A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

stupid costumes and awkward dancing

Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Empty stupid costumes and awkward dancing

Post by Sammy 6/11/2015, 4:35 am

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Tumblr_ltrp7v2WyI1qi89wco1_r1_500

Eden hated this entire thing. If her cabinmates hadn't practically drugged her, she would't even be here. Seriously, putting a sleeping pill in someone's drink was not okay. Granted, it was probably for protection. They knew that if they even tried to convince her to go, she'd put a dagger in their hand. She hated crowds, even had a bit of a fear of them. Actual, no, more like a full on phobia. Yet, somehow, her darling fellow daughters of the minor gods managed to drag her out into somewhere terrifying.

Apparently, one of them had been prescribed some muscle relaxers. just a half of a pill had knocked Eden out for five hours, the perfect amount of time to get ready for a stupid prom.

So, here she was, standing outside the mess hall with a drink she was pretty sure contained some level of alcohol. Imagine her surprise when she'd woken up in a black, floor-length chiffon dress, curled side swept hair with a black crown-looking thing, and a bunch of girls hovering over her with a mascara wand. She'd been about to speak her confused protests, when one of the girls, Adelie, had placed a perfectly manicured hand over her mouth. "Don't talk. You'll mess up the lip gloss."

After thirty minutes of painful protest, she stood in front of a mirror, looking at their handiwork. Her lips and nails had been painted black, the latter shaped into sharp points of death. She could only imagine how painful and tricky they would be to type in. the black chiffon dress flowed around her as her anger and annoyance stirred up a slight breeze in the room. Here eyelids were covered with some kind of gray glitter stuff, black shadow, and thich black liner. On her arms were a multitude of bracelets, with a sheer black cape attached so the fabric flowed out from her back like wings. Her feet held golden knee-high gladiators. They all stood around her, already dressed themselves, and waited for her to say something.

She figured it didn't look that bad. They'd recreated Storm pretty well, and they'd done so without a leather jumpsuit. The small lightning-shaped wings on her eyes and the cloud-like details were hidden everywhere. There was a sharp eye for detail to their work, she couldn't deny that.

"Fine." Was all she said, keeping her face blank the entire time they walked down to the mess hall. They arrived just as the crowd was starting to walk in, and she hastily decided to wait outside. After a few minutes, one of them had brought a drink for her, and, after checking to see it wasn't drugged, she accepted it, though still a bit pissed. Honestly, though, who drugs someone to play dressup? Apparently her sweet, innocent-looking cabin mates.

OOC:

References:
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Empty Re: stupid costumes and awkward dancing

Post by calvin 6/11/2015, 4:12 pm

does whatever a spider can
    I was always a sucker for comic book-esque things. I loved this stuff. Going to prom dressed as Spider-Man was like being a kid in a candy store. I got to the Mess Hall early and climbed up onto the roof, waiting for everything to start. I had a pretty good outfit; Replica suit, plus synthetic web-shooters. They actually worked. I held my hand out and made the signature hand gesture, a long string of webbing shooting out. That's pretty f*cking awesome. I said to myself.

Things finally started kicking off as people started arriving. I saw a few generics; Supermen, Batmen, the usuals. However, I hadn't seen a Spider-Man yet. Was he really that over-used? Probably. I didn't care too much, though. As soon as people began walking in, I spotted someone peculiar in the cloud. Was that Eden? I couldn't really tell, as I was pretty high up. I peered over the edge and saw it was, in fact, Eden. I got a running start and took a leap of faith off of the roof, doing a front roll as soon as I hit the ground. As I planned, I landed just a few feet behind her so she wouldn't see me. I tiptoed behind her and got especially close. I never really took you as a dork. I sassed.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Empty Re: stupid costumes and awkward dancing

Post by Sammy 6/12/2015, 12:41 am

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Tumblr_lxgpefP0c51r64sc8o2_500

Eden jumped a bit at the voice, already on edge as she looked at the crowd. She whirred around to find it's source, her surprise turning into an easy smirk when she saw Carson.  "I'm not. Don't trust your cabin mates when they offer to get you a water, especially when one of them has prescription-strength sleeping pills. I'm still a bit tired," She explained, sighing and leaning against the splintering wood wall. "Nice spandex, by the way."

A boy who looked like he was around 19 stepped up to Eden, obviously already somewhere between tipsy and drunk, and leaned against the wall beside her. He held two cups, one of which he held out to her as if it were some kind of offering. She took it, hoping he would just walk away. Naturally, he didn't.

"Hellooo, Eden," He drawled, and she swore she could smell alcohol on his breath. The drinks couldn't be that spiked. Someone had obviously sneaked something in.

"Travis, what did I tell you about hitting on innocent girls? I'm not one, and I'm not stupid enough to fall for your drunken stupor," The poor idiot seemed a bit confused at the word, though a small hint of disappointment shone on his face. "Please go bother someone with the same blood alcohol content as you,"

Obviously confused, he walked away towards a group of giggling water kids, who seemed to be twirling water around in the air and finding it very amusing. Eden took a sip of his drink, and noticed that it, sure enough, tasted very much like beer. She calmly poured out its contents and gave a sigh. "Poor kid. Great fighter, but not exactly the highest IQ."
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/12/2015, 2:14 am

This guy bothering you?
    I'm not. Don't trust your cabin mates when they offer to get you a water, especially when one of them has prescription-strength sleeping pills. I'm still a bit tired Eden said with a sort of slight drawl, probably from her drugged state. Nice spandex, by the way. she smirked. I just hope I won't have to carry you in there, I joked. And thanks. Your outfit is pretty comic book accurate, they did a damn good job. Gotta hand it to 'em. I grinned, surprised at how well they'd done. She began walking to the dance floor, and naturally, I followed.

The place smelled of drunkenness-- There were already people passed out on the floor being either dragged out or stepped on. I did my best to step around them. There were a plethora of people offering me drinks, which I rejected respectfully, because I was never much of a drinker. Eden was already being hit on by some drunk dude, which I felt compelled to tell to p!ss off for some odd reason. I walked over in their direction, but by the time I had gotten there, she had already told him off. She poured out her cup of what looked to be beer and leaned back up against the wall, obviously unhappy.

I walked over to the punch bowl and got myself a cup, taking a cautious sip. Surprisingly, it hadn't been spiked. Yet. I got another cup and poured Eden some, walking back over to her. It's not spiked or drugged or anything, I promise. Just regular punch. I said, leaning up against the wall beside her, offering her the cup. Cheer up, you're supposed to be having fun.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/12/2015, 3:43 am

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Tumblr_lsbcidfs6L1qbp7ebo1_500

She scanned him for a minute, taking the drink hesitantly. "My definition of fun doesn't involve a large crowd full of drunkards constantly pushing up against me. Especially the crowd part. I've never liked them that much. Too much attention, too many words, and it somehow gives me the feeling of claustrophobia no matter how large the actual space is," She explained carefully, gritting her teeth towards the end as she tapped her sharpened nails against her thigh. Someone had once suggested she get a keyboard tattooed on her leg. She'd almost considered it.

"Then again, I've been drugged, dressed up, smothered in makeup, and hit on. Maybe some fun wouldn't be too bad, though I doubt you have anything that could make me feel better,"Like an Advil. With he music and the anxiety, she could already feel a headache starting to form. She figured she should go back to her cabin, but something made her want to stay. It was Prom, the night most girls dream their entire lives of, outside of their wedding day.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/12/2015, 3:05 pm

Shall we dance?
    My definition of fun doesn't involve a large crowd full of drunkards constantly pushing up against me. Especially the crowd part. I've never liked them that much. Too much attention, too many words, and it somehow gives me the feeling of claustrophobia no matter how large the actual space is, she said, her jaw clenching. Then again, I've been drugged, dressed up, smothered in makeup, and hit on. Maybe some fun wouldn't be too bad, though I doubt you have anything that could make me feel better. she explained, still looking very unhappy.

Well, Miss Eden... I said, grabbing her drink and setting it in a place where no one would touch it. I held my hand out and grabbed her forearm, pulling her with me to the dance floor.We're gonna dance. Or you could just go back to your cabin and mope. Your choice.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/12/2015, 6:29 pm

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Tumblr_inline_mua1grQUp51snbkln

Eden gave a small laugh when he began to take her out to the floor, but he didn't stop."You're serious? Okay, wait," She panicked, and she probably looked like a deer in headlights. What excuse could she come up with? "I, uh...I broke my hip training a few months ago. It's not exactly fully healed, you know. Actually, I don't even know how to dance. What's the point in learning now?" She gave a nervous laugh, just as the music transitioned into a slow song. The floor cleared out a bit as all the singles retreated to get some drinks or sit down.

"Please don't do this. You're taking advantage of a girl when she's still under the influence of prescription medicine. Please don't make me report you, because no one would enjoy that," She bluffed, though anyone who knew anything about her would be able to tell it was an outright lie. Eden would never risk any type of encounter with the law. Which is why, usually, she would handle a situation herself and just stab the person. But Carson had grabbed the arm with her bracelet, and she didn't even know if she could reach it.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/12/2015, 9:26 pm

Shall we dance?
    You're serious? Okay, wait, she said, slowly stopping herself from walking. I still had a good grip on her hand, though. I, uh...I broke my hip TRAINING a few months ago. It's not exactly fully healed, you know. Actually, I don't even know how to dance. What's the point in learning now? she lied, faking a laugh. Lying wasn't really her strong suit, was it? Well, except for when it came to the authorities. I rolled my eyes and kept pulling her, the loud dance music turning into a quiet, moody, slow song.

Please don't do this. You're taking advantage of a girl when she's still under the influence of prescription medicine. Please don't make me REPORT you, because no one would enjoy that. she lied again. I laughed quite a  bit, she was pretty bad at this. You're a pretty terrible liar, y'know. And a pretty bad bluffer, too. If you'd broken a hip two months ago, nectar and ambrosia plus some time in the infirmary would've fixed it. You wouldn't report me, because you're most likely in some trouble with the police for hacking ATMs. Trust me, I know. You're just scared. If you want me to teach you, I'd be glad to. It's not that hard. I explained.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/13/2015, 7:21 am

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Tumblr_mdmadz418r1qeqgdvo1_250

Eden sighed and let her stiff posture relax in defeat. "You're not going to let me out of this, are you?" She asked quietly, though she already knew the answer. Though a part of her was a bit excited, exhilarated. She'd been tucked away for so long, a part of her old self always wanting to get back out and do the things she used to do. She'd taken it all for granted, and then stolen it away from herself, with the move of a hand, followed by the spread of an icy feeling through her entire body--

She sucked in the air through her teeth, and tried to shut herself off again. It was hard, though, and feelings of guilt, fear, and the freezing cold numbness came rushing at her. She needed a way to stop it, needed a distraction--

"Could you?" She asked, looking down and attempting to gather her self before looking back up again. "Show me, I mean. Better I learn now, right?" She kept her voice casual and her face calm, the way she had all the years. Think I'm a bad liar? I just haven't lied about the right things yet.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/13/2015, 9:41 pm

I KNEW SHE'D COME AROUND
    You're not going to let me out of this, are you? Eden asked me. No, I most definitely am not. I said, a big smile on my face.

Could you? she asked me. I could, and I would. I couldn't just say no, that'd be rude. I listened in for the beat of the song and recognized it instantly-- "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran. A pretty good song, in my opinion. Okay, so just wrap your arms around my neck and lean your head against my shoulder. I instructed. Then I realized how tall I was compared to her. That may be kinda hard because I'm, like, 6 inches taller than you. Try your best. I said, taking her arms and draping them across my shoulders. Now I'm gonna put my hands on your waist... I won't touch your butt, I promise. Probably. I said, gripping her waist with both of my hands. And now, you just shuffle your feet to the beat of the music. I said, moving her body in tune with mine.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/14/2015, 8:53 am

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Giphy

She did as he said, glaring at both the height comment and the butt comment, giving him a look equivalent to 'I swear to every god there is I will cut your limbs off'. And okay, yeah, maybe she did find it a bit hard to reach his height, but after taking advantage of some of her heels height and some awkward toe work, she managed.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't that bad. Maybe his arms were warm in a way she hadn't felt in a long time. Maybe she was completely and totally secure when he wrapped his arms around her. Maybe the smell of oil and smoke mixed with a hint of soap and mint was kind of amazing and beautiful. Maybe she wanted to just take this exact moment and wrap it around her and just sit with it for forever. But she would never admit it. Even though she was smiling and all of her anxiety had been ripped away, she would never tell.

She didn't want the song to end, didn't want the night to end, even though a minute earlier she was debating leaving.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/14/2015, 2:10 pm

I DON'T WANT THIS TO END
    I knew dancing would be fun. But not this fun. I didn't want this moment to end. I wanted to take this moment and save it forever. It was one of the nicest things I had ever felt. I hadn't ever felt like that. I think I was actually starting to fall for her.

The song had changed, but I didn't care. I wanted to stay like this forever. I kept my dancing going, and then I felt a snap, like something growing, something changing inside of me. I was actually starting to like her. I was never a girl chaser, but Eden just made me feel right. And I liked that.

OOC: omg omg omg should carson lean in for a kiss in the next post
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/14/2015, 5:08 pm

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Tumblr_m12b3ku0q81qerkbeo3_250

The song changed from one to another, and the floor began to fill up again, though Eden didn't even realize it. She felt euphorically numb, like she was on some kind of high. She was overcome with the gut wrenching feeling of suddenly being lost and confused and she didn't even care. She was in uncharted territory, and it gave her  an exhilarating rush of excitement and confusion and anxiety and she loved it all.

The sound of a pounding rain had begun outside, and there was a mix of whining and laughing from the mess hall. It had been raining a lot lately, and Eden was happy for the change. There was usually a dry, humid feeling around the camp, and she missed the frequent pour of Houston. Even if it occasionally meant freezing her butt off on the streets.

Apparently the rain wasn't that big of a deal, as the DJ switched to another song, which Eden recognized instantly. Love of mine, some day you'll die, But I'll be close behind... Eden couldn't even remember where she'd heard it, or even what it was called, but she knew she'd liked it long ago when she was in one of her depressing internally-goth phases. And, yeah, maybe she still kind of liked it now.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/15/2015, 2:06 pm

does whatever a spider can
    The floor started getting heavy again. People were gonna start bumping into us and asking us to move, but I didn't care. The moment was too great. It was perfect. It was all I needed. This was a place I had never been before. I didn't want to leave, I didn't want to let it go.

This was it. I had to do it. I couldn't just end our dance without this one thing. As the music faded into something else, I began leaning in for a kiss. Yeah, it was risky, but it was worth it. She was the only girl I had liked in a very long time, and I wanted this. I don't know why I liked it. There was just something about her.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 6/16/2015, 9:06 am

stupid costumes and awkward dancing Tumblr_mqb89zIejU1ragydko1_500

Eden's eyes were drawn up to Carson's as she felt him move against her. He was leaning in towards her, completely enveloping her in a mix of fear and excitement. She didn't stop him, though a part of was screaming it at the top of her lungs, she stayed still and waited almost instinctively for the moment when their lips met.

It came both too soon and not soon enough, and it was like watching a supernova explode across the sky. Colors danced across Eden's closed eyelids, and pure bliss spread through her. It was amazing, and she hated that it was. She wanted more, and felt like kicking herself for it.

"Eden! Oh, gods, we've been looking-" Eden broke away quickly, turning to see her half-sister Melissa staring at the scene a bit bewildered.

"Yeah?"She looked especially confused when she heard Eden speak, like Why'd you stop?

"Oh, um...Chloe's been crying for the past hour and we can't get her to stop. We've sent probably twelve people back to the cabin, and she wont talk to any of them," She explained quickly, and now that she looked, Eden noticed the girl looked pretty frazzled. Her usually perfect hair was slightly frizzy and very wet, her makeup slightly smeared.

"I told you she just does that for attention," Eden replied, exasperated, though she stepped out of Carson's arms, giving him an apologetic look, and ran off out of the Mess Hall into the rain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 3:00 am