A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Tribal Training

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Tribal Training  Empty Tribal Training

Post by Green 7/7/2015, 1:50 am

Tribal Training  C5606efa269fe026b4cf0285d7f23b15

Chowilawu walked into the arena for his first training session with Romulus. He hadn't really spoken to him for the reason that he was too focused on flirting with Horace, staying at his bunk as they talked and everything and anything. They bonded on the fact that they were both children of the Big Three and had great power. He hoped that their relationship would increase. Any who, Chowilawu had to block him out of his mind if he was to concentrate on the training ahead. He wore simple, faded blue jeans that had a little bit extra around the ankle, a sea blue, v necked t-shirt, and dark brown boots. He had painted tribal markings around his face. Black streaks were on his nose and cheeks while a red streak came down from his chin to underneath his jaw. The son of Neptune stood there with his shoulders back and head up with his imperial gold ball club in one hand and his shield in the other. His hair was down with a few strands braided. He prayed to Neptune that he didn't have to cut it.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Tribal Training  Empty Re: Tribal Training

Post by Shade 7/7/2015, 11:38 am

Private training. That wasn’t something the Roman officer had thought he’d ever be giving. Sure, doing it made it easier to identify what the person wasn’t understanding and allowed him to catch things quicker. It also allowed the student to get a better understanding on what was being taught. But, Romulus wasn’t exactly fond of one on one teachings either. You had to get more personal with only one other person there. Had to focus on them and only them. Not his cup of tea. However his Centurion assigned him the duty of teaching Chowilawu the ‘proper’ and standardized Roman fighting style used by the 12th Roman Legion and that was what the Son of Quirinus planned on doing. However, he fully intended on learning the fighting style of Chowilawu’s tribe because it would be a great addition to his ever expanding knowledge of fighting styles. Not to mention it was one that was not practiced anymore.

Upon arriving on the Field of Mars he noticed the Native American son of Neptune. Interestingly enough after hearing who the boy’s father he found he was one of if not the first Son of Neptune when the God’s focus started to switch to America. He was however unsure if that meant he was more powerful than your average Big Three; only time would tell. But, from looking at his auras it was obvious he was indeed very powerful and not someone the Optio wanted to piss off. “Greetings Chowilawu. I assume they told you why you are here correct?” He asked upon walking up to his Cohort member. Both of his spears, his Verutum and the one he acquired during the solstice holstered on his back, a sword in its sheath by his left side, and of course his dagger under his right pant leg.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/7/2015, 12:28 pm

Chowilawu was still looking foreword when Romulus walked into the arena. His eyes stayed straight before nodding his head once. "Yes, Optio Romulus Mercury. I am here for my private lesson on how to fight on the battle field." He took his ball club and started to beat it against his shield. This lasted for about ten seconds before stopping and going back to his original position. He had heard rumors about this son of Quirinus ranging from him being "the perfect Roman" to him having the gluteus maximus of the gods. So, in Chowilawu eyes, him being assigned to Romulus was a good thing on all fronts.

Last edited by Green the Good on 7/11/2015, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Post by Shade 7/7/2015, 2:02 pm

Romulus’ eyes watched with interest as Chowilawu beat on his shield, scanning each and every movement his body and muscles made. He wasn’t sure what exactly this had to do with his fighting style or if it did at all but the young man now had it memorized thanks to his ability. Not only did he have a perfect memory and total recall, a natural phenomenon that had nothing to do with his Godly heritage, but he also had the mental ability of Adaptive Muscle Memory. Anything he saw he could do just as good as the person performing the activity. Sure he’d also have the same faults they themselves had upon performing said activity but with time he could smooth the faults out and make the movement work in a way that was best for him.

“Interesting.” Was the first thing his said before stepping back and removing his Verutum from his back placing the rounded bottom on the ground with the spear head up in the air. “So, before I teach you what the Legion wants you to know I need to see what you know. Do you have a certain training exercise you would usually run through? After that I think we’ll spar. Find out how your style matches up against ours” ‘Or really mine’ he thought to himself “and then we shall go from there.” He finished saying and then stood at ease. There was no reason to stand at attention while he waited for the Son of Neptune to commence whatever training exercise it is he would usually do, eyes trained on him ready to absorb the information he needed. Ready to learn just as much if not more than what he was about to teach.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/7/2015, 9:29 pm

The son of Neptune nodded his head and took in a deep breath and pounded his shield again with his ball club before he shook himself loose, doing a couple of squats. He started to chanting something that the warriors in his tribe used to shout whenever they got ready for battle. Chowilawu put down his shield and ball club before taking in a deep breath and ran toward Romulus, but before he ran into him, the son of Neptune slipped behind him, his thumb making a cutting motion across his throat. "That's something I learned." He stated before circling him closely. "We take our fighting styles from nature. Swift like a eagle, fast like a mountain lion, and strong like a bison." He added before standing back in front of him.

"You remind me of a mountain lion, Romulus."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 4:33 pm