A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

"i break my sword a lot." "yes, you do."

Jase
    Jase

Male
    Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2015-04-03

"i break my sword a lot." "yes, you do." Empty "i break my sword a lot." "yes, you do."

Post by Jase 5/2/2015, 7:51 am

"i break my sword a lot." "yes, you do." Tumblr_nnkfumpfMP1tf4jw9o1_500
    carter dehaan - sixteen - apollo
    the first thing carter ends up realizing when he wakes up is that his sword is broken. again. it's not exactly a surprise. it's kind of been this running gag in the apollo cabin, where every time carter breaks his sword, everyone starts breaking into a dance number to a song they specially wrote just for him - 'the swords aren't alright'. he barely even uses his sword, but brent is always nagging, like, "you need to be more versatile! how would you fight close range?" and everytime he does use his sword, he ends up breaking it. he doesn't even know how. he sighs as he crawls out of bed, making his way to the showers, where he gets a quick shower for five minutes, fixes up his hair for another five minutes, brushes his teeth and slips out of his pajamas into a light, cotton grey tee and a pair of denim shorts that cut right above his knee. he slips on a pair of red vans sneakers, grabs his broken sword and makes his way to cabin nine. "here goes nothing," he mutters, knowing that the cabin nine kids are probably going to stare at him, like, "again?, as he raises his fist to the door and knocks twice. "hi," he says," "it's carter, from cabin seven. anybody in there?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

"i break my sword a lot." "yes, you do." Empty Re: "i break my sword a lot." "yes, you do."

Post by Morgan Landry 5/2/2015, 11:46 am

Sawyer turned around and gave the guy a quick look. Carter, cabin 7, sword broke in two. "Wow mate, what happened now?" she asked in her deep voice, raising her bushy eyebrows and giving a small smirk. The daughter of Hephaestus pushed her goggles up and kicked herself away from her workbench, letting the wheeled chair roll over to where Carter was standing at. She took the sword from him and held it up, examining it under different angles before giving a small whistle. "That's pretty nasty. I have to reforge it -- unless you want me to make a new one from scratch, might be better." Sawyer took a sip of her soda through the straw and let her gloved finger follow the edge of the blade. Her white muscle shirt was stretching over her bulging abs, her plaid jacket following the shape of her biceps. Her greasy hair, full of motor oil, was bound up into a high ponytail and held back by her U.S. Army bandanna, her knee-long denim shorts stained and dirty even though she had been in the forge for only an hour.
    Jase
    Jase

Male

"i break my sword a lot." "yes, you do." Empty Re: "i break my sword a lot." "yes, you do."

Post by Jase 5/2/2015, 10:42 pm

"it's a long story," he says, as he steps inside. he glances around and, wow, it's hot in there. he seriously has no idea how the hephaestus kids stand the heat, and this is coming from a son of apollo, god of the sun. "i really don't mind if you reforge it or start one from scratch. anything that suits your convenience," he continues, running a hand through his dark hair. he turns around, surveying the room and the many inventions sprawled across the work tables, the - somewhat dangerous - tools placed on random shelves, and he wonders what it'd be like if he was a hephaestus kid instead. it's an odd thought, and he lets it slip into the back of his mind. broken sword now, contemplating alternative universes later.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/3/2015, 6:51 am

Sawyer wiped the sweat from her forehead and put her soda in one of the mechanical cup-holders.

"I'll do one from scratch," she said and placed the broken sword into a large bucket labelled Scrap. "Anything special you want? Like, something you'd like it to turn into, or if you want it to return to you if you lose it, some kind of spell or special deco?" Sawyer was against decoration on weapons; weapons were made to kill and to be practical, not to look pretty, that was what ceremonial blades were for. For real battle, she much rather preferred her large ax than a pretty scythe with a serrated edge for that special "demonic goth" look. In her opinion, if you care about what your weapon looks like, you're doing something wrong. Sure, nothing bad about a special pommel shape, but no need to overdo everything. Still, she asked out of politeness; if he wanted something additional, she'd do it.
    Jase
    Jase

Male

Post by Jase 5/3/2015, 7:10 am

"nah," he says, moving over to a work table with an oodly interesting item - he's guessing it's an invention of some sort - placed on it, along with a bunch of machine parts. "i barely use that thing, which is why i can afford to get it broken like, every week. it's just - i suck at sword-fighting, y'know? plus, i don't think i wanna give you any extra work. i owe you guys a lot, coming in here all the time to fix that damn thing. sorry about that, by the way," he says, spinning around, his attention now focused on surveying the room yet again. "i imagine you have lots of other cool things to build. seriously, you hephaestus kids come up with the craziest inventions," he says, his pale, blue eyes darting around the room. by crazy, he means the good kind of crazy. the hephaestus kids were awesome, in his opinion. they were underrated. he'd take them over the ares kids any day.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/3/2015, 8:51 pm

"Why d'you bother with a sword then?" Sawyer asked. "I mean yeah, short range weapon, but you could also go for a knife or a dagger."

She went to get bronze ingots from another bucket and weighed them in her hands. "Or you could go for a hammer or an ax of some kind." The Brazilian girl went in her head through the different shapes and sizes for the weapons, according to Carter's height and stature. "And yeah I have some projects but something classical is always nice."
    Jase
    Jase

Male

Post by Jase 5/4/2015, 8:29 am

"i'm only good with a throwing knife. other than that, everything else works just as bad for me. so i go with the 'classic', i guess," he walks over to a table, where there's a bunch of weapons strewn across it. he runs his finger through the flat end of a blade, and it's so shiny he can practically see his reflection in it. he lifts the sword up, hefting it with his left hand. it doesn't feel right for his arm - like it's too heavy. he places it back onto the table and walks towards where the girl. "i don't think i caught your name, by the way."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/6/2015, 7:26 am

"Sawyer," she replied, her voice thick with Texas accent. "Don't need to ask you yours, everyone knows the Apollo guys."

They weren't that difficult to spot, really; everyone in cabin seven has cool hair and hangs out with lyres, guitars or basket balls.
    She looked at the bronze ingots, thinking a bit before grabbing one more. "I could make you a sword that also turns into a knife," she mused, "and comes back to your pocket after a set amount of seconds. That way you got long range and short range covered." It was her job to do her best for her fellow demigods; your survival kind of depended on your weapons too and if your weapons aren't good or well-suited for you, you're out.
    Jase
    Jase

Male

Post by Jase 5/8/2015, 4:50 am

carter raises his eyebrow, when she says that she doesn't have to ask for his. he doesn't figure that he's that popular around camp. sure, he gets a few, 'hi's and 'hey's around camp from people he's never really met, but he doesn't think that he's gotten enough of a reputation for random hephaestus kids to know him by name. he shrugs it off, though. maybe he's just gotten a reputation around cabin nine for coming in with a broken sword a little too much. and when sawyer says that she can make a sword than also turns into a knife, he's snapped right out of his thoughts. "you can do that?" he blurts out, but then he realizes what a dumb question that is. "no, wait, of course you can. you children of hephaestus are freaking amazing."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/8/2015, 1:46 pm

"Tis nothing bruv," Sawyer told Carter with a grin and went to put the ingots into the celestial bronze oven, regulating the heat to Mount Etna. Then she took a large piece of cardboard, a pen, and started sketching the sword. She made it a classical xiphos with a leaf-shaped blade, a midrib and double edges; Sawyer looked from the design to Carter then back at her drawing and frowned. "Can you toss a knife at that pillar over there?" she asked him. "Just so I can see your style and make a good knife."
    Jase
    Jase

Male

Post by Jase 5/9/2015, 12:24 am

"sure," he says, walking over to the table, where the several weapons were laid out on. he picks up a simple celestial bronze throwing knife and turns towards the pillar. he lifts the throwing knife up, and gets into position - his left leg behind his right, as he leans his body back a little. with the knife in hand and aimed towards the pillar, he swings his arm back, and then forward, releasing the knife and shifting his weight from his left foot to his right foot, sending the knife sailing towards the pillar with force and speed. the knife embeds itself into the pillar, and carter then walks over to it and pulls it out.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2015, 7:25 am

Sawyer kept sketching with pencil and markers before taking the ingots out of the oven with special tongs. She pounded them both into shape with the power hammer, protecting her eyes behind her goggles, then quenched it in special cabin #9 made oil, which was mixed with Lethe water. One was long and leaf-bladed, the other was short -- both still shabby in design but she'd work on the details later. First, heat-treating oven.

"It'll last a bit," Sawyer told Carter, wiping her large hands on her shorts. "I'll bring it over when it's ready, or have one of my robots do it."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 7:17 pm