A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

romp in the forest ft mc mars [private]

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

romp in the forest ft mc mars [private] Empty romp in the forest ft mc mars [private]

Post by Kendall 4/24/2015, 5:26 pm

It wasn't too bad out at all -- nice cool day with a warm breeze, definitely spring weather instead of the hot, humid summer days Mr. D liked so much. As long as this daughter of Ares wasn't sweating buckets or freezing her fingers off, she was fine with any type of weather. Which probably wasn't a very large range, anyway.

Almost no type of weather could deter Kendall from her afternoon jog, so there she was: sweating buckets anyway in her tank top and shorts, with Mars the boar drifting along behind her on the forest path as he snuffled at leaves, pawing at them before snorting and scuttling after the daughter of Ares as she ran. Her earbuds, long dead from brothers trying to wrestle with her, had left her music-less for the past month and forced to hear her own harsh breathing and the rustling of the leaves overhead and underfoot. It was a slow pace, but she had done other training after breakfast which wasn't helping her much.

And the other thing: Ken's allergy meds were making her sort of sleepy. Note to self: Don't trust Nelly's opinion on allergy meds. Girl's always hyped up on coffee. She had woken up today with a congested nose that bothered her so much she had went over to ask an Apollo healer at the infirmary for allergy medicine (non-prescription, of course). Bad, bad choice. She had almost fallen face-first into her eggs during breakfast.

Huffing, she began to slow down as Zeus' Fist came into view; she had probably come in from the good angle that didn't make it look like deer crap. Ha. Turning her head slightly to see where Mars was, she called out gently to him: "Hey, buddy. You wanna take a break?"

No answer. The boar was trying to burrow into a pile of dead leaves, sending up clumps of dirt as Kendall watched, hands on her hips.

[ooc: ha i'm so rusty sorry for the weird beginning]

AllisonFerren
    AllisonFerren

Female
    Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2015-04-20

romp in the forest ft mc mars [private] Empty Re: romp in the forest ft mc mars [private]

Post by AllisonFerren 4/24/2015, 5:48 pm

[ooc: No problem ^.^]

Allison was sitting behind Zeus's fist when she heard someone coming up behind her. She stood up with a hand on one of her daggers. Not a lot of people came here so she usually came here to read without being disturbed. She brushed off her dark teal jeans and her Camp Half-Blood tee shirt. She hated doing laundry, they really should put more benches over here so her clothes wouldn't get dirty. She took her hand off the dagger and glanced down at her bag. A few books were escaping the opening.

She took a few steps around the fist statue, toward the other girl. She opened her mouth but didn't say anything. She took a couple steps closer, her flats not making much or any noise. She moved her long bangs behind her ear and bit her lip slightly.

Allison tried again. "Hi." she said softly.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

romp in the forest ft mc mars [private] Empty Re: romp in the forest ft mc mars [private]

Post by Kendall 4/24/2015, 6:00 pm

For a good, long moment, Ken had been too distracted by Mars' scuffling and her own rapidly-beating heart to notice the girl on the other side of Zeus' Fist creeping up behind them; really, the only reason she had noticed at all was because the boar had paused, snuffed at the air, and faced his best friend to squeal and scuttle off after a momentary gaze -- prompting her to turn around and finally notice the other girl.

She wasn't very tall and didn't seem much to be like an athletic type. Wearing rather fashionable teal jeans and the classic camp t-shirt. Definitely not one of her younger siblings, anyway, so Kendall couldn't fathom why she'd even try to bother to remember the girl's name -- if she knew it at all. Squinting at her, the daughter of Ares turned to face her fully as Mars frolicked in a patch of grass nearby, grunting with approval as he squirmed in the dirt. "Oh, well. Howdy stranger. What might you be doing here alone in the forest?"
    AllisonFerren
    AllisonFerren

Female

Post by AllisonFerren 4/24/2015, 6:11 pm

"I was about to ask you the same thing." She looked her up and down, noticing her soaked clothing. "But it seems a little obvious..." She hadn't seen this girl before but then again, how could she have. It's not like she socializes a lot. She normally spends her time reading of with her "siblings". Her eyes went down to the Boar and she smiled.

"What's it's name?" She took a few steps closer. Her head tilted and she looked back up to the taller girl. She was a intimidating but right now didn't seem much of a threat. She kept her lips pursed together, her eyes searching for any danger. She glanced behind her quickly then back to the boar.

[ooc: sorry kinda short. I tried lol]
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 4/24/2015, 6:31 pm

"Oh, him? That's Mars -- he's, like, four years old. Real sweetheart if you let him run around and roll in everything -- not so much if you wake up him during a nap." Sort of like a cat, really, but a lot less furry and much heavier than any she had ever seen. Ken was scratching at a scab on her chin now as she watched Mars pick himself up and come prancing over to her again, trying to settle down on top of her shoes. No dice: he was too big and she didn't want her feet to go numb, so she just sort of shuffled back a bit to avoid the full brunt of his weight.

Looking at the other girl out of the corner of her eye, Kendall asked her as she reached for the water bottle at her waist: "And you -- what's your name? Bit weird to introduce my pet boar before me, but whatever. He's infinitely cuter." She frowned a second before continuing, unscrewing the cap as Mars lifted his head to grunt up at her: "I'm Kendall from the Ares cabin, cheese enthusiast, aged 18 or thereabouts. That's my life story right there."
    AllisonFerren
    AllisonFerren

Female

Post by AllisonFerren 4/24/2015, 6:56 pm

Allison looked down and smiled. "Oh, I'm sure there is more about you. Nice to meet you Kendall." She looked up at the girl. "I'm Allison from the Aphrodite cabin, book enthusiast, aged 16." She looked at the boar. "Nice to meet you too Mars." She smiled and looked back up to Kendall. "I was just reading." She looked back at Zeus's fist and noticed her book bag still on the ground. She would probably have to clean out the dirt from the pages, she shouldn't have left it on the ground.

She looked back to Kendall and Mars and stood there awkwardly. "So," her right hand slid up her left arm, grabbing it. She smiled. "Do you jog often? wait that was a stupid question. uh." She looked away, confused on what to say.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 4/25/2015, 2:29 pm

Stupid question? She'd heard worse, honestly -- her favorite, from a fifteen year old unclaimed boy, was "Is Philadelphia a state?" Maybe it was something he blurted out; maybe he had just woken up or hit his head or something. But whatever it was, Ken still couldn't help but laugh at the memory even if it had happened a year ago.

"Oh, no, you're fine. I jog every day if I can, 'round the afternoon -- beats running with my siblings by miles." Kendall's eyes wandered for a moment to a bag on the ground, with several books sticking out into the dirt surrounding Zeus' Fist. A reader, huh? She wasn't much of a reader herself thanks to her dyslexia, but sometimes it was better to unwind that way than by beating up a punching bag at the wrestling arena. History books were more her style, if she had any at all. "What kinda books do you like?"
    AllisonFerren
    AllisonFerren

Female

Post by AllisonFerren 4/25/2015, 2:44 pm

"Fiction." She answered bluntly. She smiled. "You?" Allison looked Kendall over again, she didn't look like much of a reader but then again, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. She smiled. "My father writes books for me sometimes when I get bored and have nothing to read. He's not very good at it but he publishes them anyway." Before she came to Camp Half-Blood, she never thought of her father as a writer, much less a father. For that one year, he stuck himself in his study, barley seeing his daughter. Instead, she had her old fashion, strict grandmother to tell her what to do. After that she got sick of non-fiction or anything that could teach her how to be a good woman. She cringed.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 4/25/2015, 3:42 pm

"Fiction?" Pretty general. Kendall tried again after taking a sip of water as Mars began to softly snore on her feet: "What genre? Fantasy? Whatever else there is?" Aah, yes. She was definitely a shining example of literary knowledge. All her Athena friends would be proud of her for her wonderful mind.

"Sounds pretty cool, having a dad write stuff for you. Mine just beats people up and sends us pointy things." She half-shrugged and closed up her water bottle, hanging it back on her waist belt thing. Mars grunted and shifted, laying on his side on top of her toes now; she couldn't wiggle them. Why was he so heavy? He used to be such a cute little thing, too, that not even her siblings found the heart to try mocking her for cuddling with him.
    AllisonFerren
    AllisonFerren

Female

Post by AllisonFerren 4/26/2015, 1:46 pm

Allison nodded. "Normally Fantasy, but I also read Sci-fi sometimes." She smiled. She read a lot more than her sisters and sometimes wondered if Aphrodite was really her mother instead of Athena. She wasn't that smart though. She chuckled to herself and focused her attention back on Kendall. "It is, although it takes a lot of his time and I believe he should be focusing on his social life." She smiled when she commented about her father. "I understand. I haven't ever been contacted from my mother. I heard it was normal around here though so I don't feel too bad about it." She shrugged her shoulders and looked down. Some of her blonde hair escaped from behind her ear.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/1/2015, 4:11 pm

[ooc: Urgh, sorry for the late post. was busy w/ school.]

Sci-fi, fantasy, they were all the same to Ken: blocks of text about stuff she didn't understand or really want to, characters she didn't care for or thought of as really intelligent, whatever. But she only nodded politely as the girl went on about her father, his writing, and she thought to herself what a dandy life this girl must have had with him. Unlike Kendall and Ares, who probably wouldn't get along for very long if they were stuck in a conversation together. She was much more pacifistic and level-headed, less prone to anger fits or to massive training sessions than her siblings and father -- which was probably bad in the long-run, but Ken couldn't find it in herself to reason that a full five to seven hours lifting weights, practicing formations or weapon techniques, and other exercises was really necessary.

"Well, you know, there are Olympus visits every solstice -- you could probably see Aphrodite there?" the daughter of Ares suggested to her, shrugging slightly. "If you want to go, that is. I've never gone to see my dad, heard he's a total ass."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 4:22 am