A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

I See Fire

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

I See Fire Empty I See Fire

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/6/2015, 7:49 pm

Kristiana, Fell and Larka all walked into the Fire Pit are of camp and sat as close to the burning wood as they could get without being too warm.We need to do something Fell said as he annoyingly rolled on the ground.There's nothing to do The jet black wolf complained. With a small laugh, Kristy rubbed behind his ears.Be patient Fell. You know we do what we have to, plus Artemis would not be happy with us causing mischief. With her arm bands and outfit looking very huntress-like she had decided on even letting her red-ginger hair flow like it naturally did.Besides, we can always practice hunting each other. Larka teased her brother as she playfully hit hit nose. The two wolves got up and began to bound around the fire pit. Creo flew in and sat on a log next to Kristiana as they watched the two siblings bicker. It was nice seeing them get along but it made Kritsy feel lonely, not really knowing anyone and not having any siblings due to her not meeting them since she was a hunter.

Last edited by nerissaterzi on 5/13/2015, 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

I See Fire Empty Re: I See Fire

Post by Morgan Landry 5/7/2015, 8:35 am

The undergrowth cracked softly under Aria's feet as she headed out of the forest, having just completed her nightly guard duty. Wind slipped gently through the leaves, brushing through her hair coldly and sharpening her senses. She could taste the rich earth, the softness of moss and the sweetness of tree sap in just one breath, letting it coat her mouth like a drink.. just mingled with the faintest musk of a nearby wild animal, a kind of deer. There was of course the much stronger scent of blood and fur and fangs of Nymeria right next to her, the bulky she-wolf pacing a couple of meters to her right, her raised head on the same level as her own.

Finally Aria made it out of the forest and into the glade they had set up camp at, the silvery tents glistening eerily like rippling silk. In their middle, she could hear and feel the crackling and popping of fire and made her way towards it silently. Two wolves were playing with each other and Aria recognized Fell and Larka; Nymeria twitched her ears. Aria walked closer, the orange glow of the flames flickering and dancing across her small athletic frame, casting her in a game of lights and shadows.
    In front of the fire sat the red-haired silhouette of Kristiana, her hunting falcon sitting next to her. Nymeria brushed against Aria as she went to curl up in front of the fire, her massive head on her paws.

"Evening," Aria smiled at Kritsy, walking to stand next to her she-wolf. She was dressed in silvery camouflage trousers, a cold white shirt and dark archery gloves, her black and white hair cut into a choppy bob above her shoulders.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/7/2015, 9:34 am

Kristy stiffened when she felt something brush against her. Realizing it was Aria's wolf she relaxed and began stroking Creo's feathers. She didn't rely know Aria as a person but overall she had heard about her from other hunters. She had been a hunter for about 120 years of her life and not once had she ever really talked to others. As Aria spike Kristiana nodded and watched as Larka and Fell went to sit next to Nymeria by the fire. The siblings didn't have a mother growing up so they looked up to the larger she-wolf as one.

Evening, Aria. She said in her soft voice as Creo ruffled his feathers and began grooming himself after a long day of flying and practicing with Kristy. Taking the poker, the huntress tended to the fire and watched it flicker over the wolves.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2015, 2:23 pm

"You're up late. Everything alright?" the daughter of Zeus asked, squatting down in front of the fire. Warmth flickered across her skin and she closed her eyes for a brief moment, breathing in the hot scent of ashes, smoke, and burning wood. The fire crackled and popped, logs crashing down softly onto the glowing embers, shimmering orange sparks drifting upwards into the dark sky... Everything around was quiet, everything but the fire and the beings around it.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2015, 2:46 pm

Kristy shrugged and went about her usual petting of Creo and smoothing his feathers.Couldn't sleep really. Fell was complaining about being bored so I brought everyone to the fire pit. She explained before pulling one of her daggers from her belt and tossing it in the air then catching it by the handle. Practicing for a hundred plus years has helped her trust the tossing of sharp things and not worrying about their deadly side. Creo ruffled his feathers again then bowed to the two hunters before flying off in the night to catch some sleep before hunting the next day.

Larka stirred a little then got up and walked over to Kristy looking a little sad in her eyes. The hunter slid onto the ground and used the log as a back rest while the white wolf laid down on the ground again and set her head in Kristy's lap. The two were as close as a wolf and human could get. Larka was Kristy's first wolf and they knew each other best, Fell didn't come around until Kristiana swore herself to Artemis. The same scenario went for Creo.Why are you up? The red haired girl asked as she pet Larka's head as the she-wolf began to slowly fall asleep.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2015, 6:44 pm

"I had guard duty," Aria explained. "Scouted the woods, made sure nothing lurked around."

She stood up and briefly disappeared into the tent she shared with Sera before coming back out, holding a pack of sausages and roasting spits.

"Hungry?" she asked Kristy, sitting back down on the ground cross-legged while Nymeria sniffed the sausages with interest. Skewering two sausages on a spit, she held it over the fire, watching the meat slowly grow golden with patches of brown. The smell made her mouth water.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/10/2015, 6:50 pm

Kristiana shook her head but saw Fell creep to the food and steal a few links before giving one to his sister.Looks like someone sure is though. Besides, I prefer sea food and already ate when I was in the woods with Fell, Larka and Creo. Smiled the daughter of Apollo. Watching the small sausages turn from pink to a darker cooked color was odd to her. The fact that fire could make something gross taste so delicious was one of the things Kristy loved but didn't want to know how.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/11/2015, 9:16 am

It didn't last long for the sausages to turn amber-brown and juicy, and Aria took them from the fire, giving one to Nym while eating her own right off the skewer. A light breeze swept through her short choppy hair as she sat close to the fire, the flames casting the front of her body in cozy warmth. Her gaze lingered on the rustling treetops and she realized that most of these trees were probably younger than her... a strange thought, which once again made her feel how old she truly was.

"Do you ever miss... your time?" Aria asked after several moments of silence, eating her sausage slowly and with poise.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/11/2015, 10:18 am

Kristiana shrugged. She didn't particularly like the time she was born in so she hardly missed the time itself. She sure as hades didn't miss the clothing. The people yes, the rest I sure don't. She explained as Fell stood and sauntered to the other side of Kristy before laying down and resting his head on his paws. He wasn't the nicest wolf to most but to Kristy he was a softie.

At the clouds parted away from the sky a full moon flooded the campground with light. These nights were some of the best for sitting around a fire. A cool, soft breeze and furry friends along with one or two hunters made these nights the best for just hanging out and being friendly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/11/2015, 4:02 pm

Aria put some more sausages on the skewer and held it over the fire. Kristy had joined the Hunt in the early 1900s, a bit before the First World War broke out. Society hadn't been very equal but there again, neither had it been in Aria's epoch. The daughter of Zeus stared into the fire, trying to remember the faces of her close family but all she saw were either the drawings she had made of them or vague blurs of movement, a wave, a word, the way her mother had looked in her favorite blue silk dress, the big marble staircase in their castle of Wales, the time Susanna had been a tattletale about Aria stealing some apple cream pie in the kitchens... She remembered that one particularly well because their mother had closed her eyes on it, after which Susanna had - out of spite -  cut all the ribbons off Aria's yellow ball dress. Mother had been furious, and so had been Aria.... back then. Gods what a spoiled, shallow brat she had been.
    It's burning, Nymeria said in her head.
    Aria snapped back to the present and saw that the first sausage was almost black; hastily taking it off the fire, she let them cool down a bit before sharing again with Lady Nym.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 5/13/2015, 5:46 pm

Kristiana saw Arian get lost in thought and Fell begged his hunter to let him steal the girls sausage from the stick it was on. After a decline followed by much complaining Arian snapped back to the present and saved the sausage. Kristy, giving a soft laugh, sat up straight so the log behind her was at the small of her back.Do you mind if i ask why you joined the hunt in the first place? It's not something many girls would want to do. How old are you anyway? She asked curious about one of her fellow sisters whom she knew nothing about. Then again, she didn't really know much about anything regarding her siblings both at camp and in the hunt.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/18/2015, 11:02 am

"I don't really count my years," Aria said, chewing on her sausage. "I was born in 1690." Looking at the fire, she thought about Miami, a couple of months ago, when she had been on a hunt with Em; she had told her the story of how she joined too, but for different reasons.

"Basically, I was running away," she explained. "Daughter of a count, I had to marry. I didn't want to; I was young and stupid and in love with another boy, and rode away on one of my stepfather's horses with stolen boy clothes. Which was quite something for me, you have to bear in mind I was a spoiled little brat and my only concerns until then had been which way to curl my hair and which jewel was the prettiest. Anyway, I rode for miles and miles, slept in dirty inns and on the road sides, monsters attacking me almost every three or four hours. I swear Hera set them up to it, she always hated me and my siblings. One of my brothers got blinded by a cuckoo once, and one of my sisters died when a cow threw her over and stepped on her. In any case, the last wave of monsters were a group of Laistrygonian giants. They cornered me in a clearing. I was so tired I could barely hold my sword up. That's when they came," Aria nodded at the silvery tents around. "In three minutes, there was nothing but me, them and a lot of monster dust in that clearing. They set up camp, gave me food and beverages, and let me stay with them. Of course, they asked me to join -- I refused the first time because I still had my head full of thoughts for my beloved. But overnight, I thought about it. I had three options: go back, marry the lord, and live the rest of my life under his orders, obeying him, bearing him children, though the upside was that I'd get to attend the wealthiest parties and would always have silk dresses and glittering jewels. I could also go forth, try to live with my beloved though it was rather unsure. But in both of those cases, what truly awaited me? I would live. I would have ups and downs, I would have what any person had, granted I didn't get killed. But I would live, then I would grow old, and then I would die, and that would be the end. But if I joined the Hunt... I could actually make a difference, do something, not become some old name in a dusty history book." She smiled, looking up at Kristy. "And that's why, in the morning, I joined."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/4/2015, 8:05 pm

Kristy smiled and gave a not towards Arian.Honor is something that can always makes one feel powerful and give one the courage to do something. You have plenty of honor Arian. For that you have my respect. She said placing a hand over her heart and giving another half bow with her head and torso. Kristy knew about honor but she had none of it herself. She had lied so many times in her life and done things only for her gain and safety that it was pathetic. She even lied to her sisters about her true age. She was much much older that others thought she was but she simply played along with them to make it all easier. After hearing Arian's answer to the age she felt a pang of something in her chest. She was even older than Arian, she was just never at camp to avoid talking to others.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 8:33 am