A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

you aren't the man you were when we first met

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

you aren't the man you were when we first met Empty you aren't the man you were when we first met

Post by daddeme 6/20/2015, 11:54 am

you aren't the man you were when we first met Tumblr_inline_n5ndlv77lU1rt2432you aren't the man you were when we first met Tumblr_inline_mhaye7Ofrs1qz4rgpyou aren't the man you were when we first met Tumblr_inline_n5ndl773no1rt2432
    "If you're happy and you know it flap your wings." Sinbad sat on a bench in the courtyard, an e-cigarette dangling out of his mouth. He a loaf of bread in his lap, crumbling up one slice at a time and tossing it towards a few tiny harpies that he guessed were on their break from the kitchen. He wasn't sure, but he didn't really pay too much mind to it. He'd stolen gotten a new flavor of vapor that made his mind all dazed. It was Mt. Dew or something, but that wasn't important. The almost 16-year-old had his dreadlocks tied back in a ponytail, his nose ring glinting in the killer sun of noon. He was supposed to be at a canoe lesson, but whatever man. He'd much rather sing to harpies and give them bread.
    If you're wondering where the other Youngin's are, then you're out of luck. They weren't exactly youngin's anymore, but Sinny was sure that Eve was blowing something up, Emily was either helping her or telling her it was a bad idea, and Oliv-weird was...Well, he was going through some things Sinbad didn't understand. He tried to convince him to get his septum pierced, like, last week to match his attitude. Sinbad hadn't seen him since.

you aren't the man you were when we first met Empty Re: you aren't the man you were when we first met

Post by Guest 6/20/2015, 10:36 pm

you aren't the man you were when we first met Tumblr_nctk9tunV31qf5kyro1_250

Oliver entered the courtyard after playing lacrosse. It wasn't much of an actual team it's more of him and other people playing lacrosse. He was standing in a cluster of teenagers, he being on the end. He found them to be his new friends, he fit in with them better anyway. It was easy with him. He has nice hair and he plays a sport. He's practically on top.
    Speaking of people who were not on top, Sinbad was feeding the birds. He's only spoken to him a few times this month, and to be totally honest he hasn't paid attention to anything the boy has said. Oliver felt kind of bad, really.  He hasn't spoken to any of his friends except for his new ones. He hasn't spoken to Eve at all, and he barely paid attention to Sinbad. And Emily. He doesn't want to talk about Emily.
    Oliver stepped aside from the group who was now moving over to a group of girls. He stepped over to his friend slowly, holding his hands at his side. "How's it going?"

Last edited by Jo on 7/9/2016, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

you aren't the man you were when we first met Empty Re: you aren't the man you were when we first met

Post by daddeme 6/21/2015, 12:33 am

Because when I arrive
    Sinbad Estavez
    I bring the fire

The harpies that were gathered at Sinbad’s feet scattered and complained, which was really the only implication to Sinbad that someone else had arrived. He threw them more bread before he put on one of his best smiles and glanced up at whoever had walked up. Expecting someone he could flirt with, his smile was wiped clean off his face when he saw that it was the jerk himself: Oliver Young. This is what he got for thinking about the old crew. Out of all people to show up, it had to be him.
    “Well, well.” Sinbad took the e-cigarette from his mouth and blew a cloud of vapor into the air around him. “If it isn’t the famous Oliver Young. Did your buddies get tired of you yet, usted densa niño perdido?”
    Okay, that was harsh. In his defense, Oliver had said way worse, and lacrosse was a weird sport. Even though his impish smile was gone, he still smirked arrogantly. Sinny put the cig back in his mouth and threw more bread at the harpies.

© fleur

Post by Guest 6/21/2015, 12:11 pm

you aren't the man you were when we first met Tumblr_n7duhzRYBl1qae0nto1_250

Oliver rolled his eyes. Of course Sinbad had to be rude about him being here. He stood still as Sinbad gun-shotted him and proceeded to swat the puff out of his face. Oliver should just leave now. It was worthless trying to talk to Sinbad. He could barely talk to Sinbad when they were friends. He means, when they were close. Though he has to admit they aren't really friends now, friendly maybe. He pulled on the sleeve of his Vineyard Vines t-shirt. "I'm not the one with the lack of friends, Estavez." That was kind of uncalled for, he realized that. He looked back over to his friends, who now were trying to get the girls to go to lunch with them. Oliver and his friends were going to get lunch outside of camp, but now he's not that hungry. It's as if someone made him lose his appetite.
    Oliver hated that e-cig that was in Sinbad's mouth. He didn't remember when he got it, but it was right as things were getting rocky. That and vape, stupid things. Oliver bet Sinbad did both. He worried if Emily did both. Whatever, who cares. "Why are you feeding harpies. That's stupid."
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/21/2015, 4:43 pm

Because when I arrive
    Sinbad Estavez
    I bring the fire

Sinbad snorted and shook his head. He didn't know what happened with Ollie, who used to be this happy-go-lucky lady-deflector, but he didn't like it at all. He missed when he could insult Oliver and get scolded. Now Oliver insulted him back, which was really weird and really mean. The friends comment stung particularly more than a lot of the other stuff that had been said to him. Probably because they used to be friends not too long ago.
    "You're hanging out with a bunch of dudes that look like the definition of 'no-homo'. I wouldn't be bragging." Sinbad looked over at Ollie's "friends" and laughed. He took in another drag and continued. "You're stupid and I'm talking to you. Not to be rude or anything but you're a real d-bag, man. I was supposed to be the problematic one, but you stole my title."

© fleur

Post by Guest 6/21/2015, 8:22 pm

you aren't the man you were when we first met Tumblr_njzsx1NdFo1s6u50qo5_250

Oliver laughed at Sinbad's comment. It didn't bother him really. Well it would bother him if he was 13 but he's not 13 and he's not a tiny kid. He would always get bullied by Sinbad when they were younger. He was the scapegoat of the group and he was damn tired of it. That's why he left really. Frustration. At least he had friends. "Great comeback, Sinbad, no really." Oliver laughed again, clutching his lacrosse stick. The word 'd-bag' didn't bother him. The guys throw it around so often that he forgot the meaning of the word. "I'm not offended by a smoke god wannabe, honestly." He was going to say more but he stopped himself, he didn't want to start anything.
    [/color]
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/21/2015, 10:50 pm

Because when I arrive
    Sinbad Estavez
    I bring the fire

"Yikes." Sinbad mumbled. He wasn't expecting a laugh, the laugh was new. He guessed it was better than Ollie getting offended and mad. In truth, Sinbad could go for a good yelling. No had yelled at him in a while and that was not normal. Wait a minute, maybe they had. Sinny couldn't quite recall whether someone had or hadn't recently, but regardless Oliver wasn't doing to yelling now. The vapor curled out of his nose like a dragon, and he closed his eyes.
    "Why did you even come over here? What do I have to offer, besides my looks of course, o Great One?" It was an honest question. Oliver looked like he was just fine over with the boy band. They were well-known, played a sport, and all had the same haircut. Here sat Sinbad, not sure what day it was and feeding harpies because he didn't know where Eve and Emily were. He didn't want to talk to Ollie anyway. Well, he did, but not this one. This one hurt his feelings and scared harpies. He threw more bread and watched the bird ladies flock it.

© fleur

Post by Guest 6/21/2015, 11:43 pm

you aren't the man you were when we first met 16ibk38

"Gods why do you sound so bitter." Oliver said, shifting his weight between legs. He honestly didn't know why he was still here with Sinbad. He could be with his actual friends, talking to girls and eating good food. Instead he's here with someone who could pass as an ugly girl, giving his food to bird ladies. He's the bird lady for the bird ladies.
    Plus his friends had left moments ago. Add 'friends leaving because Sinbad distracted him' to the list on why Sinbad aggravates him. "You could've left too, and yet...here you are. You miss me, Sinny?"
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/22/2015, 12:18 am

Because when I arrive
    Sinbad Estavez
    I bring the fire

"I'm not 'bitter', I just don't like talking to someone who sounds like a...dark version of me." Sinbad scoffed and squinted off at a few campers walking to their next lesson. He could be with them if he weren't sitting here talking and feeding birds. He actually found it relaxing, and after his last couple of years he needed to feed some birds. Then as Oliver continued, something strange happened. Sinbad's smile melted, and his face felt warm. He was irritated. He was never irritated when feeding harpies. Hell, he was never irritated.
    "Ollie. If I let every person with a 'tude get to me, who would I be? Not the Sinbad you know, tell ya that." Sinbad threw the last slice and balled up the plastic bag that held the bread. He looked back at Oliver and raised an eyebrow. "I'm not gonna lie. I miss you and your stupid stories you used to write about Emily. Dios, do you even write anymore?"

© fleur

Post by Guest 6/22/2015, 12:35 am

you aren't the man you were when we first met Of7x1l

Oliver couldn't tell if he was flustered over Sinbad's question, or the fact that he knew about his stupid stories about Emily. He changed the name and stuff. Gods, that's really embarrassing. He didn't even like...he doesn't..Oliver's over it. "I, um. I-I" He fumbled over his words, trying to piece his sentence together. He didn't feel like himself stuttering, it was a weird nostalgic feeling. He didn't like it. "I d-didn't write about Em." Oliver coughed, trying to get his composure back, "It's lacrosse season, I haven't had much time.." It was that, and Oliver hasn't had much inspiration lately. But he didn't want to tell Sinbad that. He would try to write. But every time he picks up a pencil or takes out his laptop, nothing comes to him. Writer's Block is a horrible feeling to have. He didn't want to admit that though. Writing was his thing. It is his thing. Well, now he's shifting between lacrosse and writing. It will probably get easier after a while.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/22/2015, 1:15 am

Because when I arrive
    Sinbad Estavez
    I bring the fire

Sinbad snickered at Oliver's embarrassment, having not seen it for a long time. His irritation vanished and he relaxed again. Oh yes, Sinbad read a lot of his stories. Whether or not Oliver had known was the real question, but sometimes Sinny got bored and snooped through his things. Well, he used to anyways when there were younger.
    "Seriously? I could have sworn there were a few princesses there who acted and looked just like her." Thinking about Oliver and Emily from way back when caused Sinbad to smile a huge smile that he hadn't done in years. It soon dimmed back to a dazed one when lacrosse was brought back into the conversation. The wave of familiarity had passed and he inhaled more vapor. "Find time. They weren't half bad minus the cheesy endings. And lacrosse isn’t even a real sport."

© fleur

Post by Guest 6/23/2015, 9:20 pm

you aren't the man you were when we first met 2u8jpdc

"Why would I ever want write about her." He asked, fully knowing the answer. Whenever Emily was around, inspiration would follow her. She was this constant source of light for him that would inspire Oliver to write millions of stories. There was something about her, something so real that any of his other friends didn't have. It was hypnotic. "She's not my style, artistically speaking." He didn't want to write anymore, knowing full well that if he did it would be about Emily. Start writing about some random thing, leads back to Emily. Finally starts to get rid of his writer's block, it turns into some weird retelling of their one kiss. It was impossible to get read of the idea of Emily Friedman, so he decided just to stop writing. Of course he would never tell Sinbad that, even when they were friends Oliver would never tell him that.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/25/2015, 9:39 pm

Because when I arrive
    Sinbad Estavez
    I bring the fire

Sinbad wanted to say for the same reason he makes breakfast burritos for Eve, but he just shrugged instead. He still didn’t know why he made them for her but he was getting a hunch. De todos modos, actually hearing Oliver say that Emily wasn’t his style made Sinbad almost choke on his false cigarette. He never imagined hearing Oliver say that outloud, whether she really was his style or not. Most of his memories consisted of the two “accidentally” pairing up depending on the task. He guessed that hearing Ollie say that made things, he didn’t know, more real? The old Oliver Young was gone and he took the fairytales with him.
    “I get it,” Sinbad did not get it; he was lying. “It’s like pitching. The windup looks nice. You try it, you hate it, you dump it and move on. Like a relationship.”
    Sinbad laughed like it was joke, but he was getting anxious. He was smiling but his hands twisted at the hem of his jean jacket. His “joke” reminded him of their little friend group slowly breaking apart, and then being left alone once everyone went on their way, because to be completely honest Sinbad was about three years from being in the real world and he had no idea where his life was going if he didn’t have friends going with him. Sinbad might have picked up some separation issues from someone.

© fleur

Post by Guest 6/29/2015, 3:25 pm

you aren't the man you were when we first met OFunwt0

"I didn't dump anything." Oliver said cooly. He gripped his lacrosse stick tighter, causing his knuckles to turn white. He believed he didn't dump anyone or anything. He left their group, because they drove him insane. They didn't really like him, he figured that out. It was obvious with the constant name calling and other things he was hit with. So he left them, but he thought that they could be at least acquaintances. He looked down at his shoes, feeling the small breeze of wind move his hair. He should have just left when he had the chance. Sinbad was going to lecture him. A lecture that Oliver frankly didn't care about. He would tell him that he was being rude to him, but he did the same thing all those years before this one. He couldn't value that.
    Anyway he was moving on. A friend group you made when you were 12 wouldn't last when they got to be teenagers. It's obvious. Especially that all of the four were so different. When you're twelve, no one knows who you're going to be when you're older. Opinions, appearance, and personality change. You can't expect that to last, come on.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 7/2/2015, 4:16 pm

Because when I arrive
    Sinbad Estavez
    I bring the fire

“You dumped a lot of things.” He corrected almost immediately, his voice losing its joking nature for a split second. All of that internal worrying made his smile drop and his face turn stony. He went to take another breath of his vapor and realized that he had smoked it all, and instead pocketed the e-cigarette. It wasn’t in his place to tell Oliver what he did and didn’t do wrong with growing up. It wasn’t Sinbad’s life to live, it was Oliver’s. At the same time, he’d lost his good conscience a while ago and somehow had to adjust his laughing-side and anxious-side to be kinder. It was scary to him how easily it was to go from “super chill and rugged son of Hermes” to “I killed a man with this thumb”, but he was started to understand it. At least a little bit. As long as he didn’t have a reason to get serious again in the next few years, he was having a great time adjusting to his emotions. Soon enough, Sinbad felt the ghost of his smile return as he took his dreads out of the ponytail and shook them.
    “But who am I to tell you that? We’re all trying to find ourselves some how.” He was back. Philosophical, but back nonetheless.

© fleur

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 12:35 pm