway? Send her to juvie? These people didn't even know what she was capable of. If she wanted to, she could set this whole office ablaze. Then the questioning began, or rather this ordeal.

"So what did you want that bike for?"
    "I didn't want it! I was just looking at it."
    "Yeah, sure. When I look at stuff I always take off the ignition cap to slide a metal wire in," the girl sarcastically said, which made Lindia angry. Well, angrier. Her sweet and innocent voice irritated her so much she would've punched her right there and now if not for these stupid cuffs. "What's your name?" the cop woman asked.
    "Isabel Montoya," she grumbled, her eyes darting around briefly before staring at the dark-haired cop. Gods did she have a big nose

"I'm gonna call your parents or your tutor," the cop said, scrolling through a page on her computer -- probably a list of all the Isabel Montoya's in the United States. Lindia glanced back at the other girl and they shared another glare; After a moment of looking through the page on the computer she looked up from the screen to the more respectable young woman. "Can you tell me what you saw exactly?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/17/2015, 4:06 pm

"I was just strolling by and I saw this girl next to the scooter. Now you'll agree she seemed kinda out of place so I looked closer and saw she was inserting a type of wire into the ignition thing, which ticked me off. That's when I went to get your two colleagues and they took her away."

Laure sat back and crossed her arms, ignoring Isabel while the policewoman typed everything she said on her computer.

"Well, Isabel, seems you're in a nasty position," she said and Laure shot her a glance. Isabel knitted her eyebrows but she seemed more irritated than angry, yet her glare was precise, calculated and powerful. Hold on... she knew that type of glare.
    Laure's chair seemed to sink into the ground.
    Gods of Olympus.

The attitude, the stare, everything suddenly fell into place. This girl is Roman! Probably coming straight from the Wolf House, fresh new recruit for the Legion. Laure had to get her out of here. Why had she just said everything to this cop? Gods, she was so blind! She had to do something right now.

"Actually..." she said, cutting through the policewoman's sentence, "I'm not quite sure it was a wire to be honest. It looked kind of yellow. All I know is that she was crouching next to this scooter with the thing."

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, she was crouching next to it tying her shoelaces. Now that I think about it, I must've mistook the shoelace for a wire." She giggled stupidly. "I'm near-sighted and forgot my lenses today, that's probably why. I'm sorry, I hope you're not mad at me?"

"Mad? Of course not, you're just making me lose my time!" The woman sounded pissed off and Laure could understand why. "Now pull yourself together and try to make sense. Did you or did you not see this girl try to steal the bike?"

"I don't know," she repeated, "I'm just saying a mistook the shoelace for a wire. They really look alike."

The woman let out an audible sigh and looked at the two other cops. "What about you? What happened?"

The two exchanged a glance. "I'm pretty sure it was a wire," one of them said.

"I just told you it was a shoelace though!" Laure giggled again. "Captain, this is ridiculous. I just made a mistake! Don't make Isabel pay for it. I'm deeply sorry I made you lose your time, I'm gonna go right home and get my lenses."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 2/21/2015, 9:59 pm

It was another hour that Lindia was stuck besides this stuck up rich girl, another hour of idiocy until she was finally relieved of the handcuffs, given her bag back, and allowed to leave the station. The sun was beginning to set past the Golden Gate Bridge to the west and it wouldn't be long until the temperature dropped even lower. As she took a step to the curb, her internal radar began to go off like a bomb again, and she knew that she was close to camp.

She began to walk away, her hand inside of the smelly bag, retrieving a tattered pack of cigarettes and opening it, retrieving one of the sticks left. As she lifted it to her lips she heard the rich girl speak, which had her turn, only slightly to give her an annoyed glance.

"Where are you going?" Laure asked her, crossing her arms while holding the bags she had gotten while out shopping. "That back there? That was called saving your butt" She told the filthy, and pissed blonde.

"I could have handled it myself" She replied sharply, her gaze piercing while her tone was also sharp as she addressed the other girl, the street lights flickering on around them.

"Except you didn't" She pointed out, which only caused Lindia to roll her eyes and turn away again, this time placing the cigarette between her lips and lighting it with the tip of her finger, inhaling. Preparing to just follow her radar, what the girl said next caused her to pause. "So do you need a ride to camp Jupiter, or are you going to find it yourself?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/12/2016, 6:32 pm

Laure smirked, fist on her hip. That got her attention.

"Ready to listen to me now? Good. Follow me, my car's down the road."

Spinning around, her skirt flying around her thighs, she stalked away on her heels, her bags swinging at her side. She realized the girl wasn't following and turned around with a frown. She was standing there with a mistrustful expression, so Laure sighed and extended her arm to show her tattoo.

"I'm not a monster. Now come along already."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/1/2016, 3:57 pm

The demigod looked at the tattoo on the richer girls arm for a moment before debating that indeed this was someone who would help her and wouldnt be a monster. Moving her hand to her pocket she placed them within and smiled lightly at whatever this adventure would be. Slowly she followed the blonde, her hand resting on her lighter within her pocket in case she needed to do something....drastic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 11:03 am