A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

I- I'm sorry I can't find a smart title... (open)

Gotenks

Male
    Number of posts : 814
    Registration date : 2015-03-01

I- I'm sorry I can't find a smart title... (open) Empty I- I'm sorry I can't find a smart title... (open)

Post by Gotenks 3/28/2015, 3:41 pm

Phil was out for a walk since all of his activities were done for the day. Boring ones. He still tried to adjust to this rather fascinating places, even though his time with the she-wolf Lupa had prepared him. It was a nice day, sunny, and he didn't wore anything special, just a camp t-shirt, jeans and trainers. He was really bored, even too bored to start pulling pranks, so he decided to explore a little.

And there he was standing in the crossroad between the two places he hadn't yet visited. The temple hill and New Rome. You see, Terminus wouldn't let him in the cith if he didn't have his hair perfect. But Phil didn't waste any time with this pointless process. He had the pillow-hairstyle as always. And he had also learnt that Terminus didn't like being humoured.

On the other hand, the Temple Hill seemed boring. He didn't like the idea of honouring the Gods that gifted him with his dyslexia, ADHD and -not at all- dazzling looks. He more of despised them. But it was his reality, and from the stories he had heard, they were better than the alternative.

All these thoughts went through his head, and he just stood there, undecided, tapping his hands.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

I- I'm sorry I can't find a smart title... (open) Empty Re: I- I'm sorry I can't find a smart title... (open)

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2015, 10:53 am

Spencer was coming back from New Rome, her hair done in a mass of cornrows sweeping down her shoulder blades. She was wearing a vivid blue shirt reading Don't wish for it, work for it with white bermuda shorts and running shoes, her gladius and pugio strapped at her sides. Whistling a song, she marched up towards the military camp whilst checking her phone, accidentally bumping into another guy who stood at the fork of the road.

"Whoops, my bad!" she said.
    Gotenks

Male

I- I'm sorry I can't find a smart title... (open) Empty Re: I- I'm sorry I can't find a smart title... (open)

Post by Gotenks 4/1/2015, 11:26 am

Sitting there, still doing nothing, he was about to say "F- it I'm going for a bath" when somepony bumped into him. Before he turned he heard her apologize. Oh great, a girl, he thought. He never liked them, their eyes always seem to examine and judge him which only made him nervous and uncomfortable.

He turned to see her. The thing that caught his attention was the probatio plate (Editor's note: Best term I could recall, not sure if correct). He smiled. She was on the "loser's squad", as he himself labelled it, too.

Before taking her apologize, he made sure he would actually sound confident. "Apologie accepted." His voice didn't falter him, cool. "Probatio too, huh?" He wouldn't attempt read her name, he didn't cope well with his dyslexia.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2015, 11:33 am

"Oh you too?" Spencer asked with a grin. "Great, I'm not alone!"

She fished her probatio tablet from around her neck and let the lead plate dangle at her finger. "What's your name? Sorry rude of me, but I'm new and I don't know everypony yet."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/1/2015, 11:44 am

He grinned. Not that examining as others. That made things easier. He tapped on his tablet, repeatedly.

"Phil Webb. Son of Mercury, proud not-full member of the legion for 2 days." he said with a grin. "Yourself?"

OOC: Short af
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2015, 11:54 am

"Son of Mercury eh? Better watch my pocket," she said with a grin before giving him a friendly nudge in the side. "Just kidding," the athlete girl added. "I'm Spencer Ramsay, probatio in the First, daughter of Fortuna and granddaughter of Victoria. Where you headed?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/1/2015, 12:17 pm

When she made the gotta-be-careful-cause-you'll steal me comment his smile faded for a while. Then of course it was true, but that didn't mean she had the right to say it. Especially since she didn't know him. It just made him WANT to steal from her. He though kept his cool.

"Fortuna AND Victoria? So you're antagonistic AND lucky? Interesting..." he said with a grin, partly checking her out -and by that I mean her pockets.

"Oh well, I was divided on where to go. Probably gonna make Terminus angry again. It's fun messing with a Celestia..." he said and pointed to his blissfully messy hair. "Yourself?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2015, 1:08 pm

"I could make you find a 50 bucks bank note on the pavement or get an F in your last science test," she said with a toothy grin. "I usually don't curse people with bad luck, except if they really piss me off like I don't know, toss my stuff into the Little Tiber or something." The girl shifted her weight from one leg to the next, her trained muscles rolling under her coffee-black skin. "I just came back from New Rome," she said, "had a frappuccino with my dad."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/1/2015, 3:41 pm

He came a bit closer to her. "I don't need you to get an F in Science, dear." He flashed a toothy smile at her, and with a rapid move got his hand at her pocket. Bingo! Ipod! Technology! Of course he wouldn't keep it. Just long enough to show off his... talents.

He pointed towards the hill. "Then I will have to ask you to accompany me for some hiking." He said. He felt stupid with all his behaviour towards her, acting that confident. In truth, he was annoyed a little. He didn't know why. Something about her was irritating him. Maybe the fact that he hadn't found any negatives in her, why he could find plenty on himself.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/1/2015, 4:22 pm

Spencer returned his smile then followed the direction of his finger. "Hiking? Sure thing." She was always up for physical exercise, even at 3 in the morning. "These mountains look dangerous indeed," she added with a playfully deep voice. "I hope you have packed a fortnight's food provision."

OOC: I made her not notice the theft on purpose. I mean c'mon. Mercury kid.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/1/2015, 4:31 pm

OOC: If she realised I would have killed somepony (I typed it this time xD

She didn't notice, as expected. He realised it he would like to keep it on with the ipod thing. When she accepted to hike along he didn't even make a joke. Just started marching uphill.

"I don't need provision. I can steal some." he said with a dead serious looke, though with a playful tone of voice. Then he did some thinking. "Wait a minute. You said Ramsay before. Why does it sound familiar?"

He couldn't place the name but he had definitely heard it. Plus, discussing would delay her realization.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2015, 8:21 am

Ramsay was somewhere a common name but she was happy he had picked up on it -- nearly no-one picked up on it.

"My dad is Stan Ramsay? You know, the athlete guy who does sprints and relays and stuff."

She climbed up the hill with him, the weather hot and sunny. She didn't even miss Albuquerque, everything here was just too exciting and thrilling -- I mean c'mon. You got the choice between maths homework and doing gladiator fights, what would you choose, seriously.

"Where are you from?" she asked with a frank smile.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/2/2015, 8:36 am

He beamed when he heard, because he remembered. The guy was good. Really good.

"Yeah, that's it. Knew I'd heard it. He's legitimately a physical beast. Remind me not to bet against you, or race you for that matter." he said a sly smile appearing on his face, even though he tried to sound serious.

"Different places. Never stayed anywhere too long. But I originate from DC." he said, averting his look there.

He had Spencer's Ipod in his pocket, and he started toying with it,, to suppress his ADHD. Even though he was excersising.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2015, 1:09 pm

"Yeah he is a beast -- I mean c'mon, he's the son of Victoria. Winning is in his genes." She grinned and rose her eyebrows. "And in mine."

She kept walking next to him, the temples atop the hill getting bigger with each few steps. A son of Mercury traveling around? Well that wasn't too strange, not even to mention the fact it was safest for demigods to be on the move. Made them less likely to attract monsters.

"DC? Niiiice. I'm from Albuquerque, New Mexico," she said.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/2/2015, 1:20 pm

"As I said, ain't gonna race you. No worries. I would probably end up tripping every step... that's if I ever got the lead against you." he said with a grin. "You basically can't lose at anything."

"Alas, my family has some fame too. And specific talents. Armed roberries, for instance." he said and got her ipod out of his pocket and showed it too her. "I figured this is yours. It... fell down and I picked it up." he said, getting his kinda moment of glory and feeding his ego .

The closer they were getting to the top of the hill, the most impressive the temples seemed. Why such a deal though?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2015, 1:33 pm

Spencer grinned. "Nope, I can't lose anyth-- hey!!" She snatched her iPod back and gave him a playful eyeroll. "Fell down, my podex. You Mercury kids really have a knack for this, don't you."

Wrapping her headphones around the iPod she walked up the hill, passing the shrines in construction. On the very top of the hill, the temple to Jupiter Optimus Maximus shone like a pearl under the sunlight, marbles and golden decorations gleaming up. It took her breath away every time. She wondered what it was like to be the child of Jupiter -- wouldn't it be amazing? Creating lightning bolts, assembling storms, being the most powerful demigod in the Legion? Everyone would fear and respect you. No-one would question your authority. People would value your words, your opinions, seek you out for advice... Not to mention how powerful you must feel all the time...
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/2/2015, 1:44 pm

"Nah, I got most of it from my mom." he said with a wink. Then he turned and saw the first temple. It clearly belonged to Jupiter. Strongest God, blah, blah, blah. Right. At least his kids weren't treated like thieves -again of course he was one.

"Besides, I am just an innocent kid." And an excellent deceiver, he thought. Of course he didn't try to fool her or anything. His tone made it obvious he was kidding.

"So, if you'd give me like, bad or good luck now, would you decide what would happen to me too?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2015, 4:57 pm

She liked his overall attitude, the snarky jokes, etc. "No, I don't, it's kind of random," Spencer explained. "All I do is induce good luck into you and generally in the next few minutes, something good happens."

They passed the temple to Bellona, then the one to Pluto, with the bones on the roof and th-- wait, did those bones glitter? It looked like they did. Oh, wait! Those were little gems.
    ...Who the heck had put 118 carat diamonds up there?
    But there again the shrines to the gods were huge and just happened to include riches; the temple to Jupiter alone looked like it had more gold than Fort Knox.

"What are your powers, by the way?" she asked, genuinely curious.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/3/2015, 12:37 am

He nodded. Interesting powers she had. And he found that he could keep on a discussion easily, unlike with most girls he happened to know.

The other two temples they passed by were Pluto's and Bellona's -not in that order. Why would they have a Bellona temple? Probably because Reyna was praetor. Then in the Pluto temple, oh my freaking god the diamonds! If he didn't know he would get killed for disrespect to the Gods he would have gotten some.

When she asked him about his powers, he shrugged. "Don't have anything special. I've just inherited a talent in stealing really. And judging from here, 99.9% of Mercury kids have it."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/3/2015, 4:53 am

"I heard some Mercury kids could run really fast," Spencer said, putting her hands into her pockets. "Okay maybe not Flash-fast but still pretty darn fast."

She tried to picture what it would be like to run at top speed like that, have the ground sizzle away under you. Leave cars behind. Dash from one point to another so fast people wouldn't even see you. How good that must feel.. She was kind of jealous, then remembered her own powers. Sure she couldn't run in a blur or steal stuff from people without them noticing, but she could control luck and victory. To an extent, of course, but still.

They arrived in front of the temple to Mars Ultor.

"Brrr," Spencer shivered. "Are those real skulls?"

The temple to Pluto had been okay but here the skulls on the roof and in the porch still looked smeared and splattered with blood.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/3/2015, 5:48 am

"Oh well, I'm normal person fast. The other kids get the cool powers." he said, failing to hide the bitterness in his voice.

While his talents were illegal, she could manipulate luck and victory, affecting a person's own fate in a way. Man, if he had that! Probably though it was better he didn't. He would just torture everyone in his sight. No bueno.

He whistled appreciatively in front of the Mars temple. "Dunno if they're real, but this temple is impressive. Not sure if it's a good impressive, but impressive nonetheless."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/3/2015, 5:56 am

Spencer took her bag from her shoulder, rummaged in it for a second before taking out some fruits and a chocolate donut. Normally she wasn't exactly a shy person but this temple alone made her all weak in the knees, it intimidated the heck out of her. Taking a deep breath, the daughter of Fortuna tentatively made her way through the porch into the shrine.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/3/2015, 6:04 am

Phil smiled when she went in to make an offering, as if the idea amused him. Of course she would honour the Gods, she was gifted by them. Besides, Mars seemed fairly violent and would get angry with no offers. He decided he would take the risk anyway.

"Tell me, why do you bother? I mean, you oversaw the other temples. Don't want my first bud here to start getting hit by lightnings." he said with a smug grin on his face.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/3/2015, 6:12 am

The inside of the shrine was blood red, weapons supporting the red marble altar decorated with two skulls and crimson candles; spears and swords and shields and daggers. A statue of Mars in full battle gear walking on limp marble bodies stood in the middle of the room. Spencer walked to the brazier in front of it and dropped the food into the hot fire -- hopefully Mars Ultor liked chocolate donuts. Orange sparks sprayed up as the flames consumed her offerings and she stood there for a moment watching the food burn to ashes, the blaze making a game of lights and shadows dance on her skin.

Coming back out, she met Phil's gaze and bit her dark lip. "I wanted to honor Mars and Jupiter first," she said. "That and...I don't have a lot of food." Would she get in trouble for this? Would Bellona and Pluto hate on her and curse her? She should've bought more donuts.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 4/3/2015, 6:32 am

He smiled. "I'm toying with you. Don't think they're gonna do anything." What would they? She came there to honour the Gods after all. He was the one who whouldn't make an offer. If someone needed to worry, it was him. But he wouldn't offer.

"As a graecus, that actually didn't suck, once said: It's better offering little to the Gods, so that we keep making offerings to them. Think you get the meaning."

He actually searched in his pockets if there was something edible. Nothing. Too bad. He would have given it to her to add on to her offerings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 8:53 pm