A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

After training (Morgan)

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

After training (Morgan) Empty After training (Morgan)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/14/2015, 12:48 pm

Cassandra let out a long sigh as she entered the hot water of the bath, it felt delightful against her sore aching muscles. Despite her continual efforts to learn to operate better with Roman equipment, Cassie sucked terribly when it came to using the sword and shield that made up the standard kit. Of course she fought as best she could but the shield was in her opinion far too bulky, the sword feeling unbalanced and clumsy in her right hand.
    The young demigod opened and closed the fingers of her right hand, a legionnaire in practice today struck her hand with the flat of his blade, bruising it as well as causing her to drop her weapon.

If Cassandra had been using her Sica instead it would have been a different story. However, such things were not the case. Her superiors hated it when Cassie excelled at using Thracian equipment instead of the Roman which should have been easy, as Roman blood flowed through her veins. Despite her differences, Cassie had made a few friends in the Legion, mostly because of her impressive skills with the violin. It felt good to be partially accepted.
    Especially because Cassandra felt very much like an outsider here, a nobody really. Almost like she was a civilised barbarian in the heart of the Roman Empire. There was bitter irony in that, as well as a joke she felt sure of it. Cassandra let out another contented sigh relaxing in the bath, stretching out, moving her limbs slowly. She knew that she would find herself covered in bruises tomorrow, after every training session where Roman equipment was forced upon her Cassie woke the next day with at least a platoon of bruises.
    Cassandra did get her butt kicked when forced to use Roman weapons, she was awful, she could not throw a javelin, she was a woeful archer but mostly because she viewed the bow as a cowardly weapon, as a slinger she could not sling, don't get her a Scorpio or the Roman Catapult which the name of escaped her... The list went on and on.

Some days Cassie did not even feel slightly Roman.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

After training (Morgan) Empty Re: After training (Morgan)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/14/2015, 3:52 pm

Spencer splashed into the pool of the caldarium, having almost run across the burning ground. Dude was it hot in here.
    She had just come from the warm vapors and jacuzzis of the tepidarium, where automatic taps had ointed her dark skin with fragrant oils, and the steaming hot caldarium felt like a hit in the face.
    Looking up, she saw she wasn't the only one here. Another girl was there, with long dark hair and striking green eyes, looking about her age. Then Spencer recognized her.

"Hey Cassie!" She grinned, swimming over to her in the fuming hot water. Cassandra was a daughter of Victoria so Spencer's... half-aunt? Semi-aunt? Something along those lines. She was also in probatio, albeit in the 4th Cohort. "What's shakin'?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/14/2015, 3:59 pm

Cassie jumped when she heard Spencer call out. She honestly had not expected anyone else to enter the baths, for some unknown reason. Feeling self concious despite her swim suit she positioned herself to cover herself, Cassandra appeared to lack confidence in her physical presence and appearance.
    "Hi Spencer." Cassandra returned the greeting, her cheeks flushed slightly. "I'm okay just aching from training." Roman training was difficult, if not impossible. She would much rather just use Thracian weapons because Cassie excelled with their use. Especially when one compared it to her skills with Roman gear. Fighting her when she was clad in all Roman equipment happened to present little challenge.

"How are you? I haven't seen you in a while." Cassandra asked politely, she counted Spencer as one of her friends. Even if she didn't see her too much.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/15/2015, 5:40 am

"Doing greeeeat," she said, quickly diving under before breaking the surface a couple of seconds later. "Bro this actually burns. How are you being so chill over there?"

Cassandra had blushed and drawn back as if she was embarrassed to be seen in a bikini -- Spencer couldn't relate to that, she had practically zero hung-ups. It was probably why some people rumored Cassandra would become a Vestal when she was done with her service to the Urbs.

"Huh, me? I've been fantastic. I mean come on -- I'm in the 12th Legion of Rome! Okay I know I'm not part of it yet but still, it's damn great. What about you?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/15/2015, 6:15 am

"It is soothing my aches and... Bruises." She added the last part some what reluctantly. Cassandra stretched out somewhat awkwardly still trying to not reveal too much to her friend. She flexed her right hand, moving the digits of her fingers glad that none of them where broken.
    "Glad to see that your having fun." Cassie was not having as much fun in the Legion and New Rome as a whole. She debated silently in her mind as to what she would say in reply to her question. "Er..." Her hesitation was obvious, not that Cassie had ever been good at hiding her secrets. "I'm no okay." She finally replied.
    "I'm no good with Roman weapons... I get my butt whipped by the others when I have to use them." Cassandra sighed quietly, almost disappeared beneath the water for a second before she repositioned, moving her head away from the water. "Give me a Thracian Weapon and I can give you victory, without one you might as well dig my grave." She struck at the water with her left hand, accidentally splashing Spencer. "Oops! Sorry!" She apologises hastily, hoping she had not upset her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/11/2024, 6:59 pm