A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Queen

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

The Queen  Empty The Queen

Post by Green 6/5/2015, 6:02 pm

The daughter of Hecate glared into the darkness, concentrating. She was surrounded by five candles. Two white, two black, and one blood red. It was that time of year again. That time of year where she honored the women and men of Salem, Massachusetts who were accused of practicing witchcraft in the Puritan colony. With one swipe of her hand, she lit the candles and caused them to hover an inch of the cold ground. Now the full moon was high in the sky and Salem was at her full strength. She was dressed in an 18th century black dress with her hair pulled back in a bun. She lifted her hands to the sky and closed her eyes, membering the books she read on witch trials not only in Salem, but in Europe also.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The Queen  Empty Re: The Queen

Post by Morgan Landry 6/5/2015, 6:31 pm

The clouds ripped aside around the moon, haloed with a pale white light. Shadows however seemed to darken and the wind changed, as if someone had just pushed a switch; from the inky darkness stepped three women, each dressed in a black top and denim jeans. Despite the simple outfits, they all had an aura of pure might and things seemed to change at their approach, as if objects became unsure of their own nature. Grass rippled like water. Leaves turned transparent and made tinkling sounds in the wind, like glass.

The women merged into one, her eyes completely black and radiating ancient power. Her golden hair was swept up into a braided ponytail and she was watching Salem, crossing her arms and clicking her nails.

"As always, you forget the most important thing," she chided in a cold voice. Out of the darkness emerged two animals: a dog and a polecat, both coming to a halt next to the goddess. "The choice of terrain is primordial, be it as a battlefield or a practice area, I thought they had taught you that here. The terrain, Salem. This is not the optimal place for magic." She cocked her head to the side. "Tell me, what is the best place for magic?" She asked, her voice sounding a lot like a school inspector checking up on children's knowledge.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/7/2015, 11:18 pm

Salem could tell the shift in the atmosphere. She had never felt this type of chill before which made her feel strange. She looked up at the figure, or figures, that appeared in the darkness. It was three women that emerged  from the shadows, then came as one. Her first reaction was to summon a fireball, but she stopped and stared. There was something about the woman that made Salem want to bow out of respect, but she couldn't move. The dog and cat that appeared on either side of the lady confirmed something in her.

"Mother?" She asked in awe. The candles settled back on the ground, the flames going out. Her question seemed weird since she just answered her own question before hand. "The best place or the right conditions? Because right now, under the full moon, between the crossroad of today and tomorrow, with the right incantation makes the best place to practice magic. Then again, I could be wrong."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2015, 9:56 am

"I said place," Hecate continued, her tone still cold. "The time is right but not the place. No wonder your magic is weak."

She strode forward, Mist rippling around her like syrupy fog; the polecat hissed.

"The crossroads, Salem. You need to be at a crossroads for your powers to fully unleash, I thought you knew this." The bitterness in her voice was palpable, almost disdainful. "Well then," she resumed, "show me what you're capable of. Is it worth my time, I wonder."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/8/2015, 10:12 am

Salem knew that! Why was she acting like she hadn't read anything on basic magic. Maybe it was Hecate's tone of voice. Salem took it as condescending, but then again, her mother was goddess of witches.

"My magic is strong. Maybe you haven't been paying attention." The dark haired demigod tried her best not to sound disrespectful, but was hard. Salem opened her hand, summoning a fireball. The fire blazer with a light green tent to it. She never mastered the art of summoning Greek Fire, but she was working on it. Closing her hand, the fire went away and Salem shook her hands off, getting warmed up. Her heart was beating out of her chest, magic spells and incantations went through her head as she was determined to impress Hecate.

Her daughter raised her hands to the moon, then suddenly down to the ground. A circle formed around her, glowing a dark purple. "This is my protection spell. I don't really have a target to blow up or shatter, mother."

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2015, 5:50 pm

Hecate tilted her head to the side, her completely black eyes glistening dangerously.

"Are you saying you can judge magic better than me, Salem?" she asked, then paused and continued. "And ...are you saying I'm not paying attention to you?" The goddess hissed a chuckle.

She stayed silent as Salem cast her magic, crossing her arms. It was good, but she wasn't going to say it; Salem had to get better, she wasn't allowed to settle. Settling was the contrary of progress. Salem had a huge potential and she would not let her waste it.

When Salem said she had no target to blow up, Hecate lazily waved her hand, making a marble pillar appear out of the Mist, a pillar exactly like those supporting Ancient Greek temples.

"Try this."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/8/2015, 9:14 pm

She glared at the pillar, pointing to it. After about two seconds, the pillar exploded into several large chunks. One nearly took off her head. Salem raised her hands again, causing the mists to twirl around, resembling a purplish green plume. A figure formed, a male dressed in Greek battle attire. "Bow down." He stated to the mist formed Greek, her eyes still focused on her mother. The Mist figurine did what she asked, on its needs before her.

"No, mother, I think you know a whole lot about magic, now when it concerns me, I don't think so." She glared at her a bit.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2015, 11:50 am

Hecate give another chuckle. "Ah, there it is. The angry daughter act." She strode forward among the broken chunks of marble which dissipated back into white Mist at her approach. "I may not get to spend much time with you but that doesn't mean I'm not watching over you. I'm watching over all my children, always. I know more about you than you think. So don't waste my time with your selfish snarky comments and show me what you're capable of," she said, jerking her head at the Mistformed warrior.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/9/2015, 12:21 pm

Salem glared at her mother. "Well at least I know where I get my smart mouth from." she mumbled underneath her breath before making the mistformed warrior stand to its feet and run toward her mother. Even the warrior that didn't have a brain resisted, somehow knowing who he was going toward. "Useless!" She shouted to the form, changing it's form to flock of three crows. The crows cirlced around over head until Salem transfigured them into fireballs which blasted brightly before going out. Salem touched her head, feeling dizzy after displaying her magic like that. A bit of blood came out of her nose. "Is that good enough? Or should I take you on?" She frowned at Hecate, regretting her words.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2015, 1:01 pm

Hecuba barked at the insolence but Hecate clicked her tongue and the she-dog fell silent.

"I approve of your ambition but don't let it make a fool of you," she warned Salem, her golden hair glittering in the eerie darkness. She nodded at the place where Salem had made the Mistforms burn up into fire balls. "You have to get better. Like so many of my children, you too have a destiny, but you'll need courage, and skill. Don't disappoint me."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/9/2015, 2:18 pm

"Get better, huh? Like Morgan or Lou Ellen? Or maybe I should start a coven. Who knows." She shrugged her shoulders and wiped the blood from her nose. "Anything else you want to say to me, mother? Maybe I love you? Oh, wait. You're the Queen of witches." Her cat, Cleopatra ran into the clearing, going straight for Hecate. She seemed to bow before her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2015, 4:27 pm

"Lou and Morgan still have a lot to learn," Hecate replied, "so keep your ill-placed jealousy in check. But I will say, all three of you are still far from Alabaster's skills."

Her polecat made a hiss at the mention of the name, but it was actually more of a purr, if polecats could purr. Alabaster was the most powerful demigod child of Hecate, he had led his brothers and sisters into battle in Manhattan.... But now, he was banned from Camp Half-Blood because of that, because of his choices, and because of Olympian justice.
    Hecate scoffed to herself.
    Olympian justice.

When Salem said the last sentences, Hecate cocked her head to the side. Sometimes she did have problems understanding demigods. She was here right now, wasn't she? She had just told her she was always watching over her, hadn't she? Didn't all this prove that she loved her, why did she have to say it in addition? It was a bit redundant.

"Keep your temper in check too," Hecate said as Hecuba sat down next to her foot. "It's quite useful for your powers and your fights, but not when you're in my presence." She gave her a small smirk, almost a smile. "I expect I'll see you on the 21st, Salem. Continue the work."

Her black eyes radiated power and her silhouette started to glow; she waited for Salem to avert her eyes before taking on her true form and disappearing in a burst of blinding light.
    Slowly, the Mist dissipated: polecat, dog, and goddess were gone. Only thing staying behind was a spicy scent, like the musk of snakes.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/10/2015, 6:36 pm

Salem was tempted to roll her eyes, but restrained herself. The last thing she needed was to be turned into a toad. She looked away when her mother teleported out of the forest. Salem wouldn't admit it, but she liked the meeting with Hecate. She saw herself in her, or rather vise versa.

"Come on, Cleo. Let's go." She jerked her head toward the cabin before a monster, or another god, showed up.

OOC: Thank you, Morgan!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 11:04 am