A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Luck and snow (private for lost shadow and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Luck and snow (private for lost shadow and myself) Empty Luck and snow (private for lost shadow and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 2/22/2015, 5:25 am

Spencer was shuffling the cards. It was the fifth round of "cutthroat" Spades and as of now, she was tied winner with a daughter of Mars. The Afro-American daughter of Fortuna loved card games: not only were they fun ways of testing her luck, but they were also cool training for her powers. She'd induce a bit of luck into her card and bam! -- she had a superb hand.
    Sipping her lemon Fanta, she gave everyone their cards and started the game. After several minutes, the same daughter of Mars took the game and Spencer dropped her remaining cards on the table, angry. She hated losing. She just couldn't stand it. Second place looked good on everyone else but her. Standing up from the table, she walked away, her eyebrows knitting on her dark skin. She was wearing a blue one-shoulder shirt with white shorts, showing her black, athletic legs, yellow sneakers and a red Beats headset around her neck. Her mass of cornrows were gathered up into a ponytail but she drew them loose, letting them fall around her shoulders. She really couldn't stand losing. She was the daughter of Fortuna and the granddaughter of Victoria: it just wasn't in her nature.
    This here wasn't high school anymore and Spencer knew it. She had to suck it up and get better. Just another challenge I have to take up -- and by the gods, she lived for challenges.
    Leaning behind her barrack, she greeted a couple of fellow legionnaires from the First Cohort and checked the time. Still an hour till troop review... perhaps she could go train in the Fields of Mars? Just had to get her gladius and pilum. Her muscles already ached at the thought of carrying the heavy weaponry again.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4469
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Luck and snow (private for lost shadow and myself) Empty Re: Luck and snow (private for lost shadow and myself)

Post by lost shadow 2/22/2015, 3:41 pm

Deo had been taking a leisurely stroll among the many roads and paths of Camp Jupiter, he had just been in an argument with one of his so called "Superior's" the thought of them having the audacity to even think about them selves above him made Deo chuckle. He watched the other legionnaires in the area he saw a card game set up on a table, Demigods and legacy's walking up and down the many roads that had been made throughout Camp Jupiter. he walked over, grabbing a light brown wooden chair that was not in use by the legionnaires at the card table. He dragged the table away from the legionnaires he doubt that any of them would notice him, no one did. He sat in the chair running his hands through his snow white dyed hair before crossing his arms behind his head, closing his eyes he tried to block out the chatter from the nearby Legionnaires.

"I won't have long... they will find me soon in such a crowded place" he thought thinking of how he had stormed out of his barracks, he had been assigned more guard duties than he could count, he was starting to think that they are beginning to run out of punishments since he regularly ditched his duties and assignments. The sound of the legionnaires finally ceased in his mind blocking them out as he let the sun shine down on his head feeling its warmth against his skin it made him squirm in his chair a bit for anyone else it would have been the perfect spring day but Deo was already missing the cold winter " Why did New Rome have to be in California? why not Canada or Colorado???" he asked himself in discomfort as he opened his eyes abd out his arm up to shield them from the sun.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Luck and snow (private for lost shadow and myself) Empty Re: Luck and snow (private for lost shadow and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 2/22/2015, 4:16 pm

On her way to the barrack's entrance, Spencer almost fell over a guy sitting in one of the alleys formed by the Cohorts' barracks. Playing cards went flying, surprised cries rose up, a can of Coke sent up a burst of amber-brown liquid as it dropped to the ground, some of it landing on Spencer. And she fell on her face.
    Her skin was too dark to show the blush but the heat wave in her cheeks was intense. She knew she had to be careful about her feelings: her emotions matched her luck so if she felt down, bad luck came her way really quickly. Some people shot her angry glances as they picked their cards up but most were laughing and applauding. Spencer felt so humiliated and angry she wanted to curse them all with bad luck right there, right now, but she knew she wouldn't have enough energy for the pack of them.

"Nice move, probatio," one of them clapped her back.

"You sure you're in the 1st?"

She helped everyone pick up their stuff while hiding her probatio tablet back in her neckline then turned to the guy she had stumbled on. His hair was the first thing she noticed: it was perfectly white, like freshly fallen snow...really intriguing.

"Sorry about that," she said then turned around to the still snickering demigods and made an extravagant bow with rond-de-jambe. Glad to have been your entertainment. See you on the race track.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/22/2015, 5:53 pm

Deo watched as a young legionnaire girl almost trip over him, he watched her fall closing his eyes so he didn't have to see the girls impact with the ground. He opened his eyes just to feel a few drops of warm coke splash onto him, a few playing cards still floated in the air slowly descending onto the slowly forming pile of cards. He watched as the Legionnaires around the barracks erupt in laughter some of them even insulting the girl, Why wasn't he born with the power to freeze insolent people like these legionnaires? Deo swore that if there would have been snow around the camp he would have buried the laughing Demigods. Deo stood, looking around shooting the people around an angry glare "Piss off and leave the girl alone!!!" he growled at the large group of legionnaires.  

Deo looked at the girl who was now apologizing to him, he shook his head "It's not an issue really" he said looking at the girl as the crowd slowly dispersed going back to their activity's, he looked over the girl in front of him who had a slight bit of coke dripping from her clothes. He felt bad for the girl she had just went through all of that misfortune and embarrassment, he wasn't sure about her but it would have nearly killed him to be in the center of attention like that.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/23/2015, 11:12 am

Spencer looked up at the guy she had tripped on, who was now telling everyone to piss off and leave her alone. She had mixed feelings: part of her was relieved and grateful at least someone was taking her side, but part of her knew it was making her look weak (well, weaker). And weakness was the one thing the Legion didn't tolerate.

"Thanks, I guess," she said, then looked at her Coke-splattered shirt. Better change that. Disappearing in her barrack, she hid in the bathroom the time to change from her intense blue one-shoulder shirt to a purple camp tee, then grabbed her gladius and her heavy shield, moving back out into the sun light. She heard some snickers from the card players' table, but they were scarce now. The white-haired guy was still there; now that she actually looked at him, she realized he looked like one of the emo/punk guys at her school -- they were rather few, considering 90 percent of her high school were cheerleaders and jocks. The emo-punk-goths were about as many as the nerds. Yeah, he did look like one of them, he had these earrings, nose piercing, ripped jeans, everything. Made him look kinda unapproachable.

"I'm Spencer, by the way," she told him. Despite being in the Roman camp now, she rarely used her real first name. Spuria Ramsay felt somehow different than Spencer Ramsay. It was a good different but still unfamiliar, as if Spuria was someone she had yet to become.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/24/2015, 7:46 pm

Deo felt started to feel a pang of regret for sticking up for the girl that had fallen, it wasn't that he didn't like helping the girl but he had drawn way to much attention to himself he was sure that not before long word would get to someone who was looking for him. He watched as the girl ran into one of the barracks, he didn't expect her to return.  

"What was i thinking... sticking up for that girl, I'll have to go before the guards come around" Deo thought before seeing the girl return, which surprised him. Deo finally got a good look at the girl she was wearing a new shirt now and she had a gladius and a shield with her [color:d12b=lightblue"She must be going to train" The young man concluded before realizing she was introducing hersellf. After taking a minute to remember her name, he looked at her and greeted her with an unaffected face matched with an icy stare.
    "My names Deo" he said quietly, watching her she was about to leave but he couldn't think of another place to hide [color:d12b=light blue]" Can i come with you? your going to go train or spar right?"he asked watching a few clouds rolled across the sky blocking out the sun, giving Deo and most of Camp Jupiter some needed shade.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/25/2015, 5:20 am

Wow, his look was so freezing she could almost sense a shiver crawl up her spine. No emotions. Nothing. Like ice. (Or Kristen Stewart. But no, that was mean.) Then she frowned a bit.

"Deo... like, deodorant?" She then pressed her lips together. "Sorry." Dear gods Spencer you can't just ask people if they're name is deodorant. She was about to turn away, promising herself to try and never cross Deo's path again when the teen suddenly asked her if he could tag along.

She looked over her shoulder, quite surprised. "Oh yeah, sure." Spencer gave him a grin and resumed walking to the training area. Formation fighting was fun, but one-on-one was even better. Most of her life, Spence had trained with her father's wooden gladii but now, with an actual, heavy imperial gold gladius in her hand, it was a whole other matter. Sure she had also trained with her dad's actual gladii but imperial gold was simply something else. Spencer had a knack for riches and gold, and just the thrum of the godly metal filled her with the thrill to do something.

They finally reached the training area and Spencer turned to face Deo, briefly putting her shield down to gather her cornrows into a ponytail. Then she unsheathed her sword and attacked, aiming stabs and hacks in the good ole Roman fashion. She wasn't as clueless as most probatii about the way of fighting, after all she had been trained since age six by a son of Victoria, which gave her eight years of experience.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 2/25/2015, 9:18 pm

Deo's eye twitched, his stare becoming even more intense as he insulted his name "No... Not like deodorant"he stated trying not to grind his teeth in frustration. He heard Spencer say that he could tag along with her, as he had requested " I'll be back"he said giving her a look that practically screamed You better not leave me.. Deo ran back to the fourth cohort barracks. After a few moments, not more than two minutes he returned with twin imperial gold Pugio's. Honestly he was worried a bit when he came back he saw Spencer stabbing at the air She doesn't expect me to actually spar with her does she? he asked himself, i Deo was not useless fighter but he never actively trains, so he always has to resorts to dirty tricks.

Watching her stab and slash at the air, he watched her form puting how she moves to memory if they ever have to fight"Ready, to go?" he asked looking at her his brow furrowed as his eyebrow raised in question. He looked back out at the light blue sky, the cloud that had been covering the camp in a relaxing shade had drifted off. Deo passed the Pugio which rested in his right hand into his other hand which now held two of the large knives. Looking back at Spencer expecting a response as his free hand ran through his snow white hair.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/27/2015, 6:20 am

"You bet your butt I am," Spencer grinned.

Fortunately, the training area was mostly empty as it was close to dinner and the good majority of legionnaires were polishing their armors and weapons for troop review. Spencer had already brushed hers until it gleamed like now, so she could afford to spend some time sparring.
    Readying her gladius, she looked at Deo. He didn't fight with a sword but with two pugii, their short blades giving a faint golden halo. Short blades meant he had to come closer to his opponent and the closer he got, the easier for him it was to pull off dirty tactics like eye-gouging, groin-hitting, hair-pulling, punching, etc. Spencer had to be careful.
    Giving her gladius a rotation in her hand, she faced the white-haired emo guy before attacking him, holding her shield in front of her to protect herself.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 3/8/2015, 6:36 pm

Deo swallowed this was not gonna be pretty, how would he even attempt to get behind that giant shield? Taking a moment to breathe, calming himself. "Spencer i just want to say..." he said in an attempt to get her guard down, rubbing the handle of his right Pugio which was held loosely in his right hand, glancing at the imperial gold blade, looking at the reflection of himself for a second.  up at her expectant face stretching both of his arms going behind his back "Now..." he thought with a quick flick of his arm his right Pugio was spinning toward the other Legionnaires Shield. Deo spun the Pugio in his left hand the blade pointed up.  

Deo ran toward Spencer with his blade in hand. Worry filled his mind as he sprinted toward Spencer, ready to cut into the other legionnaire "I'm ready to begin!!!" he growled trying to intimidate her, giving her an icy stare as he quickly started to advance towards the dark haired legionnaire.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/11/2015, 6:52 am

"Hmm?" She asked, looking up only to see one of his pugii flying towards her and thudding off her shield. Next thing she knew, Deo was attacking her with his other pugio and if she hadn't raised her own gladius to meet his blade, he would've chopped her face up, helmet or not. They started fighting in a series of stabs and slashes in the good nice Roman way, with tactics and calculation.
    lost shadow
    lost shadow
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by lost shadow 3/24/2015, 7:41 pm

Deo flashed the roman girl a smile, he had surprised the other Legionnaire and in turn had gained the advantage. Blocking two or three of Spencer's blows, Deo quickly initiated a counter attack hoping to find a way through Spencer's defense, swinging his arm quickly with his Right Pugii in hand, his blade aimed for Kristens armored chest.  Deo's Pugii bounced off Kristen's shield with a loud clang "This is a lot more fun than i thought it would be.." he thought quickly his mind racing as he tried to think of a way to defeat Spencer. " Hey Spencer!!!" he said almost yelling trying to keep her attention.

OOC SOrry i actually forgot about this and i have been kind of busy lately >_<

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 9:36 am