A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder~ (Belle & Metilinos)

Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder~ (Belle & Metilinos) Empty Tomorrow Will Be Kinder~ (Belle & Metilinos)

Post by Belle 7/24/2015, 7:53 pm

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder~ (Belle & Metilinos) 607

Dominika had been walking around camp. She had a tour already but decided she wanted to look around on her own. She had been here for three weeks already and so, she decided to climb up to temple hill. Most would assume she was going up to thank her father and pay her respects, but Nika was still mad about how he just left and how he left her fatherless and allowed the step father into her life. Nika's plans originally were to come up and yell at the statue of her father but by the time she climbed up there it took most of her energy away.

Staring up at the temple she was mostly amazed at it. She walked up to it and she ran her hand along the cool stone column and really took a minute to take it all in. Nika hadn't seen something like this when she lived in Russia and it was beyond amazing. Her curious eyes grazed the temple as she kept walking into it. Eventually she could see the statue of her father. She had mixed emotions on what to say or do, so she just wrapped her arms around herself. After feeling uneasy in the temple she walked out and just sat on the ground in front of her father's temple overlooking the camp and she sighed. Finally she was alone somewhere, without risk of coming into other human contact. Besides that it was peaceful for the most part.

(Sorry it's kinda way open for you to jump in that you may not think of anything but I hope it doesn't stump you too much!)
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder~ (Belle & Metilinos) Empty Re: Tomorrow Will Be Kinder~ (Belle & Metilinos)

Post by Metilinos 7/24/2015, 10:54 pm

Camp Jupiter was a simply elegant place. The structure was one like no other; and that wasn't in reference to the glorious architecture. The Romans held a very successful empire when they were around, and their long lost sons and daughters certainly knew how to replicate them. It was fortunate that they were at least kind enough to leave the slavery part out of it. Dimitri was deeply impressed with the place he'd come to visit. The trip, however, was not so pleasing. Especially with that irrational fear of bear traps that he was trying to get used to. It was long, difficult, and most importantly; it proved a point.

He could make it from east to west. That meant the world to him, to know that he had it in him to survive. It meant he could go anywhere, including home. Which made him excited to just think about. Of course, he decided not to waste time at Camp Jupiter. It was a new place full of new people.

Of course, Temple Hill wasn't the most populated area. Dimitri almost felt uncomfortable walking into the temples. They were meant for people with legitimate love and respect towards the gods, or envy, if that counted. Then there was the temple for the Roman's version of the big man upstairs himself: Jupiter. And, there was one lone girl sitting outside of it. Dimitri wondered what she was doing there. Was she a follower of Jupiter? Or maybe a descendant. It was common for the Roman's to have children, and then those people would sometimes have powers too, despite their godly blood not being a direct connection.

"Good mornin'." Dimitri said, his southern accent overpowering his voice like always. "What brings you up here? Offerin's to Jupiter?" Dimitri was fortunate to not have much respect for Zeus. Distinguishing the two sets of gods was pretty simple to him.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder~ (Belle & Metilinos) Empty Re: Tomorrow Will Be Kinder~ (Belle & Metilinos)

Post by Belle 7/24/2015, 11:43 pm

Sitting there with her knees pressed into her chest, arms wrapped around her knees and her head resting on her knees, she just watched the surroundings peacefully. She'd pick another time to come and yell at a statue of her father, she couldn't let go of the chance so easily. Even though she has known for awhile about who her real father is, it was still difficult to wrap her mind around it. Really she wasn't sure if she wanted to. Basically her father goes around sleeping with a few women if not more and has children all the time and leaves these poor women to raise a kid on their own. It just left a sour look on her face.

Nika was so content and out of mind that when she heard a southern accent it startled her, and her eyes lit up a bit in alarming matters. She didn't think people came up here that often and so it had a her a bit spooked but Nika decided it'd be best not to show that much. Nika looked at the new comer, and she had yet to say anything in reply. When he asked about why she was up here and if it was offerings to Jupiter, right away a scoff came out of her mouth before she could think and she shook her head and chuckled.

"Quite the opposite actually." Nika replied in her Russian accent and turned her head to look out past the hill again. "What about you? Going to make an offerin' to Jupiter?"
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/25/2015, 12:41 am

The scoff indicated that either Dimitri or Jupiter were horrible in this girl's book. Dimitri didn't know any Romans, and hardly knew about any of their customs. He knew there was a time where Greeks weren't liked, but surely she didn't know what he was just by looking? The Russian accent she spoke with was a nice touch; Dimitri always liked to hear an accent that wasn't typical within Americans in the north. People always pinpointed his southern accent, so it was nice to talk with people with different accents too.

"I don't see that happenin' any time soon." Dimitri said. "No offense to the big man upstairs or anythin'. But uh, his way of life and mine ain't really the same." Dimitri hoped that was a nice way to put it. He was careful not to use names, he didn't want to make enemies with a god. Dimitri shared in her staring out over the hill. It was really a wonderful place they had, though it didn't matter either way, neither camp was truly his home. "I assume you ain't really a fan of his either?" Dimitri made the assumption, though, he didn't know. Maybe there was a curse involved. Or something along those lines.

"What's your name?" Dimitri asked the stranger. He glanced back at her. He got an impression that she was not someone to get in a fight with, though Dimitri never judged a book by its cover. "I guess, I should probably come clean and say I'm a Greek. If that changes anythin'." Dimitri said, nearly expressionless in his step, except for the usual smile on his face.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/25/2015, 1:04 am

Sitting there a breeze lightly passed through rustling the little strands of her blonde hair. Nika wondered why people loved the gods enough to make temples dedicated to a specific god. Either someone was very devoted or someone was very scared, potentially both at this point. Listening to what he said about the "big man upstairs." It slowly put a smirk creeping up onto her face as she listened to the southern drawl speak of her father. It was interesting to hear all the accents from America, when you live in Russia for so long you only know different dialects of Russian. It is the biggest country after all.

"None taken, and no, not a big fan of him myself, but you can't pick and choose your family, unfortunately." She said with a slight roll of her eyes. At least this guy wasn't a devoted Jupiter fan who would kiss her father's feet. That would be seen as weak and disgusting, and she'd slap anyone who would do it. Although upon first glance, he didn't really seem like an arse kisser. Nika relaxed her hold a bit and her knees were no longer tuck into her chest. That was when he asked for her name and mentioned that he was Greek.

"What? Do you think this is some sort of alcohol anonymous group or something? I do not really care whether you're Greek or Roman, I mean wasn't too long ago I even came here so I don't really have any opinions formed." Shrugging she continued to speak. "My name is Dominika, but you can just call me Nika. You?"
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/25/2015, 1:41 am

"It could be." Dimitri said with a shrug. Apparently alcoholics had meetings, this was something new Dimitri learned. "There was a war a while back. Or, at least somethin' or other. For a while, our teams didn't get along too well. Didn't know if maybe you were someone who still bore some bad feelin's." Dimitri explained. "But now that I know you ain't, I definitely feel a lot less uneasy." Dimitri hadn't had a true good nights sleep since leaving Camp Half-Blood. It was good to sleep surrounded by people you knew and trusted. And while Camp Jupiter wasn't exactly the same deal, it was more than good enough. He'd have a sound night.

"Well, I'm guessin' that makes Jupiter your father. Or grandfather." Dimitri said. He wasn't really the world's greatest detective, but he knew how to put two and two together. "'Sa high honor to be a child of one of the original three brothers of gods back at Camp Half-Blood. I assume it's the same here. But I guess I can see how it might just kinda be a curse over a blessin'. Especially with, well, y'know." Being a child of one of the big three meant strength and power for sure. But Dimitri couldn't help but feel for the girl. Her father was known for being a womanizer, brutal, and overall not caring to his family of gods. It probably wasn't a fun feeling to carry around.

Dimitri didn't typically use nicknames, it was just a quirk of his to use full names, though for now, he didn't wish to look disrespectful to the other demigod. "Dimitri Midnight. And I promise ya, the last name ain't fake." Dimitri said, some others had questioned his surname once. He had no idea how cliche it sounded until then. "So, you're more or less new here then? How do you like it so far?"
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/25/2015, 11:48 pm

Listening to the fellow she waited for an opening to speak. Nika wouldn't outwardly care but she could put two and two together quite well and gathered he probably hadn't been sleeping well. That was something that she could relate to for the most part. It had been difficult since she had left to America. This country wasn't her home, but she couldn't really call Russia her home anymore either. "I think some Romans are just misunderstood." She said softly, yet she didn't really understand them herself, she had only been here for three weeks, but she gave people the benefit of the doubt, despite being a hostile person.

"He's my father." She said with a sigh and shook her head and ran her hand through her hair. She listened to him speak about it being a curse and a blessing in one go and she gave him a look. "Yea a real honour, I hope he doesn't expect me to kiss his feet or his arse, because it's not happening. Over my dead body." Nika said with a colder tone. Nika never considered talking about her godly parent as a personal thing, she could rant about Jupiter all she wanted and people still wouldn't really know who she was. "Especially with your father being a womanizer? From what I hear his Greek form is more of that than mine."

Chuckling at the cliche sound to Dimitri's name she let a small smile creep on her face. "Not fake, huh? I'll take your word for it. " When he asked about how she liked camp so far she shot a serious glance his way. "It's as close to a home as I'll get, I'm not really fond of it though, we'll see, it's only been three weeks. I take it this is your first time here?"
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/26/2015, 9:05 pm

Dimitri smiled at her remark at the Romans. She had some compassion in her people. "Nothin' to do with the Romans. I'm sure we have some people in the Ares cabin that are still mutterin' nasty things 'bout the war. It's mutual. And left to the individual, but it by no means reflects towards an entirety of a community." Dimitri's philosophy came from his mouth, more smoothly than usual. No lost love, post traumatic strees disorder of bear traps, or lost mindset of home would ever change how he felt about people. People were the backbone of the world, demigods and mortals. And he, in a sense, cared for every stranger he met.

"I'll plead the fifth on our god've gods. No use in disrespectin' him, 'cause I know he'll certainly repay me for it one day." Dimitri said, hoping Dominika would get the gist. Zeus was literally a horrible excuse for a leader or a man. "One-hundred percent legitimate. Our farm was even called Midnight Farm. I never really grew up thinkin' anythin' of it, but, y'know, I've learned through talkin' to others that it's a funny soundin' last name." Dimitri said, a grin on his face from the subject. He had a lot of memories with Midnight, the name and the time.

"Yes it is." Dimitri replied, about this being his first time in Camp Jupiter. "I knew it was gonna be impressive. But, it's really somethin' amazin'. The architecture is incredible, and so is the structure. I've never seen anythin' like it." Not that Dimitri had seen many things besides home, Camp Half-Blood, now Camp Jupiter, and what was in-between. "I understand what you mean, 'bout home. I haven't felt at home since the day I left my real home. If it's any solace at all, it gets easier. But, I get whatcha mean." Dimitri shared empathy with Dominika in this aspect. He could be diagnosed with terminal homesickness.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/26/2015, 9:43 pm

Nika had just that there in silence as he went on about some philosophy type thing and now she had her legs fully stretched out in front of her. When he mentioned a farm, she wondered what that would be like to live on a farm. You'd grow up working for everything and you'd be able to appreciate things for all they were worth. She wondered what kind of stuff he had on his farm, and if he still visited his home. Talking to someone else it made her wonder how someone else had lived and what their family life was like. She could probably bet her bottom dollar that everyone had a vastly different home life, just she wasn't exactly the type to pry much.

Hearing how he felt about the Greek camp and camp itself she could feel the empathy he had and she could appreciate it. Showing that appreciation was much different for her though. All she could think was about how he had a place he did think of as home. Nika on the other hand didn't feel like she had any home. None the less those details weren't going to be shared very much among people, especially not someone she had just met.

While they sat there in silence for awhile, there was a moment she thought that she heard something and her head was tilted towards the noise wondering if she'd hear it again on her brain was playing tricks on her. Then once more she heard it again and louder, she couldn't really describe the noise but she looked at Dimitri, "Did you hear that?" She asked quietly in case it was something that would run away at the sound of her voice. Then with a grin on her face she said, "I say we look for."
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/27/2015, 9:52 pm

"Just rustlin' in the trees and bushes, I bet." Dimitri said. He looked back at her and gave her a grin at her hushed tone. "You think it's a rabbit or somethin'? Didn't realize you were into huntin'." Dimitri took point towards the direction, though to be fair, he wasn't the child of a massive god here. "Come on then, let's go find it." Dimitri said, nodding to her. Here, he was within the walls of Camp Jupiter, he felt safer than when he was out there. The best demigod soldiers in the world resided here. There was no way there was anything behind those few trees that was going to cause them any problems, surely.

If only that were true.

Dimitri took only so many steps forward before the leafs were cascaded on the ground. With a nervous breath, he took some steps forward. He glanced back at Dominika for just one moment, and took his next step without watching. And that's when he heard the familiar snap of metal, and his heart skipped a beat in that split second of a moment. It was too late to do anything at all. Dimitri gritted his teeth, bracing himself for the sharp pain to come.

The teeth of the bear trap dug into the same leg they had last time. "Jesus Christ!" Dimitri shouted out in pain. The pressure and sharpness of the two sets of metal teeth in his legs didn't feel any better this time around. He prayed in his mind for a release hatch to be on the trap this time. But, surely enough there was none. This trap was rigged like the last. He was going to have to pull the teeth apart manually again. If he could manage to somehow get his pain under control.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/28/2015, 9:18 pm

Nika walked out into the trees with Dimitri but being the person that she was she led the way. Going anywhere that was a bit of a foreign place to you, you had to watch your surroundings, and so Nika had stepped over a few different things. Especially if you were trying to find an animal you should avoid branches and rustling leaves yourself. Nika paused and looked around and had split thought when she remembered Dimitri was following behind her, and not everyone looked out for things. Just as she was about to turn around and tell him to watch out for some things she had seen she head, "Jesus Christ!"

Turning around completely to face him she saw the metal gleaming a bit in the sun streams shining through some of the trees. Sh*t, Nika thought to herself but she showed nothing of worry or panic on her face. Stuff like this could happen all the time and having one person freaking out instead of helping wasn't going to help. "Well, this was unexpected." She said sighing and walked towards Dimitri and came to the conclusion that there was no release hatch. That made her job a bit worse.

"Alright, so we should probably have you sit down for when I take this bear trap out of your leg." Nika said and placed an arm on his shoulder waiting for him to agree to the plan. "If need be I can help you down the hill afterwards, being a child of the almighty Jupiter does have some perks, unfortunately I'm not some water healer like some Neptune kids are. " She said with a small chuckle trying to keep the mood somewhat light hoping to distract Dimitri from the main part of his pain but she doubted it'd do that much.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/28/2015, 10:42 pm

The pain was sharp, but familiar. He wasn't calm in the slightest, with the sensation of teeth digging into his raw flesh. It burned as deep as fire, and he couldn't bare it. But he had no choice. It had taken him probably hours last time to get out of it, but he did it. Dimitri was grunting in pain, his teeth gritted. His eyes blurred from the intense pain that he could hardly comprehend. He'd spent all this time worrying about this moment, yet neglected that fear when he needed it the most. Dimitri's quick breaths eventually began to somewhat steady, though he wasn't doing so hot in the slightest.

"Good God, who left a bear trap laying around?!?" Dimitri shouted, his southern accent was now coarse with pain. He couldn't function right, not with the mental and physical pain breakdown he had gone through. Warm, red blood seeped down his leg. He gave himself some credit, although is hands and free leg were holding him up, at least he was still up. Last time this happened, he fell hard. And to make matters worse, he told his companion to leave without him. That was the last thing he wanted on his mind though, Katarina, the only girl he'd ever felt for.

A sigh escaped the demigod's mouth as he managed to accept the pain. Dimitri tilted his body, gripping one side of the trap with his hands, the teeth digging into his fingers violently. He could have adjusted them to make them bleed less, but he didn't care. "Please just... help me pull the other side so I can get out of this thing..." Dimitri said, with a weak and hollow voice as though he had been defeated. He began pulling, hoping that Nika would help him. He was tired, scarred, and in pain.

Dimitri just wanted to go home.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/28/2015, 11:02 pm

Nika knew at this point nothing she was saying was going into his mind. She was about to panic but she kept calm. "Let go of the bear trap Dimitri." she snapped at him viciously hoping that bit of info went through and that was when she held him from under his armpits and tried to lower him down, it was a difficult task but she used her wind powers to help her a bit. Nika needed him sitting on the ground because once they were able to release it he'd likely lose more blood than he already was and that loss of blood would likely make him light headed and he'd have a hard fall.

Studying the bear trap she tried putting her foot on the one side of the bear trap and attempted to pull on the other side. These traps were immensely strong, they'd almost need Hercules at this point. Never the less, Nika wasn't going to give up. Grunting while trying to pry it open she strained a bit and a headache was welling up inside her head. "Going to get you out." Nika spoke mumbling under her breath as she kept trying. She supposed there was a reason why hunters used this for trapping bears.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/29/2015, 12:14 am

Dimitri normally would have struggled against the girl, and told her that they should do this together. Two sets of hands were twice as strong as one set of hands, after all. That in essence, who Dimitri was. He had incredible faith in community, and those around him. He always worked to bring people up, and help them. Although, there was no telling Dominika that they should work together. Dimitri put up no fight against her as she lowered him to the ground; he was officially dead weight. His back hit the ground, but gently as Dominika lowered him there. He didn't even thank her, despite how much it was in his code to be thankful. He simply didn't have it in him to be grateful to her at the moment. He hardly even was able to tell she was pulling at the trap.

The demigod's head tilted to the left, his eyes not focusing on anything in particular, but they didn't move. As though he was ignoring all of his senses, he simply existed. The trap dug into his leg, warm blood flooding down his leg now, as the teeth let up some pressure. Dimitri didn't react in any sense. Dirt had begun collecting on his hair and face, from laying on the hard ground. This was his life, stepping into the traps set by people with dark and cruel hearts. And one day, there wouldn't be someone to help him. He'd be caught by these people, these things.

No part of him reacted to anything, not even the pain from the trap. He was simply numb, overtired, in intense pain, and emotionally traumatized. He thought about how inconvenient his existence was to Katarina, the only girl he'd ever felt for. She was a hunter who had broken her oath to kiss him. He hadn't seen or talked to her sense, and the calling card she had given him was still in his pocket. And now, she would suffer the consequences, all because of him. Despite all of his best efforts, this is where he layed. His still eyes were bloodshot, and bags lined under them. The last glimmer of hoped rested behind them.

Then, suddenly, he felt the trap loosen. And the last glimmer of hope awoken to his eyes, as his leg began withdrawing. He was going to make it. He was going to be okay.

Then, halfway out, the trap re-grasped onto his leg. A snapping sound could be heard, and blood was now flowing from many places. Dimitri didn't yell, there was only a single grunt, but Dimitri's eyes layed still. "It doesn't matter." Dimitri said, his voice was now hollow and empty, and not a single emotion broke through into his voice. "This is how I'll die. I'm an animal, waiting to be snared into the trap I won't get out of." The demigod spoke, not even trying to look at the girl who was desperately trying to help him. "If I get out of it today, I'm just gonna die tomorrow." The demigod had lost all of his fight finally.

"You should go. With all of the attacks, your people need leaders. They need you." All that Dimitri could think of was home. Why was he torn from it. "I just want it all to be over..."
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/29/2015, 1:41 am

In the midst of her pulling at the tight bind that wouldn't loosen for the love of the gods, she managed to glimpse over at him. He looked lifeless. That gave her more incentive to try harder. Nika couldn't let herself be the dead weight, despite how ironic that was, considering Dimitri was just laying there acting like a pile of damp lumber. That was a weird comparison. Just when Nika thought there wasn't any strength left in her she could feel the trap loosen a bit and he realized it. Stunning that she had been able to do it, she wasn't useless for once and she just hoped she could keep it opened just for a little bit so he could get out.

As the snap sounded it just continued to go into another part of his leg. Nika's knucklkes were white by this point and she had deep indentations in her hands that were now throbbing. Nika started to get angry and her emotions were bubbling over at this point. At a last desperate attempt she tried again but due to the last time her arms were like noodles now. Why was she so weak? Why did it seem no matter what happened at this camp she did something wrong, she couldn't prove herself worthy. The only child of the big three to be placed in anything less than the first cohort. Nika was the lamest excuse for a child of Jupiter and she knew it. She didn't even ask for this. That the absolute worst part of it all. Nika didn't ask for this life, she didn't ask to be a child of a god, she didn't ask for her father to leave before she was even born, she didn't ask to be far from home. She didn't asked to be touched.

It was almost as if, she wasn't even there anymore. Wrapped up in so much emotional pain, there was only so much you could handle. From the outside her face was straight. Not a hint or trace of what her actual thoughts were. She didn't let her wall down for anything or anyone, no longer. When she heard the words come out of his mouth she wanted to give him the biggest slap to the face she could and she wanted to yell and scream. None of those happened. When he finished speaking, she had her head facing toward the ground her hair covering her face. "Just shut up." She said softly and quietly hardly audible. Her voice was quivering and she knew she was close to a breaking point. "Shut.Up." Speaking louder and more firm.

Tears rolled down Nika's face. This wasn't to be confused with anything. Nothing was happening from this. "You think it's that simple don't you? To go lead some group somewhere. No matter what this is, whether it was just a casual stroll or a battle, or whether you're Greek or Roman. No man gets left behind, it is the honorable way, as cheesy as it is." She said with a stern tone in her voice and she was prepared to try again, "You know it's the rather unfortunate part of life, crap happens that you can't help, you have dreams that taunt you and haunt you every night, but it doesn't end when you wake up. Things happen to us, we can't go back and change, we fall down sometimes, but no matter what you get back up, and you fight back ten times harder, you prove to the world you aren't their pawn. Do you want to be remembered as the person who didn't try and lost or do you want to be remembered for the one who got up and tried to push through it all." Concluding her rant she desperately tried again, putting more effort and more strength in. All her anger pushing against it, she was going to get him out, because if she didn't she was a sorry excuse of a demigod. Either way she had to accept her life, whether she liked it or not.

After about half an hour of pulling on it again, she managed to get it loose again but she put more of her strength in at this time and tried pushing the trap off of his leg. When it snapped shut again, she was afraid his leg had been snapped on again, when she looked back, she had a sigh of relief as his leg had been left out. Nika started to pant a bit now from over exerting herself. "You're not leaving this world yet Dimitri, it's not your time."
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/29/2015, 5:46 pm

"It doesn't end when you wake up. No, it only ends when you stop waking up."

The demigod didn't speak or move, he let her have the rest of her speech. There was no longer an operating drive in the demigod, he'd let so much go. It was nothing short of a miracle that he'd gotten so far, taken so much, fought so hard back. He was no warrior, he wasn't the kind of person who got to live. Even in one of the safest places in the world, here he was caught in a trap. And there was no point in sobbing. No point in struggling. It was all going to end like this, and afterwards, would his life have mattered to a single person? No, all of his words would get lost in the void. Leaving absolutely nothing in their wake.

The emptiness wasn't scary to Dimitri. It was oddly welcoming. It meant no responsibilities and no disappointments. It meant no more letting down those who counted on you. It meant that the weight of wondering was gone. No more waiting to know if you'd ever see your family again. No more waiting on a mother to glimpse at you. No more worry. No more promises broken, lost under the sheets and blankets of lies in the dark bed called the world.

Then he felt the trap release from his leg entirely. He didn't move still, even though he was free. He'd given up. The demigod didn't have any drive to fight or resist. He was free, but he was only free to walk forward into his next trial with death. His heavy eyes didn't move from their position. What was this unholy sensation that had tainted him?

"Thank you..." Dimitri said, with his same empty voice. Why did he say it? He had no idea. Why be thankful when it didn't matter truly? Dimitri rose to his one leg, attempting to place his other foot down. He immediately dropped back onto the ground when he felt pressure on his leg. He reached his hands forward, grabbing a tree, as he struggled to stand himself up.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/29/2015, 6:14 pm

Dominika had nothing left to say at this point. She felt like just running down the hill, there was nothing else she could do for him. She knew he was suffering, not just from the physical pain but there was something more to it. Knowing what it was like Nika decided to leave whatever it was alone and decided asking was the worst thing to do in this situation. Once again her problems needed to be pushed down. If you were to lead your needs came last, and she had plenty of time later to wallow in misery and anguish.

At this point Dimitri was just being annoying, she couldn't change how she felt about how he was being but it was truth. She sat there and watched him struggle for a bit to get up. He kept trying. "So if you're done and you want to give up, why do you keep getting back up? If you were really done you would just lay there and wait to die, you wouldn't be trying to stand up again. Make up your mind. Do you want to decompose in the earth and leave things unattended to? or do you want to live and see what life will offer to you once you're gone through hell and back?"

Sitting there she brushed a few dangling strands of her blonde hair behind her ear, and she could feel a light breeze. She sat cross legged and she waited for him to reply, if he was even going to. She picked at the grass a bit absent minded as she continued to do it. After pulling the trap off she needed to regain some strength but she was fairly sure she could get him down that hill in no time, she'd just be worn out later.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/29/2015, 10:13 pm

Dimitri didn't answer her in regards as to why he was still trying if he wanted it over. He didn't want to share further. "I shouldn'ta said any've that." Dimitri said, holding himself up. His burden was heavy, but it was his burden to carry alone. Other people were meant to be brought up with his help, not taken down with his fears. His pain became unnumbed, as he grunted with the weight put on the leg, as light as it was. He looked around, hoping to see some convienient source of water around. At first glance, sadly, there was none in sight. He sighed, he desired water greatly.

He glanced back at his new friend. Part of him wished to share the truth of everything that had happened to him so far. But how did someone just say that? Like it was nothing? How could the demigod even begin to put that weight on the daughter of Jupiter? In that moment, he thought about what he would share with her. Which dark secret did he wish to release the most? To admit that his heart was smitten by a hunter, whom broke her vow to kiss him, and she let him? His existence was bad for Katarina, and the calling card she had given him felt heavier in his pocket each day. He never went anywhere without it, ever

Or perhaps he would talk about his expereince with cyclopes and bear traps. How he awoke in fear from nightmares every night imagining those terrors. Or maybe, he would share his sheer homesickness that he could not cure. His parents could be dead, and the demigod wouldn't even know. And all the demigod could believe in this hopeless world was that he was simply an animal waiting to be kill; he was the hunted.

Or maybe he would share the truth. That he didn't want this struggle at all. But if he died, then others would die too. People would wonder why the demigod never returned. He was a beacon of light to some, and held them up, despite that his core was as dark as the underground.

He shared none of these things.

"Just..." Dimitri sighed. The weight weighed on him heavily, of everything. "Thank you for gettin' me out of there. Last time I was stuck in one of these, it was rainin'. It wasn't hard to fix myself up with the healin' properties of water. Is there any water 'round here?" Dimitri asked in a near plead.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/31/2015, 12:29 pm

Listening to Dimitri's apology she just looked at him. She didn't do things like this because she had to, she always did them because she wanted to. Sitting there staring off into space, all Nika could think about was everything she had been through so far while being here. The first thing that happened after she came to the camp she ended up getting into a tussle with an automaton that looked like a unicorn. Wasn't just any unicorn, it could breath fire as if it were some dragon from a legend or something. After a tiring day of that, Nika found herself here wanting to scream and yell at the statue of her father but instead she ended up helping a boy out of a bear trap. This was her new life whether she liked it or not.

"Oh, you're welcome." Nika said in reply to his thank you and didn't want to seem too rude, although she was sure she probably already had, due to her snide comments and remarks that she often made. Most of her family, well her mother back home had hated her remarks and would scold her every time telling her that wasn't how a lady should speak and that they don't speak out of turn. Every time she wanted to get so mad and yell that this wasn't the dawn of time and things were more modern now, but yet, Nika shut her mouth and obeyed her mother regardless. Needless to say looking back on it her mother was a cow. If she had ever called her mother that to her face that'd be a big slap across the face

She almost hated her mother more than her father. At the end of the day, Nika had no family to really call her own, not biologically. After her new husband did what he did to her, Nika has been emotionally ruined since. It's difficult to trust anyone but especially guys, just one touch of the arm sometimes was enough to set her off into a self destruct and panic mode, she sheltered herself so bad from what happened, just so it wouldn't happen again that now no one could get close. Nika told her mother once what happened. Her mother got mad, at Nika for making up such lies, and told her to stop drawing attention on herself. That was when she knew she could never count on her mother for anything. Nika remembered the day well as if it only happened yesterday. As a result for her telling her mother it only happened again, so when Nika had the chance for an exchange program she took it. She wanted far away from that house, she couldn't stand it. Every memory, every laughter, every anger, every hurtful thing that happened, happened there. It was too hurtful to be in, sometimes Nika wanted to go back just so she could burn the house down, with that man inside it. She wants to see him suffer but not so bad he dies, no, she wanted him to live with nasty burn marks and have to go through each day hating his life and fearing it, she wants him to feel just as she does, she wants him to suffer so bad.

Snapping out of it, Nika realized one single tear had dropped from her eye, and she quickly wiped it away. It wasn't allowed to happen. "This has happened to you before?" Nika said a bit stunned but recovered quickly as he said he needed water. "Are you sure you don't want a medic?" She asked but then got up herself and was trying to think of where water was. There was water at the Little Tiber but she wasn't sure that'd work, there was also a lake in New Rome but that was a bit away. It seemed to be the only real option though. "May I carry you?" She asked, as she would be able to do so, and she could get them there quicker than walking on foot.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/31/2015, 8:35 pm

Dimitri kept as much pressure on his untouched leg as he could, so that the wounded one didn't need to be in too much pain. The teeth marks oozed out warm, red blood, and it stung like unholy hell. Dimitri opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Only shaky and painful breaths were coming from him at this point. He tested putting pressure on it a few times. It didn't look like Dimitri would be taking a run anywhere anytime soon. The demigod turned back to look at Dominika, he wasn't being useful to himself or her by standing here and doing nothing at all.

Burden or not, always do the right thing.

"Second time in a bear trap." Dimitri confirmed, and he certainly was not thrilled about that fact. "My birth mother is a water goddess, I can at least make it feel a lot less... uncomfortable, just with water." He wasn't sure what bothered him more, the physical leg pain or the burden of the phobia. He was the only person he knew who'd ever stepped in a bear trap before. And now two? Why was there possibly one up on Temple Hill, he wondered. There certainly wasn't a bear problem that the gods wouldn't handle if they were wandering into the temples. He would have to go looking for this person later.

Dimitri's empathy began to return to him, as though they were brothers separated in a crowd. "Forget about me for the moment, are you okay?" Dimitri asked, once he noticed the tear. It was gone before he even got halfway through his sentence, but he continued regardless. "I can walk, I'll make it there. I'm awfully grateful for you gettin' me out of that trap and offerin' to carry me, but I can make it. And I'm truly sorry you had to hear what you did." It was only now that Dimitri was registering the things he'd said.

That wasn't him. It wasn't who he was.

"But what about you? What can I do to help you?" The teenager asked.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 8/1/2015, 1:18 pm

Two bear traps? Two in your life? To step in one twice was something unheard of, even just stepping in one the first time. Nika began to feel bad for Dimitri, how could you feel happy ever, you'd be scared of stepping into more, and more so why was there one even in camp? Nika questioning everything like this wasn't the best way to go. She could related to bad things happening twice though, so in some way the demigod had some sympathy for the guy.

More tears threatened after she wiped the one away, but she wouldn't cry. She couldn't. If she cried the sense of stability would be gone and if she cried she showed weakness and a leader never showed their weakness. Apparently her trying to be discrete had landed him in asking her if she was okay. "I'm fine." Nika said in a dull tone and sighed. "It's just... Allergy season." she said mumbling a bit under her breath.

When Dimitri was denying her to help him out she shook her head. "Dimitri I can fly, now, Im picking you up and taking you to water like you're asking. You have blood pouring out of your leg for gods sake." With that being said Nika walked over and crouched by his legs to pick him up that way and put him over her shoulder. It was the way you were supposed to pick someone who was heavier than you up.

Seeing the blood get on her clothes, Nika didn't really care at this point. "To water we go Dimitri. You aren't walking today, my job isn't done yet. Also I don't need help. I have always managed on my own." With that, Nika took off flying to take Dimitri to water so he could use it to soothe his pain a bit.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 8/2/2015, 12:21 am

Dimitri looked down at his leg, the multiple teeth marks oozing blood. "It's not so bad." Dimitri insisted. The pain was searing, but it wasn't anything passed what he'd had to feel last time. Last time he had to resist healing his leg, despite having water, as it would have healed around the bear trap. The thought of it was enough to make him shudder. It was in the passed though, and it didn't matter at present moment. There were other things on his mind.

Dimitri wasn't a fool. It clearly wasn't allergy related; the girl hadn't shown even a single sign of allergies up until the tear. Dimitri wondered what had triggered it, and what exactly had happened to Dominika. She was a closed book, but she was still a good person. Dimitri, sadly, had no context clues to go on.

Surely enough, the demigod didn't have a say. Today it was his day to be helped. It looked like he wouldn't be able to help Dominika until another day. And even then, helping her was a much more difficult task than helping him. All Dimitri needed was water. Dominika needed more though, Dimitri could tell. When all was said and done, and his leg rested in water, cutting the bleeding down, Dimitri breathed easily once more. Standing on the leg hurt, but with the help of water every few hours, it would be as good as new soon enough. Sadly, the scars weren't such an easy fix.

The night was underway. And Dimitri's last look at the daughter of Jupiter was one of certainty. He would continue to check up on those allergies until Dominika got the prescription she needed to be healthy. The first part of that process was to say his thank you and goodbyes.

But the allergies would not stay. Dimitri was certain of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 10:00 am