A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Dallas: Daughter of Poseidon

HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Dallas: Daughter of Poseidon  Empty Dallas: Daughter of Poseidon

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/20/2015, 1:37 pm

Dallas: Daughter of Poseidon  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWtEB8UJSXcJI7Z4ZG63yjow6qSzFxjmAtWtDfug-uO8dKa4lJ Dallas: Daughter of Poseidon  Ea347764781cb38d78f5bd9c3a5c1090

Name: My name is Dallas Dakota Clearwater. Dallas means from the water fall where as Dakota means friend or ally. I was named after my great-great grandfather; Dallas James Clearwater. He and my mother did not really get along, but aunt insisted upon it because I was born on his birthday. I don't really have any nicknames, sadly. But on occasion some people call me "D."

God Parent: My father is the Poseidon. God of Horses, oceans and earthquakes. 

~Family~ 
    ∞Mother: My mother is Elizabeth (Liz/Lizzy) Lillian Johnson. When she remarried she changed her last name from Clearwater. She is a kind woman whom has spoiled me all of my life. She met Poseidon at the age of 23 while working at an Aquarium. She loves me with all her heart, though is never hesitant to put her foot down when it comes to me doing something wrong. 
    ∞Step-father: My step-father is George Henry Johnson. He married my mother when I was the age of ten. If you ever ask me about him, I will most likely change the subject under the condition that I hate him with a blazing passion. 
    ∞Siblings: I have a younger brother named Mike who came into the family when my mother married. He is currently the age of 8. I also have an older sister named Jade who is currently attending high school at the age of 16. 
    ∞Grandfather: My Grandfather is Daniel Clearwater. A wise old man with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. He has spoiled me with gifts all of my life, all while teaching me things in the process. 

Date of Birth: I was born April 15th, in the year of 2000. I am currently the age of 14, but am very close to being 15.

Place of Birth: I was born is Bassfield, Mississippi. 

Hometown: I was also raised in Bassfield Mississippi. 

Race/Ethnicity: I am caucasion. But, if you with to get technical, I am just least bit Scottish and mainly American/English. 

Accent: I speak with a thick southern accent. I tend to say Y'all more than needed and exaggerate my A's, as well as my O's, E's. So, for instance, saying the word "awesome" would be pronounced: "Aaa-wsome." I also tend to say things called "old wise tales." They are typically things that I've heard from my grandfather. Something like... Red in the morning sailors take warning, red at night sailor's delight. 

Skin Tone: My skin is slightly tanned, due to being in the sun the vat majority if the time. 

Eye Color: My eyes are Bright blue, but seem hard as stone. No worries, I'm east to get along with. 

Hair Color: My hair color is known as Brunette. 

Hair Length: My hair falls about 2 inches's below my shoulder blades. It is not curly, but does have just a few natural waves in it. 

Height: I am a current 5 foot, 6 inches. 

Weight: I weight 130 pounds. 

Body Type: I am thin and tall, though I have some curves in certain places. 

Appearance: I have slightly tanned skin and my eyes seem a bit to small for my face. My bottom lip is fuller than the top, where as my nose is surprisingly proportioned. My "default" face looks determined and rebellious, matching my personality almost to the exact. I usually leave my hair free falling, though I love to have it pulled back during my leisure time. In the left side of my nose I have a blue piercing However, sometimes you may see it falling. My clothing differs day to day, usually depending on my mood and what the weather is like. None the less you can usually see me in some sort of blue-jean bottoms such as my beloved shorts. I usually wear a tight fitting t-shirts with funky designs on them as well. Oh, and my cowgirl hat.  I love that thing, and hardly ever go anwhere with out it. They usually have some sort of symbol on them like Monster or something.  My outfit is topped off with my cowgirl boots. I'm not all that big on makeup, but you can see me with mascara on pretty much all of the time. On occasion I may wear gray eyeshadow or even perhaps black if i'm feeling that daring. 

Weapon: I fight with a four foot long celestial bronze sword the majority of the time. However I also own a celestial bronze dagger that is slightly curved and has a somewhat serrated edge. It has a light blue hilt. 

Armor: I have your standard metal armor. I mainly use it for capture the flag and my plume is dyed a deep shad of blue.

Pet(s): I also own a male Rottweiler who  is a current 3 years of age. He's a sweet heart, despite his looks, but can be vicious when protecting the people whom he loves. His name is Rosco.

Skills/Talents: ∞Swimming~ Being a daughter of Poseidon I love the water and enjoy swimming. 
    ∞Playing guitar~ I've actually been doing this for about 4 years now and LOVE to do it. 
    ∞Barrel racing~ Barrel Racing is sort of like a sport that I do with horses. I take these competitions seriously and love it with a passion at the same time. 
    ∞Steer roping~ It's something I've pretty much always done. Besides, lassoing is better when you use a moving target. 
    ∞Trick Riding~ I started this about the age of nine and have really gotten good at it, leading to a few medals and such. 

Flaws: Physical~ My eyes look to small for my face. It's definitely annoying. 
    Dishonest~ I admit, I lie like breathing. I cheat at times, especially when there is a reward to be earned. It's stupid and childish, but it's me. 
    Judgmental~ I am extremely Judgmental. I'm quick to make assumptions based on your looks and things that I have heard about you Don't get me wrong, I can change these assumptions once we get to know each other, but before we do... it may make things complicated. 
    Overconfident~ I am over confident, making me get into quite a bit of trouble. At times I think I can do anything, perhaps even better than you can. It makes for very stupid mistakes.
    Overprotective~ To be honest, I absolutely, positively, without a s shadow of a doubt HATE when people mess with my things. This includes pets, people that are my friends, my belongings, and my family. Mess with any of those things, and there will be cause for me to go off on you. 
    Rebellious~ Do you see this face. It's one that hate's authority and will most likely go against it at all costs. I have things that I do my way, not the way others want or force them to be. 

Strengths: Secrets~ I love keeping secrets for people, and I'm very good at it. If you need to tell me something, trust that it is in confidence. Swimming~ Oh, gods. I love to swim. Being a daughter of Poseidon I'm very good at it, though I may use the water control to my advantage while on the swim team. Who said the mortals had to know? 

Charismatic~ Now, I'm not a charmspeaker, nor am I persuasive the vast majority of the time. However, I do have my way with words and may make you take a second guess at what you are about to do. 
    Technology~ I love anything having to do with technology, especially video games. I'm not an Athena child.... but I may be able to hack a firewall or two. 

Weaknesses: Cuteness/Pets~ I've always had a soft spot for cute little fluffy things, especially if they are pets such as puppies. 
    A second weakness, which I suppose you could say is physical, would be that I am cardiovascularly fit, but relatively weak
    Likes: Horses~ I have always been head over heals for horses. Sure there a hassle to keep clean and stuff, but all in all they make really great pets. 
    Running~ I like to run, there's just something about it that makes the adrenaline rush through me. 
    Thunderstorms~ I love the rain, especially playing in it and getting all muddy and jumping in the puddles. Not only that, but if you sit a covered porch while reading, it's pretty cool.
    Denim~ God's I love blue-jeans. Any way I can get em is fine. Designer, worn out, cut up, maybe even in jacket form. 

Dislikes: Snobs/Preps~ Look, I'll admit that some of the Aphrodite children are cool, though they can be overbearing at times. I'm not exactly scared to put anyone in there place when I see fit. 
    Authority~ I'm a defiant and rebellious person okay? Sometimes people in charge make good point that I take into consideration, but other than that you can most likely forget me listening. 
    People who don't take responsibility~ Honestly, people should accept consequences for there actions. Take responsibility and step up man! 
    Chewing with your mouth open~ Honestly, no one wants to see your currently-being-chewed food. It's gross.
    Touching~ I am not a touchy person. If your my family or friends, maybe a hug every once in a while. Other than those selected people, if you touch me, My body tends to go rigged. 

Fears: I'm not easily scared, though the though of ever losing a loved one scares the heck out of me. 

Personality: I'm quite easy to get along with, actually. I love to just hang out with my friends and talk and laugh about a bunch of randomly stupid things. I'm quite the all around socialite and can usually be friends with you... until you have offended me. If that ever happens, lets just say I know how to hold a grudge. I'm a little rebel. I HATE authority with a blazing passion and will go almost against anyone who thinks they can control me. I'm a bit of a daredevil and think I can do just about anything. In other words, I have a bit of an ego, though I don't take it to awfully seriously. I love technology and animals as well as drawing and playing my electric guitar. I always feel the need to prove my worth for some weird reason, but other than that I'm a goofball and love to pull pranks as well. I do a lot of Rodeo related things. Ever feel like riding? Come to me. 

Abilities: I have Four abilities. The first: I can here horses and pegasi in my mind... Strange, I'll admit, but it's the truth. The second I can talk to... fish... sharks to be more precise. The third ability is that I have is being able to sense any water within a 5 mile radius and tell if it is Fresh or Saltwater. Finally the fourth would be telling what latitude/longitude you are at while at sea. 

Powers: First off, I must start with limits. The most water that I can control is  1,000 gallons of water. Now, I can tell you how long I can control certain amounts. 
    1 gallon - 300 gallons~ I can control this amount for approximately 6 posts, giving me a cool down of 4.
    301 gallons - 600 gallons~ I can control this amount of water for 5 posts, giving me a cool down of  6. 
    601 gallons - 800 gallons~ I can control this amount for a total of  4 posts, giving me a cool down of  7.
    801 gallons - 1,000 gallons~ I can control this amount for 3 posts with a cool down rate of 8 posts.
    My first power is... interesting. It takes my elemental powers and combines them with physical fighting. Allow me to explain. First off, I can make a sphere of water about the size of a regular sized beach ball. After it's creation, I remove my hands from the ball, allowing it to levitate. Then, I will either punch or kick the sphere of water, causing a perfect form of my arm or leg to form out of the water. The morph will go any way that I have punched/kicked the ball, allowing my opponent to doge if they are quick enough. I usually find a water source such as a river to create the orbs, though if I do not have one I will use the water in the Atmosphere. I can control/create the orbs for a total of three posts, allowing a cool down of 5. 
    My second power would be creating Hurricanes. The largest one that I can create is approximately 5 yards wide and 8 feet tall. It takes 4 posts for me to create/control these tornados and a cool down rate of 6 before I may do it again. 
    For my third power I can create waves of about 9 feet across and 8 high. It takes me 6 posts to create these as well as a 8 posts to cool down. 

Years at Camp: Zero actually. I just arrived about 3 months ago. 

Life Before Camp: From what I remember I was born to my mother who was currently living on her fathers farm, along with her sister. Over my time growing up, my mother loved and cared for me, constantly thinking that I had to have a father. Due to this, I met and terrorized quite a few of my mothers boyfriends. Once I even put red dye in one of there shampoo bottles. I'll never forget the look on that mans face. 
    My grandfather has been an influential man in my life. When I was about 6 he got me a practice steer to start getting me in the habit of roping. I instantly fell in love with this, so he decided to start me on barrel racing at the age of 8. I also fell in love with this sport, so we all decided that I could take up this sport as well. A few months after that, I decided by myself to start up on trick riding. I went to competitions and such from there on out. 
    When I was about the age of nine, my mother met George, a man that I hate to no end. The feeling developed over time, though I tried to make a positive relationship even back then. I finally gave up on that about two years ago. When I turned the age of ten, my mother married George and they bought there own farm with horses, cattle, pigs, horses and chickens. Along with lots of plants. It was then he started to show his true colors, drinking everyday and turning violent against my mother. Once I tried to stand up to him while my sister was visiting my grandfather, only to be knocked to the floor. 
    The signs that I remember about me being a demi-god was one time I was in the girls bathroom when I started 6th grade. Some girls had been bullying me for the last few months and I lost my temper. With a violent scream the water pipe's burst, causing a flood in the bathroom as all of them ran out. Later when I was back in class, I passed out. I thought it was a freak accident, but looks like I was wrong. 
    Another time I remember being followed down the school hallways after I had stayed late for tutoring. I heard something that sounded like a snake, and when I turned back all I seen was snake like forms going into another hallway. I immediately went home. 
    When I started high-school not to long ago, I was assigned a group project in science class were the partners had to meet after school in public places to work on it. My partner was Phil, a boy I found out later was a satyr. He told me about camp and two weeks later after one of Georges other episodes, he lead me to CHB, where I was claimed almost immediately. 
    From Camp Half-Blood I wrote a note to my mother and Grand-father, explaining what had happened. I hope to actually meet back up with them someday, explaining what has happened to me more thoroughly. 

Roleplaying Example: ((Doing this in third person.)) Walking through the doors, Dallas seen her mother cooking in the kitchen as her step-father, George, was currently watching TV in the living room. "Get all of your chores done for today, dear," she asked. 
    "Yes Momma," Dallas responded, her voice sweet. Just then her Grandfather came down the stairs, walking over and enveloping her in large bear hug. 
    George huffed, taking a sip of his drink. "Good, that's less I have to do." 
    Dallas sighed as her Grandfather pressed his lips together in a fine line. "Leave the girl alone, George." 
    "Shut-up old man," George responded. 
    "You do not talk to my Grand-father that way," Dallas retorted to her step-father. Her voice was full of acid and cold as ice. George turned to glare at her as her mother was sitting dinner on the table. "Sara will be over in just a few minutes, mom." Sara had been Dallas's best friend for the last few years. She was a pretty nice person whom she shared a lot of interests with. 
    Her mother looked back up at her, eyes twinkling. "Just make sure to be back in before dark." 
    Dallas nodded taking her seat at the table. "Are you coming, G," she asked her step-father. She refused to call the man dad, and he didn't like to be call George by Dallas. Therefore, there was a comprise, resulting in her calling him "G". 
    The man grunted once again. "No. I'm not eating that crap." 
    Dallas was taken aback. He mother was a good cook. In her and her grand-fathers opinion anyway. Maybe he should go back to being a Yankee up in Chicago. Dallas shrugged her shoulders. "Suit yourself." 
    Her Grandfather laughed, causing her to smile brightly. "So how is the riding going?" 
    Dallas started picking at her bread. "Oh you know, same ol' same ol'. I learned a new trick." 
    Her grandfather nodded. "You'll have to show me sometime." Just then there was a knock on the door. Dallas hopped up out of her seat. That had to be Sara. Walking over and opening the door, she found just what she expected. Sara standing there, ready to ride there horses. 
    "Mom! Sara's here. We'll be out on the trail if you need me!" Not waiting for a response, Dallas smiled at her friend as she ran out of the door, towards the stables. 

Notes: Portrayed By Anna Christine Speckheart and Jessica Lowndes 

Last edited by Ƨlue on 4/7/2015, 1:10 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Still working on it.)
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Dallas: Daughter of Poseidon  Empty Re: Dallas: Daughter of Poseidon

Post by Shade 3/20/2015, 1:54 pm

Hey I know this isn't done but did you pay for a Poseidon kid?

Also the technology thing isn't a weakness, unless you have a valid reason it should be. Sounds more like a strength.
    I don't believe you can have a Pegasus as a pet.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/20/2015, 2:02 pm

Paying> No, I'm afraid I did not. I won a B3 child in mystery box bought from Lila. 

Technology> Sorry about that, simple mistake. 

Pegasus> I'll edit it out. 

Thanks Shade ^.^
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/23/2015, 1:07 pm

Sorry for the double post, but finished.
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 3/23/2015, 4:53 pm

Race/ethnicity: Actually the god aspect doesn't carry down in the bloodline.

Appearance: She can't be 5'6" and 105 lbs and still have "curves" Im fairly sure by those standards of weight and height she'd be underweight.

Weaknesses: That's kind of a small one, add one more perhaps a fighting/physical one?

Figured I'd give you those to start with, and I'll get back to you with more after with powers and stuff :P

HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/24/2015, 10:14 am

Edited.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 4/3/2015, 4:23 pm

* You have physical endurance listed as a weakness, but exclude sword fighting and swimming. I'll give you swimming, as water can revive a child of Poseidon, but physical endurance is physical endurance. Even if you love doing something, you're going to get tired if you have no physical endurance. Perhaps change it to being cardiovascularly fit, but relatively weak?

* Tornadoes would be more of Zeus-like powers. We only see Percy making hurricanes, which are more associated with the sea.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 4/6/2015, 11:31 am

Edited.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/6/2015, 5:40 pm

600k gallons is a LOT of water to control. We usually try to keep most everything below the hundreds range, although a child of the Big 3 would be more powerful.

Please cut it down to 1,000 gallons, which would be about 5ft by 4ft round pool(okay, more like a hot tub). Given her age and the fact that she is currently untrained, you can work on expanding her powers later in the power development area.

Let's also drop your wave height down from 30ft to 8ft. You can work on increasing that later as well.

Your power with the making the ball of water. Does it have to do with like pulling the humidity from the air? What is the cool down time for this?
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 4/7/2015, 9:53 am

Officially edited ^.^
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/7/2015, 3:30 pm

Dallas: Daughter of Poseidon  Seal-of-approval_zpsdaksgilo

Word Count: 3121. 1250 Drachmas will be awarded.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/18/2024, 7:32 pm